Author Topic: Merry Christmas DTF - post your haul  (Read 1960 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Merry Christmas DTF - post your haul
« on: December 25, 2019, 05:25:57 AM »
Good morning, and Merry Christmas. I've already listened to 6:00 (a little late - at 6:20), and sipping my 2nd cup while waiting for the rest of the jingle.family to wake up.

Hoping nothing but the best of days for the best of friends.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Merry Christmas DTF - post your haul
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 05:34:21 AM »
Morning, Chad. Just got my first cup of coffee down, and am waiting for Mrs. P and the youngest of our brood to wake up (he spent the night here).

I'll wait to see how the day unfolds before I post my haul.

Happy Christmas, DTF!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 05:40:37 AM »
Yes, good day to all! Happy Christmas!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 05:58:43 AM »
Coffee is brewing. Merry Christmas to all of DTF!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 07:47:51 AM »
Merry Christmas Brothers!

Got some Air Pods. Nothing wrong with my current earphones, but Massachusetts has passed a Hands Free driving law that takes effect in the New Year.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 07:54:17 AM »
Got the Queen wireless beats earphones.  Hooked it up to her cell all ready and her I-Pod later.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 08:15:46 AM »
Merry Christmas, and Happy whatever holiday you may be celebrating! Hope your day is filled with peace, love, and happiness!
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2019, 09:49:25 AM »
Merry Christmas to all!  :coolio :hat

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2019, 09:53:35 AM »
Merry Christmas folks...nothing but love for my internet family. Bout to get out of bed and bust out some Crab eggs benedict for the family, then presents, then turkey dinner for 23 peeps. So much food. :heart

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2019, 09:55:17 AM »
I opened my mail and got a notification for a 300 dollar fine for a bunch of EZ Tag fines that I have no idea about..

Merry Christmas!  :rollin This is pretty typical. But still going to be a good day. Hope you fine ladies and gents are having a great one.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2019, 10:05:01 AM »
Merry Christmas ya'll. I wasn't expecting anything - I didn't want much - but my mother insists that I have stuff to open on Christmas morning. Except I opened them all last night.  :lol A PlayStation 4 bundle with three games - a cappuccino/latte/espresso machine - 4 very nice aromatic Yankee Candles - a vinyl record player, which I will christen with Toto IV - a waterproof bluetooth speaker which is now hanging in my shower  :lol - a new winter coat which I sorely needed - and $500. Then a little bit of candy and 4 small flavored bottles of Jim Beam.  :biggrin:

I am fortunate and lucky and loved. I hope everybody has a wonderful day no matter what you celebrate
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2019, 10:14:51 AM »
Merry Christmas, no haul here but happy to be enjoying the time with extended family last night and immediate family today, and of course the dtf family through the tubes

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2019, 11:10:41 AM »
Merry Christmas everybody, hope you are all having a good time with your family.

I am currently at the airport waiting for my flight to spend a week in Toronto.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2019, 11:55:22 AM »
Katt, would your parents consider adopting a middle-aged man?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2019, 12:05:45 PM »

:rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2019, 01:03:39 PM »

Asking for a friend I assume?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2019, 01:12:49 PM »
I got (meaning I purchased for myself with my wife's money) a new impact driver, string trimmer, and leaf blower (the latter two being battery operated to replace my crappy corded ones I've used for years).

My wife's parents gave us a large check, which will pay for her and my oldest to go to Ireland (to visit her sister who is there for a couple months for work) and for them to go to Hawaii (which they do every year to visit her family members). My gift, if lucky, is that I will stay home for both trips.

Most importantly, my kids are healthy and happy and everyone, meaning grandparents, my sister and family, and wife's sister, will all be together today.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2019, 02:18:34 PM »

I would pay to see the adoption pictures. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2019, 02:21:27 PM »
I don't really get anything anymore at my age.

I am, however, enjoying the 60 degree weather here in Northern Illinois on Christmas. It's downright warm.

I called it earlier in the year. Dropped $600 on my first snow blower and this is what I get. Spring weather in winter.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2019, 02:25:28 PM »
I don't really get anything anymore at my age.

I am, however, enjoying the 60 degree weather here in Northern Illinois on Christmas. It's downright warm.

I called it earlier in the year. Dropped $600 on my first snow blower and this is what I get. Spring weather in winter.

The weather is amazing. My family grilled steaks and baked potatoes. Best Christmas  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2019, 03:02:48 PM »
My other half got me 4 pairs of Vans and a pair of tickets to the Hella Mega tour (Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy) in July.

I feel like I'm in high school again.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2019, 03:28:04 PM »
Got hiking pants, an insta pot, seasonal chocolates and a sweatshirt. Happy RJ is happy. :hatmas:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2019, 04:39:55 AM »
I got (meaning, my wife bought with my money*)  Scotch (3-pack of Dewars; 3-pack of Glenmorangie; 1/2 bottle of Glenfiddich), Leafs toque / t-shirt; winter gloves (the kind that can still be used with a touch screen), Witcher books (2 of 'em... from jingle.kids), flavored coffees, and an awesome piece of wall art for the bar area that is better shown than described.  I shall post some pictures later.  And a crap ton of sweets - the most intriguing of which is whiskey/maple fudge.

Alas, no PB whiskey.   :sad:

* even if I wasn't the sole income earner, we've never had a 'your vs my' money marriage.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2019, 05:01:11 AM »
Had a good Christmas, with some more coming later today. We celebrated Christmas with my mother, girlfriend and my sister and her boyfriend yesterday. Today we’re going to my girl’s family. I got this awesome Miles Davis 4 LP box-set, a melodica, a sweater, a stainless steel drinking bottle, some socks, a book with random piano sheet music and two CDs by Swans. Then some smaller silly stuff. It was good being together yesterday :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2019, 02:14:17 PM »
I got some books, some CDs, some shirts, some cigars from my brother (including one fairly hard-to-find one, which made me chuckle, because I got him the exact same one), new slippers, and my eldest got me a flip-book insult generator which is actually quite lewd and filthy.  I loved it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2019, 02:49:08 PM »
Knit beenie (hat)
Glenmorangie Lasanta 12
2 bottles of Angel's Envy Finished Rye
Four monogrammed tulip whiskey glasses
Some homemade sweet rolls that I can't eat
A couple of gift cards to restaurants that I can't eat at
A tub of caramel corn, hard candy, and chocolates that I can't eat
Two beautiful framed photographs signed by the photographer (antelope canyon, fly geyser)
Mont Blanc Legend cologne
A travel journal with scratch-off maps

Finally, Mrs. P and I gave ourselves (each other) a 24 day Mediterranean Cruise for May of 2020.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2019, 04:34:30 AM »

Finally, Mrs. P and I gave ourselves (each other) a 24 day Mediterranean Cruise for May of 2020.

Goddamn I'm jealous.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2019, 07:27:06 AM »

Cool! is Italy on the menu as well?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2019, 11:43:56 AM »
My mom still insists on spoiling my sister and I, so Christmas morning is always a good haul

From the parents:

Yamaha THR 10ii amplifier for my guitar
New brown and black dress shoes for work
Gift certificates to my homebrew store
iTunes gift cards
Lagavulin 11 year Offerman edition
Parks and Rec complete series DVD

From my sister:
new Adidas sneakers (she's in charge of getting new sneakers for me every year)
Uber gift card

From my aunt/uncle:
Johnnie Walker Blue (they're always good to me because I'm godfather to my cousin and I always spoil her)
Chivas whiskey blending kit
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2019, 02:48:57 PM »
Good Lord good Lord is it is it a thing that all forum members have to get whiskey for the holidays?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2019, 02:49:47 PM »
Not me! I got beer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2019, 02:59:11 PM »
Good Lord good Lord is it is it a thing that all forum members have to get whiskey for the holidays?

Let's hope so let's hope so.

Lagavulin 11 year Offerman edition

I've been a Lagavulin fan for a long time but I did not enjoy, at all, the Offerman edition. The nose has no charm that I could detect and the finish was awful.

Not me! I got beer.

Whiskey is just distilled beer! Try it.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2019, 03:52:24 PM »
No whiske  for Gary or RJ... that I can guarantee.

@Bill. .... Johnny Blue was my first real intro to scotch, and I always keep a bottle of that on hand.  :tup to your aunt/uncle.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2019, 03:56:44 PM »

My parents almost bought me some peanut butter whiskey until they learned I bought myself a bottle. I told them they owe me a case now. Lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2019, 11:39:48 AM »

Goddamn I'm jealous.

If you don't mind me asking, as someone who has only done shorter music cruises, and has never even done an all inclusive type vacation away, what does something like that run?
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1