Author Topic: Puppies' Rush Roulette V.3 (Ultimate Post-Roulette Mega Rundown!)  (Read 81927 times)

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Puppies' Rush Roulette V.3 (Round 1 First Impressions!)
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2020, 08:54:41 AM »
So, Friday basically  :lol
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2020, 09:05:57 AM »
both of the current roulettes are going so slowly I'm tempted to make my roulette now just to have some activity, even though I have more than enough music to keep me busy :P

gimme the bad score pup
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2020, 09:32:07 AM »
both of the current roulettes are going so slowly I'm tempted to make my roulette now just to have some activity, even though I have more than enough music to keep me busy :P

gimme the bad score pup
I'd like to play in yours but three at once might be a stretch for me (especially as Pup's requires a reasonable amount of thinking!) so I'd definitely prefer you to hold off for now unless you're really keen to go.

On a related note, I'm thinking I'll probably be ready for my next roulette sometime in the spring.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2020, 09:42:59 AM »
Doesn’t exactly motivate me to do roulettes anymore when 1 round per week is considered slow tbh
At least it’s almost over :corn
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2020, 09:45:09 AM »
tbf there was a loooong break for the holidays in your roulette which made that round in particular feel long

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2020, 09:49:40 AM »
I'm just busting balls, it's not that slow :)

Rich, I can hold off for a while. I'd prefer to tbh because I have so much to listen to as is. That will actually make the next roulette fun because you fuckers will have to try to keep me engaged with your submissions while I'm checking out other stuff. That might factor into scoring...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2020, 07:38:49 PM »
Doesn’t exactly motivate me to do roulettes anymore when 1 round per week is considered slow tbh
At least it’s almost over :corn
Yeah, seriously. My first round just started Monday.  :\

On a related note. Most likely no results tonight, on account of me working super late. Still working as a matter of fact... :(
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2020, 07:41:40 PM »

gimme the bad score pup
I'd like to play in yours but three at once might be a stretch for me (especially as Pup's requires a reasonable amount of thinking!) so I'd definitely prefer you to hold off for now unless you're really keen to go.

Don't be a pussy ariich.  ;D Go for it K-lox!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2020, 07:43:46 PM »

gimme the bad score pup

Don't be a pussy ariich.  ;D Go for it K-lox!
I wonder how long ariich is going to ban you for calling him a pussy  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2020, 07:46:34 PM »
It's simply easier for him to beat me in yet ANOTHER roulette. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2020, 07:57:16 PM »
moar roulettes plz

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2020, 08:18:39 PM »
We'll see how bored I get this weekend :corn

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2020, 08:21:37 PM »
We'll see how bored I get this weekend :corn

Mr. Excitement, you're either ready or not. Let's f'n go!

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #223 on: February 07, 2020, 12:57:12 AM »
Just a reminder, if you want to use any of the bands from this round for a later round, you will have to PM me before results go up. After that, all bands getting at least a 7/10 are banned going forward.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2020, 01:12:31 AM »
I want to use all the bands that score 7/10 or higher I'm the  next round

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2020, 07:48:44 AM »
I want all the bands too
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2020, 08:01:41 AM »
You'll have to be a little more specific  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2020, 08:10:59 AM »
I want a hunnabands :neverusethis:

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2020, 12:17:48 PM »
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2020, 07:05:09 PM »

Nekov got 0/10 on both songs, everyone else gets 10/10. Happy days!  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2020, 07:16:20 PM »
aww but i wanted a 4/10

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2020, 07:50:09 PM »
Cyril gets his score amended to 4/10, per request.

I will honor all requests for a different score than what you receive, provided that you ask for a lower score than what I give you  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2020, 07:56:46 PM »
So I can get two 9’s instead of the 10’s you were going to give me??

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2020, 07:57:53 PM »
damn, and here i thought i was cheating my way into a higher score

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Re: Puppies' Rush Roulette V.3 (Round 1 Results Part 1/Send for Round 2)
« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2020, 07:59:09 PM »
OK, results in 2 parts. The second part to come later tonight. These are in no particular order.

TAC

Tanith - Wing of the Owl

First Impression - Groovy old school sound. Not sure about some of the vocals.

Theme - Fits lyrically with Fly by Night; Has a similar 70's rock feel

This is one of those songs that both got better and got more annoying the more I listened to it. It's hard to quantify. I like the overall feel of the song, the groove, and the music in general. This all became more enjoyable ever time I listened to it. The vocals on the other hand got more annoying each time I listened to it. I'm not really sure where that leaves me, but I suppose I have to give it a rating of some kind.

7/10

Ghostfire - The Last Steampunk Waltz

First Impression - I see what you were going for here, but other than the cool bass-line, there just isn't much here to grab on to. Perhaps more listens will bring out more enjoyment

Theme - Steampunk lyrics, fitting with Clockwork Angels

This is one of those songs I wanted to like just based on the title. The problem is the song is very.....bland? Samey? One-note? I mean, all three really.... The bass-line does have a cool groove to it, but that is essentially the only redeeming quality to this song. Not to say it's a terrible song, it's just not good or interesting. Oh, and there is this "atmospheric?" sound that the song starts with that is there in the background throughout the entire song and it gets super annoying and grating.

4/10

Nekov

Dream the Electric Sleep - Let the Light Flood In

First Impression - This sounds remarkably similar to the Clockwork Angels sound.

Theme - Similar musically to Clockwork Angels, powerful bass tone, guitar parts that alternate between clean melodies and powerful riffs.

Not the first time I've received this band in a roulette. I'm not quite sure why I haven't checked this band out in full yet. Every time I hear them, I really like it. This song is no different. This is just overall a very pleasant listen. There are a lot of similarities song-writing-wise that is very similar to Rush, which I appreciate. The second half of the song has a very upbeat and bright sound which I really like and that short instrumental break is awesome. Vocally and lyrically I like this a lot too.

9/10

Dream the Electric Sleep - We Smell Blood

First Impression - Great second half, boring first half

Theme - Lyrically fits the fantasy theme

This one also has a much better second half, just like Let the Light Flood In, and it may be even better than the second half of that song. The problem is the first half falls almost completely flat for me both musically and lyrically. Although the bass groove is pretty tight throughout the song. From about the 2:50 mark, the song just takes off in to the stratosphere and goes through a lot of cool parts.

8/10

Train of Naught

Gold - Taken By Storm

First Impression - I wasn't expecting that!

Theme - Lyrical similarities to BU2B

Taking in to account the band name and album cover, this is not at all what I was expecting. I was expecting some terrible synth pop or something like that. This is so much better than I could have ever hoped for. The progression of the song, the variety of styles, both musically and vocally, the lighter parts mixed with just the right amount of heaviness. It all wraps up neatly in to a fantastic 5 minute song that covers a lot of ground. I can't really find anything wrong with it, other than the lyrics getting a tiny bit repetitive. This song reminds me a lot, at least stylistically, to No Dog by Esben and the Witch (which turned in to a favorite song, the rest of that album isn't so great). This may turn in to an all time favorite song too! I hope the rest of the album is close to as good as this song.

9.75/10

Sâver - Dissolve to Ashes

First Impression - For a genre that seems to get more and more boring as time goes on, this is surprisingly engaging.

Theme - Lyrically similar to Clockwork Angels, sort of.

This song is a slow burner, that's for sure. However, once it gets going it hits hard and sounds pretty unique. Especially for a genre that is almost as stagnant as Djent. I love the keyboard sounds in this as well as the guitar tones, plus that minimal use of the flanger on the guitars is pretty neat. The way this builds reminds me, in a way, of how some of Tool's songs move and change and progress in to a heavy climax, so it has that going for it. It's probably why I never find this dull or boring. The harsh vocals could be better, but that's only nit-picking.

8.75/10

Tomislav

Camel - The White Rider

First Impression - Sounds like a cross between Pink Floyd, Van der Graaf Generator, and King Crimson

Theme - Lyrically similar to Rivendell, as both are based on Lord of the Rings.

This is a band that I have been intending on getting in to for a very long time, like 15 years. I've just never jumped in. I think this song will motivate me to finally do just that. In addition to the bands I mentioned in my first impression, I get hints of The Moody Blues in this as well. This is definitely a sound of it's time and it's a sound I like. I like it so much that it hardly feels like over 9 minutes have passed once the song is over. Anyway, lots of cool guitar leads and drum parts. The bass is sort of low in the mix, but definitely audible and enjoyable. The keyboards do tend to lean hard in to the 70's prog rock cheese at times, but not too often. It's a fun song overall

8.5/10

The Sword - Tres Brujas

First Impression - This is a rockin' and riffin' song!

Theme - Lyrics with an adventurous science fiction narrative.

I'm pretty sure I heard this album back when it was first released, but I don't remember a thing from it. Just like my first impression says, this song rocks! Plus the riffage is awesome too! It's a fairly simple song, but it makes me want to revisit this album. The vocals aren't the greatest, but they are passable.

7.5/10

Kattelox

Wolfmother - Victorious

First Impression - Reminds me a bit of a band called The Parlor Mob

Theme - Stylistically similar to the Fly By Night album sound

This song is like if The Parlor Mob leaned more heavily in to their 70's hard rock influences, like Led Zeppelin and Mountain. I like it. And, Kat, you should check out The Parlor Mob's album And You Were a Crow. On second thought, let me send it in your upcoming roulette. Anyway, this is just a cool song, with a great sound and some fun to sing parts.

8/10

Unreqvited - Meadows of Elysium

First Impression - :icwomangs:

Theme - Feeling of beauty similar to The Garden. Sounds like it could be a spiritual successor to it.

OK, so this song......What a build up!! The sounds in this song, they just, I don't know, they evoke a lot of good feelings in me. I love it! I'm not even sure how to describe it any better than that. The uplifting nature mixed with the styles reminds me of Saor a lot. Only difference being Saor uses more Celtic music sounds and influences. The only drawback I can think of would be, I wish they leaned a little more heavily in to the black metal sound in the heavier parts. It would have made the whole song a bit more impactful (is that even a word?). Either way, great great song!

9.5/10

Elite

Major Parkinson - Night Hitcher

First Impression - This song is just kind of there and the vocals aren't great.

Theme - Going off of my thoughts on the albums

So this song, just no. The musical choices, the vocal delivery, the overall repetitiveness. Ugh, just no. Sorry, but this does not work for me on any level. The one redeeming quality is how the keyboards pick up in the second half. Without that this song would be scored much worse. Also the song is about 3 minutes too long. Which is pretty bad for a 5 minute song. Sorry...

4/10
_________

Major Parkinson - Isabel: A Report to an Academy

First Impression - This song has a lot going on, a lot of which I like. The vocals are just ok, though.

Theme - Going off of my thoughts on the albums

Much better than Night Hitcher, but again the vocal delivery is just not for me. The female vocals somewhat save the vocals, but they are too few and far between. If she had more time to shine, I'd probably like this song more. At least this song has way more variety and a better overall progression, but this song in no way justifies it's 9:41 runtime. It's, like Night Hitcher, about 3 minutes too long. Which isn't as bad, since only a third of it should be lopped off, instead of more than half.

6/10

:corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2020, 08:02:40 PM »
My Tanith theme also references an owl in the title.  ;D

I just got steam punk’d!

I’ll send R2 tomorrow. No power tonight.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2020, 08:11:52 PM »
 :hat

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2020, 08:21:06 PM »
saving the worst for last i see  :corn
excited to get to that gold album on my daily recommendations thread now. and maybe i should check out that unreqvited song again i guess  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2020, 08:47:21 PM »
Sent the winners for round 2

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2020, 08:50:08 PM »
from the descriptions you gave, i get the impression you want us to send bad songs with inconsistent writing?  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2020, 08:53:45 PM »
WOW the shade

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Re: Puppies' Rush Roulette V.3 (Round 1 Results Part 2/Send for Round 2)
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2020, 11:59:35 PM »
Romdrums

Gogo Penguin - Seven Sons of Bjorn

First Impression - The overall sense of progression in this song is much appreciated

Theme - Much like Anthem, this song is a declaration of intent

I received a different Gogo Penguin song in my first roulette. It was merely OK. This one however is much more to my liking. It has a great sense of progression from one part to the next. This is important for Jazz styles of music. Each part is varied, but flows well from one to the next. I like the post-rock tendencies that are sprinkled throughout too. As with a lot of instrumental music, I wouldn't find myself listening to this often, but I think I will give the album a go (go penguin :neverusethis: )

8/10
_________

Toska - A Tall Order

First Impression - I like the approach to the songwriting here

Theme - Power Trio with instrumental interplay, a huge mix, with technicality and power.

This is instrumental Progressive Metal much in the vein of Poly-Math and Night Verses. It's less about being super technical (it is technical, just not in the "look at how many notes I can play in each bar" kind of way) and noodley on your instruments. This is the type of instrumental music I gravitate to these days. I love the chunky bass tone and the progressive nature of the song writing. There's lots of stuff similar to the aforementioned bands, as well as Tool, Mastodon, etc. There's a section about 2/3rds of the way through that reminds me of an atmospheric sludge band, but I can't think of which one it is. Anyway, this is awesome, and forget what I said in the writeup for the Gogo Penguin song, I will be reaching for this often.

9/10

Cyril

Raiju - Road Trip Dragon Adventure

First Impression - This is not at all what I was expecting

Theme - Lyrically about roadtrips and adventures

I was totally expecting some anime theme song crap with a song title and band name like that. Instead I get Protest the Hero mixed with Dance Gavin Dance. And quite frankly this song kicks all kinds of ass. Protest the Hero hasn't been this adventurous in ages. Enough said.

9.5/10

_________

Equipoise - Ecliptic/Squall of Souls

First Impression - I'm starting to get annoyed by the constant use of fretless bass in this genre

Theme - Fantasy/Steampunk conceptual lyrics

The intro (Ecliptic) is pleasant enough (I actually quite like it and wish that section was longer), but the transition to the actual song feels a little lacking or uninspired, if I'm being completely honest. The actual song gets ruined about 20 seconds in. That fretless bass, oh my, that tone is just gross (in a bad (yes terrible) way). I get that technical death metal was pioneered on fretless bass many years ago and I like a lot of those bands that used it. The problem here is the tone and execution. The tone sounds like a dying dog and the song writing and note choices for the bass is just completely wrong. If this song had no bass at all it would be better. The rest of the song is fairly standard technical death metal in the vein of a lot of early to mid 2000's era tech death bands. I like it. On the other hand, the tone on the guitar leads is pretty awesome. The keyboard work is also well done. The drums and vocals are standard tech death affair.

5.75/10

Lethean

Labyrinth - Moonlight

First Impression - Fairly bog standard for this genre

Theme - feeling of new beginnings and setting off on a new chapter

This about as vanilla as power metal gets for me. There is nothing wrong with it. It's all played well, everyone does their job adequately, the song progresses naturally, yadda yadda yadda. Here's my problem with it, there's no heart, no soul, no feel. At least it comes across that way to me. There isn't really anything offending, it just doesn't speak to me.

5/10
________

Soundgarden - The Day I Tried to Live

First Impression - Some great sing-a-long parts to this

Theme - Some of the lyrical themes relate to themes in Clockwork Angels, just darker.

I've heard this song before, many many years ago, when I was a kid on the radio. I'm actually more familiar with the Between the Buried and Me cover of this. I like this more than the cover. I like Chris Cornell's vocal delivery much more, he truly was a force to be reckoned with on the mic. I do get he was kind of an acquired taste, though you can't deny his talent. I like singing along to this, it's a fun one! I like the way you tied this in with the Clockwork Angels lyrics. I can see it.

8.5/10

Ariich

Kepler Ten - Time and Tide

First Impression - Getting some major Muse vibes from this

Theme - Sense of adventure in their music, lots of sci-fi/fantasy stuff. The album these songs are from is both the band finding its feet. Sentimental lyrics.

This is just Muse exploring their heavier side, right? Seriously this is the direction Muse should have gone in post Black Holes and Revelations, instead of them wallowing in mediocrity for the last 14 years. I love this song, though. Love the keyboard sounds (very Muse-ish), the vocals melodies, the guitar melodies, the melodies in general. I love a song with a strong melody. Have I said melody enough yet?

Melody/10 err 9.25/10

Kepler Ten - Swallowtail

First Impression - Not getting any Muse vibes from this

Theme - Sense of adventure in their music, lots of sci-fi/fantasy stuff. The album these songs are from is both the band finding its feet. Sentimental lyrics.

This doesn't sound like Muse at all, and it threw me for a loop at first. I thought I was listening to the wrong band at first. This song is good, but not nearly as good as Time and Tide. The first section of the song goes on far too long without any real progression. I mean it's 5 minutes before there is any real change in anything. The last part of the song is every bit as good as Time and Tide and redeems this song in a big way.

7/10

Stadler

Zebra - Take Your Fingers from My Hair

First Impression - The second half of this song pulls this from mediocre to good....

Theme - Circles and time.

I'm aware of the Dream Theater cover, but never actually listened to it. I'm glad I didn't, because I'm sure James LaBrie would have ruined the vocals for me. My first impression didn't really give this song a fair shake. The first half is better than mediocre, it's actually rather good. It just took multiple listens for it to really open up to me. The second half is still better, with great vocals and guitar lines. Overall a nice song.

8/10
_________

UFO - Dreaming of Summer

First Impression - Brought to you by the least inventive drummer since Phil Rudd

Theme - Circles and time.

UFO was another of those bands that I've been meaning to get in to for a long time, almost 20 years for this band. This song isn't making me want to dive further. One of the big reasons I don't like AC/DC is Phil Rudd's bland as vanilla pudding drumming. As a drummer I find that offensive. This guy is pretty much just as boring as watching paint dry on the kit. I feel like I need to go on a tangent here. I have a good friend who is also a drummer, has been for about 15 years. He is a competent drummer, but has no desire to explore new styles, new grooves, new beats, expand his drumming knowledge, or just improve technically. When he hear's drummers do anything in odd time signatures or try to play around with standard 4/4 time, he immediately doesn't like it and then proclaims the drummer is just trying to be technical for the sake of being technical. He has said this about Neil Peart on numerous occasions and basically he is just flat wrong. /ranting tangent over.
Anyway, the rest of the music here is fairly pleasant. The guitar riffing gets a little monotonous, but I like the guitar solos and melodies.

5.5/10

Scores

Train - 18.5
Kattelox - 17.5
Romdrums - 17
Nekov - 17
Ariich - 16.25
Tomislav - 16
Cyril - 15.25
Stadler - 14
Lethean - 13.5
TAC - 11
Elite - 10.5
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #242 on: February 08, 2020, 12:03:32 AM »
man a 9.5 but i'm in the bottom half  :lol curse you, fretless bass

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #243 on: February 08, 2020, 12:06:08 AM »
man a 9.5 but i'm in the bottom half  :lol curse you, fretless bass
I know right? I'm still going to check out that album though. Unless the bass tone gives me a migraine...

I'd like to have all songs in for round 2 by or (preferably) before Monday.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #244 on: February 08, 2020, 12:06:52 AM »
Wow, did not expect that for Gold! I knew immediately that I wanted to send that song because it’s the one that stuck with me from the very first listen. The hook is sooo good and the contrast between the Mew-like vocals and the heavy post-rock/metal riffing is sick

I consistently classify Dissolve to Ashes as one of the most unique and dynamic sludge metal songs, and that’s still not doing it justice cause it dabbles with a couple more genres

I’ll try to find some suitable stuff for the next round this weekend.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.