Author Topic: Merry Christmas DTF - post your haul  (Read 1959 times)

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Merry Christmas DTF - post your haul
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2019, 06:42:28 AM »

Finally, Mrs. P and I gave ourselves (each other) a 24 day Mediterranean Cruise for May of 2020.

Goddamn I'm jealous.

If you don't mind me asking, as someone who has only done shorter music cruises, and has never even done an all inclusive type vacation away, what does something like that run?

Well, for the trip we've planned it was roughly $12,000 each including airfare. That being said, the price can go up or down significantly depending on the Cruise line/Airline you choose, and what kind of accommodations on board you choose. In our case we chose Viking for their smaller ships and quality shore excursions. We also chose a bit bigger suite, since we'll be there for almost a month, and we wanted a decent port side balcony.

We may pay for some additional shore excursions that aren't included with the trip, and they usually run $70.00 - $90.00 each. I also plan to pay for an upgrade on the standard alcohol allotment so that I can get taste some premium local wines and liquors along the way. That's $460.00 for the entire cruise. 
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2019, 06:46:55 AM »

Finally, Mrs. P and I gave ourselves (each other) a 24 day Mediterranean Cruise for May of 2020.

Goddamn I'm jealous.

If you don't mind me asking, as someone who has only done shorter music cruises, and has never even done an all inclusive type vacation away, what does something like that run?

Well, for the trip we've planned it was roughly $12,000 each including airfare.

That's... pretty much my yearly wage. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2019, 07:21:11 AM »
That's... pretty much my yearly wage. :lol

I know you laugh...but that actually makes me feel a bit guilty.  :blush
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2019, 07:39:40 AM »
Eh, it comes down to the type of cruise and vacation. I'm planning three trips abroad for my vacation days in 2020, so there's that. The total number just surprised me. My vacation usually comes down to $100 for a day spent abroad plus airfare and hotels/AirBNB.

Besides, the cost of living here is way lower than in the US. The three trips abroad I mentioned will all be basically funded from the money I'll earn next year.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.