Author Topic: BRENNAN 2 CD ripper and Internet radio  (Read 1828 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
BRENNAN 2 CD ripper and Internet radio
« on: May 12, 2021, 11:21:36 AM »
I got one of these recently   you can burn and rip your cds to a hard drive and it has internet radio and can power speakers or Wireless Sonos type speakers. 
I got the 249G unit, it can hold about 2,500 cds, with no loss of sound degradation or compression, 'anyone else familiar with these units?
so far I love the damn thing as I am old Skool and have boxes and boxes of cds packed away and now I can get them into one unit.
I am so not a geek I hope I bought something cool here...

EV
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 08:12:22 PM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: BRENNAN 2 CD ripper and Internet radio
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 12:41:59 PM »
I took a completely different approach. Rather than ripping all of my CDs I just went to some torrent site, The Buccaneer Cove or some shit, and DL'ed complete discogs in 320. Actually ripping the CDs isn't so much the problem, but rather inputting all of the data. It's so much easier to let one conscientious person add all of the ID3 data for consistency. And since I already own all of the CDs, I'm not going to worry about ripping the artists off.

What I did splurge on was a $27 media player to hook up to my stereo. I've got plenty of external drives lying around, so I've got 1g of storage, minimal hiccups in the sound chain, and even visualizations because it's a standard Android box.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 12:51:58 PM »
Ripping a CD will gather all the ID3 info if you have an internet connection.  I've never had issues with that from ripping CDs unless it's something really obscure.

I have no idea what this device is, but it honestly sounds like something a PC can easily do.  I mean, I ripped all my CDs like 20 years ago to MP3 and have them stored on my hard drive and phone.  I don't buy much CDs these days, but when I do, ripping them to my PC and transferring to my phone has never been an issue including getting the correct tags.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 12:54:51 PM »
EV - perhaps you can describe your process for ripping which would be helpful. I have a s-load of CD's that I would like to rip.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 12:56:04 PM »
I'm in the process of the rip right now, lossless.  I just finished "The Tubes" and start "Twisted Sister" this evening (I still have to catch up on some DVDs from earlier artists).   

I'm going to be PUMPED when I'm done. 

FYI, I'm ripping via iTunes, and I use MKV and... I forget what other to rip DVDs/Blu-rays.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 01:00:32 PM »
Ripping a CD will gather all the ID3 info if you have an internet connection.  I've never had issues with that from ripping CDs unless it's something really obscure.

I have no idea what this device is, but it honestly sounds like something a PC can easily do.  I mean, I ripped all my CDs like 20 years ago to MP3 and have them stored on my hard drive and phone.  I don't buy much CDs these days, but when I do, ripping them to my PC and transferring to my phone has never been an issue including getting the correct tags.
I've experimented with that. My recollection was that for every CD I had to figure out which release it was for it to pick the right ID3 tags. A band like Priest or Maiden has released their stuff a gazillion times, so I'm having to selecte between Gull US, Gull Japan, Capitol Jupiter, etc.  I just decided it was more trouble than it was worth. Somebody else has already done the work, and bandwidth is cheap now. At this point ripping them yourself will never be as easy as just DL'ing the complete package from Plunderer Gulf.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 01:48:19 PM »
EV - perhaps you can describe your process for ripping which would be helpful. I have a s-load of CD's that I would like to rip.

Its very easy   u insert the disc  it reads it via internet for title and songs it then with one push it rips it to a hard drive  a cd takes about 4 minutes to rip and boom done   .  I hope that helps
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 01:50:26 PM »

Here is a link to their products   I got the B2 with 240g

https://thebrennan.com/

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 01:51:12 PM »

Hi Cram   I may need your IT help one day

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 01:51:46 PM »
here is a link to their products for everyone

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 01:59:06 PM »
I'm in the process of the rip right now, lossless.  I just finished "The Tubes" and start "Twisted Sister" this evening (I still have to catch up on some DVDs from earlier artists).   

I'm going to be PUMPED when I'm done. 

FYI, I'm ripping via iTunes, and I use MKV and... I forget what other to rip DVDs/Blu-rays.

I only have a laptop without a cd player , I wanted all my cds loaded at one source with no compression ,  I wanted the 480g but had a trouble getting one that wasnt over my budget  so I got the 240g one,  Im loving the ease of it and Im new to internet radio and loving it as a super bonus.  I love how the dashboard is on my laptop with just utting in a url and a dummy like me was able to figure out so much as it came with just a small "quick start" manual..

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 02:07:55 PM »

I've experimented with that. My recollection was that for every CD I had to figure out which release it was for it to pick the right ID3 tags. A band like Priest or Maiden has released their stuff a gazillion times, so I'm having to selecte between Gull US, Gull Japan, Capitol Jupiter, etc.  I just decided it was more trouble than it was worth. Somebody else has already done the work, and bandwidth is cheap now. At this point ripping them yourself will never be as easy as just DL'ing the complete package from Plunderer Gulf.

You may say it's easier to bittorrent, but the general PC user might not know how nor want to risk it.  (I bittorrent things myself, mostly TV shows these days and it's mostly easy but some of the websites are sketchy).  I personally find popping the CD in and letting the PC do the work pretty damn easy from my experience, even if you have to choose the right version.

Feel free to ask questions, I may not know the answer but you can always ask.

Looks nice, but wow that price tag... I know not everyone has a home PC with CD drive these days or the knowledge to set it all up, but I still think that's a better option than this stand alone device.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 02:12:24 PM »

You may say it's easier to bittorrent, but the general PC user might not know how nor want to risk it.  (I bittorrent things myself, mostly TV shows these days and it's mostly easy but some of the websites are sketchy).  I personally find popping the CD in and letting the PC do the work pretty damn easy from my experience, even if you have to choose the right version.

Feel free to ask questions, I may not know the answer but you can always ask.

Looks nice, but wow that price tag... I know not everyone has a home PC with CD drive these days or the knowledge to set it all up, but I still think that's a better option than this stand alone device.

Thanks bro   Im not a very facile guy on this sort of tech and all that   so to me this made it easy for me, they say the quality of this unit and no loss of quality of the sound is great.  I just wanted to share this B2 unit with everyone as many old timers like me are limited on all this tech stuff and its a fun thing to have,  I agree the price was harsh, I got the 240g one for about 470 but to me it was something I could justify as I have a zillion cds packed away and now Ill burn them and enjoy them

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 02:14:28 PM »
I guess my question is how this differs from using a PC to rip to a file? Is it faster than the traditionally way? What do you mean it goes to the internet? Will it sort the music by style for automatic playback for when your having Playboy Mansion parties?  :hat

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 02:16:46 PM »
I guess my question is how this differs from using a PC to rip to a file? Is it faster than the traditionally way? What do you mean it goes to the internet? Will it sort the music by style for automatic playback for when your having Playboy Mansion parties?  :hat
It does essentially the same thing, but his laptop doesn't have a CD drive. As for the internet, CD rippers download the track information from an online DB so that everything is properly tagged.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 02:18:20 PM »
if anyone is interested know that it does come with a remote also and you dont have to use a phone or laptop  but its so easy I could even do it

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 02:18:35 PM »

It seems like a simpler version.  The software is all there already, pop your CDs in and then you can listen to your collection on one device or stream it without setting things up yourself and having your own hardware such as a CD drive, hard drive, and your own software to stream it.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 02:21:04 PM »

The B2 connects to the internet with ease, it says it then reads the cd info from the internet , it then Ids the CD and says the title and songs and asks if you want to rip it? push the button and Boom   done   it also connects to wireless speakers if you want, it seems they promote sonos as the best pairing

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 02:23:04 PM »

It seems like a simpler version.  The software is all there already, pop your CDs in and then you can listen to your collection on one device or stream it without setting things up yourself and having your own hardware such as a CD drive, hard drive, and your own software to stream it.

exactly   and the internet radio for me was such a bonus   there is a THIN LIZZY dedicated channel I found   so stoked

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 04:28:35 PM »
I have all of my CDs on an external hard drive. Usually a couple of times a year, I'll sit and transfer everything I've bought in the interim.

But I don't use it as a listening device. I have two 160G iPods for that. As for listening to anything on my phone, I just use Spotify.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 08:05:30 PM »
I have all of my CDs on an external hard drive. Usually a couple of times a year, I'll sit and transfer everything I've bought in the interim.

But I don't use it as a listening device. I have two 160G iPods for that. As for listening to anything on my phone, I just use Spotify.

Thats light years above my geek abilities bro... Getting bluetooth to connect is an event in my world  LOL

Offline faizoff

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 09:39:49 PM »
This device does seem like a quick simple and painless way to rip CDs and store them without the hassle of tagging and organizing your collection. I do like it and would recommend to people who have a ton of CDs and would be daunted at self ripping. Like my dad would probably love this thing.

I myself have such a large collection and have painstakingly ripped and tagged and organized over the years, I think at least seriously since 2006 and treat my ripped collection like I do with my photos. triple back them up and have them available at different locations. Several years ago I did have a hard drive crash and lost all my rips and had to painfully rip everything again, while it was fun to get reacquainted with the CDS and the booklets, it was a chore.

It's why I back up the way I do, storage is cheap and you can never be too careful.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2021, 09:06:22 AM »
This device does seem like a quick simple and painless way to rip CDs and store them without the hassle of tagging and organizing your collection. I do like it and would recommend to people who have a ton of CDs and would be daunted at self ripping. Like my dad would probably love this thing.

I myself have such a large collection and have painstakingly ripped and tagged and organized over the years, I think at least seriously since 2006 and treat my ripped collection like I do with my photos. triple back them up and have them available at different locations. Several years ago I did have a hard drive crash and lost all my rips and had to painfully rip everything again, while it was fun to get reacquainted with the CDS and the booklets, it was a chore.

It's why I back up the way I do, storage is cheap and you can never be too careful.

Thank You for the Post... so far I like this unit alot, the sound on the ripped copies is perfect.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2021, 09:14:29 AM »
I love this Brennan 2 ... Id give it 5 stars