Author Topic: 2022 MLB Thread formerly the 2021 thread..  (Read 72425 times)

Online pg1067

Re: 2021 MLB Thread
« Reply #560 on: September 22, 2021, 10:37:55 AM »
Jeez, apparently Gausman is just throwing BP to the Padres right now. :censored

Needless to say, you were feeling much better about two hours after you posted this.   :censored :censored
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #561 on: September 22, 2021, 11:51:22 AM »
Jeez, apparently Gausman is just throwing BP to the Padres right now. :censored

Needless to say, you were feeling much better about two hours after you posted this.   :censored :censored
  :rollin  indeed! I almost gave up watching the game. It's almost like the Giants saw the Dodgers win their game and kicked it up a notch to make sure they beat the Padres.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 10:18:58 PM by Puppies_On_Acid »
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #562 on: September 25, 2021, 10:19:48 PM »
Thank you D-backs for beating the Dodgers tonight, let's do it again tomorrow! :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Online pg1067

« Reply #563 on: September 27, 2021, 11:31:33 AM »
Thank you D-backs for beating the Dodgers tonight, let's do it again tomorrow! :corn

Once a month the Dodgers come up against a scrub pitcher and decide he needs to have the game of his life.  Here's hoping the D-backs do us a solid and get tough against the Giants and that the Padres sputter for the next three before finishing strong.

Absolutely NO ONE wants to deal with a win-or-go-home game against the Cardinals.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #564 on: September 27, 2021, 12:16:03 PM »
Red Sox only had to win one game at home vs. the Yankees to be in a good position to lead the wild card and couldn't do it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline T-ski

« Reply #565 on: September 29, 2021, 06:25:11 PM »
Brewers 8th inning guy….

“ Devin Williams is being placed on the 10-day IL with a fractured right hand. He told us he had too much to drink after Sunday’s celebration, got upset about something and punched a wall with his pitching hand. He will need surgery. ”

Un-freaking-believable.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #566 on: September 29, 2021, 06:28:40 PM »
Brewers 8th inning guy….

“ Devin Williams is being placed on the 10-day IL with a fractured right hand. He told us he had too much to drink after Sunday’s celebration, got upset about something and punched a wall with his pitching hand. He will need surgery. ”

Un-freaking-believable.

Wow.  What is that old saying...you can't fix stupid.

I wish I still cared about baseball, because I'd be having a blast with this all-time winning streak the Cardinals are on.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #567 on: September 29, 2021, 07:10:29 PM »
Brewers 8th inning guy….

Un-freaking-believable.
Now the Dodgers just need someone to go on the IL with a hand fracture and we can complete the trifecta, since Brandon Belt just went on the IL with a broken hand after being hit by a pitch.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online pg1067

« Reply #568 on: September 30, 2021, 10:49:21 AM »
Brewers 8th inning guy….

Un-freaking-believable.

I heard them mention this on the Dodgers broadcast.  Nomar Garciaparra is the color commentator, and he did everything but call this guy a selfish idiot.  What I thought was bizarre was how breaking your pitching hand and needing surgery only lands him on the TEN day IL.

Now the Dodgers just need someone to go on the IL with a hand fracture and we can complete the trifecta, since Brandon Belt just went on the IL with a broken hand after being hit by a pitch.

I'm pretty sure the Dodgers have lost 932,621 man-games to injury this year.  We're covered.

And what a crazy game the Dodgers played last night.  Dodgers scored 4 runs in the bottom of the first and seemed to be headed for an easy victor, but Max Scherzer had easily his worst outing of the year and gave up 6 runs (5 earned) over the next five innings to give the Padres a 6-5 lead, which inflated to 9-5 against Brustar "Gas Can" Graterol (what a complete disappointment that guy has been this year).  Dodgers got 1 in the bottom of the seventh and then scored FIVE in the eights on FOUR homers.  Of course, the Giants continue to refuse to lose, so it'll likely be academic.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #569 on: September 30, 2021, 02:06:34 PM »
Dodgers down 9-5 in the 7th hit 5 HOME RUNS IN TWO INNINGS to beat the Padres 11-9!!!  :metal :metal :metal  :lol :lol :lol

Echoes of their 2006 comeback win, again against the Padres.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #570 on: September 30, 2021, 07:52:27 PM »
Brewers 8th inning guy….

Un-freaking-believable.

I heard them mention this on the Dodgers broadcast.  Nomar Garciaparra is the color commentator, and he did everything but call this guy a selfish idiot.  What I thought was bizarre was how breaking your pitching hand and needing surgery only lands him on the TEN day IL.

I'm pretty sure the Dodgers have lost 932,621 man-games to injury this year.  We're covered.

And what a crazy game the Dodgers played last night.  Dodgers scored 4 runs in the bottom of the first and seemed to be headed for an easy victor, but Max Scherzer had easily his worst outing of the year and gave up 6 runs (5 earned) over the next five innings to give the Padres a 6-5 lead, which inflated to 9-5 against Brustar "Gas Can" Graterol (what a complete disappointment that guy has been this year).  Dodgers got 1 in the bottom of the seventh and then scored FIVE in the eights on FOUR homers.  Of course, the Giants continue to refuse to lose, so it'll likely be academic.
That was a hell of a game from the Dodgers.

The Giants game was a nail biter all the way through.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #571 on: September 30, 2021, 09:10:44 PM »
At the end of today's games, on Sept 30, the Mariners are tied for the second wild card spot, with 3 games to play. This is unbelievable.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline T-ski

« Reply #572 on: October 01, 2021, 07:59:52 AM »
Would have been sweet to see both Toronto and Seattle beat out the Yanks and Sox.

Online pg1067

« Reply #573 on: October 01, 2021, 10:38:23 AM »
So...we're now down to the final series of the year.  It looks like every team except the Braves have played 159 games.  I didn't look, but I'm assuming the Braves got rained out and, now that they've clinched the NL East and are locked into the third best record among division winners, won't make up the game.

American League
- Tampa Bay has clinched the AL East and the best record in the AL
- The White Sox and Trashtros have clinched the AL Central and West divisions.  Houston has a two game lead for the better record and the right to host the ALDS.
- The Yankees have a two game lead over the Red Sox and Mariners in the AL Wild Card race, and the Blue Jays are one game behind the Sox and Mariners.
- The Rays and Yankees play each other in the final series, so the Rays will get some say in who gets the two Wild Card spots.
- The Red Sox play in Washington against a really bad Nationals team.
- The Blue Jays host the Orioles.
- The Mariners host the Angels (FWIW, I heard on the radio this morning that Otani isn't going to pitch in what would be his normal spot on Sunday).
- The White Sox host the Tigers.
- The Astros host the A's.

I think it would be fantastic if the Yankees, Red Sox, Mariners and Jays all finish with identical records.  Alternatively, if the Yankees get swept and are left outside looking in, that'd be cool too.  The Red Sox should sweep the Nats, but they seem to be pretty Jekyll and Hyde this season.

National League
Things are a bit more settled here.
- The Brewers and Braves are locked into the 2 and 3 spots respectively, so they have nothing to play for this weekend.
- The Dodgers remain 2 games back of the Giants, and whichever of them doesn't win the NL West will be the home team for the Wild Card game.
- The Cardinals have the #2 Wild Card spot.  They only thing they have to play for this weekend is keeping their momentum going.
- The Brewers play in Los Angeles and should absolutely rest all of their top players and spend the weekend evaluating prospects.
- The Giants host the Padres.  It's about time the Padres muster up some pride and play angry, but I suspect they bend over and take it like the little bitches they are.

REALLY not looking forward to having the Dodgers host the Cardinals in a 5:10 PDT game.  There's a decent chance that both Scherzer and Wainwright take no-hitters into the 5th or 6th inning.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #574 on: October 01, 2021, 06:16:18 PM »

- The Brewers play in Los Angeles and should absolutely rest all of their top players and spend the weekend evaluating prospects.

You would love that  :lol

The Brewers haven't been playing the best baseball over the last couple weeks, but I expect this whole series to be a low scoring affair. I don't envy anyone that has to face Burnes.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #575 on: October 01, 2021, 09:37:41 PM »
Brewers up 5-1 in  the 3rd  :heart

Offline Glasser

« Reply #576 on: October 01, 2021, 10:26:26 PM »
Yanks just cannot beat Tampa Bay. Pisses me off. Kevin Cash did not seem to be worried about the 9th inning tonight and they still fell short. Albert Abreu is not mlb ready yet and honestly they should have walked Franco with a  3-0 count and faced Cruz right on right. If the Yanks get the Wild Card and even win it they are to inconsistent to go deep. I’ll revisit this Sunday.   >:( :censored

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #577 on: October 01, 2021, 10:28:41 PM »
And a grand slam just tied it up  :censored
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #578 on: October 01, 2021, 10:54:53 PM »
And a grand slam just tied it up  :censored

Goddamn, they're like fucking herpes man.

At least the Giants won, magic number is officially 1 :GiantsMetal:

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #579 on: October 02, 2021, 08:46:25 AM »
Alternatively, if the Yankees get swept and are left outside looking in, that'd be cool too.  The Red Sox should sweep the Nats, but they seem to be pretty Jekyll and Hyde this season.

Not inconceivable.  Mariners/Jays need to win their final two; Sox split; Yanks get swept.  They all finish 91-69.  Biggest factor could be how hard the Rays play, I guess.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #580 on: October 02, 2021, 09:59:49 AM »
Let's win today :GiantsMetal: and take the division, then y'all can take tomorrow off. :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #581 on: October 02, 2021, 10:04:14 AM »
Let's win today :GiantsMetal: and take the division, then y'all can take tomorrow off. :corn

Please. Time to put the Dodgers to rest.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #582 on: October 02, 2021, 05:54:03 PM »
Ugh... :yeahright
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #583 on: October 02, 2021, 05:54:54 PM »
Two trips to Yankee Stadium this season, two blowout losses :lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #584 on: October 02, 2021, 05:58:24 PM »

You're getting Season Tickets for Christmas. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #585 on: October 02, 2021, 06:07:43 PM »

:lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Glasser

« Reply #586 on: October 02, 2021, 08:41:09 PM »

:lol

>:(  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #587 on: October 02, 2021, 09:11:04 PM »

And double ugh... They're gonna push this to a fucking one game Giants Dodgers playoff man

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #588 on: October 02, 2021, 09:59:44 PM »

And double ugh... They're gonna push this to a fucking one game Giants Dodgers playoff man
Apparently the Brewers have decided to just roll over now that they've won their division... >:(
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #589 on: October 02, 2021, 10:22:21 PM »

Apparently the Brewers have decided to just roll over now that they've won their division... >:(

And the Padres are trying to instigate some latent, last minute revenge over tanking the 2010 season to us....

Offline T-ski

« Reply #590 on: October 03, 2021, 09:00:11 AM »
The AL Wildcard is fun. Go M’s and Jays!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #591 on: October 03, 2021, 10:43:59 AM »
Can't deny the idea of a Red Sox-Yankees first round one game wild card at Fenway is about at baseball as it gets.

As traditionally 'baseball' as a SF-Dodgers tiebreaker game in SF sounds, let's just forego that one and have the Giants win today, k?

:GiantsMetal:

Offline Glasser

« Reply #592 on: October 03, 2021, 10:54:35 AM »
Can't deny the idea of a Red Sox-Yankees first round one game wild card at Fenway is about at baseball as it gets.

As traditionally 'baseball' as a SF-Dodgers tiebreaker game in SF sounds, let's just forego that one and have the Giants win today, k?

Lonestar, How about the Yankees win the WC and sweep the Rays?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #593 on: October 03, 2021, 11:17:07 AM »

Yeah... That'd be a no from me dawg... My family has long roots in Boston. With all due respect, fuck the Yankees.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #594 on: October 03, 2021, 11:20:20 AM »

Yeah... That'd be a no from me dawg... My family has long roots in Boston. With all due respect, fuck the Yankees.

I agree, fuck the Yankees. And I usually default to hating Boston teams above all others.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion