Author Topic: Great Wayne's World/Bohemian Rhapsody article  (Read 1355 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Great Wayne's World/Bohemian Rhapsody article
« on: January 02, 2020, 01:37:37 PM »
Apparently, this is from 2015.  But I wasn't aware of it, and just saw a re-post of it:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-oral-history-of-the-wayne-s-world-bohemian-rhapsody-scene?utm_source=pocket-newtab

The long and short of it, for those who want to know before clicking, is you have primarily Mike Myers, but other cast members, the producer, and even Brian May, commenting about how the Bohemian Rhapsody scene came to be, some practical issues with shooting it, and lots of other fun stuff.  It's a great read, IMO.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Great Wayne's World/Bohemian Rhapsody article
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 03:01:57 PM »
One of my all time favorite movie scenes.  Funny how reading this and the guys are saying it was a re-enactment of their real lives driving and listening to that song.  I think we all can say we've had moments driving when a song comes on and it gets a reaction from everyone in the car.  It's very relatable and extremely funny. 

I’m trying to think if “If you’re going to spew, spew into this”—I think Dana improvised that. He found the little cup and just took the moment.

I love that line with him pulling out the small cup, I didn't know it was ad lib but that feels so legit too.  Makes the whole scene feel even more legit because of how stupid that comment was but I can picture many of my own friends saying something like that in that situation.