Author Topic: Stuff on Netflix  (Read 40919 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Stuff on Netflix
« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2023, 06:20:29 PM »
Don't know who's into cooking competition shows, but Pressure Cooker is fun as hell. No host, all challenges are delivered by a kitchen printer, which is the cause of ptsd to many a chef. And while having plenty of drama, unlike most shows where half the competition are fucking hacks, all these chefs are absolute nails in the kitchen.

Who decides the winner? A beeper?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2023, 04:33:16 AM »
Last time I had Netflix I saw the documentary about the Fyre festival, so having enjoyed a good trainwreck, I watched the documentary about Woodstock '99. Wow. How individuals decide to act is on themselves and themselves alone, but boy did they drop the ball on major issues such as security, hygiene and even having a clue about the kind of bands they were billing and therefore the crowds they were attracting.....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #317 on: March 28, 2023, 12:28:05 PM »
The Night Agent

New political thriller / action show based on a book.  I'm hooked on this one. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: March 28, 2023, 12:39:49 PM »
The Night Agent

Yeah?  I need a new show and that one looked interesting.

We just watched the Waco documentary which was really interesting

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #319 on: March 28, 2023, 01:25:32 PM »
The Night Agent

Looks good.  On my list.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2023, 10:38:06 AM »
Finished S2 of 'Shadow and Bone'. Not a bad little series....fun to watch.....that being said, the showrunners have the show planned for a three season arc and Netflix has yet to green light S3 which is typical. Let's cancel another popular series.....not cancelled yet but no news as far as it's future.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2023, 10:40:54 AM »
Finished S2 of 'Shadow and Bone'. Not a bad little series....fun to watch.....that being said, the showrunners have the show planned for a three season arc and Netflix has yet to green light S3 which is typical. Let's cancel another popular series.....not cancelled yet but no news as far as it's future.

jingle.daughter absolutely LOVES the book series.  I'd be surprised if Netflix cancels this ... methinks the franchise pretty popular with the youngins.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2023, 10:51:51 AM »

jingle.daughter absolutely LOVES the book series.  I'd be surprised if Netflix cancels this ... methinks the franchise pretty popular with the youngins.

It's a fun show for sure. Not terribly difficult to 'predict' but it's production quality is high and the acting is good.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #323 on: April 22, 2023, 07:26:03 PM »
I swear the folks that made BEEF have a direct connection to my music playlist as they've nailed every song beat I would have done. Only four episodes in but looking forward to the rest.

Online nick_z

« Reply #324 on: April 29, 2023, 04:29:11 PM »
The Night Agent

Watched it - the acting is not fantastically good (being generous here ;)), but the show was pretty gripping. Definitely an enjoyable watch.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2023, 03:22:10 PM »
Yeah, I'm all over this.  New trailer for Extraction 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y274jZs5s7s

It looks SOOOOO over the top.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Grappler

« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2023, 08:14:43 PM »
FUBAR - Fun little action/spy series with Arnold.  It felt a lot like True Lies with action and a lot of humor.

Arnold - this was a fantastic 3-part documentary on Arnold's life (Bodybuilding, Acting, Politics) with interviews from people involved with each of those aspects of his life, along with the man himself.  I gained a ton of respect for him after watching it.

Online faizoff

« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2023, 10:06:33 PM »
Finished the 4th and final season of Never have I ever. Fun show with a fun ending to the series. That's like the 3rd show I've watched this year ending after 4 seasons.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online faizoff

« Reply #328 on: June 18, 2023, 12:33:24 AM »

Movie was fantastic. So over the top yet the action never felt boring. Batshit insane choreography and fight scenes. Extraction 3 has already been announced and I already can't wait.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #329 on: June 21, 2023, 07:46:51 PM »
Well……I just watched the first episode of ‘Narcos’. Looks like I’ll be busy for a bit…….

Offline Grappler

« Reply #330 on: June 22, 2023, 09:46:28 AM »
Well……I just watched the first episode of ‘Narcos’. Looks like I’ll be busy for a bit…….

That show is awesome!  Great actors and based on the true story of how they took down Pablo Escobar. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2023, 10:11:27 AM »

That show is awesome!  Great actors and based on the true story of how they took down Pablo Escobar.

Yeah……I watched 4 episodes last night. Definitely hooked and will be churning through this one. Really cool story and it’s so well done.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: June 22, 2023, 12:38:41 PM »
Been watching an episode of the new Black Mirror season each night this week.  Good stuff!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: June 22, 2023, 12:49:41 PM »
Been watching an episode of the new Black Mirror season each night this week.  Good stuff!

Yeah......I hammered that out quick. Pretty good season. Bummed there weren't more.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2023, 01:13:56 PM »

Awesome two seasons, I can confirm! you're in for a ride  :tup

I also appreciated how, while they did not in any way made fun or downplayed the horrible situation, the show somehow had a.... "lighter" feel that made it watchable. I mean, it was no comedy, but it was neither dark, violent and depressing to the point that the enjoyment was sucked out of it. It was not comedic, but it wasn't bleak either.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2023, 05:42:43 PM »

I also appreciated how, while they did not in any way made fun or downplayed the horrible situation, the show somehow had a.... "lighter" feel that made it watchable. I mean, it was no comedy, but it was neither dark, violent and depressing to the point that the enjoyment was sucked out of it. It was not comedic, but it wasn't bleak either.

There is also Narco-Saints, which is quite good too, even though it’s not connected with the two Narcos seasons.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #336 on: June 26, 2023, 07:01:37 PM »

Finished S1. Really enjoyed it. I’m digging the way they splice in the real footage of the events when they occur on the show.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #337 on: June 26, 2023, 09:10:47 PM »
Break Point

Much like the PGA tour doc Full Swing, I am enjoying seeing the personal side/life and what goes into playing on the ATP and WTA tours.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #338 on: June 27, 2023, 12:20:17 PM »
If you want to be thoroughly (more) disgusted with American medical providers and the child welfare system - and Florida as a state, check out the Netflix documentary, Take Care of Maya.

I thought I had literally heard it all.  I was wrong.

This documentary takes you in one direction and then just when you think you've decided who the culprit is, you find out you couldn't have been more wrong.   :censored
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline pg1067

« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2023, 12:50:35 PM »

Movie was fantastic. So over the top yet the action never felt boring. Batshit insane choreography and fight scenes. Extraction 3 has already been announced and I already can't wait.

I just posted this in the movie thread, but I watched the first Extraction over the weekend.  Seemed like a near carbon copy of the 2008 Rambo movie.  Definitely nothing special, but it won't deter me from checking out Extraction 2.  Hopefully they gave Golshifteh Farahani's character (Nik) more to do.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: June 27, 2023, 12:54:03 PM »

I just posted this in the movie thread, but I watched the first Extraction over the weekend.  Seemed like a near carbon copy of the 2008 Rambo movie.  Definitely nothing special, but it won't deter me from checking out Extraction 2.  Hopefully they gave Golshifteh Farahani's character (Nik) more to do.

You won't be disappointed.

Offline Grappler

« Reply #341 on: June 27, 2023, 01:22:12 PM »
It took me two years to get through Extraction 1.  I just didn't really get into it at all and only finished it because they made a second one.

Extraction 2 was a lot more fun to watch.

Online faizoff

« Reply #342 on: June 27, 2023, 02:03:10 PM »
The allure of Extraction movies is the choreography of the action, the story is kinda nonsense so I don't even bother thinking about how things happen. The real fun are all those fights and car chases. At least for me that's what made it fun.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: June 27, 2023, 03:57:10 PM »
The allure of Extraction movies is the choreography of the action, the story is kinda nonsense so I don't even bother thinking about how things happen. The real fun are all those fights and car chases. At least for me that's what made it fun.

Agreed.  The "one-shot" in the first movie was excellent.  This time around, it was cool and impressive, but felt overly forced at several moments throughout it.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #344 on: June 27, 2023, 06:34:02 PM »
Break Point

Much like the PGA tour doc Full Swing, I am enjoying seeing the personal side/life and what goes into playing on the ATP and WTA tours.

As a big tennis fan, I loved Break Point.

Although I don’t follow golf at all, I plan to watch Full Swing soon.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: June 28, 2023, 09:21:34 AM »
So there's a new wrestling game, AEW Fight Forever, that is a modern version of the THQ WWF wrestling games from the N64 like No Mercy (one of my all time favorite games).  I may have to get this and check it out.  It comes out tomorrow on basically every platform.  Might want to get it for the switch instead of PC though.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: June 28, 2023, 09:34:39 AM »
This is on Netflix?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #347 on: June 28, 2023, 09:38:55 AM »
So there's a new wrestling game, AEW Fight Forever, that is a modern version of the THQ WWF wrestling games from the N64 like No Mercy (one of my all time favorite games).  I may have to get this and check it out.  It comes out tomorrow on basically every platform.  Might want to get it for the switch instead of PC though.

You might be in the wrong thread.   :)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: June 28, 2023, 10:16:08 AM »
 :lol yup, meant for the video games thread  :facepalm:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #349 on: June 28, 2023, 11:57:25 PM »

Finished S1. Really enjoyed it. I’m digging the way they splice in the real footage of the events when they occur on the show.

Done with S2. Cool stuff. The later part of the season though you could tell they were stretching it out a bit. I’m going to have to dig into the actual events a bit more to separate fact from fiction.