Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 433257 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1822 on: March 30, 2020, 08:36:50 AM »
- China lies. 

Yeah, pretty much ever since I started following the numbers, I've disregarded the published numbers for them.  But what I do find intriguing is India's.  Why are they so low?  As jammed together as they are in their cities, if the virus is there (and it is), how are their numbers staying so low?  I'm not saying they are not being honest, but I've been wondering that for quite awhile.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1824 on: March 30, 2020, 08:42:32 AM »
- China lies. 

Yeah, pretty much ever since I started following the numbers, I've disregarded the published numbers for them.  But what I do find intriguing is India's.  Why are they so low?  As jammed together as they are in their cities, if the virus is there (and it is), how are their numbers staying so low?  I'm not saying they are not being honest, but I've been wondering that for quite awhile.

You ever had authentic Indian curry? I doubt even COVID19 can survive that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1825 on: March 30, 2020, 09:52:16 AM »
Boober Eats.  I'm breathless in the face of such creativity. 

Online Adami

« Reply #1826 on: March 30, 2020, 09:57:58 AM »
I don't have faith in it what so ever. I bet it goes tits up in a a month.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1827 on: March 30, 2020, 10:06:06 AM »
I'm curious if they'll continue to milk it after the immediate virus emergency passes.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1828 on: March 30, 2020, 10:09:59 AM »
I'm curious if they'll continue to milk it after the immediate virus emergency passes.

Regardless, it's implanted in my memory now.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

« Reply #1829 on: March 30, 2020, 10:16:36 AM »

Regardless, it's implanted in my mammary now.

Fixed.

I hope this thread continues to keep me abreast of this situation.

boobs.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1830 on: March 30, 2020, 10:21:15 AM »

Fixed.

As do I.....but I like to juggle between two well filled sources.......
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1831 on: March 30, 2020, 10:40:11 AM »
All this mention of Boober Eats has me a little hungry for some sweater meat.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1832 on: March 30, 2020, 10:51:30 AM »
- China lies. 

I don't have faith in it what so ever. I bet it goes tits up in a a month.

:rollin     to these and the others that help this semi confinement bearable.

Maryland under a semi lockdown.  One axe hat over the weekend was arrested after a warning, for holding a party with 60 people.  Meanwhile, a senior citizen home in Carroll County had 66 residents test positive in their 104 bed facility.

But, when giving his press conference today, Governor Hogan's TV ratings numbers didn't approach that of 'The Bachelor' or MNF.........
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1833 on: March 30, 2020, 10:57:27 AM »
Motorboat.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1834 on: March 30, 2020, 11:04:49 AM »
We are now in week two of full on isolation. I watch my wife at the front window.....gazing aimlessly with tears running down her face. It breaks my heart to see her this way. I have been thinking of things I can do to cheer her up. I've even considered letting her inside.....but rules are rules!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1835 on: March 30, 2020, 11:09:05 AM »
We are now in week two of full on isolation. I watch my wife at the front window.....gazing aimlessly with tears running down her face. It breaks my heart to see her this way. I have been thinking of things I can do to cheer her up. I've even considered letting her inside.....but rules are rules!!

:lol :lol

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1836 on: March 30, 2020, 11:17:42 AM »
Ha.  Day 15 of working from home/staying home with the kids here - this is the second week of the two-week "mandatory" stay home order from the governor.  We make it to the grocery store 1-3 times per week, depending on what runs out or what the kids eat all of unexpectedly.  Order takeout every 2-3 days.  Otherwise, we're here at home.  When the weather cooperates, we play out in the yard or go for a walk.  Over the weekend, we drove to a local Dog & Suds where you order from the car and they bring it out, like a Sonic).  It was a way to take a drive and get out for an hour and do something fun to eat.

I think I've watched Frozen 2 about 30 times in the last 15 days. 

My wife is having a hard time, constantly thinking about what she would usually be doing at various times during the week and feeling down that we've had to change our lives and cancel things.  It's just out of everyone's control.  We've cancelled our vacation in May.  My daughter's preschool has been off for weeks and will likely not go back for the rest of the semester.  The virus is now entering my suburbs (5-10 known cases), having a nice foothold with over 1,000 cases in Chicago proper and another 1,000 plus in Cook County (which contains and surrounds Chicago).  If it continues to expand locally to me, things will be closing in around us.  It's spreading outward from Chicago now, through the suburbs. 

There have been confirmed cases at local grocery stores and a rumor about one at the McDonald's down the street, though someone else claimed that it was started by an ex employee with a grudge.  Local Facebook groups are now in a panic...what do you expect?  These are the people going to work and being around tons of other people every day.  Every store is going to have employees that test positive. 

We just get through each day to wake up and figure out how to get through the next with our kids.  At least we don't have e-learning schedules from schools to maintain on top of everything else. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1837 on: March 30, 2020, 11:32:25 AM »

Bravo. That did not go the direction I thought it would.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #1838 on: March 30, 2020, 11:40:49 AM »

Fixed.

Don't stop!  I'm sure we can rack up a few more! 

Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1839 on: March 30, 2020, 12:02:08 PM »

Fixed.

The joke is now old. Time to nip it in the bud.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1840 on: March 30, 2020, 12:03:33 PM »

Fixed.

The joke is now old. Time to nip it in the bud.

But we have to continue the comedy, it's the breast thing to do.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1841 on: March 30, 2020, 01:06:51 PM »
- China lies. 

For reals man. That shit will strip paint of metal.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1842 on: March 30, 2020, 01:39:52 PM »
All this mention of Boober Eats has me a little hungry for some sweater meat.

The fact that this rhymes and was completely glossed over is offensive to me.   I will therefore right this wrong with a haiku

(ahem)

Oh blessed chest fat
Jiggle yon food to my door
Name it Boober Eats
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1843 on: March 30, 2020, 02:10:31 PM »
 :rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1844 on: March 30, 2020, 02:29:13 PM »
50k cases today (and counting).

Wait until this 5 minute test comes out from Abbott and others.  There's going to be 10s of millions of cases worldwide (if China ever starts releasing information).

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1845 on: March 30, 2020, 02:33:19 PM »
Oh, and with Governmental leadership like this, Brazil could become the next 'epicenter'.  This guy makes Trump sound like Fauci.  Obviously, this was a few days ago (given the reference to the US cases/deaths).

Brazil’s president Jair Bolsonaro has tried to reassure his citizens over the threat of coronavirus by claiming Brazilians can bathe in excrement “and nothing happens”.

As Brazil’s Covid-19 death toll rose to 77, Bolsonaro scotched the idea Latin America’s biggest economy could soon face a situation as severe as the United States, where there have been more than 1,000 deaths and more than 83,000 cases.

“I don’t think it will reach that point,” Bolsonaro told reporters outside the presidential palace in the capital, Brasília.

“Not least because Brazilians need to be studied,” the right-wing populist added.

“They never catch anything. You see some bloke jumping into the sewage, he gets out, has a dive, right? And nothing happens to him.”

Without offering any scientific evidence, Bolsonaro continued: “I think it’s even possible lots of people have already been infected in Brazil, a few weeks or months ago, and have already got the antibodies that help it not to proliferate”

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1846 on: March 30, 2020, 02:38:22 PM »
Fuck...  :(

Online Adami

« Reply #1847 on: March 30, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »
Did he really use the word Bloke or did Ricky Gervais translate it?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1848 on: March 30, 2020, 02:51:42 PM »
Pretty neat interactive map that studied cell phone records and compiled how states/counties are doing with social distancing and travel.

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/social-distancing-scoreboard

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1849 on: March 30, 2020, 03:04:44 PM »
Oh, and with Governmental leadership like this, Brazil could become the next 'epicenter'.  This guy makes Trump sound like Fauci.  Obviously, this was a few days ago (given the reference to the US cases/deaths).

Brazil’s president Jair Bolsonaro has tried to reassure his citizens over the threat of coronavirus by claiming Brazilians can bathe in excrement “and nothing happens”.

As Brazil’s Covid-19 death toll rose to 77, Bolsonaro scotched the idea Latin America’s biggest economy could soon face a situation as severe as the United States, where there have been more than 1,000 deaths and more than 83,000 cases.

“I don’t think it will reach that point,” Bolsonaro told reporters outside the presidential palace in the capital, Brasília.

“Not least because Brazilians need to be studied,” the right-wing populist added.

“They never catch anything. You see some bloke jumping into the sewage, he gets out, has a dive, right? And nothing happens to him.”

Without offering any scientific evidence, Bolsonaro continued: “I think it’s even possible lots of people have already been infected in Brazil, a few weeks or months ago, and have already got the antibodies that help it not to proliferate”

This looks like the guy who will unleash the next pandemic on the world.

It's been years that the major causes for pandemics have been identified in aggressive urbanization, which changes the ecosystems and allows wild creatures to come into contact with domestic ones, coupled with overpopulation and poor hygienic standards. That's why they so often rise in Africa and Asia. If someone is gonna wake up something that didn't need to be woken up in the Amazon forest, it's gonna be him (since he looks hell bent on destroying part of its anyway).
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1850 on: March 30, 2020, 03:19:10 PM »
Pretty neat interactive map that studied cell phone records and compiled how states/counties are doing with social distancing and travel.

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/social-distancing-scoreboard

Neat.  Wyoming giving the big FU to COVID.  Must be a large Brazilian population.  :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1851 on: March 30, 2020, 03:24:30 PM »
Listening to a live speech from the governor of Washington.   He listed several counties...but several counties are now showing between 15-20% positive percentage on all tests. 

That is 3 times as much as previous weeks.

Let that sink in.    Washington (one of, if not the first US state effected) is now testing positive on 15-20% of ALL TESTS.   

I don't know if it's in print on the internet yet, I'm just listening to the speech live.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1852 on: March 30, 2020, 03:56:54 PM »
???  Why is that surprising?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #1853 on: March 30, 2020, 03:58:11 PM »
Listening to a live speech from the governor of Washington.   He listed several counties...but several counties are now showing between 15-20% positive percentage on all tests. 

That is 3 times as much as previous weeks.

Let that sink in.    Washington (one of, if not the first US state effected) is now testing positive on 15-20% of ALL TESTS.   

I don't know if it's in print on the internet yet, I'm just listening to the speech live.

You're going to have to explain that one to me boss.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1854 on: March 30, 2020, 04:02:52 PM »
Uh...we knew the numbers and percentages would go up due to more aggressive testing than previous weeks.  This was expected.  :justjen
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White