Author Topic: The Blue October thread  (Read 529 times)

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
The Blue October thread
« on: December 05, 2023, 07:28:42 PM »
For many years, I thought this band was a one hit wonder with their song « Hate me ».

I actually realized this year that they have a whole lot of great addictive songs/albums. I haven’t  listen to their whole discography but right now, I feel like their last 2023 album is their best. It’s more on the sensible/softer side but I feel that the band are better at this level. I’m usually not much of a fan of their « hard rock » sound. I’m more into their « Coldplay » sound.

Also, I’m planning on seeing them live in April. Anyone has seen them live? Are they any good?
Funny how everything was Roses
When we held on to the Guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky one

Offline Schurftkut

Re: The Blue October thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 06:25:30 AM »
i've seen them live 10yrs ago or something on a festival where they headlined. I was very much impressed, didn't know the band but sure did check out their music afterwards. Great show, great songs!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 09:58:18 AM »
I always associate this band with the singer sounding almost exactly like Peter Gabriel. Their music was okay, the Gabriel thing I never fully could ignore.

Online DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 02:34:10 PM »
I knew a guy who worshipped these dudes. I only really know "Stay" which is amazing. Will go back to them and give them another bash.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 09:52:50 PM »
I've seen them a couple times. Really good live band. It's a good time.