Author Topic: Amsterdam january 12  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Blokhut

Amsterdam january 12
« on: January 12, 2020, 01:38:49 AM »
Still a bit tired with ringing ears  :biggrin:. What a show! After 2,5 years of patience i finally got to see DT yesterday evening in the fully packed Afas - venue in Amsterdam. Terrific sound, especially JP's guitars.

Setlist:

Untethered Angel
A Nightmare to Remember
Paralyzed
Barstool Warrior
In the Presence of Enemies, Part I
Pale Blue Dot

And SFAM after the break. They returned for At Wit's End.

For a moment i thought they were gonna play In the Presence of Enemies, Part II  ;)

The band held 30 seconds of silence because of Neil Pearts' death.

It was a very great pleasure to see DT play with such energy and fun. On to the London show!

Offline Lalin1974

Re: Amsterdam january 12
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 02:21:16 AM »
Still a bit tired with ringing ears  :biggrin:. What a show! After 2,5 years of patience i finally got to see DT yesterday evening in the fully packed Afas - venue in Amsterdam. Terrific sound, especially JP's guitars.

Setlist:

Untethered Angel
A Nightmare to Remember
Paralyzed
Barstool Warrior
In the Presence of Enemies, Part I
Pale Blue Dot

And SFAM after the break. They returned for At Wit's End.

For a moment i thought they were gonna play In the Presence of Enemies, Part II  ;)

The band held 30 seconds of silence because of Neil Pearts' death.

It was a very great pleasure to see DT play with such energy and fun. On to the London show!

I am going tonight in Stockholm. I heard that during At Wits End, JP played a snippet from Closer to the Heart in honor of Neil Peart. Did you catch it and how was it? I really hope they honor Neil tonight as well.

Offline Blokhut

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 05:04:28 AM »
To be honest, i didn't catch it immediately ::). JP did indeed a nice snippet of CTTH, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDEt8ZLaZuY (8:48)

(It took a short while for MM recognizing the melody)

Have fun tonight!  :metal
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 05:14:43 AM by Blokhut »

Offline jbrum77634

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 05:02:16 AM »
That newspaper review doesn't hold back on panning James' vocal performance.     Seemed OK to me, a few off moments but nothing too drastic.    I did think he was very high in the (very loud ) mix, couldnt have turned him down a touch IMHO.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 10:10:09 AM »
That newspaper review doesn't hold back on panning James' vocal performance.     Seemed OK to me, a few off moments but nothing too drastic.    I did think he was very high in the (very loud ) mix, couldnt have turned him down a touch IMHO.

Seems like it varies on the mix.  Some concerts I have been to I can barely hear him....Minor quibbles though.. I enjoy every minute!