Author Topic: Puppies' Rush Roulette V.3 (Ultimate Post-Roulette Mega Rundown!)  (Read 81891 times)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Re: Puppies' Rush Roulette V.3 (Round 4 Hangmanen!/First Impressions!!1!)
« Reply #630 on: March 01, 2020, 04:35:18 PM »
Just as a sneak preview, there are only 2 songs this round that I don't really care for. The rest all rank from good to excellent. You guys are making this hard to decide on scores, I kind of want to rate most of the songs in the 8-10 range...

Also I keep coming up with ideas for the final round and then inevitably scrapping it. Not sure how I want to do it yet. Any suggestions? All I know is that I'm going to unceremoniously cut the bottom 5 participants.....maybe...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #631 on: March 01, 2020, 04:36:19 PM »
cut everyone except yourself and declare yourself the winner of the roulette

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #632 on: March 01, 2020, 04:47:30 PM »
 :lol I don't think that's ever been done before.

Also writeups have been started, if all goes well we could have the first half by tonight sometime.  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Re: Puppies' Rush Roulette V.3 (Round 4 Results Part 1)
« Reply #633 on: March 01, 2020, 05:49:40 PM »
Here's Part 1 of the Round 4 Results. The rest tomorrow evening.......or earlier if I feel like it.....

Train of Naught

Blueneck - Epiphany

First Impression - The first few minutes had me a bit worried

Theme - song’s ability to build on the same motif for a fairly long period of time. The song essentially uses just 2 riffs/motifs throughout its almost 8 minute run-time

The beginning of this song starts so slowly and moves so slowly I wasn't sure if there was going to be any payoff. Luckily there is a pretty big payoff and the song as a whole is beautiful. I'm not 100% sold on the vocals, but ultimately they fit the haunting quality of the music. This is definitely mood music for me. I have to be in the right frame of mind to fully enjoy this, but overall it's a fantastic song.

8.5/10

Bossk - Atom Smasher

First Impression - I could see myself mindlessly head banging to the first half of this.........but wut....??? The second half is interesting.

Theme - Cygnus is a star symbol (and the whole astronomical vibe the album seemingly gives off), Audio Noir is a very spacey album and the album cover also depicts stars and what looks to be a Milky Way

This is one of two songs this round that did absolutely nothing for me. I don't like how buried the vocals are in the mix or the overall vocal style. I also get, like a lot of people this round, how you were going for more trance-like, repetitive, slowly building songs, but this doesn't do it for me. The riffs in the first half are uninteresting at best and way too repetitive overall. At about the 2/3rds point of the song, things take a turn for the better and become more interesting. The problem is it's all just too little too late to salvage the song as a whole. I do like the soundscapes in the second half though.

4.5/10

Lethean

Kingcrow - Phlegethon

First Impression - Probably the most convincing song I've heard from this band.

Theme - Phlegethon is a river in the underworld in Greek mythology; Xanadu features the river Alph; which maybe isn't mythology but is fictional, and has a mythological feel.  You could also relate this one to Carve Away the Stone, which references some Greek mythology there too (Sisyphus rolling the rock up the hill)

Every time this song rolled back around on my playlist I was always surprised by something different that I hadn't picked out before. There are so many great things going on in this song. The other Kingcrow stuff I've heard prior to this never moved or challenged me like this song. There's technicality, but not at the expense of song writing. There' fantastic variety, but not at the expense of memorable melodies. Just the way the song progresses is impressive every time I hear it. The vocals might be the only weak part, but only in parts. For the most part the vocals work well. The gang vocals in the chorus are particularly awesome. Then the lead vocals over the top work wonders for the song. It's a fun song that I will be revisiting to unravel more tidbits from in the future. I suppose I should finally check out the album it's from in full...

9/10

_________

Triosphere - Driven

First Impression - I've heard of this band....this is not the kind of music I thought they did. I went in expecting something completely different.

Theme - Song title

Why did I think this band was a Jazz Fusion band? Oh, I was confusing it with Trioscapes, the band started by Dan Briggs from BtBaM. Anyway, this song is a fantastic piece of Power/Prog. The riffs are heavy and great, the guitar leads have this awesome flair to them, not to mention the cool harmonized guitars sprinkled throughout. This is what I like it power metal or power/prog. The vocals are just right, not too whiny, not too gruff, with just the right amount of falsetto. The best part might be the awesome melodies that are used. Great great song!

9.2/10

Nekov

Lonely Robot - Construct/Obstruct

First Impression - Good Melodies, but perhaps a little bland.

Theme - lyrical similarities with A Farewell to Kings

I'm quite familiar with Lonely Robot, I just never got around to this album. Their latest was my favorite and the middle album was decent. This one is leaning more towards the latter. I like it, but I feel like they really found themselves with their last album. The melodies are there, but the execution is a bit lacking. One thing I do especially like here is the atmospheric guitar leads that are dropped in here and there. Reminds me a bit of Rush's Ghost of a Chance. At least tonally. Overall I was kind of hoping for more from this, but wasn't really disappointed either. It's a good song.

7.5/10

Lonely Robot - The Boy in the Radio

First Impression - It's decent, but it seems like this is one of those bands that got stronger with each successive album.

Theme - Similar to Virtuality, it talks about the isolation in the modern world and the communication through technology.

This one didn't have the memorable melodies that Construct/Obstruct had, at least to me. That guitar tone is still present that I like and the leads are interesting and nice and are probably functionally better than the ones in the other song. I don't like the vocal melodies/phrasing nearly as much, though. They seem a little lackluster and bland, lacking emotion at times. I know John Mitchell is capable of so much better. Just see the newest Lonely Robot album or his Frost* albums, or Kino. It's not a bad song, but when comparing it to his other material it's a bit lacking.

6.8/10

Ariich

Richard Henshall - Limbo

First Impression - This is a nice atmospheric buildup

Theme - same name as a song from Test for Echo, but also it's very different to Lunar Room - much more of a chilled, post-rock vibe - which links to your point about TfE being a diverse album

What a nice build up and functionally this works as almost an intro to the next song, but not really (more on that in the Lunar Room write up). As it's own song, it's fine. Nothing super exciting happens, but the soundscapes it uses, plus the lead guitars, makes it kind of like an old friend or the comfort of a warm blanket on a snowy day (yeah, I know this sounds weird, but it works for me). I guess you would call it a post-rock vibe. Anyway, I digress. I like the song. Unlike the next one....

8/10
_________

Richard Henshall - Lunar Room

First Impression - What are these vocals?

Theme - Lunar Room links to your great description of Cygnus X-1. Lunar Room isn't quite as long, but there's something kind of hypnotic about it (same with all the longer songs on the album) and it's essentially in three sections each of which builds and develops on a riff or theme

Let's get one thing out of the way right off the bat, I don't like this.....at all....It suffers from what I like to call Scarsick syndrome (see Pain of Salvation). It almost feels like it's trying to be edgy and hip. It comes across as forced. Are there parts that I like? Sure! There are some cool melodies and jingly guitars, along with some nice jazzy parts. Are there parts I hate? Absolutely! The vocals for the most part are bad. The hip hoppish parts are annoying at best and cringe-worthy at worst. My god, do those two aspects completely ruin the song for me....

4/10

TAC

Ravage - The King Forgotten

First Impression - This is cheesy in a Bal-Sagoth kind of way.....no wait, scrap that, this is just uber cheese.

Theme - A farewell to a king...a king forgotten

Cheesy this may be, but there are some fantastic riffs and melodies here. I have no problem with the Bal-Sagoth-like spoken word at the beginning. Yes it's cheesy, but so what. The rest of the vocals are decent enough and work for the song. Some head banging stuff throughout this song. Some comparisons could be made to Iron Maiden with the harmonized guitar parts and leads. I love it!

9/10
_________

Aephamener - Sisyphus' Bliss

First Impression - The vocals aren't great, but there is something here....

Theme - Sisyphus is parenthetically mentioned in Carve Away the Stone's lyrics

The vocals here are pretty much the worst that Symphonic Death Metal has to offer. OK, maybe not that bad, but they aren't good. The music is though. Even though the symphonic elements sound super artificial, the melodies are still good. It's too bad the vocals are almost constant in the song. I kept wishing for the guy to just shut up. Oh wait it's a girl doing the growls. Well she isn't good. I see she also plays guitar, which she seems good at. Hire a better vocalist and stick to what you are good at.

6.5/10

Kattelox

MASTER BOOT RECORD - IRC

First Impression - :icwomangs:

Theme - something adventurous. "All instruments are synthesized. The artist claims that a computer itself has made all of the music as if it is sentient." This is the shit the NOMACs should have been blasting out.

This was the song of the round. There aren't really any words to accurately describe this. You just have to listen to it to fully understand. Everything about it was amazing. The fact that it's an instrumental and I still like it this much is a testament to how good the song is. I imagine this won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it's still worth checking out...

9.9/10

Majestica - Spaceballs

First Impression - :rollin Was I just trolled?

Theme -  something that's also a bit of a 'departure' from what they typically do

I saw the name of the song and thought, naw it can't be the theme song to the movie Spaceballs. Lo and Behold! It is! I know you seemed to get a little upset with my first impression of this, it was all in good fun, though. I didn't mean for my comment to come off like I hated the song. This was the only song this round that immediately brought a huge smile to my face. Not only is Spaceballs one of my favorite (dumb) comedies of all time, the music in that movie is good too! This just brings back memories of watching this movie when I was a kid. The music is super 80's rock sounding, but at the same time it's awesomely cheesy too. This song is not meant to be taken too seriously and it's all the more enjoyable when you remember that fact.

9/10
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #634 on: March 01, 2020, 05:54:55 PM »

I actually wasn't upset with the impression whatsoever btw. I literally had no idea what to send and I just played it so I thought screw it, Pup is getting that. Didn't know you liked Spaceballs either so man, lucky me I guess  :rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #635 on: March 01, 2020, 06:08:05 PM »
90% sure i tried listening to something from master boot record before and didn't like it at all, hmm

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: March 01, 2020, 06:13:24 PM »
Cyril the entire time you've had that avatar I keep mistaking that headphone thing for a weird alien or possibly goat-like eyeball
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #637 on: March 01, 2020, 06:18:41 PM »
I think it is an eyeball...
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #638 on: March 01, 2020, 06:27:35 PM »
there is no headphone in my avatar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #639 on: March 01, 2020, 06:53:32 PM »
I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #640 on: March 01, 2020, 06:56:00 PM »
I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.
Just don't go jumping out of the ATC tower.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #641 on: March 01, 2020, 11:47:26 PM »
I absolutely did not pick a slow building song with Atom Smasher, it’s literally the only song on that album that imo does not do that. It’s the one song I consider their ‘hit’ as it’s just a song stuffed with (imo) super cool riffs. The album is basically one song with slow building motifs like the end of this one, very similar in a lot of ways to Suspended In Reflections by Ancestors.

TL;DR: you don’t like Bossk? :bosk1:

I think it is an eyeball...
I’m also on team ‘think it is an eyeball’
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #642 on: March 01, 2020, 11:59:03 PM »
train

your sig

noooooooooo  :rollin

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #643 on: March 02, 2020, 12:03:49 AM »
bringing back the most legendary post in DTF history in honor of that

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #644 on: March 02, 2020, 12:09:22 AM »
L’mao

I was bored one morning and decided I wanted to re-read some of that roulette and realize we’ll probably never have as much fun in a roulette as we had there
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #645 on: March 02, 2020, 12:10:59 AM »
maybe i'll run a roulette where i don't actually listen to the songs, do writeups only about the band/song names and album covers, and give every song a 10/10 and everyone in the thread acts like it's a completely normal roulette

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #646 on: March 02, 2020, 01:06:58 AM »
maybe i'll run a roulette where i don't actually listen to the songs, do writeups only about the band/song names and album covers, and give every song a 10/10 and everyone in the thread acts like it's a completely normal roulette
Too late, that's what I've been doing this whole time. I don't even like music.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #647 on: March 02, 2020, 01:16:30 AM »
can't believe you won my roulette by submitting songs you've never even listened to

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #648 on: March 02, 2020, 03:06:04 AM »
Why I'm always in part 2?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #649 on: March 02, 2020, 04:29:49 AM »
I'm sinking faster than the Titanic here  :lol

I don't really like what I have lined up for next round either. I'll do some revision on that while the next batch of results come.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #650 on: March 02, 2020, 08:22:07 AM »
Why I'm always in part 2?
I've been putting results up in random order. It's nothing personal. You've just happened to be in part 2 every time so far.  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #651 on: March 02, 2020, 08:48:04 AM »
Pfff I don't believe that :D
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #652 on: March 02, 2020, 08:51:47 AM »

He could have at least given some of them light 10s or strong 10s :neverusethis:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #653 on: March 02, 2020, 12:57:49 PM »
 :corn :soon:

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #654 on: March 02, 2020, 01:37:26 PM »

thanks for sharing that once again, it needs to be celebrated at least once a year
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: March 02, 2020, 01:55:34 PM »

thanks for sharing that once again, it needs to be celebrated at least once a year

This is the third time I've looked at that post. Still not sure if it's real.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #656 on: March 02, 2020, 03:26:02 PM »
Oh, man. You should read through the entire thread. It’s a legendary roulette.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #657 on: March 02, 2020, 03:30:04 PM »

I'm going to top it by not only not eliminating anyone in my current round but bringing back everybody who got eliminated for the concept album and EVERYONE will win! :neverusethis:

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #658 on: March 02, 2020, 07:15:59 PM »

I'm going to top it by not only not eliminating anyone in my current round but bringing back everybody who got eliminated for the concept album and EVERYONE will win! :neverusethis:
:kvlt:  :lhk:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
you can't update the thread title before posting. that's breaking the law

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Round 4 Results Part 2!

Stadler

Cheap Trick - Way of the World

First Impression - pretty sure I've heard this before, especially that ending part. I'm just not sure where.

Theme - song from a "classic record"

I don't think I will ever be a big Cheap Trick fan. I never really liked their hits and this song isn't really doing anything to convert me. To be fair it's a decent little tune, but probably not something that I would ever come back to, at least not often. I do like the second half quite a bit and the chorus is super familiar. I'm sure I've heard this somewhere before. Possibly when I was a kid at home. My dad is a fan of Cheap Trick so probably then.

6/10

Cheap Trick - Eight Miles Low

First Impression - this song just kind of passed by with nothing really memorable standing out

Theme - song from a later, perhaps misdirected (or maligned) record, that I feel deserves to be heard.

This song is less appealing to me than the other Cheap Trick song. I'm not fond of the vocal melodies or the lyrics in general. Is this the same vocalist? Besides, at least to me, nothing really stands out. The melodies aren't particularly memorable and every time I hear it, I can't remember any of it after it's over. I'm probably just getting senile though. :lol

5/10

Elite (used 1st free choice card)

Blindead - S1

First Impression - this sounds completely different from the other stuff I've heard from this band. Not sure how it's going to sit with me.

Theme - FREE CHOICE CARD

Oh boy, this finally hit me like a ton of bricks around my 3rd or 4th listen. This is just so good. I knew there was a reason why I gave their Affliction album a 5 star rating. This may be stylistically different, but it's no less awesome! The build up and payoff/climax just seem so huge and satisfying. There is multiple build ups and releases which builds tension before the ultimate climax. It's beautifully done. I like the vocals, they sound a bit like a more emotive Jonas Renkse. Speaking of Katatonia, there is definitely some similarities to the music as well. The chord progressions and use of the minor scale are prominent. I love the keyboard work too. It's so atmospheric. Overall it's a great song, front to back. It came so close to the best song of the round. The only thing that held it back for me was the ending, seemed a little out of place. Oh well.

9.8/10

Blindead - Ascend

First Impression - this has tons of great moments but I'm not sure they should all be in the same song.

Theme - FREE CHOICE CARD

So I think I just need to go out and buy all of Blindead's albums. This is a very similar vibe to S1. Only different. There's a bit of a Rammstein vibe that I get from this at times. Maybe it's the keyboards at the beginning (which I like). Maybe it's the explosive parts that come in from time to time. Anyway, I like it.....no, I love it. I know I said in my first impression that I wasn't sure about all the differing aspects of this song, but the more I listened the more it all gelled together. If ever there was a band that was playing modern Progressive Doom, this is it.

8.8/10

Tomislav

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence

First Impression - there's another band from the same time period that did this style miles better.

Theme - the band took 1 year long hiatus after this album so I guess it counts :D

This is like Death, but not as good. Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty good, but I feel like it doesn't quite have the same distinction and identity as Death did. If that makes any sense whatsoever..... I think it all boils down to song writing. Whereas Chuck Schuldiner was a brilliant guitarist and song writer, I don't think this is quite up to that standard. Having said all that, it's still fairly enjoyable, I just can't stop comparing it to Death, which is to it's detriment...

7/10

Hypocrisy - War-path

First Impression - heavy and yet atmospheric and melodic

Theme - kind of science fiction base like Cygnus X1

This is more like it! Some hard hitting Melodic Death Metal, with a touch of Tech Death. Some great riffs, great song writing, great intense drumming. It's compact and doesn't overstay it's welcome. Now it may not be the most original thing in the world, but I would definitely listen to it again and probably the whole album. I guess it's time to dig in to this band, since you sent me a song by them in my first roulette and I liked that one too.

8/10

Cyril

Maieutiste - Universum

First Impression - That build up in the second half is something else

Theme - repetitive rhythms

I see what you are going for here. The second half I connected with immediately. The first half took some more time, but it now works for me quite well. For working off of fairly repetitive riffing for the first half they do a good job of making it sound interesting. The second half is still much better in my opinion. They do pretty much the same thing only much much better. Just the way it builds is nothing short of brilliant. The change up in vocal style is also extremely fitting. Overall a great song.

8.7/10

The Physics House Band - Death Sequence I

First Impression - This doesn't sound like Rush at all...

Theme - sonically diverse and instrumentally proficient & i'd guess probably has elements of sounding like rush

Hey Rush never used any Saxophones.... This may not sound like Rush, but damn if it isn't fun and interesting. It's got a great Jazzy/Mathy style to it, with a great atmosphere, which you don't often find in the aforementioned styles. Plus Saxophone makes just about anything better. Not much else to say about it. It's nothing over the top amazing or original, but it has some aspects that stand out.

8.3/10

Romdrums

Oceanic - Arabic Spring

First Impression - I see the comparisons you made, but I'm not sure it's doing anything for me

Theme - Canadian trio. My immediate impression was, "what if Rush was coming up now, and they had listened to Primus and Animals as Leaders?" Rush in the 70's was all about playing and pushing it as far as they could on their instruments.  A Farewell to Kings, as an album, is basically Rush stretching out and really being adventurous.  This song, and the whole album, honestly, captures that vibe.  These guys are players.

This song revealed itself over repeated listens. I still don't think it's amazing, but definitely good. Instrumental music, a lot of the time, I have a hard time truly connecting with. I like the bass tone, it's very noticeable right off the bat. The guitar tone is also pretty sexy. I could easily see this as an amalgamation of Primus and Animals as Leaders. There's some interesting and tasty lead guitar parts too. They could perhaps stand to let loose with some flashier/melodic leads here and there, but perhaps that isn't their style.

7.5/10

_________

Neko Case - Hell-On

First Impression - Interesting lyrics, but musically it went in one ear and right out the other. :dunno:

Theme - someone once said of Rush that the 70's for them was about getting proficient at their instruments, the 80's were about them getting more proficient at arranging, and the 90's was about them focusing on songwriting.  I love the song itself, but the arrangement is really interesting to me: very progressive and unconventional.

Perhaps the hardest song of the round for me to unravel. It's not technical or inaccessible or anything like that, but it has a bit of a different vibe. The first time I heard it I couldn't remember a single bit of it. It did open up a lot on successive listens. I mean there isn't any chorus or repeated motifs exactly, but there is a very nice progression from the beginning to the end. There is also a lot of subtleties that begin to stand out on repeated listens too. In short I think I love this song now. Time to buy another album....

9/10

Scores

Romdrums - 17, 16.75, 18.7, 16.5 = 68.95
Train - 18.5, 19, 16.7, 13 = 67.2
Cyril - 15.25, 18.25, 16.5, 17 = 67
Kattelox - 17.5, 14.7, 14.2, 18.9 = 65.3
Tomislav - 16, 16, 16.5, 16 = 64.5
Nekov - 17, 16, 14.8, 14.3 = 62.1
Elite - 10.5, 16, 17, 18.6 = 62.1
Lethean - 13.5, 16.5, 11, 18.2 = 59.2
Ariich - 16.25, 17.25, 12.5, 12 = 58
Stadler - 14, 16.3, 14.2, 11 = 55.5
TAC - 11, 11, 17.2, 16 = 55.2
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
yeah bois, holding steady  :metal
ready to send my next 8.X's in the next round, once the writeups are up
i've tried getting into blindead's other albums but even after repeated spins none of the ones i checked out did much for me

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
OK, inbox is clear, so you guys can actually pm me the next round submissions now  :blush whoopsie
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
damn, could've saved the physics house band for this round and meet the "instrumental" portion of that theme i guess, welp  :lol
i need to figure out how to meet one of the criteria for that one. i think i've already blown my "best" song to try and match the "perfect" criteria though  :P
and the only epic i had lined up. and the only instrumental i had lined up. we'll figure out something  :lol
"emotionally charged" is piss-easy though

edit: aaaaand sent
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:29:46 PM by Cyril »

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
a 9.8 !? :o

Wow, that's better than expected honestly, glad you liked it! I toyed with sending b6 from the same album as well, since that one is quite a bit heavier too. I think their Affliction album is better than Absence or Ascension, since their sound changed from the sludgy, doom-metal stuff that was on Affliction towards a mix of different styles (see s1).
Squ