Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 429687 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #6020 on: November 19, 2020, 03:53:45 PM »
Yeah, you'd swear Tim was Canadian.

That's how you really insult a hoser.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #6021 on: November 19, 2020, 03:58:27 PM »
Enter thread expecting serious discussion, get :corn

I'm 28, unemployed and in picture perfect health so I expect to be somewhere in the fifth or sixth wave of vaccination. If only I could get switched with some out of shape geezer (none here) who says they wanna wait and see :lol

I could tie this comment in with the recent ones on this page.....but I might get banned!   :D
I think bans will be issued for this exchange first:

It's the fastest way to stir 3 pots.

Maybe toss a salad while you’re at it?

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6022 on: November 19, 2020, 04:08:17 PM »
I would.  Get that salad out of here. Double entendre or not. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #6023 on: November 19, 2020, 06:29:03 PM »
Well we got a curfew in Cali now. 10pm to 5am, for a month. Comes right on the tail of Newaom's brilliant 'bday party at the French Laundry' scandal, so the social media is especially vehement of it. Gonna be an interesting month.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6024 on: November 19, 2020, 06:46:02 PM »

Oh you motherfucker. Now you went and done it.

It's on!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6025 on: November 19, 2020, 06:58:23 PM »
Enter thread expecting serious discussion, get :corn

I'm 28, unemployed and in picture perfect health so I expect to be somewhere in the fifth or sixth wave of vaccination. If only I could get switched with some out of shape geezer (none here) who says they wanna wait and see :lol

If you're looking to cut a deal with an out of shape geezer, I feel you've come to the right place, though. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6026 on: November 19, 2020, 07:01:23 PM »

In any event, I'm in.  I'll be first in line if need be.   I like Cram's attitude:  I'll believe the science and do my part.

This.  And honestly, by the time it gets to regular folks like us, there will be a lot of feedback on how it went for those getting it right away (medical community, high at-risk peeps, etc.), so should be no fear in getting it as long as there are no major setbacks or dangerous side effects.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6027 on: November 19, 2020, 07:06:22 PM »

Oh you motherfucker. Now you went and done it.

It's on!!

:lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6028 on: November 20, 2020, 01:06:40 AM »
At least in Italy the tenteative plan - since you can't vaccinate 60 millions of people overnight - is to give it first to doctors and nurses, then the elder population, then eventually everybody else. Which makes sense.

Also, count me in among the "ok, I'll do it and accept to feel very crap for a day or two" if I can go to concerts next summer.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6029 on: November 20, 2020, 05:31:49 AM »
jingle.family was just talking about this last night.  Since I and mrs.jingle can still keep mostly (entirely) to ourselves, I'm content to wait for vaccine 2.0 or 3.1.  jingle.kids might be going back to school, so I can see it being mandatory (virtually, or actually) for them.  There's really no use in worrying about long-term consequences, because ain't nobody gonna know them for a long time.

I just hope the world doesn't go all Children of Men in 20 years!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #6030 on: November 20, 2020, 07:17:01 AM »
I just hope the world doesn't go all Children of Men in 20 years!

What, you don't like excitement?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #6031 on: November 20, 2020, 10:01:31 AM »
High-risk old man here.  I'll be taking the first vaccine I can.  Pfizer is pushing for the fastest fast-track they can get, and I'm fine with that.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6032 on: November 20, 2020, 11:34:38 AM »

In any event, I'm in.  I'll be first in line if need be.   I like Cram's attitude:  I'll believe the science and do my part.

This.  And honestly, by the time it gets to regular folks like us, there will be a lot of feedback on how it went for those getting it right away (medical community, high at-risk peeps, etc.), so should be no fear in getting it as long as there are no major setbacks or dangerous side effects.

Our governor has been tweeting about this lately.  It sounds like it's really not that far away for even the average folk.  They expect 130k doses by end of the year and will be ready to give those out.  He didn't say, but it seems healthcare workers and most vulnerable, but he also said he expects the average person to be able to get it by April and he wants 70% of adults to have it by then.  I don't see us hitting those numbers as such a significant amount of people are skeptical, but it seems like logistics aren't going to be the big hurdle, it'll be convincing the public.

Offline emtee

« Reply #6033 on: November 20, 2020, 12:56:57 PM »
DeBlasio and Cuomo truly hate each other. DB said, " no school for NY public schools" and Cuomo undercut him. Now everyone is left scratching their heads and wondering.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #6034 on: November 20, 2020, 06:21:45 PM »
High-risk old man here.  I'll be taking the first vaccine I can.  Pfizer is pushing for the fastest fast-track they can get, and I'm fine with that.

Same.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6035 on: November 22, 2020, 12:31:17 AM »
The wife slipped on some slick and too-short-of-run new steps on a deck of our friends today.  Visible broken ankle.  I got her to Emergency at 202pm.  I went home at 4.  I went back to the hospital at 7.  Went back home at 8.

Each time I saw her for my allotted two minutes, she was not in an isolated room, but in the waiting area with 30-40 people, some who were just too sick or mentally off to keep their masks up.  She didn't have her own room, was not isolated, blah blah blah.

I got her home at 1 AM.  Up until 11pm she was in that waiting area.  Finally was taken back to get a cast.  The broken bone is protruding where the tongue of one's shoe is.  Pre Covid, she would have had the surgery and spent the night.  Now....she'll have surgery some time the week after T'giving.

What is unforgiveable....is allowing her to be exposed for all of those hours.  The ankle:  eff it, it'll heal or get fixed. 

The virus:  we are both petrified!  It's not right, and it's not fair.  Quite the hoax, ey? :censored
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6036 on: November 22, 2020, 05:51:24 AM »
Damn Dragon... that's awful.  I hope there's no COVID issues, and the foot heals properly.  mrs.jingle broke a bone in her foot last summer (ie, 16 months ago), and it took a long time to be pain free.  A friend of hers had a much more problematic experience - same kind of break, around the same time.  Multiple surgeries, and she still ain't right.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6037 on: November 22, 2020, 06:35:20 AM »
Damn. That is scary.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6038 on: November 22, 2020, 07:44:18 AM »
The wife slipped on some slick and too-short-of-run new steps on a deck of our friends today.  Visible broken ankle.  I got her to Emergency at 202pm.  I went home at 4.  I went back to the hospital at 7.  Went back home at 8.

Each time I saw her for my allotted two minutes, she was not in an isolated room, but in the waiting area with 30-40 people, some who were just too sick or mentally off to keep their masks up.  She didn't have her own room, was not isolated, blah blah blah.

I got her home at 1 AM.  Up until 11pm she was in that waiting area.  Finally was taken back to get a cast.  The broken bone is protruding where the tongue of one's shoe is.  Pre Covid, she would have had the surgery and spent the night.  Now....she'll have surgery some time the week after T'giving.

What is unforgiveable....is allowing her to be exposed for all of those hours.  The ankle:  eff it, it'll heal or get fixed. 

The virus:  we are both petrified!  It's not right, and it's not fair.  Quite the hoax, ey? :censored

No wonder people are catching it in hospitals.

Sorry for your wife's ankle.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6039 on: November 22, 2020, 08:21:21 AM »
It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to have a waiting room for anyone with Covid symptoms and a separate waiting room for those in for other reasons. It must be harder than I think it should be because the people running hospitals aren't stupid.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #6040 on: November 22, 2020, 09:09:17 AM »
Fuck that sucks, hope she recovers ok bud.

Haven't listened to the whole interview yet, but restaurateur and Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio calls Covid an Extinction level event for my industry, and it's hard for me to disagree with him. Frightening times ahead for all us chefs, waiters, bartenders and the like. Please, get take out food, get it often. If you have a favorite local place that you don't want to lose, patronize them heavily. They are in dire straits.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/restaurateur-tom-colicchio-covid-restaurants-extinction/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6i&linkId=105002064&fbclid=IwAR1UKAWcj9_5Qqbil2GEpSzKYCkqXnt-RZTCJRplmfDtoWNYREKiNPjT-94

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #6041 on: November 22, 2020, 10:04:31 AM »
Fuck that sucks, hope she recovers ok bud.

Haven't listened to the whole interview yet, but restaurateur and Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio calls Covid an Extinction level event for my industry, and it's hard for me to disagree with him. Frightening times ahead for all us chefs, waiters, bartenders and the like. Please, get take out food, get it often. If you have a favorite local place that you don't want to lose, patronize them heavily. They are in dire straits.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/restaurateur-tom-colicchio-covid-restaurants-extinction/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6i&linkId=105002064&fbclid=IwAR1UKAWcj9_5Qqbil2GEpSzKYCkqXnt-RZTCJRplmfDtoWNYREKiNPjT-94

Unfortunately, you're industry is one of many industries getting the blunt of this.

What I find interesting is, I know how many people in our state shop at Wal-Mart. It's a lot. So based on that logic, I stay away from that place. That's not even factoring in the Wal-Mart stories we all hear about. My priority is staying away from there (we all should anyways :biggrin:). I am trying to shop more locally, and going to smaller regional businesses. Like your Alberstons/Jewel Osco/Smiths'/Fry's/etc., and your Natural Stores, Trader Joes/Sprouts/Whole Foods. Most people here don't go to these stores, mainly, it's the "Rich White People" whom go there, or the "Health Nuts". Shit those places have good food. Trader Joe's was the best because they sampled their own products, even their coffee, that's how you market your store and products you sell.

My priority, as a native man, is to prevent my elders from catching it. I don't have any grandparents, but I do have uncles and aunties, and other close relatives, my family, that are vulnerable to getting it. They still go out and all that, because they are in control of their own bodies and minds, I can do all I can to tell them to stay home, but they don't want to be stuck inside and lonely all day. So what am I to do?...Nothing, just continue on with my life, and pray they won't catch it while out there in the world. They know they can catch it, and still go places, as I know I can catch it as well, but still need to eat and live. I would love to plant my own foods, and collect my own rain water, but that knowledge was taken from us and now I am here waiting in a long ass line, worried about some ass coughing on me, getting me sick, and killing my people.  :biggrin:

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6042 on: November 22, 2020, 12:43:51 PM »
It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to have a waiting room for anyone with Covid symptoms and a separate waiting room for those in for other reasons. It must be harder than I think it should be because the people running hospitals aren't stupid.

I expected my wife to have her own room or shared room, been given some meds, and the basic 'lying down, ankle on some pillows, peace of mind' type of setting.  Instead, though the waiting room seats were 'separated', she is sitting upright for hours on end with the possibility of getting exposed to the virus on top of the misery.

I broke my right ankle thirteen years ago.  Just needed to wear a boot.  I did EVERYTHING the doctor told me to do, and have had zero problems.  I do cringe whenever I see a football player crumple and see the replays for that type of injury.  Totally suxx.

Trivial....but we were going to host our Titan fans today in our garage for the game (all precautions to be followed, as there is plenty of space).  Our neighbors were still going to visit.  I just couldn't run the risk of possibly exposing them due to the prior day's events.   And, I hope the two of us will be fine as the day's progress.

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6043 on: November 22, 2020, 02:53:14 PM »

Goddamn! That fucking blows. That is some awful service. I don't even know what to say. I feel so bad for her.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6044 on: November 23, 2020, 11:59:59 AM »

Goddamn! That fucking blows. That is some awful service. I don't even know what to say. I feel so bad for her.

The worst part is that she can't go anywhere, and is stuck with me 24/7 ;)

She's been bumped up, and will have surgery Friday, after I take her in for a physical and blood work tomorrow. :tdwn  Went out and purchased a wheel chair for $65.  So she is no longer stuck in 'isolation' in our guest bedroom. 

My best friend and his wife had two Olive Garden meals delivered.  We've had desserts and meals left at our front door by friends and neighbors.  There have been other kind acts offered for the future weeks.  That outpouring of kindness has overwhelmed us both.

(just wish that the Ravens weren't on C19 lockdown.....)

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #6045 on: November 23, 2020, 01:40:18 PM »
So my wife, who works in the same field as I do, got this email this morning:

From: Oregon Health Authority <oha@service.govdelivery.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 23, 2020, 9:14 AM
Subject: Authorization Holders Compliance During Declared Emergency

Authorization Holders Compliance During Declared Emergency

The Health Licensing Office has filed a permanent Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) that clarifies the expectations of all authorization holders (licensed, certified, or registered) regarding the COVID-19 crisis and the Governor of Oregon’s declared state of emergency. This permanent rule follows the temporary rule that took effect on May 15, 2020. The permanent rule language went into effect on November 20, 2020.

331-020-0079

Compliance with Executive Orders and Guidance Required

(1) During a Governor declared emergency, unprofessional conduct under ORS 676.612, includes, but is not limited to, failing to comply with any applicable provision of a Governor’s Executive Order or any provision of this rule.

(2) Failing to comply as described in subsection (1) includes, but is not limited to:

(a) Performing services or practicing an occupation or profession in a way that is contrary to an applicable Executive Order;

(b) Providing services at a business required by an Executive Order to be closed;

(c) Failing to comply with the requirements of Oregon Health Authority (Authority) guidance implementing an Executive Order.

(3) No disciplinary action or penalty action shall be taken under this rule if the Executive Order alleged to have been violated is not in effect at the time of the alleged violation.

(4) Penalties for violating this rule include, but are not limited to, suspension, revocation, probation, monetary penalties, and an assessment of costs of disciplinary proceedings not exceeding $5,000. Any such penalties shall be imposed in accordance with ORS Ch. 183.

Not sure how much I appreciate getting my job threatened by the state if even my personal life doesn't fully match up with the (seemingly) arbitrary numbers set forth by the Governor's executive order...  Work life, sure, but to revoke my license for potentially having seven people at my house instead of six seems like a bit of an overreach.  Or I'm just overreacting.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6046 on: November 23, 2020, 08:58:04 PM »
And your governor wants people to call the cops on anyone committing any violations, including having more than 6 people at your house. Hope they haven't defunded their police forces yet.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #6047 on: November 23, 2020, 09:27:16 PM »
And your governor wants people to call the cops on anyone committing any violations, including having more than 6 people at your house. Hope they haven't defunded their police forces yet.

Our state wants to give $200,000 to "help our court system comply with public health orders"

Also, they want to give $10 million to our Department of Health for "Covid-19 testing, contract tracing, and roll out of vaccines."

Oh yeah, we got tested again, and the Department of Health had Computer troubles and we had a delay, they couldn't get us our Tests until it was resolved. I just laughed at that.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6048 on: November 24, 2020, 05:45:33 AM »
Or I'm just overreacting.

I don't know if you're overreacting, but I'm sure this was sent out, not so that they could get you, but to give them recourse in extremely stupid cases.

If I remember right, you work in the health sciences? Imagine if someone in your industry has a thanksgiving party of a couple dozen people. At the current infection rate it's statistically certain that 3 people at the party are infected in one way or another. It's also statistically certain that they will spread it to another 9 people at the event. They want to be able to say, "I warned you" to the party holder as they take away their license. A super spreader event held by a healthcare worker would inevitably make the press. The OHA is probably trying to head that off.

------------

On a personal note, I'm sick to my stomach over Thanksgiving. When I think of how COVID-19 will likely, tragically, effect entire family units. It won't give a shit whether one believes in it or not. Whether one is willing to take the risk or not. Whether one has always been tough or not. There will be too many Grandparents (and others) unnecessarily buried in January.

We've decided to not have anyone over, and order take-away from one of our favorite restaurants just to support them (I actually don't hold out much hope for their survival).
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6049 on: November 24, 2020, 06:17:01 AM »
Getting really sick of all the middle aged and older white people who refuse to wear a mask. From now on if I see someone coming into my job's small office without a mask I'm stopping them and telling them to get one. We've had a sign up on the front door saying 'one customer in the office at a time' since April but it's literally just for show; at times there have been up to 5 other people in there along with me and the old man. And I'm not kidding, it's literally only older white people. I have never seen a Latinx or black person come into the shop without a mask or showing some concern for wearing one. Only old white people seem to refuse to do their part. Don't care if that offends someone, it's true, at least in my experience since March. What the fuck is wrong with these rubes? Oh, the cops don't give a shit either, they'll wear a mask but some of the higher ups come on down without one and hang out real close to all of us. So do the tool guys. So do the jobbers. So does everyone. It drives me insane. I'm honestly surprised I haven't had it yet, and I probably already got it and just don't have any symptoms. Thinking about getting tested every week starting sometime this week.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #6050 on: November 24, 2020, 06:44:46 AM »
So I took a part time job at Whole Foods as an Amazon shopper to make a few extra bucks. Yesterday was the first solid day of Thanksgiving shopping that I worked, and based on the number of turkeys over 14lbs being purchased, either people are planning to have a shit ton of leftover turkey, or were fucked.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #6051 on: November 24, 2020, 07:08:26 AM »
Getting really sick of all the middle aged and older white people who refuse to wear a mask. From now on if I see someone coming into my job's small office without a mask I'm stopping them and telling them to get one. We've had a sign up on the front door saying 'one customer in the office at a time' since April but it's literally just for show; at times there have been up to 5 other people in there along with me and the old man. And I'm not kidding, it's literally only older white people. I have never seen a Latinx or black person come into the shop without a mask or showing some concern for wearing one. Only old white people seem to refuse to do their part. Don't care if that offends someone, it's true, at least in my experience since March. What the fuck is wrong with these rubes?

My wife said the same thing months ago when she was grocery shopping and seeing only older white men either not wearing a mask, or wearing it incorrectly.  I see it too when I commute on the train, and an older white man will sit down across the car, then slide the mask down below his nose.  Don't you realize we're in an 8-foot wide, enclosed space with each other? 

So I took a part time job at Whole Foods as an Amazon shopper to make a few extra bucks. Yesterday was the first solid day of Thanksgiving shopping that I worked, and based on the number of turkeys over 14lbs being purchased, either people are planning to have a shit ton of leftover turkey, or were fucked.

We only invited my parents, so it's just my family of four, plus two.   We bought a turkey that was around 14 lbs., or maybe a little larger, so we can have leftovers, send some to my wife's dad, and send some home with my parents.  I can only hope that is what other families are doing, but I'm sure there will be plenty that decide to hold a big thanksgiving like usual.  We'll see how things fare in two weeks. 

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #6052 on: November 24, 2020, 07:09:25 AM »
My wife bought a 14 lb turkey for just the four of us.  She loves Thanksgiving and I could not talk her down from it.  We practically live on turkey and chicken anyway since we're both avoiding red meat, so it's a week's worth of leftovers for us.  Same as we've done every year for many years now.

Our daughter comes home from school tonight.  Yeah, I'm kinda scared.  Two planes and two airports.  But supposedly air travel is not the germ factory many assume it is.  The airlines have beefed up the filtration and circulation systems.  Also, we kinda don't have a choice.  The campus closes until January, and we're not going to make her stay at her apartment alone through the entire holiday season.  She's been living in Virginia this whole time and is COVID-free as far as we know, so unless she picks it up on the way here, she's not bringing it home with her.

Spinning the wheel...

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6053 on: November 24, 2020, 07:30:07 AM »
Given air traffic is the highest it's been since March, seems like a lot of people are squarely in the "fuck it" camp.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6054 on: November 24, 2020, 07:50:15 AM »
Getting really sick of all the middle aged and older white people who refuse to wear a mask. From now on if I see someone coming into my job's small office without a mask I'm stopping them and telling them to get one. We've had a sign up on the front door saying 'one customer in the office at a time' since April but it's literally just for show; at times there have been up to 5 other people in there along with me and the old man. And I'm not kidding, it's literally only older white people. I have never seen a Latinx or black person come into the shop without a mask or showing some concern for wearing one. Only old white people seem to refuse to do their part. Don't care if that offends someone, it's true, at least in my experience since March. What the fuck is wrong with these rubes?

My wife said the same thing months ago when she was grocery shopping and seeing only older white men either not wearing a mask, or wearing it incorrectly.  I see it too when I commute on the train, and an older white man will sit down across the car, then slide the mask down below his nose.  Don't you realize we're in an 8-foot wide, enclosed space with each other? 

Dude, there's an older friend of my dad's (I say friend, but he just annoys him more than anything) who constantly comes in here just to bullshit and waste time and expects me to pirate CDs for him which I've never done. He came in like 4 times last week with his mask hanging below his nose, and proceeds to say he's out and about 'cause his sister is back out of the hospital from COVID quarantining at his place. I think I posted about him earlier. Like WTF is wrong with these people!!