Author Topic: Favorite Canadian band(s) besides Rush?  (Read 6224 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Favorite Canadian band(s) besides Rush?
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2020, 08:50:40 AM »
I've asked this before, maybe even in this thread, but where's a good place to start with Saga?  I know (and like) the couple of songs that got MTV airtime back in the day (that would be early- to mid-80's).   Is there a decent compilation that would cover me as I get my feet wet?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2020, 09:27:13 AM »
I'm amazed (and appalled) that nobody has mentioned Pat Travers yet. Snorting Whisky was still being played on Canadian radio when I visited in 2002.

It probably still gets played on U.S. radio, but it's also one of the dumbest songs I have ever heard, and I can't think of a single other song by him.

Pat . . . has been mentioned as one of Alex Lifeson's favourite guitarsts.

I don't think Alex posts here, though.

I've asked this before, maybe even in this thread, but where's a good place to start with Saga?  I know (and like) the couple of songs that got MTV airtime back in the day (that would be early- to mid-80's).   Is there a decent compilation that would cover me as I get my feet wet?

I asked the same thing somewhere, and I recall being told to go chronologically.  There's also a compilation album called The Works that was released in 1991.  I haven't checked any of it out yet.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2020, 10:48:17 AM »
Sum 41 easily.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2020, 12:13:52 PM »

Saga- Defining Moments Volume 1 (1994)