Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 434762 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #5005 on: August 11, 2020, 02:09:00 PM »
Big Ten conference officially nixed football and all fall sports. Ugh! College football is done this year. Probably NFL too.

College Football is/was in a no-win situation.  No fans in the stands, what are they playing for?  TV revenue ... that's the fastest way to legitimize players forming a union.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline emtee

« Reply #5006 on: August 11, 2020, 02:22:03 PM »
I agree. It just sucks. I love college football. They did the right thing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5007 on: August 11, 2020, 02:28:37 PM »
Yea, the college football cancellation is pretty much expected but sucks for a big fan like myself.  It makes sense and of course was always about the money.  I think, like school openings, there's some good reason to go ahead with it but plenty of reason not to so you take the safety approach, we are dealing with kids here. 

I don't think college football cancelling has much impact on NFL though, that's a totally different animal.  If baseball is going to keep going, the NFL will go as well IMO.  At least those are paid professionals so I don't feel for them the way I feel for a college athlete if that makes sense.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5008 on: August 11, 2020, 02:56:38 PM »
The argument for Football (NFL) is the distance between the players when in formation. I wonder if it's the same for Rugby.

Baseball, isn't really much physical person to person contact, so it's fine.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5009 on: August 11, 2020, 03:02:43 PM »
The argument for Football (NFL) is the distance between the players when in formation. I wonder if it's the same for Rugby.

I don't think it's either of those.  Take NBA for example, thats body on body without the pads.  But the NBA put everyone involved in a bubble to prevent COVID from getting in and so far it's been successful.  Doing that for football is really difficult because of how many people are involved.  MLB also didn't do a bubble, and so far we've seen outbreaks on teams and games being cancelled.  The NFL, like the other major leagues will do constant testing.  I don't think colleges have the ability to set up a bubble nor to do so much testing (they already were testing, I know PSU had not had any positive tests since they returned to campus, but people showed up positive and were isolated just like in the major leagues).  I think that's actually a reason to play the season according to some of the student athletes.  They feel its safer to be with the team who is tested and will be close quarters together so you know they won't be off on their own.  Sending them home, means they'll likely disobey the social distancing more often and increase risk of exposure.  This side was represented by the Clemson QB on twitter https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/09/clemsons-star-qb-trevor-lawrence-has-strong-words-about-the-momentum-towards-cancelling-the-fall-season/

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5010 on: August 11, 2020, 03:11:29 PM »

I don't think it's either of those.  Take NBA for example, thats body on body without the pads.  But the NBA put everyone involved in a bubble to prevent COVID from getting in and so far it's been successful.  Doing that for football is really difficult because of how many people are involved.  MLB also didn't do a bubble, and so far we've seen outbreaks on teams and games being cancelled.  The NFL, like the other major leagues will do constant testing.  I don't think colleges have the ability to set up a bubble nor to do so much testing (they already were testing, I know PSU had not had any positive tests since they returned to campus, but people showed up positive and were isolated just like in the major leagues).  I think that's actually a reason to play the season according to some of the student athletes.  They feel its safer to be with the team who is tested and will be close quarters together so you know they won't be off on their own.  Sending them home, means they'll likely disobey the social distancing more often and increase risk of exposure.  This side was represented by the Clemson QB on twitter https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/09/clemsons-star-qb-trevor-lawrence-has-strong-words-about-the-momentum-towards-cancelling-the-fall-season/

Yeah, that too. NBA did the right move.

Dammit, why can't I think of the term, The Offensive and Defensive line is what I mean, they're face to face huffing and breathing heavily.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5011 on: August 11, 2020, 06:28:58 PM »
I bet you all a bazillion fucking dollars that this was the year Cal was going to the Rose Bowl too.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5012 on: August 11, 2020, 07:08:50 PM »
I bet you all a bazillion fucking dollars that this was the year Cal was going to the Rose Bowl too.

To lose to Penn State  ;)   :biggrin:

Honestly thought this was going to be a year for a run at the big10 championship, and it sucks. Its funny how they are saying maybe in the spring they'll play the season. There's so many unanswered questions and it totally breaks the NCAA in how it's a poor organization. SEC and ACC haven't cancelled, southern schools mostly. Imagine they play a season  :corn

Offline T-ski

« Reply #5013 on: August 11, 2020, 07:11:56 PM »
We have professional baseball players too stupid to adhere to the rules of social distancing, no way I trust college kids to do any better.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5014 on: August 11, 2020, 08:50:09 PM »

To lose to Penn State  ;)   :biggrin:

Honestly thought this was going to be a year for a run at the big10 championship, and it sucks. Its funny how they are saying maybe in the spring they'll play the season. There's so many unanswered questions and it totally breaks the NCAA in how it's a poor organization. SEC and ACC haven't cancelled, southern schools mostly. Imagine they play a season  :corn

Seriously though, we returned most of our offense and defense, and were in the talks for preseason top 25. At least we don't have to watch the press fellatiate Ohio St. all season.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5015 on: August 11, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »
We have professional baseball players too stupid to adhere to the rules of social distancing, no way I trust college kids to do any better.

The argument many are making is that these (ahem...) student athletes will actually be better served to be within the structure of the program than they would be left to their own devices. No football? Alright, I'll just go out and party like a normal college student.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dreammajesty

• mp.com refugee
« Reply #5016 on: August 12, 2020, 09:35:56 AM »
I know it has no use to argue with you, it's not possible with leftist antifa or blm supporters.Totally brainwashed and frightend for the government you have to obey them.Here they want to raid your house when you don't follow the rules get you under arrest and give you a fine.Children will put under quarantaine if the sneeze or cough or will be placed out of home.Yeah it will get very peacefull for everybody i hope it won't be true but it seems very dangerous.My hope for you is that Trump will save you.

As for the experts who studied this for years and and warning for this pandemic for years i'd say follow the money

Have a good laugh at me but still i  wish  you all lots of luck with the outcome of this event and will be safe and sound and your family's as well.

Btw even in astrology these times are mentioned

#saveourchildren
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 10:12:05 AM by Dreammajesty »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5017 on: August 12, 2020, 09:37:37 AM »
I know it has no use to argue with you, it's not possible with leftist antifa or blm supporters.Totally brainwashed and frightend for the government you have to obey them.Here they want to raid your house when you don't follow the rules get you under arrest and give you a fine.Children will put under quarantaine if the sneeze or cough or will be placed out of home.Yeah it will get very peacefull for everybody i hope it won't be true but it seems very dangerous.My hope for you is that Trump will save you.

As for the experts who studied this for years and and warning for this pandemic for years i'd say follow the money

Tin foil hats must get awfully hot this time of year. Imagine calling someone antifa/blm supporter in a derogatory way because they aren't a conspiracy theorist. Yiiiiiikes
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #5018 on: August 12, 2020, 09:39:31 AM »
Even in astrology, well shit, that's the clincher for me.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5019 on: August 12, 2020, 09:44:05 AM »
"Astrology is one of the many tools of the devil" - Mama Boucher

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5020 on: August 12, 2020, 09:51:23 AM »

Have a good laugh at me but still i  wish  you all lots of luck with the outcome of this event and will be safe and sound and your family's as well.

Btw even in astrology these times are mentioned

#savethechildren
Every sentence you typed is insane.

I don't know WTF you're talking about, but you can take that crazy shit somewhere else.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dreammajesty

• mp.com refugee
« Reply #5021 on: August 12, 2020, 10:22:28 AM »
If it ain't Dutch it ain't much right ?

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5022 on: August 12, 2020, 10:24:07 AM »

I don't know WTF you're talking about, but you can take that crazy shit somewhere else.

Hef to the rescue...You beat me to it.

I just have to also say that this is the single greatest Mod response to any thread in the history of this or any iteration of this forum.
I love you dude, so much!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5023 on: August 12, 2020, 10:31:51 AM »
:tup

I actually lol’ed when I saw Hef’s response as well :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5024 on: August 12, 2020, 11:51:53 AM »

I just have to also say that this is the single greatest Mod response to any thread in the history of this or any iteration of this forum.

Correction, 2nd greatest.  Nothing will ever top the response to Janet1234.

Please don't ban him though ... these posts are the stuff of legend.  If anything, just change the avatar to a seagull - since all he does is swoop in, squawk a lot, shit over everything, then fly away.  A seagull avatar would seem appropriate.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5025 on: August 12, 2020, 12:14:50 PM »
Please don't ban him though ... these posts are the stuff of legend.  If anything, just change the avatar to a seagull - since all he does is swoop in, squawk a lot, shit over everything, then fly away.  A seagull avatar would seem appropriate.

:rollin

I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5026 on: August 12, 2020, 12:20:00 PM »
If it ain't Dutch it ain't much right ?

Only my hot chocolate agrees with this.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5027 on: August 12, 2020, 12:25:59 PM »

From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Dreammajesty

• mp.com refugee
« Reply #5028 on: August 12, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »
Ja i know it is common to ridicule someone with a different opinion than yours,Often you'd be referred to as crazy,that's very brave.But i don't care.Please keep these posts for the future so we can see how it turned out.Cheers :hat

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5029 on: August 12, 2020, 01:45:13 PM »
We really should have a bingo card of conspiracy theory catch-phrases.

"9/11"
"you have to search for the ties"
"Bill Gates"
"Rockefellers"
“Do your own research”
"it's all connected"
"follow the money"

I mean, we're well on our way to a full card here.

Ja i know it is common to ridicule someone with a different opinion than yours,Often you'd be referred to as crazy,that's very brave.But i don't care.Please keep these posts for the future so we can see how it turned out.Cheers :hat

Oh, I promise... we will.  The "crazy" isn't resulting from different opinions, it's on opinions that are clearly defiant to well established facts and science.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5030 on: August 12, 2020, 01:50:19 PM »

That's how everybody paints the picture when they're called out on dumb shit, bro. That's some elementary level rebuttal.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5031 on: August 12, 2020, 02:30:10 PM »

That's how everybody paints the picture when they're called out on dumb shit, bro. That's some elementary level rebuttal.

My hot chocolate response begs to differ.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5032 on: August 12, 2020, 02:38:47 PM »
Not spacing out sentences has made me not even bother putting thought into what this person is writing  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5033 on: August 12, 2020, 02:42:43 PM »
So.....I just went to a local gun shop to see about picking up a couple magazine holsters. Keep in mind I live in a VERY red/trumpian area. I walked into the shop wearing my mask and I was the only person wearing one between employees and the handful of patrons in there. Received many judgmental glares and.....when asked by an employee if there was anything he could help me with......I said "looking for a magazine holster"......he quickly said..."We don't have any of those" all the while holding the same glare I'd been getting from everyone.

I was looking right at the rack that had a pretty good assortment of magazine holsters. It was apparent I wasn't welcome there given the fact I was wearing a mask....and honestly, I should have walked out before that anyway because none of those nitwits were wearing one.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5034 on: August 12, 2020, 02:46:38 PM »
So.....I just went to a local gun shop to see about picking up a couple magazine holsters. Keep in mind I live in a VERY red/trumpian area. I walked into the shop wearing my mask and I was the only person wearing one between employees and the handful of patrons in there. Received many judgmental glares and.....when asked by an employee if there was anything he could help me with......I said "looking for a magazine holster"......he quickly said..."We don't have any of those" all the while holding the same glare I'd been getting from everyone.

I was looking right at the rack that had a pretty good assortment of magazine holsters. It was apparent I wasn't welcome there given the fact I was wearing a mask....and honestly, I should have walked out before that anyway because none of those nitwits were wearing one.

Dumbasses.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5035 on: August 12, 2020, 02:52:13 PM »
Their loss on business. Idiots.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5036 on: August 12, 2020, 02:57:35 PM »
Their loss on business. Idiots.

I rarely visit this particular shop because of the general attitude of the employees. They've been pretty judgmental in the past even before this face mask thing today. They talk down to people a lot.....are very blunt and over all not friendly. That was the first time I've stepped into that shop in I'd say 7 or 8 years. I just need a couple more mag. holsters for some training I'm going through this saturday so I thought I'd go to them since they're only a couple minutes away. So, it looks like I'll make the drive out to my normal 'go to' store tomorrow.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #5037 on: August 12, 2020, 03:12:21 PM »
I'm surprised they haven't gone out of business yet then.  Is there anyway that you can give a honest review about them and let them know about it?

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #5038 on: August 12, 2020, 03:26:20 PM »
This is what it has devolved to.

Congrats DreamMaj - your a proud papa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXXKKk6o9zM

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5039 on: August 12, 2020, 03:33:54 PM »

Love you pal!

Correction, 2nd greatest.  Nothing will ever top the response to Janet1234.

lol Janet1234    fond memories

I didn't ban him.

I just hope that when it turns out, well, the way it will turn out, you will remember that.

:djhef:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.