Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 434991 times)

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8925 on: May 21, 2021, 02:10:31 PM »
This is general discussion. Don't make me tap the sign chaps. ;)
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8926 on: May 21, 2021, 02:15:52 PM »

Haha, all good. Pointless discussion anyway.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #8927 on: May 21, 2021, 02:18:13 PM »
California to fully open June 15th, according to Gov. Batman. (if you ever hear him talk you'd know why he's referred as that lol)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #8928 on: May 21, 2021, 02:23:17 PM »

Respecting XJ and the topic of the thread, for anyone that cares there are about five or six links I've posted in the Media thread in P/R over the years that refutes that one source, and the corresponding opinion.  We're all, of course, entitled to our opinions and our biases, but they should be taken as such.  If anyone can't find those links, I'll try (again) to collect them and repost them.

(Hint:  don't confuse Sean Hannity - opinion-tainment, not news - with the NEWS arm of Fox News, like that source does. There are also differences between the on-air and on-line versions of both outlets.)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #8929 on: May 21, 2021, 02:55:37 PM »

Respecting XJ and the topic of the thread, for anyone that cares there are about five or six links I've posted in the Media thread in P/R over the years that refutes that one source, and the corresponding opinion.  We're all, of course, entitled to our opinions and our biases, but they should be taken as such.  If anyone can't find those links, I'll try (again) to collect them and repost them.

(Hint:  don't confuse Sean Hannity - opinion-tainment, not news - with the NEWS arm of Fox News, like that source does. There are also differences between the on-air and on-line versions of both outlets.)

Or Don Lemon.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #8930 on: May 21, 2021, 10:06:51 PM »
I'm so tired of the stupidity and criticism of these vaccines.  Take them, don't take them, whatever.  But stop trying to discredit them somehow.  A whole bunch of people with MD's and PhD's created them and they know a hell of a lot more than someone that takes medical advice from Jenny McCarthy.

It's really sad when my kids' pediatrician's office has to put this infographic out and debunk a bunch of stuff to try and tell parents that it's safe and tested and effective.  And it's honestly good advice for adults to read this as well.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #8931 on: May 21, 2021, 10:29:16 PM »
That also says they do not know the long term effects of the mRNA Covid-19 Vaccines....However....They do not expect long term side effects. But also, it doesn't mean they won't happen, unexpected things have happened in life before. This is all based on their CURRENT knowledge of mRNA and the Human Body. This knowledge can definitely change as time passes and they actually know for sure, if there are no long term effects.

That is why some people still do not want to take it. Because we DO NOT know, FOR SURE, if these vaccines DO NOT cause long term side effects. And we will not know until more time passes. That's the experimental part of this. Because Life has thrown many unexpected things at us.

The CDC says those whom are vaccinated won't have a severe case of Covid-19, meaning if they catch it, their symptoms will more than likely be asymptomatic symptoms, and don't need to mask up, yet those people still do. It's nothing to do with science, and more to do with fear and the need and desire for safety. If you got the vaccine you should be fine, even those who were/are susceptible to this virus, whom were the ones who should have gotten the vaccine.

How we DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE these vaccines don't cause long term side effects isn't a criticism. It's a rightful concern, because that infographic says exactly this, "we do not know".

Eric Clapton has been vocal about how he had some nerve issues after taking the vaccine, enough for him to be concerned enough about it to where he thought he wouldn't be able to play anymore. My friend, had problems with her eye twitching and sudden nerve pain, those went away, but she still has some twitches and some pains still.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 10:55:17 PM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #8932 on: May 22, 2021, 01:25:07 AM »
Clapton has been talking anti mask/lockdown stuff for months, Often promoting dumb YouTube videos.  Now he claims he had a 6 week negative reaction to the vaccine (of which he never reported at the time).  So basically we have his word for it (a man with a history or racism and abusing his wife might I add) and he clearly has an agenda....

My friend took the vaccine and she now has the uncanny ability to predict things.  Yesterday I turned over a pack of cards and she correctly got 31 ouuta 54 correct!!  Oddly she got nearly all the red suits correct, and barely any of the black.

My Dad told me since the second Vaccine my Mum now speaks fluent German in her sleep, and also hovers slightly above the bed when this happens.

There is a lady down the road from us who owns 3 cats, after she came home from getting the second Vaccine she fussed them all and next morning all 3 were pregnant....even the male one!!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 01:51:47 AM by soupytwist »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8933 on: May 22, 2021, 04:58:18 AM »
I'm so tired of the stupidity and criticism of these vaccines.  Take them, don't take them, whatever.  But stop trying to discredit them somehow.  A whole bunch of people with MD's and PhD's created them and they know a hell of a lot more than someone that takes medical advice from Jenny McCarthy.

Or Eric Clapton apparently.

Only two things in life are certain... death and taxes.  This whole "we don't know" argument is absolute BS (imo) too.  We don't know what we don't know.  Get over it.  Let's address what we DO know - and that's vaccines are reducing illness and death in a multitude of scenarios.  Conversely, lack of vaccines is rapidly increasing illness and death in others (India, Brazil, and until we got our vaccine supply and distribution under control, Canada).  Every argument against vaccines is purely opinion and anecdotal.  There are equal amounts of opinions and anecdotal data points *for* vaccines, coupled with actual scientific research, proof and evidence.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #8934 on: May 22, 2021, 07:39:13 AM »
Clapton has been talking anti mask/lockdown stuff for months, Often promoting dumb YouTube videos.  Now he claims he had a 6 week negative reaction to the vaccine (of which he never reported at the time).  So basically we have his word for it (a man with a history or racism and abusing his wife might I add) and he clearly has an agenda....

My friend took the vaccine and she now has the uncanny ability to predict things.  Yesterday I turned over a pack of cards and she correctly got 31 ouuta 54 correct!!  Oddly she got nearly all the red suits correct, and barely any of the black.

My Dad told me since the second Vaccine my Mum now speaks fluent German in her sleep, and also hovers slightly above the bed when this happens.

There is a lady down the road from us who owns 3 cats, after she came home from getting the second Vaccine she fussed them all and next morning all 3 were pregnant....even the male one!!!
^^^^^^^^^^
 :lol - I got a kick out of that.

All I have to say about the "we don't know" argument is - DUH! But we DO have an abundance of information with new data coming in everyday. It's important to know that there is no COVID in the vaccine and it teaches your body how to fight the disease and then it leaves your body. It's highly unlikely there will be long term effects from the vaccine but we will know more as time passes.

BTW - I just want to ask these people that question the speed of which the vaccine was made or any other criticism, 'since when did you become an expert'?

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #8935 on: May 22, 2021, 08:30:52 AM »

Only two things in life are certain... death and taxes.  This whole "we don't know" argument is absolute BS (imo) too.  We don't know what we don't know.  Get over it.  Let's address what we DO know - and that's vaccines are reducing illness and death in a multitude of scenarios.  Conversely, lack of vaccines is rapidly increasing illness and death in others (India, Brazil, and until we got our vaccine supply and distribution under control, Canada).  Every argument against vaccines is purely opinion and anecdotal.  There are equal amounts of opinions and anecdotal data points *for* vaccines, coupled with actual scientific research, proof and evidence.

And vaccinated people are masking up and ignoring that scientific data. Am I calling them stupid, and making fun. No.

I am pointing out that not everyone who isn't taking the vaccine is stupid.

What this is, is trust and taking their word for it. You can choose to believe them or not. That's your decision. You can choose to believe all the people telling you about what exactly happened to them. Are they easily dismissed because they are talking about what happened to them? Apparently so.

But, also...vaccinated people have a higher rate of matching up on Cupid.com...and now you can filter the vaccinated from the non-vaccinated, but filtering by race is bad.  :lol

How's that for information and data.  :biggrin:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #8936 on: May 22, 2021, 08:32:26 AM »
Yeah, it says they don't know the long term side effects, but then goes to list in very simple layman's terms all the reasons why they are certain there won't be any. If they actually went into the exact reasons in clinical terms, our dipshit unscientific minds wouldn't be able to understand it (except for maybe the few PHD's in the mix here). I mean, I have a smidgen of science from a very good Uni, so I can kinda grasp the concepts laid out, and see how the product is safe, but the constant speculation of why shit won't work and doubting science (when the scientific process is designed to constantly doubt itself anyways) helps fucking nobody, especially the large majority of Americans whose scientific background leads them to want food with DNA to be labeled... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/01/17/over-80-percent-of-americans-support-mandatory-labels-on-foods-containing-dna/

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #8937 on: May 22, 2021, 08:56:40 AM »
Yeah, it says they don't know the long term side effects, but then goes to list in very simple layman's terms all the reasons why they are certain there won't be any. If they actually went into the exact reasons in clinical terms, our dipshit unscientific minds wouldn't be able to understand it (except for maybe the few PHD's in the mix here). I mean, I have a smidgen of science from a very good Uni, so I can kinda grasp the concepts laid out, and see how the product is safe, but the constant speculation of why shit won't work and doubting science (when the scientific process is designed to constantly doubt itself anyways) helps fucking nobody, especially the large majority of Americans whose scientific background leads them to want food with DNA to be labeled... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/01/17/over-80-percent-of-americans-support-mandatory-labels-on-foods-containing-dna/

I can't read that because it's behind a paywall.

So your calling the average layman person stupid and too dumb to actually comprehend and understand scientific lingo. And they are therefore lower class of people, whom can't think for themselves and need the scientific and smart minds to think for them. Because that's what it sounds like to me. 

People are not stupid. And not everyone I consider stupid. Every person has the ability to learn and understand even the most complicated of things.

Science, is just a way for us humans to better understand The World we live in. What makes dirt, dirt, and what makes us humans, these DNA and organisms that collectively make up our entire universe. It's not 100% fact. It's the information that is factual at that current time in life. But people make it out to be, and dismiss everything else as false and fake.

Ancient Civilizations had knowledge big Science and even Knowledge that people of today can't comprehend or send to understand. This is knowledge that for some reason was forgotten. We were once that connected to the Earth that we knew these things already.

Science, is starting to prove these things. Like how we react to the energy's produced by the sun, which are your solar flares and radiation. The Earths magnetic poles are not where we once thought they were. They shifted and moved. This has happened before, only the poles shifted and are now shifting back to the opposite ends. This current world we live in has magnetic poles that are switched. This is just the planet changing and evolving. Not anything to do with us humans.

People want DNA to be labelled because everything we eat does have DNA in it. These DNA molecules and genes affect our bodies in many different ways and some of those DNAs are beneficial for us and some are not. It's better to be informed than ignorant right?

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/mandatory-labels-on-foods-containing-dna-80-of-americans-support-that-011915.html

This article mentions that people whom are ignorant and gullible, are susceptible to being played and joked with for their ignorance. It goes on to say how You can easily do this by taking advantage of peoples ignorance of Scientific Terms, by making them sound bad, when it's a necessity for life. It's mind manipulation at it's finest. And it's the Smart taking advantage and preying on the ignorant "stupid" people.

And this all trickles down to our fabulous education system, because these dipshit unscientific minds are the product of Americas education factory.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #8938 on: May 22, 2021, 11:19:45 AM »

And this all trickles down to our fabulous education system, because these dipshit unscientific minds are the product of Americas education factory.

Exactly my point.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8939 on: May 22, 2021, 11:35:09 AM »

Exactly my point.

And the American education system is a product of American values.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #8940 on: May 22, 2021, 11:47:15 AM »

Exactly my point.

And the American education system is a product of American values.

No argument here.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8941 on: May 22, 2021, 03:45:08 PM »

It's really sad when my kids' pediatrician's office has to put this infographic out and debunk a bunch of stuff to try and tell parents that it's safe and tested and effective.  And it's honestly good advice for adults to read this as well.

She's still pretty freakin' hot, though. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8942 on: May 22, 2021, 04:21:02 PM »

But, while I agree about the arguments, at the end of the day, we're all allowed to make our own determination what goes into our body.   People drink urine because they think it has a health effect.  Other people don't eat meat because they think all in, they are healthier for not doing so.   I don't agree with either of those, and scientific research, proof and evidence tends to support me, but I don't have a say in ANY of it as regards OTHER people.

Oh, and I'll welcome your support in the other threads when I give scientific research, proof and evidence as to the better approaches to some of the other problems facing our society - like guns, media bias and racism - and people aren't interested in hearing about it.  ;) :) :) :) :) :)   (I'm poking at you, in a friendly way.)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8943 on: May 22, 2021, 05:57:43 PM »
It's official..one more week of having to wear my mask at work!! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8944 on: May 22, 2021, 06:14:26 PM »
Nice! We got to stop wearing them a week ago, and it felt weird at first.  I had gotten to used so wearing it around the office that for the first few days every time I got up to the men's room, printer or kitchen, I looked to the spot on my desk where I always kept the mask, didn't see it there, and was like, "Oh yeah, things are normal again."  For a while anyway...

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #8945 on: May 22, 2021, 06:38:41 PM »
Yeah, pretty much all the local businesses around me have dropped them as a requirement and hopefully my work will be doing so soon as well.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #8946 on: May 23, 2021, 01:30:51 AM »
Interesting bout masks at work.  You guys all US?
Here in the UK where we have had a great vaccination program, and the new cases/people in hospital/deaths has fallen to the point of barely significant - masks in the work place are still required.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8947 on: May 23, 2021, 04:30:27 AM »
Interesting bout masks at work.  You guys all US?
Here in the UK where we have had a great vaccination program, and the new cases/people in hospital/deaths has fallen to the point of barely significant - masks in the work place are still required.

And here in Canada, we're still in a stay-at-home order until June 2 (at least here in Ontario), and then restrictions will be easing slowly in phased / 3-week increments.   If only the government had done this in early Feb with the B117 variant was first observed and taking hold, instead of waiting until mid-April when it was raging across the province, and choking hospitals and ICUs.  We'd be coming out of it NOW, now that over 50% of the population has at least a 1st dose.

:| :sad:

Oh, and I'll welcome your support in the other threads when I give scientific research, proof and evidence as to the better approaches to some of the other problems facing our society - like guns, media bias and racism - and people aren't interested in hearing about it.  ;) :) :) :) :) :)   (I'm poking at you, in a friendly way.)

Sorry mang... I'm slowly weaning myself off of P/R.   ;)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8948 on: May 23, 2021, 08:36:58 AM »
It's not definite yet, but I may have my first official sanctioned work travel next week; I may call in (for non-COVID reasons) but it's interesting to have to re-incorporate that back into the process again.

I went to get emissions done yesterday morning, and wore my mask into the waiting room and was the only one that had one on (fair play: the people behind the counter were behind plexiglass).   The only employee I saw with a mask was the dude that was actually doing the emissions testing (he looked about 14 years old, too.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 07:06:56 AM by Stadler »

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #8949 on: May 23, 2021, 12:15:43 PM »
"The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices in a statement dated May 17 said it had looked into reports that a few young vaccine recipients, predominantly adolescents and young adults, and predominantly male, developed myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle.

The condition often goes away without complications and can be caused by a variety of viruses, the CDC group said.

CDC monitoring systems had not found more cases than would be expected in the population, but members of the committee on vaccinations felt that healthcare providers should be made aware of the reports of the "potential adverse event," the committee said in the statement.

It did not say how many people had been affected and recommended further investigation.

Dr. Amesh Adalja, senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, said vaccines are known to cause myocarditis and would be important to monitor to see if it is causally related to the vaccine. It is important to look at the risk-benefit ratio, he added. "Vaccines are going to unequivocally be much more beneficial outweighing this very low, if conclusively established, risk."

The CDC said the cases typically occurred within four days after receiving the mRNA vaccines. It did not specify which vaccines. The United States has given emergency authorization to two mRNA vaccines, from Moderna Inc and Pfizer/BioNTech. "

https://www.aol.com/news/u-cdc-investigating-heart-problem-223859573-124152650.html

Offline Harmony

« Reply #8950 on: May 23, 2021, 03:06:30 PM »
I listened to an interesting podcast today and I thought maybe some of us might want to engage in a little 'counter factual' exercise that the host and guest on the podcast discussed.  "What might have happened if?"  Could be fun/interesting.  I am removing 2 of the questions because it would be too tempting to get mired down in politics and then it would move the discussion to another section of the board so please - let's work to avoid that and give the mods a bit of a break.

1.  How would the Covid response have been/be different if there were no social media?

2.  How would the Covid response have been/be different if there had been no technology like Zoom, Uber Eats, Amazon.  No online work meeting platforms, no delivery services, no grocery/liquor/weed store pick up.

3.  How would the Covid response have been/be different if North America had been more aware/concerned about Covid-19 in December 2019?
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8951 on: May 23, 2021, 03:09:32 PM »
"aware" and "concerned" are two largely different words. Aware means knowing about it, and concerned, to me, means, well, being concerned about it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #8952 on: May 23, 2021, 03:28:36 PM »
1. Vastly different. As more people would rely on the TV media, and the Newspapers (which the rise of social media caused it to decline), and whatever information they told to the people. The shaming or pushing would be more public, or it could be people just minding their own business more as people won't find reason to take a picture and gloat. It'd be closer to how it was during the Spanish Flu with regards to media and information the people received.

2. More people would've likely homeschooled their children as the schools are closed. The turmoil of businesses would've hit harder, and many businesses would've closed down. But this plays along with the information the people received about Covid.

3. I do think it was here already. It wasn't until there were tests specifically for Covid-19, that we knew it was here. One thing would've been to see if there was anything to this "unknown flu" people were reporting to have as well. Like if we were to have tested them, including antibody tests, if those were focused on. I think knowing about Antibodies and if people  that did have it based on reported symptoms from the diagnosed as "Unknown Flu" illnesses that people experienced, would've helped in the numbers area, and determination that it's here and was here already. Even before it was known to be Covid-19.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8953 on: May 23, 2021, 06:36:03 PM »
Went to the Chelsea piers park, had fun with friends without a mask. First normal interaction since March 2020.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8954 on: May 23, 2021, 06:49:50 PM »
I need to think about Harmony's post and revisit it, but something has been gnawing at me this weekend.

My FiL, whom I highly respect and consider wise and thoughtful, if a little judgmental, said he thought [paraphrasing] half of the people who died in the US due to Covid "broke the rules." I know he "broke the rules" regularly, so I am not sure what he was driving at. Did he consider he "broke the rules" to a lesser degree, and thus was never at any significant risk (despite being in ill health himself)? If breaking the rules is not binary but a continuum, at what point are we chastising those who did not meet our standards of rule adherence?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline darkshade

« Reply #8955 on: May 23, 2021, 06:52:07 PM »
3 words ended mask mandates.

"Gain of Function"

It's a shame this thing was so politicized. If there were a unified front on this when it first came about we'd have reached this point quite some time ago. Once it was politicized and the media realized how much $$$ they could make off of fear mongering.....it snowballed.

The media realized that a long time ago.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8956 on: May 23, 2021, 07:07:48 PM »
My FiL, whom I highly respect and consider wise and thoughtful, if a little judgmental, said he thought [paraphrasing] half of the people who died in the US due to Covid "broke the rules." I know he "broke the rules" regularly, so I am not sure what he was driving at. Did he consider he "broke the rules" to a lesser degree, and thus was never at any significant risk (despite being in ill health himself)? If breaking the rules is not binary but a continuum, at what point are we chastising those who did not meet our standards of rule adherence?

Half the people that died did not die from breaking the rules. I'd be willing to bet that number is closer to 1-3%.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #8957 on: May 24, 2021, 05:57:19 AM »
Now that we are going out more, kid is in daycare, and so on, I'm discovering that my immune system is just totally rocked. I've had runny nose, itchy throat, coughing, and so on, for like a month now. I guess that's not too much different than it was before all of this and it is allergy season as well but I can't help but feel like I've gotten a rude awakening.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #8958 on: May 24, 2021, 06:15:01 AM »
Now that we are going out more, kid is in daycare, and so on, I'm discovering that my immune system is just totally rocked. I've had runny nose, itchy throat, coughing, and so on, for like a month now. I guess that's not too much different than it was before all of this and it is allergy season as well but I can't help but feel like I've gotten a rude awakening.

My allergies have been awful this spring - the pollenating season was later than usual.  But that is correct - my household went without even a cold for a full year.   The my daughter brought 2-3 colds home from school in a month after the school went back to full, in-person learning for 5 days a week and parents were back to shuffling their sniffling kids off to school.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8959 on: May 24, 2021, 06:50:16 AM »
"The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices in a statement dated May 17 said it had looked into reports that a few young vaccine recipients, predominantly adolescents and young adults, and predominantly male, developed myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle.

The condition often goes away without complications and can be caused by a variety of viruses, the CDC group said.

CDC monitoring systems had not found more cases than would be expected in the population, but members of the committee on vaccinations felt that healthcare providers should be made aware of the reports of the "potential adverse event," the committee said in the statement.

It did not say how many people had been affected and recommended further investigation.

Dr. Amesh Adalja, senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, said vaccines are known to cause myocarditis and would be important to monitor to see if it is causally related to the vaccine. It is important to look at the risk-benefit ratio, he added. "Vaccines are going to unequivocally be much more beneficial outweighing this very low, if conclusively established, risk."

The CDC said the cases typically occurred within four days after receiving the mRNA vaccines. It did not specify which vaccines. The United States has given emergency authorization to two mRNA vaccines, from Moderna Inc and Pfizer/BioNTech. "

https://www.aol.com/news/u-cdc-investigating-heart-problem-223859573-124152650.html

This kind of goes along with the bloodclots IMO.  Myocarditis is also a side effect of covid.  It's the reason why Big10 football wasn't going to play because the heart problem could be very bad for a football player.  As the article points out, the cases are about the average of the general population, similar to blood clots.  It's certainly not a good thing, but I don't really find this concerning.  Luckily it also heals itself.