Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 435202 times)

Offline emtee

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #5110 on: August 23, 2020, 03:05:19 PM »
Apparently it's  related to plasma treatments. Not sure if it is for seniors only.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5111 on: August 23, 2020, 03:11:17 PM »
Plasma treatments work but you have to find someone with your exact blood type, and also it's not that you can mass produce it. Plasma is a cool little help in the selected cases where it actually can be used - it will never be a worldwide mass cure.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5112 on: August 23, 2020, 06:49:06 PM »
Seems to be pretty much what I was reading. This isn't ready. FDA actually hit the brakes like a week ago and then Trump started attacking.

https://apnews.com/3296040fb1225ee7fa465d7baa5057da

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline emtee

« Reply #5113 on: August 24, 2020, 09:52:24 AM »
https://www.fox35orlando.com/

The positive trend continues in FL. I'm extremely encouraged and hoping this continues. It's been a long, exhausting haul working at the hospital.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5114 on: August 24, 2020, 01:20:05 PM »
Man horrible news today i got an warning for the coronavirus thread,saying something horrible offensive that quite the opposite of what the mainstream media narrative is here of people who refuse to think for themselves.Whow!! I thought progressive people where well........ "progressive"in their thinking as well but it's rather narrow minded.
You think the government suddenly trying to safe you and your health?? While in other years they filled you with garbage food so you could become fat fucks ?And create al kinds of diseases Let's face it garbage is cheaper than healthy food.Anywho before i step on your sensitive tippi toes because you're to scared to think for yourself.
What to think about those smoke and mirrors for the elite pedophiles,could that be an option for the covid story or do you think that's not real ?
Did you know that at the nurembergtrial after WW2  18 people where convicted?Guess where the other scientist docters etc went to ???What did dr.Mengele do? What do you think vaccins are? It's modern witchery a bit of mercury a bit of formaldehyde a bit of fetal cells you name it if it doesn't kill you rightaway it will kil you later.But maybe it runs just in your family right?
Astrology is evil to religious christian fanatics ,so the mayans (who by the way also mentioned these times) where evil too.

oh and we had other terrible news as well in the region fifteen out of ten people tested positive for covid the otherday while 22 died.Unbelievable (joke)

So i'll let myself out.I can't be bothered by so much blindness Thank you very much /de nada /don't care
I ain''t even mad.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5115 on: August 24, 2020, 03:48:58 PM »
Jeez!  You could throw that post in a blender and it would come out looking exactly the same.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #5116 on: August 24, 2020, 05:08:50 PM »
That post reads like it is written by an a.i. of which the training set is a database of deleted facebook pages.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #5117 on: August 24, 2020, 05:14:22 PM »
That post reads like it is written by an a.i. of which the training set is a database of deleted facebook pages.

That's not honestly the worst of the nonsense-jumbo thing I've seen in my years of reading forums.  Just take a look at this OP post from another forum I frequent.  Here's the intro.  Alone.......

Practical Explanation ( For Example ) :- `1st of all can you tell me every single seconds detail from that time when you born ?? ( i need every seconds detail ?? that what- what you have thought and done on every single second )

can you tell me every single detail of your `1 cheapest Minute Or your whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life ??

if you are not able to tell me about this life then what proof do you have that you didn't forget your past ? and that you will not forget this present life in the future ?

that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.
there is also next life. and i already proved you that no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth. cuz they are imagining. and you cannot imagine what is god, who is god, what is after life etc.

http://thealterbridgenation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3160

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5118 on: August 24, 2020, 05:20:09 PM »
I can deal with the rantings and ravings, but it's the lack of proper grammar and punctuation that really bugs me.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5119 on: August 24, 2020, 05:21:11 PM »

:rollin :rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5120 on: August 24, 2020, 06:17:54 PM »
 :lol

Speaking of funny, my bro shared this to me on Facebook, I'll share it here for Tim's sake....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-eFRcTpWls

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5121 on: August 24, 2020, 06:20:41 PM »
:lol

Speaking of funny, my bro shared this to me on Facebook, I'll share it here for Tim's sake....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-eFRcTpWls

That is awesome!!  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5122 on: August 24, 2020, 07:42:35 PM »
It's like showing something on your cellphone to your grandpa.   Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5123 on: August 24, 2020, 07:47:27 PM »

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #5124 on: August 24, 2020, 08:08:05 PM »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5125 on: August 25, 2020, 04:49:09 AM »

This is amazing :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5126 on: August 25, 2020, 05:07:12 AM »
566 cases at the University of Alabama. FREEDOM!!!!!!  :metal
It's a shame that there weren't professionals of some kind that could have warned our nation's leaders that this was a probable scenario.

Also, these were some students from of the University of Michigan over the weekend.

Fucking idiots.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5127 on: August 25, 2020, 06:22:49 AM »
In Italy instead the contagions are coming from discos and dance clubs, with young people being infected.

Eventually the government forced all dance clubs to shut down, to the wrath of businessmen and especially a famous one, Flavio Briatore (you might have heard of him for dating Naomi Campbell or for being involved with the Benetton F1 team when Michaeel Schumacher was becoming a rising star), who whined and ranted about the closing declaring that dance clubs were scapegoats and so the young people, that there was no need to shut them down, the major of the town where his dance club is is a moron, blah blah blah.

I know you'll see where this is going, but.... 52 people working in his dance club got infected, and he himself got hospitalized in serious (but not critical) conditions.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5128 on: August 25, 2020, 06:28:16 AM »

Also, these were some students from of the University of Michigan over the weekend.

Fucking idiots.

Well, it doesn't look overly crowed, and seems the be centered outside. Even the windows are all wide open.

I have a hard time calling kids fucking idiots.

Now that sign...that is fucking idiotic.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5129 on: August 25, 2020, 07:11:29 AM »
^^^  See I'm with you on all counts.  They ARE doing what has been recommended by some authorities; outside, distance.

And where there's a will there's a way; if you're really wanting to eat ass, a mask ought not stop you. 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5130 on: August 25, 2020, 07:13:38 AM »
They’re outside but the only distance is between the guy and another group of girls. Everyone else is within a foot or two of each other. That’s not distancing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5131 on: August 25, 2020, 07:15:27 AM »
Question...

Would Ace Ventura, Pet Detectve have to wear a mask over his ass?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #5132 on: August 25, 2020, 07:21:01 AM »
What's been recommended is to wear a mask, stay six feet away from each other, or, even better, stay away from other people entirely if it's possible. I don't see how they're following any of these recommendations.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5133 on: August 25, 2020, 07:33:06 AM »
What's been recommended is to wear a mask, stay six feet away from each other, or, even better, stay away from other people entirely if it's possible. I don't see how they're following any of these recommendations.

Can't really argue that to the letter.

These are college kids, and for a Sorority House, they seem like they are being quite reasonable considering.

Not directing this at you, Ninja...

Life goes on, and people have to try and make the best of it. I'm not at all outraged looking at THIS picture. THIS picture actually makes me hopeful for kids.

Online Adami

« Reply #5134 on: August 25, 2020, 07:45:07 AM »

These are college kids, and for a Sorority House, they seem like they are being quite reasonable considering.

Life goes on, and people have to try and make the best of it. I'm not at all outraged looking at THIS picture. THIS picture actually makes me hopeful for kids.

I admire your optimism. But even though it’s not super crowded, they’re still completely ignoring all suggestions and literally putting up anti mask signs.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5135 on: August 25, 2020, 07:52:38 AM »
Well, school is off to a rough start. Very little direction and 2 days in a row my son can't get into a live stream of his first class of the day and the school marks him absent. Yesterday he sits in a waiting room with 6 other students for nearly 40 minutes all thinking it is their class only to realize it is their lunch period.

He is frustrated and angry. Everything we expected this to be so far.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5136 on: August 25, 2020, 08:00:01 AM »
Well going back to college in general is mostly ignoring the social distancing already (at least in terms of these big state schools, Alabama/Michigan).  You had to expect the kids to do things like this, so it doesn't bother me.  It's expected in my mind when you open up the campus.

And honestly, I've got to imagine, there's FAR worse examples than a few people chilling outside.  I'd be more concerned with the 50 people partying in the basement which if the campus is still open come the colder weather, I can only expect that's what the kids will do.

Also, I love the sign.  That reminds me so much of college life. 

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5137 on: August 25, 2020, 08:04:08 AM »

Fucking idiots.

Well, it doesn't look overly crowed, and seems the be centered outside. Even the windows are all wide open.

I have a hard time calling kids fucking idiots.

Now that sign...that is fucking idiotic.

Years ago a wise mang once told me, "Kids iz dumb".
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5138 on: August 25, 2020, 08:30:06 AM »
Man horrible news today i got an warning for the coronavirus thread,saying something horrible offensive that quite the opposite of what the mainstream media narrative is here of people who refuse to think for themselves.

Wrong.  You didn't get a warning for saying the opposite of what the mainstream media narrative is.  You got warned for saying it like a jerk, and for baiting and insulting others here.  Big difference.  Believe what you like.  And feel free to speak up about it, whether it is popular or not.  But say it respectfully, or you will not be allowed to say it here.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5139 on: August 25, 2020, 11:21:45 AM »

I admire your optimism. But even though it’s not super crowded, they’re still completely ignoring all suggestions and literally putting up anti mask signs.

Maybe that shows something about me that I'm not in tune with, but I'm not sure that is strictly an "anti-mask" sign.   I think there's probably at least some level of "stupid frat boy/girl joke" to it.   I remember going to Uconn Basketball games against Villanova, and the 'Nova cheerleaders would invariably run around with a sign with a big blue and white "V" on it.  For a couple of years there, there was a kid/group of kids that would wait for their moment, then run after them with their own big blue and white sign "agina".   Misogynist?  Bigoted? Nah; just stupid and silly.  And made the moreso the one year that the girl carrying the sign turned and bopped the kid in the head with her sign.  It just was what it was, no hidden meanings or agendas. 

Online Adami

« Reply #5140 on: August 25, 2020, 11:24:56 AM »
It’s an anti mask sign.

Excuse it all you want. There’s humor in it for sure, and it’s not “if you wear a mask we’ll kill you” but it’s an anti mask sign nonetheless.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5141 on: August 25, 2020, 11:34:39 AM »
No "excuses"; I don't know what they meant.  I'm just saying, there are often more than one way to take these things.  One could, after all, view it as a pro eating ass sign.   

Online Adami

« Reply #5142 on: August 25, 2020, 11:37:35 AM »
No "excuses"; I don't know what they meant.  I'm just saying, there are often more than one way to take these things.  One could, after all, view it as a pro eating ass sign.

It's also an anti-mask sign. I'm not implying any political meaning behind it. I have no idea where the sentiment would have come from. But it's an anti-mask sign nonetheless. No secondary meanings undo that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5143 on: August 25, 2020, 11:40:53 AM »
If you ever seen any of these similar signs at frat houses, I think you would just take it as a joke and not extrapolate real thought to it.  Sure it's "anti-mask" and "pro eating ass" but taking it further than just a stupid college joke is really going too far.  Criticize the people for not following social distancing, but the sign is pure stupidity at it's finest for college students.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5144 on: August 25, 2020, 11:42:24 AM »
Can't it be anti mask and pro eating ass? :lol