Author Topic: The Official Porcupine Tree Thread - In Absentia Deluxe Ed. due Feb. 21, 2020  (Read 716 times)

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • Observe The Train
Futile, Drown With Me and Orchidia are the best. Chloroform is okay but itís gotten kinda boring for me, and Collapse is hardly even its own song - just an alternate verse for Collapse The Light Into Earth.

Havenít even heard those other two.
...in my opinion

Offline Zantera

• the Flood
  • DTF.org Member
  • Feedback overload
    • https://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
Considering Blackfield is probably my favorite Steven Wilson project at this point (the rest haven't aged as well for me) I definitely hold a special place in my heart for Vapour Trail Lullaby which is basically the 'demo' version for Lullaby by Blackfield and I like it a lot. Drown With Me really should have been on the album IMO, it's better than any song on the album bar Trains for me. Chloroform is a great atmospheric piece though I think would have dragged a bit on the album possibly, Futile is a pretty solid rocker that could have taken a spot on the album as well IMO.

Online faizoff

The In Absentia deluxe edition release has been pushed back a week now.

https://twitter.com/burningshednews/status/1229349548314824704?s=19
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
It's funny. In the time I started this thread until now, I had a change of heart and cancelled my pre-order. I bought the LP remaster from a few years ago, and obviously I have the original CD (and the bonus tracks from Futile). As much as I would like this, 100 bucks seems a bit steep. Unlike a lot of diehards, I'm not big on the 5.1 remix and all that.   :lol

Maybe it'll go on sale at some point.
AnybodyListening.net - The definitive history of Queensryche's original lineup.

Online faizoff

I'm going to cancel my pre-order, I'll be out of town for a while and will order it again once I get back. I am really looking forward to listening to the bluray audio.
The Dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.