Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 434213 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1540 on: March 24, 2020, 07:26:30 AM »
I don't speak Italian, but if the translations are true, we need them here in NY.

https://twitter.com/protectheflames/status/1241403715036291072
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1541 on: March 24, 2020, 07:34:38 AM »
That's true, I can confirm  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #1542 on: March 24, 2020, 07:38:21 AM »
I don't speak Italian, but if the translations are true, we need them here in NY.

https://twitter.com/protectheflames/status/1241403715036291072
have them call Till Lindemann to expertly operate them damnit :D
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1543 on: March 24, 2020, 07:40:54 AM »
Lost in translation from the last one:

"Nobody can see you through the coffin's lid"

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #1544 on: March 24, 2020, 07:50:05 AM »
I just found out yesterday that two families in my neighborhood probably have the cornonavirus (no official test, but also not the flu).  I have been letting my kids go out and play with their friends, but I think I'm going to stop that now.

Fortuanately both families appear to be doing OK.  And one is on the mend.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1545 on: March 24, 2020, 07:57:15 AM »
I just found out yesterday that two families in my neighborhood probably have the cornonavirus (no official test, but also not the flu).  I have been letting my kids go out and play with their friends, but I think I'm going to stop that now.

Fortuanately both families appear to be doing OK.  And one is on the mend.

Brother... keep the kids in isolation.

Also, Italian Police don't fuck around if you break quarantine.  Warning... mildly disturbing.

https://twitter.com/Hafeeeem/status/1242097992443875328?fbclid=IwAR3eDpG9_1PtB0owmO4m7lMyrOGS3zV-BMTZW3kQy31ZhLBpwdcT7FFM0ZA
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1546 on: March 24, 2020, 07:58:54 AM »
It ain't Italy

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1547 on: March 24, 2020, 08:01:21 AM »
Wonder where it is then.  Could be some random thing from the past I suppose, just re-hashed for these times.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1548 on: March 24, 2020, 08:06:54 AM »
I received an official letter from Homeland Security stating I am allowed to be on the roads for work during this time.  From the cyber and infrastructure division.  I feel important.   :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1549 on: March 24, 2020, 08:07:59 AM »
Truck driver Cram?
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1551 on: March 24, 2020, 08:11:56 AM »
Truck driver Cram?

IT infrastructure

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1552 on: March 24, 2020, 09:05:51 AM »
I thought this was a great idea.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/beverly-asks-residents-to-limit-grocery-store-trips/ar-BB11Dl7C?ocid=hplocalnews

It's something for sure.  One flaw I see in that is that (presumably) the Wards are by geography?  So the stores on the other end of town from a given Ward are likely to be emptier on those days than those in that ward.

How about this as another possible idea - you shop on the odd/even days that match your address.  I live at 1715 Kingston.  So, I shop on odd-numbered days.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1553 on: March 24, 2020, 09:08:42 AM »
Being a single dude in a pandemic rules. I've started eating the least desirable food in my pantry and kitchen so the good stuff is what's left at the end, so I shouldn't have to go grocery shopping for 2 months. Hopefully toilet paper is not a rare commodity when I emerge from hibernation. :hat
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1554 on: March 24, 2020, 09:11:42 AM »
Anyone else notice Amazon isn't shipping anything essential for another month?  I am starting to run low on my vitamins I've been taking to support my diet and cherry tart pills to help my uric acid levels so I ordered more on Amazon, no problem will be here by end of the week, but I also added an audio optical cable for my TV and that won't come for another month.  I'm not complaining, kind of makes sense but also interesting to see the adaptation. 

Being a single dude in a pandemic rules. I've started eating the least desirable food in my pantry and kitchen so the good stuff is what's left at the end, so I shouldn't have to go grocery shopping for 2 months. Hopefully toilet paper is not a rare commodity when I emerge from hibernation. :hat

Us single dudes do have it the best.  No kids to worry about, no one else that needs attention.  Just kind of a normal every day life for me really.  Also helps that I weened myself off of premade food and cooking every meal has been a norm for awhile that there's like really no adjustment at all besides the occasional time I need to go to the store and it's all awkward.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1555 on: March 24, 2020, 09:19:55 AM »
Yeah, last night I made some chicken and rice for the rest of the week even though I wasn't hungry. Life goes on as normal for this guy - for now. We're pretty lucky in the grand scheme of things.

A friend of mine in Utah went to the Dragonforce/VoA concert when they came through, and he was supposed to mail me a vinyl a weekend or so ago. And even though he doesn't appear to be sick, there's something that makes me hope he doesn't mail the vinyl for quite some more time, 'cause if I get any packages in the mail, I'm spraying it all down with Lysol and keeping it hidden somewhere for a couple weeks  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1556 on: March 24, 2020, 09:21:24 AM »

I can definitely relate.  This social distancing thing is right up my alley.  Hoping I can continue working from home beyond the 15 days.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1557 on: March 24, 2020, 09:22:04 AM »
Anyone else notice Amazon isn't shipping anything essential for another month?  I am starting to run low on my vitamins I've been taking to support my diet and cherry tart pills to help my uric acid levels so I ordered more on Amazon, no problem will be here by end of the week, but I also added an audio optical cable for my TV and that won't come for another month.  I'm not complaining, kind of makes sense but also interesting to see the adaptation. 

It's not so much that they aren't shipping, they aren't even stocking.  A few days ago, Amazon announced that for a period of three weeks, they would only be placing orders from their suppliers for "essentials" (six categories, the stuff you'd expect), for items to be stocked in their warehouses.  That's why pretty much everything outside of those categories is landing on a April 21 delivery date, that's when they will start restocking those other categories.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1558 on: March 24, 2020, 09:22:37 AM »
While I appreciate the sentiment behind it, I need to get the fuck back to work. :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1559 on: March 24, 2020, 09:28:06 AM »
Meanwhile, yesterday I went and literally sat in the garage in a lawnchair, then grabbed a Pearl Jam CD and went for a drive.  I love my wife and family, yes I do, but...   I went and literally sat in the garage in a lawnchair.  :) :) :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1560 on: March 24, 2020, 09:29:25 AM »
They really need to legalize weed just for that type of situation   :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1561 on: March 24, 2020, 09:32:13 AM »
I thought this was a great idea.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/beverly-asks-residents-to-limit-grocery-store-trips/ar-BB11Dl7C?ocid=hplocalnews

It's something for sure.  One flaw I see in that is that (presumably) the Wards are by geography?  So the stores on the other end of town from a given Ward are likely to be emptier on those days than those in that ward.

Not sure. Beverly is nowhere near me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1562 on: March 24, 2020, 09:37:04 AM »
I'm sure your wife is thankful for that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1563 on: March 24, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »
Hah! No need to worry about that!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1564 on: March 24, 2020, 09:42:25 AM »

How about this as another possible idea - you shop on the odd/even days that match your address.  I live at 1715 Kingston.  So, I shop on odd-numbered days.
That's how gas rationing worked back in the 70s. I believe it was odd or even license plat numbers. Personally, I'd just like to see them expand their hours. If some of us could shop at 0100 it'd be a lot less crowded during the day. Even Walmart is closing at 2000.

Also, I hit Central Market last night 15 minute before close, and despite having 2 entrances and 4 exits, they funneled everybody through the same damn entrance, around the store, and exit. They're really not helping.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1565 on: March 24, 2020, 09:46:14 AM »
This is just my opinion.

I don't think closing early is to do extra cleaning. Personally, I feel it's about limiting exposure to asset loss.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1566 on: March 24, 2020, 10:06:53 AM »
Meanwhile, yesterday I went and literally sat in the garage in a lawnchair, then grabbed a Pearl Jam CD and went for a drive.  I love my wife and family, yes I do, but...   I went and literally sat in the garage in a lawnchair.  :) :) :)

There's an old guy in my neighborhood that has a recliner in his garage that he just sits in throughout the afternoon.  Not even a TV or a stereo, he just sits in his recliner in the garage with the door open.  Wears suspenders with his shorts and socks with his sandals in the summer time.

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1567 on: March 24, 2020, 10:12:31 AM »
Talked with my mom and convinced her to take the self-quarantine measures ordered by our Mayor, thankfully the city will address it as paid sick leave for almost three weeks. My grandparents are pretty much safe anyway, they don't venture outside almost at all, which leaves my dad who I suppose is relatively safe since he drives his own car and his job doesn't require much interaction. Which leaves me but I have to use public transportation in order to get to work. At least I'm avoiding rush hours.

My granddad turns 77 on April 1st and I think this is the first year in the last decade or two we won't be able to visit him on his birthday. This might seem like a small thing, but man, does this suck.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:19:04 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1568 on: March 24, 2020, 10:15:45 AM »
This is just my opinion.

I don't think closing early is to do extra cleaning. Personally, I feel it's about limiting exposure to asset loss.
How would LP be any different now than a few weeks ago? You'd think it'd be easier to keep tabs on everything when the store is less congested.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1569 on: March 24, 2020, 10:28:48 AM »
This is just my opinion.

How would LP be any different now than a few weeks ago? You'd think it'd be easier to keep tabs on everything when the store is less congested.

Yeah, I'm not sure. It's just my gut honest feeling. I'm thinking more along the lines of a robbery than someone lifting a bag of shrimp.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1570 on: March 24, 2020, 10:32:54 AM »

There's an old guy in my neighborhood that has a recliner in his garage that he just sits in throughout the afternoon.  Not even a TV or a stereo, he just sits in his recliner in the garage with the door open.  Wears suspenders with his shorts and socks with his sandals in the summer time.

Lawnchair/recliner, same difference. I didn't want to reveal too much so I changed one of the details.   :) :)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1571 on: March 24, 2020, 11:09:00 AM »
This is just my opinion.

Yeah, I'm not sure. It's just my gut honest feeling. I'm thinking more along the lines of a robbery than someone lifting a bag of shrimp.
Interesting. Down here it'd be the opposite. The more shoppers there are the greater the likelihood of getting plugged by a couple of soccer-moms.
E.F. Benson

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1572 on: March 24, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »
Some of you may have seen posts like this on social media...accounts from individuals that have contracted this virus.  This is from the first person diagnosed in the county that I live in, a female.  I read another account that was just like this one, from a healthy, fit male and it was identical. 

As the days and weeks go on, I'm definitely understanding that this is not just "another flu" and am glad that my family is taking things seriously enough.  I have no desire to come down with this disease.  It's not something that you can just get over in a few days.  It is weeks of symptoms and weeks of isolation.

’d been vacillating on whether or not to make a social media post, but as I see pics of teenagers still partying on spring break or just hanging out with friends, I. AM. PISSED. And I am terrified. And I feel if I can convince even one parent to force their kids to practice strict social distancing, lives can be saved.

Some of you already know that on 3/17, I became a statistic as one of the first Lake County residents to be diagnosed Covid-19 positive. I received the official news by phone in my hospital room.

Let me first tell you this virus is an absolute monster. Anyone who thinks it feels like flu is sorely mistaken. Every day I have new symptoms on top of the old ones that just won’t go away. As a healthy, fit 45-yr-old, I can’t even imagine what this would been like if I was older or had a major underlying condition. After two weeks in, having phone conversations is still difficult for me as I just can’t find the air. Watching quarantine workout videos, I wonder if I’ll ever regain the lung capacity to workout again. I’ve read that lung and heart damage can be permanent. I pray that’s not the case for me.

I have had zero physical contact with my own family in 14 days and there seems to be no end in sight. Watching FB friends share their social distancing experiences is becoming increasingly depressing for me. I see house parties with cocktails, tiktok videos and strolls with families outside. Even just parents doing art projects with their kids makes me weepy.

And I will add that anyone who is growing weary of social distancing after one week needs to get over it. More than half of those hospitalized in NYC are under the age of 50. We need to listen to the scientific experts. Our complete moron of a POTUS is going to end up killing more people and adding more time to our economic recovery. There is no way this thing goes away in 14 days. It’s just not going to happen. As much as I’d love to see my kids back doing the things they love and eventually seeing family/friends, we cannot become complacent. I don’t want to catch this again (yes, having it does not guarantee immunity) and you don’t want to get this thing before treatments are available. IT IS HELL.

Many people have been texting/DM’ing me questions over the past week to wish me well and also to ask about my symptoms, so I’ll start at the beginning, but want to emphasize two symptoms I’ve read about that seem to be very consistent. 1. Loss of smell and taste. Apparently, many carriers experience this without having other symptoms. I noticed it around day #4. 2. A day of improved symptoms mid-illness. In nearly every personal account I’ve read, the person had a fever-free day with increased energy and reduced symptoms. This is usually the day before symptoms take a nosedive for the worst. So here it goes:

3/10
I was at the gym working out and mid-way through, my lungs started burning. The night before, I had accidentally poured too much eucalyptus oil into my humidifier and my lungs were irritated as I was falling asleep. Naturally, I assumed this was the cause of the burning sensation. I powered through my workout, but def. didn’t feel great. My instructor even came up to me after class and asked if I was ok because she noticed I wasn’t myself. As I was showering, nausea and fatigue started to set in. I had a busy day driving my daughter around and by 4pm, I called my husband and told him he needed to come home and drive our other daughter’s gymnastics carpool. I was miserable and had a 100.5 fever. We assumed it was the flu.

3/11
Went to Urgent Care for a flu swab. I wanted to get on Tamiflu as soon as possible. The rapid test and chest X-ray were negative, but the doctor still felt it was the flu and gave me Tamiflu. This was appox 2-3 days before we realized Covid-19 was really coming for us and how important it was to slow the spread. After all, our dear orange leader was telling us that cases would go down, not up. Urgent Care did not have Covid tests and even if they did, I wouldn’t qualify for one because I had no known exposure. At this point, I was a little short of breath but not coughing much.

3/12
I just felt crummy. Very nauseous, short of breath and fever ranging from 99.5-100.7. Not the huge spike fever I had been reading about nor the acute cough. I’m asthmatic so I used my inhalers and took Tylenol.

3/13
Still had all the symptoms, but then a terrible headache came on right above my eyes. It felt like sinus pain, but was so much more intense. I took some Advil and drank coffee. I realized I had no sense of smell or taste. Everything was dry…my eyes, my nose, my mouth. Water didn’t moisten my mouth. Lots of trouble sleeping at night from general discomfort and nausea.

3/14
Fever broke and I felt better overall. I did laundry, cooked dinner for the family and assumed I was on the mend. Symptoms were still present, but I felt my breathing was better.

3/15
Woke up and the shortness of breath was back. Fever also returned and I was back to only having the energy to go to the bathroom. The dry cough started picking up steam. I called IDPH and again was told that I didn’t qualify for a test, having no known exposure. This was the screening question holding up so many tests. How could I have a known exposure when no one was getting tested?!

3/16
Breathing is worse. My doctor sent me a for a second chest X-ray which was again negative. His note to me said if fever and breathing issues persist, I should go to the ER. I was going to hold off until the following day, but I had three angels, also known as my “nurse friends” in a group text urging to me to go straight to the ER while there were still hospital beds and PPE. It was 10pm, but I knew they were right.

Husband dropped me off and a screening question had been added at admissions. “Have you been to any large events or gatherings?” Yes, I had been to a fundraiser with several hundred people, many of whom travel for work. This answer satisfied the screening. I was whisked through to triage. After triage I was put in a makeshift waiting room with metal chairs. The nurse told me it would be about TWO HOURS before I would be seen. There was no one else in this room. I knew there was no way I could sit in a metal chair for two hours. I wanted to collapse on the floor. After about ½ hour in, my nurse friends told me I needed to demand a gurney. One friend called the hospital and spoke to the ER for me. I told the nurse that I was going to leave. My friends begged me to stick it out and wait. Eventually I was taken to a storage room with another metal chair. The room was vented out and was serving as the ER Covid room. They told me I was going to be tested for both flu and covid. The ER dr. also thankfully did a CT scan of my lungs, took bloodwork and started me on fluids. On the way to my CT scan, I passed at least a dozen unused gurneys. It was explained that they couldn’t let me lay in one because they hadn’t yet been briefed on how to decontaminate them.

The CT scan came back showing significant double viral pneumonia. The ER dr. was convinced I had Covid-19, and without waiting for results, had me taken by ambulance to a hospital with a dedicated Covid Unit. At this point it was 4am and I was alone and I was scared. The drive was absolutely brutal. Every bump exacerbated my nausea and I fought with everything I had not to vomit all over myself.

3/17
I was brought straight to a negative pressure room at the top floor of the hospital with an attached hazmat decontaminating room. It was SCARY!! The nurse immediately started intake and hooked up oxygen. I was not going to be allowed visitors. My lungs felt like I was breathing in ground glass. I was sweating like crazy the entire time. The infectious disease specialist and hospitalist came by a few hours later and explained my CT scan results. They said the issue with this virus is that patients have pneumonia, but can’t expel the mucous with a productive cough. Hence the dry cough and the “drowning.” And because it’s viral, antibiotics aren’t effective. The nurses would call me about ½ hour before coming in to see what I needed so they could consolidate trips in to save on PPE. Later that day, I got the call that I was confirmed Covid positive. Even though it had been suspected for days, to hear that news was surreal. How could I have it? I didn’t know anyone with it.

3/18
Breathing was no better. I would have some energy to text friends and watch the news, but then suddenly all of the energy would drain and I’d have to nap. This has been a constant throughout the ordeal. I developed another brutal headache. I couldn’t open my eyes so they gave me opioids. I hadn’t eaten in days from the nausea so they put me back on IV fluids. Doctors assure me I’m going to be ok and my oxygen levels are good. I was convinced they were sugar coating things because I was struggling to breathe.

Watched the news and heard the story of the first fatality in IL. I was absolutely panicked. Breathing was so difficult, I couldn’t have phone conversations and if I did have one, it used up my speaking bandwidth for the day.

3/19
I start having stomach cramps. I was discharged because they needed the room for other Covid patients and there was nothing they could give me that I couldn’t give myself at home. Inhalers, Zofran for nausea and Sudafed for headache. Symptoms were still rough. Lungs were burning and breathing in too deeply resulted in coughing fits.

3/20
I’m in strict isolation at home. Too sick to eat or shower. Cough is the worst it’s been. Stomach cramps persist.

3/21
My legs are killing me. Not sure if it’s from laying down too much. They ache so much I take tylenol and just pace around my room. Breathing still rough. In the evening fever comes back. My skin feels like it’s slathered in icy hot. I’m dizzy and sweats are back.

3/22
Wake up DRY. My eyes hurt from the dryness. Breathing seems a little better but I don’t get excited because I’ve been down that road before. Stomach cramps are really intense. I then have diarrhea, like the rotavirus kind. How is it possible to have new and worsening symptoms on day 13??? Still insane nausea.

3/23
Woke up with tight chest and cough. Better midway throughout the day. Struggling to find foods that I can get down, but sense of taste is coming back. I’ve lost 9 lbs and am basically a bag of bones. Arms have the icy hot feeling pretty intensely today. The question when I go to sleep tonight is what crazy-ass symptom will tomorrow bring?

So, it turns out there were several people at a fundraiser benefit I attended on 3/7 who also tested Covid positive. Many of the guests travel for work. IDPH believes this is where I contracted the virus through community spread.

I’ve been told I need to quarantine 7 days from when I’m no longer symptomatic. At this rate, I’ll be in my room…well forever. I MISS MY FAMILY. I miss being able to breathe easily. I am not having the same quarantine experience as the rest of you.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1573 on: March 24, 2020, 01:01:11 PM »
Pretty much in line with other accounts I have seen.

Unfortunately, the ones that need to read and understand that, (cough cough) the White House (cough cough), won't. Instead, I am supposed to let my Dad die for the Dow.

Ugh, I'm getting angry. Time to stop.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1574 on: March 24, 2020, 01:12:41 PM »
Yesterday, The New England Journal of Medicine released "Fair Allocation of Scarce Medical Resources in the Time of Covid-19" to front line healthcare providers. It isn't a comforting read.  But this is what guides our doctors going forward. 

Treating people equally could be attempted by random selection, such as a lottery, or by a first-come, first-served allocation.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsb2005114?fbclid=IwAR1kA7VMtv-G6ZX1N-xl1yMpqS_bOGosIk9ySNbhCGcUWkj7UNUuL9J-2MQ

Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad