Author Topic: 2022 MLB Thread formerly the 2021 thread..  (Read 72444 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2021 MLB Thread
« Reply #630 on: October 06, 2021, 08:06:10 PM »
Wow, Scherzer gets pulled for Psycho Joe?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #631 on: October 06, 2021, 10:36:19 PM »
I see the Cardinals decided to just roll over. Didn't even attempt to put up a fight. Oh well.

Bring on the Dodgers on Friday! :GiantsMetal:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #632 on: October 07, 2021, 06:07:22 AM »
I see the Cardinals decided to just roll over. Didn't even attempt to put up a fight. Oh well.

Huh?  That was a great game. Both teams got great pitching, and LA got the big hit to win it.  No one rolled over.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #633 on: October 07, 2021, 08:33:57 AM »

Huh?  That was a great game. Both teams got great pitching, and LA got the big hit to win it.  No one rolled over.

StL was 0-11 with runners in scoring position. One hit and LA loses that game. But honestly they 'should' have won it so I don't know what the big hub bub is? I'd be more worried if I were LA that they didn't mop the floor with StL and had to wait for StL's manager to put a pitcher in that everyone in StL knew the game was over when he did. Anyway.....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline pg1067

« Reply #634 on: October 07, 2021, 10:04:45 AM »

StL was 0-11 with runners in scoring position. One hit and LA loses that game. But honestly they 'should' have won it so I don't know what the big hub bub is? I'd be more worried if I were LA that they didn't mop the floor with StL and had to wait for StL's manager to put a pitcher in that everyone in StL knew the game was over when he did. Anyway.....

I'm with Kev.  As nerve-wracking as it was, that was a great game.  Neither starter was on his game, but each managed to surrender only a single run, and both bullpens were excellent.

While the Cards may have been 0-11 with RISP, at least they got guys into scoring position.  The Dodgers only had five ABs with RISP and got two hits, one of which was the walk-off HR, and the other was an infield single that didn't allow the runner on second to advance.  Other than Justin Turner's home run, the Dodgers didn't have a hit that left the infield until the seventh inning.

Dominant pitching or offenses didn't show up...call it what you want.  That was pretty par for the course for the Dodgers.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline dparrott

« Reply #635 on: October 07, 2021, 03:46:01 PM »
Wow, Scherzer gets pulled for Psycho Joe?

Always a roll of the dice there...

Yea the Dodgers not hitting good pitching is not surprising.  We got lucky with a couple of pitching mistakes and crushed them.  SF and LA look pretty even this season, could go either way.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #636 on: October 08, 2021, 08:56:29 AM »
Go Brewers!
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline romdrums

« Reply #637 on: October 08, 2021, 09:33:29 AM »
I'm rooting for a Brewers-White Sox or Brewers-Rays World Series this year.   I suppose I could also support an Astros-Dodgers rematch as long as the Dodgers humiliate the Astros. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #638 on: October 08, 2021, 10:09:16 AM »
I didn't see either of the games yesterday, but the scores suggest they will be short series.  The Red Sox apparently carried no momentum from the wild card win, and I hope this isn't an indication that the White Sox are completely overmatched.

Keeping my fingers crossed for tonight.  I'm assuming that the series will go five games and that every game will be bad for my blood pressure (although I'll miss a good chunk of Saturday's game).

GO BLUE!!!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline pg1067

« Reply #639 on: October 08, 2021, 06:03:59 PM »
These two AL series are shaping up to be real duds.  The Astros have outscored the White Sox 15-5 over the first two games, and now the Rays look to be following suit against the Red Sox.  Chris Sale got yanked after giving up 5 (all earned) in the first inning.  At least the Braves v. Brewers game was close.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #640 on: October 08, 2021, 07:11:35 PM »
Sox go ahead in 8-5 in the top of the 5th. They'll need at least 4 more runs to win this game.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #641 on: October 08, 2021, 07:15:26 PM »
Sox go ahead in 8-5 in the top of the 5th. They'll need at least 4 more runs to win this game.

I hope the Rays pissed in the Sox Ovaltine.  >:( :censored

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #642 on: October 08, 2021, 07:18:42 PM »

I hope the Rays pissed in the Sox Ovaltine.  >:( :censored

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #643 on: October 08, 2021, 07:55:41 PM »
Buster Posey! :GiantsMetal:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #644 on: October 08, 2021, 08:10:32 PM »

Offline T-ski

« Reply #645 on: October 08, 2021, 08:42:43 PM »
Pitching wins in the post season…… I like my team.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #646 on: October 08, 2021, 09:37:51 PM »
Logan Webb is absolutely dealing again! And KB has broken out of his slump at the perfect time! GO GIANTS!
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #647 on: October 08, 2021, 10:19:29 PM »
That's one!! :GiantsMetal:

Offline Glasser

« Reply #648 on: October 08, 2021, 10:25:25 PM »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #649 on: October 09, 2021, 07:34:36 PM »
Game 2 under way. Let's go Giants!
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #650 on: October 09, 2021, 07:39:24 PM »
Game 2 under way. Let's go Giants!

I'm watching!

That ballpark is awesome!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #651 on: October 09, 2021, 07:58:12 PM »
Tim, your favorite stadium you've visited?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #652 on: October 09, 2021, 08:05:50 PM »

Easily. It's not like my list is huge.

Phoenix
Baltimore
LA
Denver
SF
SD

We don't base our vacations on it, but if there's a game where we are going, we usually get one in.

We're going to Texas this winter and we're taking in a Spurs game.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #653 on: October 09, 2021, 08:21:34 PM »
Did you see the video of the Raiders new stadium with the huge screen next to the highway?  It's asking for accidents.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #654 on: October 09, 2021, 08:22:42 PM »
Did you see the video of the Raiders new stadium with the huge screen next to the highway?  It's asking for accidents.

I did not. Sounds crazy.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: October 09, 2021, 08:25:03 PM »
I'll text you it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #656 on: October 09, 2021, 08:31:56 PM »
I'll text you it.

Got it..Wow that's nuts!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #657 on: October 09, 2021, 08:37:21 PM »
Can you imagine driving home seeing that screen? I'd cause an accident.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #658 on: October 09, 2021, 10:23:48 PM »
Welp...seems like we're going to have a battle. Not that it surprises me, but I really don't need the added stress lol

Oracle Park is fucking stunning. Fun story...so I worked at Lyft HQ, which is next door to Oracle, and out of the main dining area the view is of the promenade where the home runs splash down over right field. So anyways, it's the off season, and I'm on my break chilling and watching the bay. There's a father and son, maybe 6 or 7, and a dude in a kayak. The father is giving underhanded pitches to his son, and the son is knocking them into the water. The dude in the kayak is then fishing them out.

Now that is parenting  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #659 on: October 10, 2021, 06:44:45 AM »
...so I worked at Lyft HQ, which is next door to Oracle, and out of the main dining area the view is of the promenade where the home runs splash down over right field.

I took this shot behind the stadium. Were you in one of these buildings?

Before the game, we had crossed that small black bridge on the other side. This was our view of the ballpark.

We actually walked out on the pier on that side and had a nice conversation with an elder Sox fan who was with his Yankees fan adult son, and they were doing a SF Ballpark trip together.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #660 on: October 10, 2021, 07:07:59 AM »

I've not been to a game at that stadium, but there's a great beer bar built into the stadium that I've been to. It's open to the public like a normal bar, but there's also a way for fans at the game to access it and get beers to bring back to their seats. My buddy has sent me pictures of him double fisting Pliny the Elder at a game :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #661 on: October 10, 2021, 09:42:02 AM »
...so I worked at Lyft HQ, which is next door to Oracle, and out of the main dining area the view is of the promenade where the home runs splash down over right field.

I took this shot behind the stadium. Were you in one of these buildings?

Before the game, we had crossed that small black bridge on the other side. This was our view of the ballpark.

We actually walked out on the pier on that side and had a nice conversation with an elder Sox fan who was with his Yankees fan adult son, and they were doing a SF Ballpark trip together.

So Lyft HQ occupies the 3,4,5,6 floor of this building, and the 4,5 of the sister building obscured by the park. The circled area is where I took my breaks and watched the bay...

If your pics were for a weekday game, and before gametime, it's a guarantee I was in said building.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #662 on: October 10, 2021, 09:46:52 AM »
I think it may have been a Sunday game (it was August 12) . This was in 2018. You were working at a hotel across the bay at the time I thought. I got my wife to agree to eat there after the game, but you weren't working that day.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #663 on: October 10, 2021, 12:46:37 PM »
Yup, I didn't start at lyft until 2019

Offline Glasser

« Reply #664 on: October 10, 2021, 06:44:49 PM »
I don’t like the Sox but I want the Rays gone. Bottom line, now that the Yanks are out I would like to see the Giants or Brewers mash the Astros in WS 2021!!!