Author Topic: Metallica the League 2020 - Home Thread  (Read 5763 times)

Online MirrorMask

Re: Metallica the League 2020 - Home Thread
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2020, 07:28:07 AM »
So unless I remember it wrong the 4 songs that ended the season with a perfect streak will be the four ones in the semifinals, right?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2020, 07:31:55 AM »
So unless I remember it wrong the 4 songs that ended the season with a perfect streak will be the four ones in the semifinals, right?

Looking like it. 25-0 Regular seasons for these 4.

29-0 including this Tournament

Three at 32-0 including this tournament and the album tournaments. Blackened is 31-1 due to its loss to One in the AJFA Championship.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2020, 07:34:32 AM »
So Blackened is happy that One is facing against Master!

Gosh this is exciting like the semifinals for the Champions League when you wonder what the final could be and which team got the better match  :hat
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2020, 07:29:32 AM »
3rd Place and Championship Matches - https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=55626.0

3rd Place Match
2. Orion defeats 5. Harvester of Sorrow 10-9

Burton Division Championship Match
1. Master of Puppets defeats 3. Damage Inc. 16-4

Master of Puppets is the Burton Division Champion! It will advance to the Final Four where it will next face the Hetfield Champion, One.

Schedule for next week.

Monday around 9AM EST – Championship Semifinals
Wednesday around 12PM EST – Championship Match & 3rd Place Match

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2020, 02:25:48 PM »
Championship Tournament 3rd Place & Championship Match - https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=55649.0
3rd Place Match
1. Blackened defeats 1. One 12-11

Championship Match
1. Master of Puppets defeats 1. Creeping Death 15-7

Master of Puppets is the League Champion! 

Thanks everyone for following along and voting over the past 8 months!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2020, 03:32:48 PM »
8 months?!  Seriously!  Wow!

Thanks for running this, DOC!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2020, 03:53:19 AM »
8 months?!  Seriously!  Wow!

Thanks for running this, DOC!

8 months to see Master of Puppets winning, what a surprise.

HAHAHAH OF COURSE I am kidding, no matter what the blatantly favorite song was - it's all about the journey, not the destination, and it was absolutely fun and exciting following week after week the standings, see which songs were battling for leadership, and then battling it all out in the final tournament! without counting the side polls for the albums.

Thanks DOC for the immense work you put into this, I hope you got the same fun out of running it that we all undoubtedly had in participating!  :metal :hefdaddy

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2020, 08:26:39 AM »
I think most of us can agree that's a pretty wonderful top four, regardless of how we voted.

I went for Creeping Death but only by an absolute hair's breadth over Puppets.

Also, thank you for running this like clockwork over the last eight months. Impressive, most impressive.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2020, 04:32:28 PM »
Thank you DoC for another well run league. Your commitment and care in running these tournaments is absolutely wonderful, and they are always so much fun.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2020, 01:06:02 AM »
Thank you DoC for another well run league. Your commitment and care in running these tournaments is absolutely wonderful, and they are always so much fun.

Word  :hefdaddy

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2020, 05:52:04 AM »
Thank you all for the kind words. Glad ya'll enjoy!