Author Topic: New Ozzy Osbourne  (Read 13216 times)

Offline Deathless

Re: New Ozzy Osbourne
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2022, 07:33:26 AM »
That's funny that he mentioned guns when a few months ago they said they were moving because of... taxes!  :rollin

As with many things it's more than one reason but you've gotta love Ozzy and Sharon.

https://eddietrunk.com/due-to-the-high-tax-rate-ozzy-osbourne-will-moving-out-of-california-and-back-to-the-uk/

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2022, 05:47:24 AM »
He'd be better off paying his taxes in the US than paying his heating bill in the UK.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2022, 05:06:11 AM »
New single, 'Nothing Feels Right'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3G3Qbn_-Sk
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2022, 10:40:38 AM »
New single, 'Nothing Feels Right'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3G3Qbn_-Sk

I like it.... : )       sorta feels/reminds me of Spoke in the Wheel by BLS

Peace and love to all 
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2022, 10:59:59 AM »
Well been up since 5 AM because the fire alarm is on the fritz so I've had a lot of time to listen to the new album. While I do have some issues with the production which can be inconsistent I really enjoy the album.  Ozzy sounds like he was having fun and sounds more energetic than I thought he would considering his health.  If he can never return to the stage I'd be perfectly fine with an Ozzy & Friends album like this every few years or so as I don't see him ever fully retiring.

Favorite songs

Mr. Darkness. For me the most catchy song on the album

No Escape from Now. Would've fit right in on the last sabbath album

A Thousand Shades. The most Ozzmosis sounding song on the album
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2022, 05:41:55 PM »
This album kicks all kinds of ASS! :metal

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2022, 07:13:14 AM »
I'm really enjoying this album. Some great songs here - Mr Darkness, Patient Number 9, No Escape From Now, Nothing Feels Right.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2022, 06:39:10 PM »
Have to admit that I am also really enjoying this new album, pleasantly surprised as I had little faith this would be any good.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2022, 06:44:59 PM »
Well, I gave this a listen and it isn't half bad...

Count me in as pleasantly surprised! And there is a late album highlight with Dead and Gone that kinda struck me...really cool 80s-sounding verse with clean guitars and No More Tears-like riffage on top...neat tune!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2022, 06:45:40 PM »
I'm going to have to listen to this aren't I. :\
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Realm

« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2022, 07:21:06 PM »
I think if you go into this album with low expectations you will definitely be surprised. There are some good songs and just a fairly enjoyable listen overall. I can't pinpoint my favourites yet, need a few more spins first but Mr Darkness is a standout.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2022, 07:22:53 PM »
I think if you go into this album with low expectations you will definitely be surprised.

:lol

That should be the tag line on every new album ever.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2022, 07:30:29 PM »
Alright. Hit Mr. Darkness. That was actually pretty good.

OK, I'll give the album a spin tomorrow night. I don't think I even listened to his last couple of albums. I had heard a few tracks, and his voice sounded too electronic.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2022, 08:29:49 PM »
I gave up on Ozzy after Down to Earth, but gave Patient Number 9 a listen based on the good reviews it's getting. There are some pretty good songs. Parasite is the one that stood out the most. Not sure if I will purchase a physical CD, but I’ll definitely give this some more listens.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2022, 06:44:29 AM »
This past weekend, while traveling with my family, I heard the SiriusXM album special they had for Ozzy.  My initial reaction was that it was "surprisingly listenable".  I haven't liked an Ozzy album since No More Tears.  Ozzmosis has a few tracks I like.  However, after that, it's all garbage to me.  My main concern when I heard about this album was the "who's who" list of contributors on it.  How could it not be a disjointed mess, right?!?  Several of the songs were pretty enjoyable.  And, I don't know if it was because I was listening in the car vs. headphones or large speakers, but his voice sounded less processed than it has in the past.   I can't say I'll be buying the album.  But, I wouldn't turn the channel if any one of most of the album's songs came on.  For me, the only real clunker is "Degradation Rules".  I'm sorry but a 73-year old man writing a song about masturbation is just dumb.

My main take-away from the whole special is that Andrew Watt should never have a microphone placed in front of him again.  Full of silly anecdotes.  And, his overuse of "fuck" and "fuckin" rendered the words useless and ineffective by the end. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2022, 10:52:31 AM »
I love the reviews here: "not as bad as I thought it'd be!"; "Uh, not a total piece of crap!"; "wow, I'm surprised this doesn't suck more!"

I get it though; I've been out on Ozzy since Black Rain.  I picked up Ordinary Man from a used shop for $1.99 and might just pull the trigger on this one too. I LOVE OZZY.  I just hate when Ozzy tries to be something he's not.  I'm not looking for "Mr. Osbourne, the artiste!"   I want to rock and roll.  That's why Zakk is so good for him; I'm not interested in Kevin Churcko (or to some extent Andrew Watt) to the extent they are trying to be Rick Rubin vis-a-vis Johnny Cash.  That wasn't because the producer had any great insight, or the accompanying players were so good, it's because Johnny Cash was too big a talent to be denied.   He was arguably the greatest country musician of all time.  Not that that is Ozzy, but he's legend, and doesn't need the bullshit. I'm hoping this new record is no bullshit.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2022, 03:35:26 PM »
I think overall this new record is no bullshit, it is really good and I am still listening to it. I am a huge, huge Ozzy fan but he lost me with his couple of albums before this new one. The vocals are way better and fare less processed on this release, for anyone who is/has been a fan it is worth a listen. Great to see Zakk back too.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2022, 07:18:27 AM »
So he released this:  https://eddietrunk.com/ozzy-osbournereleases-full-nfl-halftime-performance-from-september-8th-los-angeles-rams-buffalo-bills-game/

This is an abomination.  If that's him singing live in the moment, then I am 6'8" and 125 pounds.   The slow motion ruins it even further.   WTF, this is the Prince of Fucking Darkness. Where's the danger, where's the living on the edge?  I get it, that's been gone for decades now, I realize that, but still.  This is the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.  I DIG the song, and will buy the record, but it's still overall a sad, sad picture.  My dad used to call him "Ozzy Osboob" as a sort of joke when I was younger; if only Dad could see him now.  :) :) :)

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2022, 11:35:25 AM »
So he released this:  https://eddietrunk.com/ozzy-osbournereleases-full-nfl-halftime-performance-from-september-8th-los-angeles-rams-buffalo-bills-game/

This is an abomination.  If that's him singing live in the moment, then I am 6'8" and 125 pounds.   The slow motion ruins it even further.   WTF, this is the Prince of Fucking Darkness. Where's the danger, where's the living on the edge?  I get it, that's been gone for decades now, I realize that, but still.  This is the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.  I DIG the song, and will buy the record, but it's still overall a sad, sad picture.  My dad used to call him "Ozzy Osboob" as a sort of joke when I was younger; if only Dad could see him now.  :) :) :)

I mean I wasn't shocked. I can probably count on one hand the TV performances I've seen throughout his entire solo career that weren't either lipsynced, overdubbed, or drowned in an overly loud backing track.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2022, 12:21:37 PM »
The last album I enjoyed from him was Down to Earth, back in 2001 (?).  He just hasn't had any quality songs written for him since then.  Boring riffs, boring melodies, stupid lyrics.  I'm surprised so many people seem to like this based on the video's comments.  Put this up against any of his classic material and it completely pales in comparison.

I'm in the same boat here.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2022, 02:05:12 PM »

I mean I wasn't shocked. I can probably count on one hand the TV performances I've seen throughout his entire solo career that weren't either lipsynced, overdubbed, or drowned in an overly loud backing track.

Honestly, this is kind of hard to watch and/or listen to wether it's fake or not

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2022, 06:58:59 AM »

Honestly, this is kind of hard to watch and/or listen to wether it's fake or not

And that's the point; I don't care that it's overdubbed or lip-synched, I really don't; there are some Top Of The Pops things with Iron Maiden where they are lip-synching and they're an entertaining riot.  Fun stuff.  There are half-time shows and what not that we KNOW are lip-synched - it's technically almost impossible not to do otherwise - but they're fun and entertaining.  With the way it's cut, with the slo-motion and the what not, it's almost like an "In Memoriam" piece.   For me, it's not the nature of the gig that's annoying it's THAT SPECIFIC way they decided to butcher what actually might have happened on the field - real or not - and turn it into... I don't know what I'd call it.  An homage?   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2022, 08:10:00 AM »
Maybe, I definitely agree the edit is not good. But even just looking at Ozzy is difficult with that eye liner.  I bet a fan video from the stands would be better to watch.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2022, 03:02:22 PM »
By the way, I just listened to Ordinary Man again yesterday; when did Ozzy get mush mouth?  Is it the effects on his voice, or his age, but many of the "s's" are "sh'd" on the record. It's annoying. 

And whoever said "yeah, you might like the record while you're listening to it, but at the end of the day is any of it REALLY as good as his best work" - I'm paragraphing - was spot on.  I LIKE Ordinary Man, but then I listened to Diary and man.  It's not close.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2022, 03:12:39 PM »
I listened to the two singles (actually, I'm not sure I finished either song) from ordinary Man, and it sounded like it was being sung by a computer.

I got through Mr. Darkness, which was pretty cool, but I have yet to bring myself to listen to the new album.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2022, 03:21:35 PM »
I listened to the two singles (actually, I'm not sure I finished either song) from ordinary Man, and it sounded like it was being sung by a computer.

I got through Mr. Darkness, which was pretty cool, but I have yet to bring myself to listen to the new album.

The new album is easily his best since Ozzmosis but yeah his vocals sound pretty manipulated.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2022, 03:23:49 PM »
I love Ozzmosis.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2022, 12:11:27 AM »
Ozzy Osbourne tops Billboard chart for the first time ever with 'Patient Number 9'.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/ozzy-osbourne-top-album-sales-chart-patient-number-9-1235141430/

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2022, 08:10:27 AM »
I just got the new one; I'm three songs in and this is way better than Ordinary Man.   Still not "Blizzard"/"Diary", but then again, what is?

UPDATE:  I dig this new record.   None of the guest spots are as blatant as the Post Malone ones, so there's nothing that seems too... opportunistic here.  The songs are solid, tuneful, and Ozzy is singing pretty well (better than Ordinary Man, that's for sure).  Iommi shines in his two appearances, as does Clapton, but the star is Zakk.  Of the three top solos on the record, he has two (E.C., who is god, had the other one).  This might be the most "Black Sabbath" record that Ozzy has put out under his own name.

UPDATE II:  We'll see how it ages, but right now, I like this as much as anything since No More Tears.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 07:48:34 AM by Stadler »

Offline The Realm

« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2022, 03:49:56 PM »
I just got the new one; I'm three songs in and this is way better than Ordinary Man.   Still not "Blizzard"/"Diary", but then again, what is?

UPDATE:  I dig this new record.   None of the guest spots are as blatant as the Post Malone ones, so there's nothing that seems too... opportunistic here.  The songs are solid, tuneful, and Ozzy is singing pretty well (better than Ordinary Man, that's for sure).  Iommi shines in his two appearances, as does Clapton, but the star is Zakk.  Of the three top solos on the record, he has two (E.C., who is god, had the other one).  This might be the most "Black Sabbath" record that Ozzy has put out under his own name.

UPDATE II:  We'll see how it ages, but right now, I like this as much as anything since No More Tears.

I agree with all this, especially that Zakk is the star. Just a really good album, especially after Ordinary Man was so...ordinary...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2022, 03:51:44 PM »
Interesting.  I didn't even listen to Ordinary Man.  Maybe I'll sample this one.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2022, 08:38:58 PM »

I’ve given it three listens so far and am quite enjoying Patient Number 9. I agree, this is easily the best thing Ozzy has done since No More Tears.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2022, 08:39:38 PM »
Better than Ozzmosis??

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2022, 08:43:26 PM »
Better than Ozzmosis??

I believe so, yes. Will have to listen some more and see how much staying power it has, but so far, so good.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2022, 09:22:53 PM »
I also think it’s his best since No More Tears.