Poll

Which sound is worse?

Burp
15 (62.5%)
Fart
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Which Sound is Worse: A Burp or a Fart?  (Read 1498 times)

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Which Sound is Worse: A Burp or a Fart?
« on: January 17, 2020, 11:28:57 PM »
I hate the sound of a burp. It's absolutely disgusting. I'll take the smelliest of farts over hearing a burp or belch.

How about you?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Which Sound is Worse: A Burp or a Fart?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 03:46:42 AM »
Ummm.....errrr......ahhh....WTF?!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 03:49:44 AM »
Welll.......ugghh.....both have varying degrees of sounds, attributes, properties and styles that it's hard to compare them based on a generalisation. 

But, if I had to vote, and making a generalisation, then yeah, probably a burp is more offensive based on the general sound and it coming out of someones mouth.  If the fart makes me hold my nose however.........
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 06:41:52 AM »
From 'The Drew Carey Show'.  His friend Kate adds sound effects as a joke, and the video accidentally gets switched for his work presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OlA27b_W84
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 08:17:01 AM »
But, if I had to vote, and making a generalisation, then yeah, probably a burp is more offensive based on the general sound and it coming out of someones mouth.  If the fart makes me hold my nose however.........

I find a burp being a weird and twisted appreciation of what's just been eaten. A fart is gross and reminds you of gross - albeit natural and concering things we all do - things. And they smell. A burp smells only if someone does it right in your face.

So farts are worse.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 08:55:34 AM »
Farts. But that's also why they're way funnier than a burp could ever be. Farts are both awful and hilarious.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 09:02:41 AM »
Farts. But that's also why they're way funnier than a burp could ever be. Farts are both awful and hilarious.

And wet.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 09:16:59 AM »

And wet.

That too.

It's gross, it's completely immature, and it's highly inappropriate, but I always crack up laughing at the dinner scene in The Nutty Professor. That is a garbage movie but that one scene (and the one with Dave Chappelle as Reggie the comedian) makes my sides hurt, because when I was growing up I remember my dad wheezing with laughter at the scene as it went on and it's just so ridiculous  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 11:18:24 AM »
Farts are way funnier!  Especially in the classroom, so disruptive and effective.   :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 04:07:59 PM »
It really depends on the individual burp or fart. The burps that come along with puking are always grotesque to my ears. And some farts sound like the person almost shit themselves.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 11:02:56 AM »
Both are funny to me, but burps are louder and sound more abrasive?
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 08:04:08 AM »
Neither, because it's actually possible for both to be silent.  :justjen
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 08:11:51 AM »
I don't find neither to be that bad, per se, but a burp going wrong (a little throw up in the back of the throat, a couple minutes of burning sensation) isn't nearly as bad as a fart going wrong (drawing mud, potential skid marks, an emergency trip to the can). 

:)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2020, 11:45:04 AM »
Since it's only judged by sound, I'll go with burps which usually just sound nasty.  Farts, while the certainly smell nasty, most of the time sound hilarious.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2020, 11:46:29 AM »
This makes me question, are burps just mouth farts?

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 02:07:21 PM »
Yeah, and farts are just ass burps.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 02:08:31 PM »
An even worse sound, at least in terms of being annoying... the sound of people chewing with their mouth open.  Give me burps and farts all day over that.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 03:01:45 PM »
I'm loving these comments!  My wife and I just read through them and laughed our hind ends off.

My two cents:  I think burbs are more rude generally speaking, but farts are more gross generally speaking.  But farts are also more funny most of the time, so I prefer them.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2020, 03:27:21 PM »
I've figured it out. You know that really gross pseudo-burp people make as they're about to vomit? You know what I'm talking about. That really froggy croak type of belch where you know something chunky is looming behind it. That's the worst sound.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2020, 03:30:15 PM »
That really froggy croak type of belch where you know something chunky is looming behind it.
I love how I downed half a liter of Pepsi Max before reading this.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 03:33:26 PM »
Burps are more "offensive" but farts are definitely funnier.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2020, 04:57:52 PM »
I've figured it out. You know that really gross pseudo-burp people make as they're about to vomit? You know what I'm talking about. That really froggy croak type of belch where you know something chunky is looming behind it. That's the worst sound.

You nailed it.  That IS the worste sound.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2020, 05:06:40 PM »
My ass does way more talking and I think it's funny.  The ass wins again. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2020, 09:43:58 PM »
It may not sound worse, but if you're in an elevator........
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2020, 07:59:02 AM »
It may not sound worse, but if you're in an elevator........

... this is too open ended.  A nasty hot dog burp in this situation could be just as bad as a hershey squirt for everyone in that elevator.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2020, 08:40:35 AM »
Oh no way. I'll take the hot dog burp. It's less potent and, above all else, doesn't smell like poo which is extremely important in this small human sardine can :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2020, 09:00:20 AM »
^ What an absolutely riveting debate this is!

My eldest daughter, when she was about three years old, accidentally belched. With a (completely adorable) look of confusion on her face, said, "I farted out my mouth!" So, with that in mind, I'd have to vote neither. They are equally awesome.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 01:56:02 PM »
Sorry guys. I completely forgot I posted this. The topic came up again, and I was like, oh shit did I ever post that thread?

Thanks for the replies.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2020, 11:25:36 AM »
My ass does way more talking and I think it's funny.  The ass wins again.
  :rollin
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2020, 05:47:35 AM »
I’ve been around since the old forums, and I don’t post often. I choose my arguments well, and I only get involved in discussions I feel are worth my time. So, with that being said, here I am. Now... There are a lot of factors involved that determine whether or not a burp or a fart would be deemed by me disgusting, inappropriate, appropriate and so forth. A well-timed burp or fart can effectively end or begin confrontation. They’re both excellent tools for changing focus and causing misdirection. A proper disgusting fart can even lead to marriage.

Consider this... You’re in an elevator packed with people. You’re standing there trying to look in a neutral direction to avoid making awkward eye contact with anyone, but you end up catching the eye of someone you find attractive and maybe exchange a half baked smile. So, your mind starts coming up with all sorts of scenarios as to how you could approach this person without coming across as a creep. A nice devastating fart is perfect for this. Let one out silently, and begin to look around at random people in an accusatory manor while attempting to exchange a whodunnit look with the person you find attractive.
When you get off the elevator, you’ll have the perfect ice breaker conversation that could lead to a date, to more dates, to a serious relationship, to marriage, kids, etc.

Somewhere around your 40-50th wedding anniversary when you’re with your wife at your son/daughters/grandkids wedding reception and you’re doing that longest married couple left dancing thing the DJ arranges, and you’re the last left on the dance floor, you can look deeply into their eyes and say, “Honey... Remember the fart in the elevator when we first met? Well... That was me.” Then you immediately let out a loud fart if you can (eat a lot of beans and sausage beforehand). /endscene