Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 435314 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2020, 06:29:27 PM »
 :lol so true

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2020, 08:41:49 PM »
Super-spreader story from Norway: https://www.nrk.no/vestland/over-hundre-kan-ha-hatt-kontakt-med-koronasmittet-ulleval-ansatt-1.14922358

An employee at the hospital in Ullevål was on holiday in Italy, came back, worked for two days, got tested for the virus, turned back positive, and now they are contacting 100+ people this employee was possibly in close contact with during these two days. It's the eye department, so I'm hoping it's not someone treating people, just a receptionist or admin.

According to Svenska Dagbladet it's a Doctor who has treated a lot of patients during the last few days.
Patients at the clinic are often elderly people.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2020, 09:16:30 PM »
Nothing to see here, thankfully. It's just a liberal hoax. I can go outside again.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/28/trump-south-carolina-rally-coronavirus-118269
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2020, 09:37:02 PM »
He's such a fucking narcissistic moron.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2020, 09:39:16 PM »
He's such a fucking narcissistic moron.

LIKE HILLARY WOULD BE ANY BETTER

HOW DO WE KNOW HER EMAILS DIDN'T SPREAD THIS
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2020, 09:45:54 PM »
Nothing to see here, thankfully. It's just a liberal hoax. I can go outside again.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/28/trump-south-carolina-rally-coronavirus-118269

They are damn good at creating hoaxes thouse liberals.
Here in Sweden I could jhave sworn it was a real virus, but now.....

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #216 on: February 29, 2020, 12:09:07 AM »
Just 4 new cases in Sweden yesterday making it 11 in total. I expected more.
But then again it's just a hoax so the fact that security equipment for health care professionals and isolation rooms for infected are limited should not worry....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: February 29, 2020, 07:12:10 AM »
Woke up to news of a suspected case at the hospital down the street from me https://www.app.com/story/news/health/2020/02/29/coronavirus-suspected-case-reported-bayshore-holmdel-report-says/4912248002/

I kind of wish they wouldn't share this news unless it was confirmed

Offline Harmony

« Reply #218 on: February 29, 2020, 08:23:24 AM »
"We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical." -- Trump on the coronavirus

Medical elements?   Elements of medical?  ???
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Volante99

« Reply #219 on: February 29, 2020, 10:28:09 AM »
Just returned from a trade show. Manufacturing in China is more or less at a standstill. Going to be an interesting Q4 as retailers and companies are scrambling for product but everything is late or delayed. I’m more worried about the economic consequences at this point which we are already starting to see.

That said, SOME factories seem to be reopening so it MAY have peaked in China.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #220 on: February 29, 2020, 10:50:02 AM »
Woke up to news of a suspected case at the hospital down the street from me https://www.app.com/story/news/health/2020/02/29/coronavirus-suspected-case-reported-bayshore-holmdel-report-says/4912248002/

I kind of wish they wouldn't share this news unless it was confirmed

That's why I'm more worried about the fear and panic they're spreading. We know people have got it, but do we know those deaths were confirmed to be caused by the virus?

For me, Just take extra precautions, more than is usually done. That's pretty much all we can do.

This does remind me of the Futurama episode "Cold Warriors" where Fry gets the common cold, which didn't exist in the future.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #221 on: February 29, 2020, 11:27:27 AM »
I normally dislike Dr. Drew, but I think he's dead on.  The earliest outbreak I recall is SARS, which happened right after college.  And every single outbreak since gets all sorts of media coverage.  Not once has Chicago become a hotbed for disease and we're one of the largest cities in the US.  I commute tot he city by public transportation daily and have been getting flu shots for the last ten years, due to being on a train for 3 hours a day and having young children at home.  Not once have I ever been worried about an outbreak of disease.  A shooting in the train station in the city?  Sure, I worry about that, but getting sick...no.  I try to stay as germ-free as possible.

I'm not concerned about this outbreak in the slightest.  But in the suburbs around Chicago, where I live, surgical and protective masks are flying off of store shelves and school districts are advising families that they are working on plans in the event of an outbreak.  That's just silly, and Dr. Drew is right - it's 100% media driven.  The news reports it, people get worked up on social media and start pestering the schools about it.

If cases show up in Chicago (we had two that were isolated and have since recovered), I'll pay more attention, but treating this like some imminently deadly outbreak is off-base.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:09:18 PM by Grappler »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #222 on: February 29, 2020, 11:42:23 AM »
First confirmed US death in Seattle

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: February 29, 2020, 11:51:23 AM »
Had a high school near me closed for the last couple days, but turns out the suspected person tested negative. There are two more positive cases in the area, however.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #224 on: February 29, 2020, 11:51:57 AM »

Welp and I’m on an airplane to Seattle to get back to the OC with a 2.5 hour layover in Seattle.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #225 on: February 29, 2020, 11:56:28 AM »

Welp and I’m on an airplane to Seattle to get back to the OC with a 2.5 hour layover in Seattle.

As been said before - avoid strangers close to you. Wash often your hands. Don't touch your eyes, mouth or nose with the hands. If you have less than three hours to spend in the airport, find a nice resting spot and a restaurant that is not crowded, you should be fine.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: February 29, 2020, 12:03:15 PM »

As been said before - avoid strangers close to you. Wash often your hands. Don't touch your eyes, mouth or nose with the hands. If you have less than three hours to spend in the airport, find a nice resting spot and a restaurant that is not crowded, you should be fine.

As far as I have heard it's not that spread in the U.S yet.... if you were going to Teheran it would be another thing but Seattle, you should be fine with normal precausions.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #227 on: February 29, 2020, 12:21:03 PM »
Yeah, and somehow I think SF will get the first big push, I'm pretty sure we got the biggest population of people going to and from China. I'm just waiting for it to explode here.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #228 on: February 29, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »
Yeah, and somehow I think SF will get the first big push, I'm pretty sure we got the biggest population of people going to and from China. I'm just waiting for it to explode here.

Each and every one of them should be carefully checked, period.

The USA are lucky, they're learning from China and Europe's mistakes, they can see what worked and what didn't. If politicians consults doctors and people expert in these fields and do what they say, they should be able to contain it.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: February 29, 2020, 12:39:05 PM »
^
You are talking about a country whose leader (?) called it a hoax last night, and who assigned someone in charge who has a history of dragging his feet when facing a health crisis.

I am filled to the brim with confidence in their present and future actions
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #230 on: February 29, 2020, 01:45:27 PM »
^
You are talking about a country whose leader (?) called it a hoax last night, and who assigned someone in charge who has a history of dragging his feet when facing a health crisis.

I am filled to the brim with confidence in their present and future actions

He literally told people to pray HIV away.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #231 on: February 29, 2020, 02:13:43 PM »
Flight has been delayed by an hour.  I hope this had nothing to do with the death.  I’m going to be stuck at the airport for 4 hours.....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: February 29, 2020, 02:15:04 PM »
Flight has been delayed by an hour.  I hope this had nothing to do with the death.  I’m going to be stuck at the airport for 4 hours.....

I doubt it but delayed an hour and stuck for 4... super cautious or was there no traffic in LA today?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #233 on: February 29, 2020, 02:24:20 PM »
No idea what caused the layover.  Was supposed to be about 2.5 hours of a layover.

Spoke to an airline customer support. They said it was mechanical reasons why the flight is delayed which I guess it’s the better reasons why the flight is delayed rather health reasons.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 02:55:27 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #234 on: February 29, 2020, 03:21:30 PM »
The USA are lucky, they're learning from China and Europe's mistakes, they can see what worked and what didn't. If politicians consults doctors and people expert in these fields and do what they say, they should be able to contain it.

You're adorable.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #235 on: February 29, 2020, 03:28:10 PM »
That should be what happens, but that’s not what I see will happen in this country.  There will be the usual blame whatever and not get things done as always.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #236 on: February 29, 2020, 03:34:23 PM »
That should be what happens, but that’s not what I see will happen in this country.  There will be the usual blame whatever and not get things done as always.

It’s already been called a Democrat hoax and that dems hope millions die so they can blame trump. Brilliant.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline max_security

« Reply #237 on: February 29, 2020, 03:43:31 PM »
The living room used to be called the " parlor " , the Spanish Flue of the early 1900's changed a few things like that ( sleeping with open widows in the winter as well ). If you live in an older place that's why the cast iron radiators are so big. I wonder what this one will change ?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #238 on: February 29, 2020, 04:04:52 PM »
I wonder what this one will change ?

Hopefully:

- Better hygiene for people
- A new era for smart working (in Milan the air has never been so clear, with many people working from home to avoid going around)
- A new worldwide and coordinated plan to deal with future epidemics like this, hopefully this will be a big lesson on how to deal with this kind of stuff

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #239 on: February 29, 2020, 07:15:25 PM »
I wonder what this one will change ?

Hopefully:

- Better hygiene for people
- A new era for smart working (in Milan the air has never been so clear, with many people working from home to avoid going around)
- A new worldwide and coordinated plan to deal with future epidemics like this, hopefully this will be a big lesson on how to deal with this kind of stuff

I wish I could be so optimistic.  I kind of doubt anything will change much.  However, I do think office buildings should become a thing of the past and just let everyone work from home.  I do, and I love it!
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #240 on: February 29, 2020, 08:22:57 PM »

It’s already been called a Democrat hoax and that dems hope millions die so they can blame trump. Brilliant.

This is what we've delved into as a country.   Instead of working together in a time of need, we politicize this epidemic.   People sicken me.  Bond together,
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2020, 03:33:22 AM »
Well, that's today's human nature and don't think in Italy things are better.

The moderately problematic immigration issue, which peaked in numbers 2-3 years ago, has been HEAVILY politicized by the right wing populists and so it seems like we're being "invaded" while they're preaching to keep the "ports closed", since they lived in an imaginary world where we can do things all by ourselves, and surely they jumped on the bandwagon "hey, we said to keep ports closed all along!" as soon as the infection started.

However it was an italian that spread the virus around, and it was people from Lombardy who brought it to Sicily (south of Italy and landing point of many immigrant boats), to Algeria and Nigeria. WE infected THEM, not the other way around. That's basically like if someone in the USA would jump at the coronavirus scare to reiterate that mexicans should be kept outside of the USA with a wall, and then some american citizens would travel and infect mexicans  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2020, 05:31:20 AM »
You laugh, but I’d bet my next pay cheque that will come out of Trump’s mouth the instant there is even a suspected case in Mexico.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »
He's already hinting at closing the southern border.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2020, 09:29:28 AM »

This is what we've delved into as a country.   Instead of working together in a time of need, we politicize this epidemic.   People sicken me.  Bond together,

Agreed. This is why almost all politicians are disgusting human beings.