Author Topic: Fallout  (Read 787 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Fallout
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2024, 08:52:00 AM »
I think she's excellent, no issues from me at all.

Maximus has taken a bit of time for me to warm to but I think it's the character more than the actor - he's indecisive, impulsive and yet sometimes slow to respond. I think that's maybe the point.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2024, 08:56:32 AM »
I think she's excellent, no issues from me at all.

Maximus has taken a bit of time for me to warm to but I think it's the character more than the actor - he's indecisive, impulsive and yet sometimes slow to respond. I think that's maybe the point.

I agree, I think he's portraying the character, but once again, it's not enjoyable to watch for me. And those two together... ugh.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2024, 09:00:20 AM »
I agree, I think he's portraying the character, but once again, it's not enjoyable to watch for me. And those two together... ugh.
Fair enough, I've not had any problem with their interactions.

I'm also interested to see where his story takes him - he keeps hiding things from other characters presumably out of self-preservation, but it makes it hard to get a sense of what his priorities are.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2024, 02:24:11 PM »
Maximus has so much internal struggle. He is weak but finds himself getting out of tough situations in a weirdly lucky way. At least that's the case 3 episodes in.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2024, 09:18:02 AM »
Finished last night

What a fantastic finale! Really good way to end the season putting all the pieces together.  I was going into the final episode thinking the season was really good, but maybe nothing special, but that final episode elevated the entire show.  Sucks it'll be awhile before returning to this though.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2024, 04:13:01 PM »
I have a whole list of shows on my watchlist but when I saw Fallout was available I clicked on it straight away. 3 episodes in and I’m loving it. The female lead is great, she also plays in Yellowjackets which is awesome as well..
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2024, 11:55:38 AM »
Pilot episode is excellent. Vibe is absolutely spot on.

Can't wait for the next gen patch to hit the PS5 version of Fallout 4 next week and return to my PS4 save/character (and enter the DLC for the first time).

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2024, 01:14:22 PM »
Considering the attention to detail they put into this thing it seems odd that The Ghoul uses a weapon totally unlike anything in the game. I'm only on the second episode, but it also seems to fire different specialty rounds, insofar as I can tell. Strange choice. And now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen any energy weapons yet.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Operation: Slothcrime
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2024, 05:32:16 PM »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: Today at 12:35:00 PM »
Only 3 episodes in but I really enjoy it. One thing that for some reason caught me by surprise is how much humour they put into it. I have played both New Vegas and Fallout 4 so i'm kinda familiar with the overall lore but I don't know, I wasn't expecting to laugh as much as I have so far but in a good way I think. I like all the main characters even though Maximus is kinda weird. But seeing him fly and crash made me laugh so much.

Good I love Walter Goggins, he's just so perfect in any movie his in, especially playing a cowboy. He really has the looks for it.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #45 on: Today at 01:59:17 PM »
Fallout aka The Adventures of Zombie Boyd Crowder. I've been really enjoying this show. I tried playing one of the games, but got bored. I don't think I ever made it past the tutorial though. Looks like I should have stuck with it. Walton Goggins is a blast.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #46 on: Today at 02:04:31 PM »
Fallout aka The Adventures of Zombie Boyd Crowder. I've been really enjoying this show. I tried playing one of the games, but got bored. I don't think I ever made it past the tutorial though. Looks like I should have stuck with it. Walton Goggins is a blast.
I've tried playing 3 a few times, and the tutorial was the only part of it I thought was worth a damn.  :lol I always quit fairly early on. I thought 4 was great, though. The building element adds a great deal to the game, I think.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #47 on: Today at 03:11:57 PM »
I've tried playing 3 a few times, and the tutorial was the only part of it I thought was worth a damn.  :lol I always quit fairly early on. I thought 4 was great, though. The building element adds a great deal to the game, I think.

I don't know if they all start the same, but the one I played started out in the vault, something goes wrong during the tutorial, and I have to escape. Then I get to the town similar to what we see in the show, maybe it's the same one, and I don't remember anything else. I was hoping for another Skyrim, but this just didn't really grab me.  Seems I gave up too early though. Maybe it was that bracelet thing I didn't care for. I don't know. The show is cool.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: Today at 03:43:14 PM »
Fallout 3 was my favorite, such a great game back in its day.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #49 on: Today at 06:11:58 PM »
Just finished the show. I am not a gamer at all and have never played the game (or any of these type of games). I loved the show, awesome world building, characters and story and had a really strong emotional payoff. My one criticism is that I didn't like the choice of slow-mo action with an old music soundtrack over the top. That stylistic choice felt really jarring and out of place to me, I much preferred the serious vibe and musical score style which was the majority of the season.

Really great it is renewed for season 2.