Author Topic: Your controversial opinions on movies and TV  (Read 28320 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Your controversial opinions on movies and TV
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2020, 09:19:37 PM »
Read the info how to get approval. They'll let you in.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: January 06, 2020, 11:26:19 AM »
I'm just shocked that people still watch commercials. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #282 on: January 06, 2020, 12:32:24 PM »
I annoy my wife sometimes by letting them play on the DVR, but there are some good ones.  I watch the Gordon Ramsey/ATT one ("use a cocktail stick!"), I watch the surgeon/ATT one ("Guess who just got reinstated! Well, not officially..."), and the Geico/Bundle one ("I've seen violence.")   

Online pg1067

« Reply #283 on: January 06, 2020, 01:03:59 PM »

Live sports.  Yes, I could mute or walk away or simply not pay attention, and I sometimes do those things.  I also sometimes start watching games late so that I have "zoom room."  However, you can't avoid them completely.

Also, sometimes streaming and on-demand shows don't allow you to skip commercials.

OK sorry about that, but I’m not able to post in the p/r forum, and I figured posting my controversial opinions on TV would be OK here.  I’d rather not have access to that either as I’m about 7 months sober of posting comments on political forums!  Trust me, you guys don’t want me in there anyway… lol.  If it’s OK though I’d like a chance to defend my comment…             

Read the info how to get approval. They'll let you in.

Note his bolded comment.  I'd also rather not have access (which is why, after however long I've been posting here, I've never asked for it).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #284 on: January 06, 2020, 01:51:15 PM »
Ah. I missed that. I get that. It's a rabbit hole that we all don't like to go down. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #285 on: January 06, 2020, 02:30:29 PM »
We have an entire P/R subforum for this kind of post.  Let's keep it there, please.

OK sorry about that, but I’m not able to post in the p/r forum, and I figured posting my controversial opinions on TV would be OK here.  I’d rather not have access to that either as I’m about 7 months sober of posting comments on political forums!  Trust me, you guys don’t want me in there anyway… lol.  If it’s OK though I’d like a chance to defend my comment…             
[/quote]No.  No comments or conspiracies about anti-white agendas.  Not here.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: January 07, 2020, 07:09:26 AM »
I annoy my wife sometimes by letting them play on the DVR, but there are some good ones.  I watch the Gordon Ramsey/ATT one ("use a cocktail stick!"), I watch the surgeon/ATT one ("Guess who just got reinstated! Well, not officially..."), and the Geico/Bundle one ("I've seen violence.")   

I like the surgeon att one a lot. The guy who plays the doctor plays the straight man perfectly.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #287 on: January 07, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »

Live sports.  Yes, I could mute or walk away or simply not pay attention, and I sometimes do those things.  I also sometimes start watching games late so that I have "zoom room."  However, you can't avoid them completely.

Another reason for me to be thankful that I don't care about sports. 

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #288 on: January 07, 2020, 03:02:20 PM »

We have an entire P/R subforum for this kind of post.  Let's keep it there, please.
No.  No comments or conspiracies about anti-white agendas.  Not here.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #289 on: January 08, 2020, 07:40:15 AM »
An older one: the Snapple Mango commercial.  "Phil in a BOTTLE right here!"

https://youtu.be/c1vv9QkzPo0

Offline cygnusx1jg

« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2020, 08:56:39 PM »
Funniest show ever to be on television, IMO, is from the UK. Go to YouTube and look up Celebrity Juice.
Hope is what remains to be seen. Now we must tend our garden.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2020, 04:28:26 AM »
Funniest show ever to be on television, IMO, is from the UK. Go to YouTube and look up Celebrity Juice.

I'm from the UK and I agree...............this is indeed contriversial.  Keith Lemon (Aka Leigh Francis) is about as unfunny as comedy gets, and Celebrity Juice is a notorious Chav show.