Author Topic: 2022 MLB Thread formerly the 2021 thread..  (Read 72571 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2021 MLB Thread
« Reply #665 on: October 10, 2021, 06:46:21 PM »
What's wrong with the Rays?

I'm up for anyone mashing the Astros. Especially the Sox.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #666 on: October 10, 2021, 06:50:42 PM »
What's wrong with the Rays?

I'm up for anyone mashing the Astros. Especially the Sox.

Nothing, they’re great and always shit on the Yankees. I’m just bitter.  :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #667 on: October 10, 2021, 07:26:09 PM »
SOX WIN!!!

Seemed the Rays got jobbed of a run in the top of the 13th though. Fucking weird ass play.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #668 on: October 10, 2021, 07:46:14 PM »
SOX WIN!!!

Seemed the Rays got jobbed of a run in the top of the 13th though. Fucking weird ass play.

Now going forward outfielders can try and sell that play. This one was not intentional but wow!{

Offline pg1067

« Reply #669 on: October 11, 2021, 10:12:14 AM »
That's one!! :GiantsMetal:

And that's all you get!  Ha!

Every once in a while, the Dodgers decide that some scrub pitcher needs to feel better about himself and make him look like a Cy Young award winner.  Alex Wood on the mound for the Giants and Max Scherzer for the Dodgers today.   :lol :lol  Close out game tomorrow.

As for the other series, very nicely done by the Red Sox.  I watched most of yesterday's game.  Made me really miss Kike Hernandez.  That play in right field was crazy, but it was absolutely the right call based on the rule.  The guys on MLB Network were speculating that the rule will be changed, but I don't see why it would be.  It's not like this sort of thing happens with ANY frequency.  If they do change it, the only thing that ought to change is giving the umpire discretion as to where to place runners already on base.  Of course, my understanding is that they already have discretion with a regular ground rule double, but I can't recall them ever letting a runner score from first on a GRD.

Haven't seen a second of the Brewers/Braves series.  Glad to see it knotted at one.  Hopefully it goes 5.

The White Sox looked for all the world like they were going to get swept.  I checked the score at some point yesterday and it was 6-1 Astros.  Next thing I knew it was tied at 6, and then the White Sox scored three more before I turned it off.  Really hoping the Sox pull off the reverse sweep.

Tim, your favorite stadium you've visited?

Easily. It's not like my list is huge.

Phoenix
Baltimore
LA
Denver
SF
SD

We don't base our vacations on it, but if there's a game where we are going, we usually get one in.

We're going to Texas this winter and we're taking in a Spurs game.

I've been to (including the two that are local to me):

Giants
Dodgers
Angels
Padres
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Nationals
Orioles
Yankees (new)
Mets (Citi)
Red Sox

Fenway is easily the best for obvious reasons, but the nicest of the newer stadiums was probably SD.  I love Dodger Stadium, but the access just kills it for me.  Parking costs a small fortune.  You can avoid that by taking public transportation, but that's a huge pain in the butt.

I'm seriously thinking of planning a CHC/CHW/MIL/MIN trip in late June 2022.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline pg1067

« Reply #670 on: October 11, 2021, 10:12:46 AM »
deleted
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline T-ski

« Reply #671 on: October 11, 2021, 02:48:31 PM »
Can’t win if you don’t score. Brewers bats have gone ice cold.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #672 on: October 11, 2021, 02:58:47 PM »

Every once in a while, the Dodgers decide that some scrub pitcher needs to feel better about himself and make him look like a Cy Young award winner.  Alex Wood on the mound for the Giants and Max Scherzer for the Dodgers today.   :lol :lol  Close out game tomorrow.

Please...if you think the baseball gods are gonna make it that easy, you haven't been paying attention to the game enough. We all know this one is going 5, and it'll be decided in the 9th. It's gonna be earned, and no matter the side you're on, it's going to take a bit of your soul.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #673 on: October 11, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »

Please...if you think the baseball gods are gonna make it that easy, you haven't been paying attention to the game enough. We all know this one is going 5, and it'll be decided in the 9th. It's gonna be earned, and no matter the side you're on, it's going to take a bit of your soul.

Probably true, but I so rarely take a moment to flex and talk smack.  It figures that the game I missed in nearly its entirety will probably end up being the only game that doesn't end up being at least a little close (of course, game 1 was really close either).

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #674 on: October 11, 2021, 05:03:13 PM »
 :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #675 on: October 11, 2021, 06:05:41 PM »
3 run jack by Devers.  5 am wake up call for a flight to Dallas.   Ugh. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #676 on: October 11, 2021, 06:11:30 PM »

That's one more hour of sleep than I get! Plus you can sleep on the plane. Quit wining bitch.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #677 on: October 11, 2021, 06:22:16 PM »

That's one more hour of sleep than I get! Plus you can sleep on the plane. Quit wining bitch.

Went to a wedding and forgot my C pap machine. Didn't sleep a wink last night
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #678 on: October 11, 2021, 06:23:45 PM »

Ooh that sucks. Don't forget to pack it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #679 on: October 11, 2021, 06:26:36 PM »
Oh not for tomorrow. Last night was hell.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #680 on: October 11, 2021, 06:30:22 PM »

Ooh that sucks.

Oh not for tomorrow. Last night was hell.

Yeah, I got that, sleepy.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #681 on: October 11, 2021, 06:32:16 PM »
I'm flying out to Dalkas tomorrow.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #682 on: October 11, 2021, 06:33:20 PM »

Probably true, but I so rarely take a moment to flex and talk smack.  It figures that the game I missed in nearly its entirety will probably end up being the only game that doesn't end up being at least a little close (of course, game 1 was really close either).
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Giants flipped the script on Scherzer and pulled out 5 or 6 runs against him. Then again it would surprise me either if this ended up being a super low scoring game like 2-1 or something like that.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #683 on: October 11, 2021, 06:33:33 PM »
I'm flying out to Dalkas tomorrow.

Enjoy your trip to Texkas.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #684 on: October 11, 2021, 06:51:57 PM »
AT&T Stadium for dinner tomorrow night!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #685 on: October 11, 2021, 07:03:33 PM »
Dammit.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #686 on: October 11, 2021, 07:07:58 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Giants flipped the script on Scherzer and pulled out 5 or 6 runs against him. Then again it would surprise me either if this ended up being a super low scoring game like 2-1 or something like that.

Tonight will be a war of attrition.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #687 on: October 11, 2021, 07:38:22 PM »
RJ, aren't you supposed to be posting in orange or something?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #688 on: October 11, 2021, 07:51:50 PM »
Dammit.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #689 on: October 11, 2021, 07:52:37 PM »
RJ, aren't you supposed to be posting in orange or something?

I don't need to virtue signal my allegiances.

:GiantsMetal:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2021, 08:37:15 PM »
SOX WIN!!   SOX WIN!!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #691 on: October 11, 2021, 09:37:24 PM »
My stress level is through the roof with this game.... :|
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #692 on: October 11, 2021, 09:44:45 PM »
As it should be.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #693 on: October 11, 2021, 09:47:43 PM »
Seriously why is it that the teams that seem to be most successful in this era are all teams that I absolutely despise?
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #694 on: October 11, 2021, 09:53:03 PM »
Seriously why is it that the teams that seem to be most successful in this era are all teams that I absolutely despise?
  :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #695 on: October 11, 2021, 09:53:09 PM »
I don't know what you are talking about. The Yankees aren't in the postseason  :biggrin: :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #696 on: October 11, 2021, 09:57:11 PM »

I don't know what you are talking about. The Yankees aren't in the postseason  :biggrin: :corn

Lol nicely done. I was raised a Yankee fan, and of the four teams I root for (Yankees, Jets, Rangers, Nets), they’re the only one I’ve actually seen win a championship. Meanwhile, across all four leagues I’ve had to watch the city of Boston (and Foxborough), which is my least favorite sports city (Philly is a close second), have sustained success. The New York/Boston sports rivalry is a big part of my fandom, and unfortunately the bad guys (well they’re the villains in my world) have been more successful in my lifetime.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #697 on: October 11, 2021, 10:24:33 PM »
What a catch by Crawford, that might be the deciding play keeping SF's lead.

It's only because of the rivalry with LA that I'm checking out this series after not really following the Giants since their last World Series run, but what was that about the NL voting on adding the DH? The pitchers batting (as a pitcher in HS) was one thing I liked about the NL, and was hoping it would go the other way in the AL.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #698 on: October 11, 2021, 10:32:23 PM »

It's only because of the rivalry with LA that I'm checking out this series after not really following the Giants since their last World Series run, but what was that about the NL voting on adding the DH? The pitchers batting (as a pitcher in HS) was one thing I liked about the NL, and was hoping it would go the other way in the AL.
Apparently there have been complaints about pitchers hitting. They aren't exciting enough :dunno: People don't respect the strategy of the game anymore. I am firmly against the DH in the National League.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #699 on: October 11, 2021, 10:39:40 PM »

I have no idea how he got high enough to get that, just amazing.