Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 435220 times)

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2020, 11:34:11 AM »
Does anyone have any info on where we can meet up with Mother Abigail?

I would've pegged most DTF'rs for more of a Flagg crew.

While I know the Flagg reference, I don't know the Abigail one.

Mother was Flagg's foil... she was an emissary of God.  She was the "Light" and Flagg was the "Dark".

She also enjoyed killing chickens and playing guitar.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2020, 11:36:07 AM »
God, I read The Stand over 30 years ago. I think I only remember Randal Flagg is because of the Anthrax album cover. I don't remember a single other character.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2020, 06:17:13 PM »
Welp. I hope things smooth itself over in about two weeks before I fly to San Francisco, Seattle, and Spokane.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2020, 07:36:08 PM »
Welp. I hope things smooth itself over in about two weeks before I fly to San Francisco, Seattle, and Spokane.

I don't think this will go away any time soon unfortunately.

Heard some experts on these kinds of viruses say that it will probably culminate at the earliest in the summer byt more probably in the autunn.

Having said that I don't think you should worry too much. It is still concentrated in China with very few cases elsewhere.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2020, 07:49:50 AM »
Over 20,000 cases now, and 500-ish fatalities.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2020, 02:29:23 PM »
Over 20,000 cases now, and 500-ish fatalities.

The numbers are rising pretty quickly.  But I'm glad it's still pretty minor in the states.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2020, 09:46:41 AM »
I've been using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgylp3Td1Bw to track the numbers and by-pass having to watch a news report.  Numbers seem to line up with the reports.  Gives UTC update times for Hubei as well.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2020, 09:48:03 AM »
Read that a cruise ship is pulling into NJ today and going to be quarantined for this.  Also a Chinese coworker was in China and is going to be quarantined at the airport on his return, that sounds so miserable

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2020, 09:51:28 AM »
Read that a cruise ship is pulling into NJ today and going to be quarantined for this.  Also a Chinese coworker was in China and is going to be quarantined at the airport on his return, that sounds so miserable

There's a quarantined ship in Japan too. 61 people from the ship are confirmed to have it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/world/asia/coronavirus-japan-cruise-ship.html

Offline pg1067

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2020, 09:54:52 AM »
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2020, 10:49:01 AM »

There's a quarantined ship in Japan too. 61 people from the ship are confirmed to have it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/07/world/asia/coronavirus-japan-cruise-ship.html

That's been all over the news here - 251 Canadians on that ship, I think a few of them confirmed to be contracted.

Also, the Doctor / whistleblower (who was silenced when he first wanted to reveal it) died yesterday.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2020, 10:53:36 AM »
I came across this site which has all the statistics on the virus. Good information.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I hadn’t been too concerned about the virus as the death rate percentage is not high and the fatalities are mostly older or sickly people. But the death of the doctor who identified the virus is somewhat alarming, given that he was only 34 years old.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2020, 12:35:27 PM »
I came across this site which has all the statistics on the virus. Good information.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I hadn’t been too concerned about the virus as the death rate percentage is not high and the fatalities are mostly older or sickly people. But the death of the doctor who identified the virus is somewhat alarming, given that he was only 34 years old.

His death makes me wonder if something else was in play.  China is really trying to keep things tight lipped.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2020, 06:45:44 PM »
I agree, it seems a little too convenient.  But I also know some of the video leaked out of the country showed younger people very sick, so maybe it wasn't government sanctioned murder, but just government lying about the disease.  We also still don't have a whole lot of cases outside of China so it's too soon to tell if their data is right or not.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2020, 12:02:56 PM »
There's warning signs on the entrance doors to the data center I work in (owned and operated by another company, we rent space here) to not come in if you have a fever or have been to China.  I'm pretty sure they put this up because there is definitely a Chinese company that also rents space in this building.  They come by every once in awhile (similar to how I travel to my other data centers globally).  Also the company who runs these data centers sent out global notifications about actively not letting people in with fevers and they are taking extra precautions. 

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »
Well, now there's 40,000 infected and over 900 dead.  The quarantined cruse ship infections have doubled.  Over the past 3 days the death numbers have increased at around 100 a day and I will bet the number of dead with exceed 1000 by the time they post new numbers today.  And China has begun imprisoning sick people and taking them from their homes by force.

There are still relatively few cases outside of China.  I'm not worried yet in the state I live, but I'm certainly beginning to prepare.  My family and I made a 3 month supply list of needs if we have to hunker down in our home for a while.  We will begin making those purchases this week. And these are things/food we normally consume so we won't be wasting our money.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2020, 01:29:51 PM »
There are still relatively few cases outside of China.  I'm not worried yet in the state I live, but I'm certainly beginning to prepare.  My family and I made a 3 month supply list of needs if we have to hunker down in our home for a while.  We will begin making those purchases this week. And these are things/food we normally consume so we won't be wasting our money.
You should do whatever feels good but isn't that overreacting a little bit? I live in a city where there are some cases and most people seem not to be so worried...
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2020, 02:11:25 PM »
Well, now there's 40,000 infected and over 900 dead.  The quarantined cruse ship infections have doubled.  Over the past 3 days the death numbers have increased at around 100 a day and I will bet the number of dead with exceed 1000 by the time they post new numbers today.  And China has begun imprisoning sick people and taking them from their homes by force.

I've watched some videos of that. Its terrifying

I'm starting to prepare too. Canned foods, bottled water and multi vitamins.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2020, 02:13:33 PM »
I'm preparing too. Lining my lawn with land mines, stocking up on guns/ammo/knives/cross bows, etc.

If this thing turns people into zombies, I WILL be prepared.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2020, 02:15:06 PM »
I've seen Shaun of the Dead. I'm ready.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Adami

« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »
I might just fly Gmillerdrake over. I feel like he's the guy to go to in a zombie scenario.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2020, 02:29:05 PM »
I might just fly Gmillerdrake over. I feel like he's the guy to go to in a zombie scenario.

Well, I guess I should work on my DTF zombie apocalypse survivor bracket tonight.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Adami

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2020, 02:32:51 PM »

Well, I guess I should work on my DTF zombie apocalypse survivor bracket tonight.

I mean, you can come too, but if things get nuts, I'm hiding behind him.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2020, 03:21:48 PM »
I won't survive long and not sure I even want to in a zombie scenario.... unless it's like Dawn of the Dead where I can just chill in a mall while everything else goes to shit.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2020, 03:31:43 PM »
I couldn't survive in an apocalyptic scenario on my own, but I definitely have a number of skill sets that would render me very useful. I think with a core group of 4 or 5 people, I'd be alright.   

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
I have a +7 to Hermiting, so, I'm very likely to survive on my own. All I need is a gun and a can opener.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2020, 03:58:03 PM »
You should do whatever feels good but isn't that overreacting a little bit? I live in a city where there are some cases and most people seem not to be so worried...

I think you're right, there probably won't be anything to worry about here in the US. However, the time to prepare isn't when it hits the fan but before, while things are calm and stores aren't being raided.  If you're prepared you shall not fear, as they say.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2020, 04:07:46 PM »
And I was right, death toll has surpassed 1000 according to CNBC.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2020, 06:29:08 PM »
I couldn't survive in an apocalyptic scenario on my own, but I definitely have a number of skill sets that would render me very useful. I think with a core group of 4 or 5 people, I'd be alright.

I'm in this group, I'd like to think my vast culinary skills would be very useful in an apocalyptic environment. The art of smoking /curing meats and fish would be crucial if power grids go down permanently. I have more than enough close gun nut friends that having a posse so to speak would be fairly easy.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2020, 06:44:05 PM »

I'm in this group, I'd like to think my vast culinary skills would be very useful in an apocalyptic environment. The art of smoking /curing meats and fish would be crucial if power grids go down permanently. I have more than enough close gun nut friends that having a posse so to speak would be fairly easy.

Til the cannibals capture you and make you their slavecook.

Online Adami

« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »
Honestly, if the cannibals capture you? Personal chef is a fantastic position to be in.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2020, 07:00:00 PM »
Honestly, if the cannibals capture you? Personal chef is a fantastic position to be in.

It's a pretty good background for an RPG character. But fantastic? No way, at least not before you're brainwashed into loving the smell and taste of man bourguignon. Talk about scarring.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2020, 07:01:07 PM »

Right? I even know which cuts of human are the best for steaks and which should be used more for braising purposes...

Online Adami

« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2020, 07:01:58 PM »
Fantastic IF CAPTURED BY CANNIBALS. Not fantastic in and of itself. But what other positions are there?

1. Eat humans.
2. Be eaten
3. Cook humans

Seems like 3 is the least horrifying one.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2020, 07:05:59 PM »
You say that like you wouldn't also be eating the humans! You just get to do work on top of it, and you can't quit working, else they'll eat you, too. Nah man. What you do is poison their portions, it's obvious. Then you win.

RJ... that's a little scary.  :lol