Author Topic: New Ozzy Osbourne  (Read 13190 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: New Ozzy Osbourne
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2020, 06:49:37 PM »
I think it's he's had something like this for a while.  The signs have been there for quite a bit.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2020, 08:59:35 PM »
I think it's he's had something like this for a while.  The signs have been there for quite a bit.

Yeah and it's a bloody miracle he's still kicking at all with what he's done to himself.  He's a marvel really - even with Parkinson's .

If I tried it I would've carked it at 30yo - either that or being married to Sharon would've seen me lose my marbles very early in the piece.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2020, 11:05:23 PM »
Even just from The Osbourne series years ago, it was clear he had early onset of a degenerative disease.  Drugs definitely would have come in to play but the signs were clearly there.  Who I am to say but it seems surprising that it was only diagnosed a year ago.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2020, 06:22:05 AM »
Even just from The Osbourne series years ago, it was clear he had early onset of a degenerative disease.  Drugs definitely would have come in to play but the signs were clearly there.  Who I am to say but it seems surprising that it was only diagnosed a year ago.

Now that I think about it, it kind of does feel like maybe there were signs awhile ago, but I think a lot of us, me included, just attributed it all to him being fried from all the drugs.  I'm amazed he is still going on here and honestly, a lot of people have been giving him shit and telling him to quit for years and years now, I feel more inspired to see him if he makes it here than ever before knowing everything he's been going through. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2020, 08:06:07 AM »
He acknowledged those symptoms a while back - the shaking - and I thought he said it was a non-Parkinson's type disorder that looked bad but didn't really have any lasting material effects, and could be off-set by medicine.   

I guess that's either not the case, or it progressed. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2020, 02:14:12 PM »
He acknowledged those symptoms a while back - the shaking - and I thought he said it was a non-Parkinson's type disorder that looked bad but didn't really have any lasting material effects, and could be off-set by medicine.   

I guess that's either not the case, or it progressed.

Yes, I remember him saying that in the past too.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2020, 07:47:04 PM »
Those last two paragraphs or so were brutal to read.  I feel bad for him.   I'm not really down with the music lately, but that's on me, not him.  I'm loathe to tell him what to do, but maybe it's time to tinker in the studio and release shit as it comes up, and not worry about the latest iteration of "Paranoid" warbled out in front of 9,000 drunk concertgoers.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2020, 09:56:29 AM »
very sad and somber news ,,,, I will pray for Ozzy
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2020, 12:25:50 PM »
Sorry it's him. There are far more deserving Osbournes.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2020, 12:36:19 PM »
Speaking of, I just saw Sharon on The View, or The Talk, or whatever the fuck (I'm in an airport, not my call), and she looked HORRIBLE.  Not the typical "Sharon at 67 trying to look 52" horrible, or the "it's not plastic surgery, it's a chemical peel" horrible, but that tired, haggard look that I've seen too many times from the spouses of family members when the sand through the hour glass was getting noticeably measured.   

All speculation, and meaningless, I get that.  But I saw her face - as I said, tired, bags under the eyes, looking spent - and the first thing I thought was "I hope Ozzy is okay", if not musically then at least in a life sense.   I don't think he is, frankly.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »
I don't think things are well either.  She could also just be upset at all the money lost.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2020, 01:03:34 PM »
I don't think things are well either.  She could also just be upset at all the money lost.
I've never bought into the "she needs his money" theory. Setting aside all of the money she's made from reality television, no small figure, she's probably stashed away a sizeable amount of Ozzy's money over the years. At this point I'd call her independently wealthy. Estimates are that they're worth a combined 220m. I have no idea if that's right or not, but I suspect it's reasonably close. Unless he did something fantastically wonderful like bequeathed all of his money to the SPCA or something, she's not going to be hurting after he dies. Real shame too, the filthy cunt.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2020, 01:12:25 PM »
I've never bought into the "she needs his money" theory. Setting aside all of the money she's made from reality television, no small figure, she's probably stashed away a sizeable amount of Ozzy's money over the years. At this point I'd call her independently wealthy. Estimates are that they're worth a combined 220m. I have no idea if that's right or not, but I suspect it's reasonably close. Unless he did something fantastically wonderful like bequeathed all of his money to the SPCA or something, she's not going to be hurting after he dies. Real shame too, the filthy cunt.

Yea, I threw that out since it's a common thought of her bleeding Ozzy dry for cash.  I have no idea what I personally believe, I just don't like Sharon for what she did to Bruce and Iron Maiden.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2020, 03:39:45 PM »

Yea, I threw that out since it's a common thought of her bleeding Ozzy dry for cash.  I have no idea what I personally believe, I just don't like Sharon for what she did to Bruce and Iron Maiden.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2020, 06:41:45 PM »

And me. Not to mention Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2020, 08:24:59 PM »
What did she do to Bruce and Iron Maiden?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2020, 08:28:13 PM »
What did she do to Bruce and Iron Maiden?

It's from wikipedia, but I think this is what happened.

Ozzfest Incident

In 2005, Iron Maiden co-headlined the US festival tour, Ozzfest, with Black Sabbath. Lead singer Ozzy Osbourne's wife, Sharon, encouraged family friends and members of other bands to sabotage Iron Maiden's last performance at Hyundai Pavilion in San Bernardino, California, on 20 August,[78] in an attack which Rod Smallwood criticised as "vile, dangerous, criminal and cowardly", as well as disrespectful to fans who had paid to see the band perform "a full unhindered performance".[79] Osbourne ordered interference with the band's PA, delayed the entrance of Eddie, the band's mascot,[80] and encouraged members of the Osbourne camp to throw eggs, lighters and bottle tops from the front of the audience.[81] According to Dickinson, the attack was in response to his "disparaging remarks about reality-TV shows that she took personally",[81] although The Guardian reported that he slated the Osbournes' reality series and accused Ozzy Osbourne of using a teleprompter.[80] Dickinson has since denied making comments against Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath,[82] but admitted that he criticised Ozzfest throughout the tour, attacking their "corporate" seating layout and saying, "Most of the bands are there because they paid to be there."[83]

Following the concert at San Bernardino, Osbourne released a further statement which accused Dickinson of making several anti-American comments,[84] of which Classic Rock stated that "nobody can present any cast-iron evidence".[77] In addition, Osbourne claimed that the flag-waving during "The Trooper" was disrespectful to American troops,[84] at the time fighting alongside the British in Iraq, even though Dickinson had always held a Union Flag during the song, being based on the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimean War.[77] It was also reported that Steve Harris had spoken to Ozzy Osbourne in San Bernardino, apologising for Dickinson's comments,[85] which Harris denies, stating that his words had been "twisted".[82]

One of those sources led me to this article.

One big lesson I've learned is that you cross Sharon Osbourne at your peril.

I once made some disparaging remarks about reality-TV shows that she took personally. When we played Ozzfest in 2005, she organised a group of people near the stage who pelted us with bottle tops, lighters and eggs. Our revenge was to simply carry on regardless and play the best show of the day. So her plan badly misfired. I haven't changed my views about reality TV either. I think it's a complete disgrace – freak-show television, the lowest of the low.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1022475/He-aint-heavy-hes-captain----Iron-Maiden-rocker.html

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2020, 08:34:55 PM »
Oh, I know about the egg incident. My understanding was that Bruce was being his usual dick self throughout that whole tour.

Not in anyway defending Sharon. She's a fucking witch.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2020, 09:12:42 PM »
That snippet doesn't quite do it justice. They shut the P.A. off at specific times calculated to cause the most disruption. The first chorus to Trooper and just as the solos began in Hallowed are the two I remember, but there were one or two other instances. And they didn't finish those songs as a result. They also commandeered the P.A. to try and instigate "Ozzy" chants at the beginning and end of Maiden's set. The first time merely confused people and the second was drowned out by well-earned "Maiden" chant. Bruce was right about one thing. They did play a killer set.  Certainly better than Sabbath's, which was quite strong. Adversity really fires those guys up.

I also got to see Maiden's only US non-Ozfest show on that tour, and while not mentioning anybody by name, Bruce was pretty disparaging of rockstars who need teleprompters and reality TV shows to keep them in the spotlight. Maiden certainly wouldn't have had to pay to be part of the package, like the rest of the bands, so they were really guests on the tour. A little professional courtesy would have been in order, I think. I can understand why FCSO would have been hacked off at him (she took the stage to call him a prick after their set), but there's no excuse for taking out your anger on the fans that paid to see the concert (and in some cases traveled to do so  >:().
E.F. Benson

Offline jammindude

« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2020, 10:17:05 PM »
Oh, I know about the egg incident. My understanding was that Bruce was being his usual dick self throughout that whole tour.

Not in anyway defending Sharon. She's a fucking witch.

I mean, yes....he was making really snide remarks about the Osbourne's being reality TV show stars from the stage.   Which is admittedly a pretty dick move.   

But pelting them with foreign objects from the audience, encouraging others to do the same and ARMING them to do so...and then PULLING THE POWER so the fans get screwed out of a show they paid money for is not the answer.    In fact, any ONE of those things is not the answer, but ALL THREE is unforgivable in my book.     There's a point when payback is no longer payback.   She's obviously one of those people that can't stop at "getting even"....she has to ramp it up to the point where everybody involved gets it a thousand times over.   

EDIT - and don't EVEN get me started on what she did to Daisley and Kerslake.   >:( >:( >:( :censored :censored :censored
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2020, 04:49:51 AM »
I actually like some of his solo albums quite a bit (being Blizzard, Diary, No Rest and Ozzmosis), although I have no expectations about the new one (that being said, I'm not as invested in his work, although I like his solo work quite a bit more than his Sabbath albums, because of his vocal style in his solo albums)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2020, 08:04:23 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmBb8IjGJmA

5 minute interview of ozzy and sharon talking to howard stern about it.  Seems all legit and it's weird how Howard makes them sound like they were in the right and this was a cool thing to do  :facepalm: I'm glad I cancelled him this year (I had never heard this before just now).

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2020, 08:06:51 AM »

5 minute interview of ozzy and sharon talking to howard stern about it.  Seems all legit and it's weird how Howard makes them sound like they were in the right and this was a cool thing to do  :facepalm: I'm glad I cancelled him this year (I had never heard this before just now).

I feel like one talent of Howard's is ALWAYS making the person feel like they are the heroes of even the worst parts of their stories. I mean, he could very well have Iron Maiden on the next day and make them feel like they were horribly wronged by the evil Sharon. It's an honest talent of a host like that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2020, 08:15:38 AM »

Seems to me that Ozzy, and particularly Sharon, are going to be exactly the sorts of people Howard would love. He and Sharon are essentially in the same business, and they both understand the power of tabloid media. They'd get along great, and I'd honestly be surprised if they weren't friends IRL. Whereas Bruce is precisely the opposite. He's always hated the tabloidial side of celebrity, in part because it's just his nature, and in part because it's never been kind to him. I suspect he'd want nothing to do with Howard, and the feeling is probably mutual.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2020, 08:24:24 AM »
Oh for sure, Howard and SHaron are like best buds.  She's been on the show many times including fairly recently (sometime in 2019).

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2020, 08:38:22 AM »
I'm sorry, but I might have to ask some of us here about the context of Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake, I know they were on Ozzy's first two albums with Randy Rhoads and that's all I know.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2020, 08:45:55 AM »
I'm sorry, but I might have to ask some of us here about the context of Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake, I know they were on Ozzy's first two albums with Randy Rhoads and that's all I know.

When an agreement on royalties couldn't be reached (or something other on the financial side of things), they re-recorded their parts on the two first Ozzy solo albums to cut them off from future earnings.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2020, 08:47:57 AM »

When an agreement on royalties couldn't be reached (or something other on the financial side of things), they re-recorded their parts on the two first Ozzy solo albums to cut them off from future earnings.
ah ok

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2020, 09:07:56 AM »
It goes a little further than that. They were fired immediately after recording Diary because they dared to ask to be paid. Sharon pretty much erased them from history at that point. Aldridge and Sarzo appeared in all of the promo stuff, while Kerslake and Daisly got pretty much nada. Years later they sued to get a proper accounting of the royalties they were due, and that's when Sharon had them removed from the remasters because of their "abusive" behavior. It was big news last year when Kerslake finally got the platinum record he was due, 35 years later, and that only happened because he's on death's door.
E.F. Benson

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Ozzy Osbourne
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2022, 05:00:23 PM »
Been listening to a lot of 90's ozzy lately.

I truly love See you on the other side

Offline nick_z

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2022, 06:00:29 PM »

I'm not a gigantic fan of Ozzmosis (although it's certainly way better than anything following it), but that is indeed a great, great song.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2022, 06:02:09 PM »

See You On The Other Side is a Top 5 Ozzy song, and Ozzmosis is a Top 5 Ozzy album...probably #4.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2022, 07:44:30 PM »
See You On the Other Side is great. I really like Ozzmosis, yeah it probably is Top 5 for me.

Not sure about this new Ozzy stuff, it is pretty unlistenable for me...

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2022, 07:50:06 PM »
Ozzmosis!   :metal :metal