Author Topic: Symphony X 25th Anniversary 2020 North American Tour w/ Firewind and Primal Fear  (Read 2693 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sounds so tempting guys.  Would fucking just love to pack up and go.  Maybe this is the thing that will make me quit.  :lol

Woah dude, you don't have to quit....just take a vacation. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Quit for metal!!  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Let's all quit and go to Boston!  :2metal:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :metal :metal :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Fucking Boston? Look, if I want to visit a smelly dump I can go to a local one.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
After-party is at the cart corral by TAC's!  :2metal:

(preferably IN the cart corral, since it'll obviously be empty)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'll save a seat for K-lox..

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Sounds so tempting guys.  Would fucking just love to pack up and go.  Maybe this is the thing that will make me quit.  :lol

Wouldn't that be a helluva story.... S-X, PF and Firewind get you to North America.  You find some US chick who becomes the love of your life, and you settle down here.

Thanks Russel and Ralf!

But really, between all the DTF'rs in each city, you wouldn't have to pay for accommodations anywhere.  Me for Toronto, Katt for Joilet, TAC for Worcester, Nick for Philly, Cram for NJ...
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
This is a pretty awesome lineup. Symphony X just always delivers live. Primal Fear I'd probably never see as a headliner, but I'm really excited to have them on the bill. And although I lost interest in Firewind eons ago now, it will also be nice to see them live again.

Philly show is certain, and additional date or two is a possibility.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You find some US chick who becomes the love of your life, and you settle down here.

Pretty sure his girl may take issue with that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Wouldn't that be a helluva story.... S-X, PF and Firewind get you to North America.  You find some US chick who becomes the love of your life, and you settle down here.

Thanks Russel and Ralf!

But really, between all the DTF'rs in each city, you wouldn't have to pay for accommodations anywhere.  Me for Toronto, Katt for Joilet, TAC for Worcester, Nick for Philly, Cram for NJ...

Haha, as Tim said, the current misses may have something to say about that.  Depends if I bring her along or not.  ;D  aussie on a American trek may have to be done solo haha.  Surely the chicks over there would love the accent.  :tup

Add to the story, somehow becoming Magnus' touring replacement since he never can be assed touring caused Frontiers have him by the balls and you got a hell of a story.

Offline Lethean

Those 3 bands together is almost worth me flying to America.

You could follow them around the continent.  Make a whole trip/vacation out of it.

That's Lethean's thing, not Kade's.  :lol

Like I'm the only person who does this. :P

I will not be doing it for Symphony X however unless they fix their setlist. 

But Wolfking probably hasn't seen them much, if at all, and he likes the other bands too, so he should totally do it.  :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Are you waiting for them to add Psychosane and Come On Get Up to the setlist?   :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

Only person I know at least, especially to that level! You should feel special :P  :lol

Offline Lethean

Are you waiting for them to add Psychosane and Come On Get Up to the setlist?   :)

:puke:

Offline Lethean

Only person I know at least, especially to that level! You should feel special :P  :lol

Perhaps.  Maybe you'll join in on the fun if say, Stratovarius does a full tour.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni

Perhaps.  Maybe you'll join in on the fun if say, Stratovarius does a full tour.

Don't hold your breath. Traveling is among my least favorite things ever.  :lol

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Let's all quit and go to Boston!  :2metal:

Nah, Long Island.  :metal :metal :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
I'd like to see Symphony X again, but Bergen (work that day) and Philly (work the next morning) don't line up well and I don't see myself making the trek all the way out to Wantagh. Bummer there's no NYC date.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Unless Wolfking comes out, I'm definitely passing on this anyway.

Offline goo-goo

Might attend both Austin and San Antonio, but definitely will be going to the Austin gig. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Unless Wolfking comes out, I'm definitely passing on this anyway.

I probably won't have the balls to do it.  :lol  I don't get out much.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
Wow, they're playing in Toronto @ Opera House. Not that big a fan, but for $35cad to see 3 shred bands, I'll probably go.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Just picked up a ticket for San Francisco. Looking forward to the show. Six months is a long wait.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Just picked up a ticket for San Francisco. Looking forward to the show. Six months is a long wait.

I'd love to tag along with you, buddy.  But the scheduling doesn't really work, unfortunately. 

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni

I'd love to tag along with you, buddy.  But the scheduling doesn't really work, unfortunately.

Sucks. I know its mid-week. Birthday week show for me, so I can make it happen. If things change, let me know.

Offline Architeuthis

Well you have six months to make a minor change in your schedule, where there's a will there's a way.  :biggrin:
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Not on sale for me yet. Don't know when either.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
I just bought a ticket to the Joliet show. I'm not really happy about a 70 mile drive to the venue, but Enter the Vault had tickets on sale for that show at 50% off for Christmas.  I can't pass up a ticket for $12.50.  Plus, if I'm exhausted that day and not up to going, it's not that much of a waste.

Honestly, I'm pretty excited for an opportunity to see Primal Fear...I am so in love with that band right now.  And I haven't seen Symphony X since they opened for Queensryche in 2004, when they were touring for The Odyssey and played a handful of shows with QR..  I've never seen Firewind, but I wouldn't be upset if I missed them since they don't have Apollo singing anymore.  We'll see how I feel that week and if I'm up to it....having two very young kids just sucks the energy right out of me most days.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
I bought my ticket a while back. Thought i posted about it. Haha, oh well.

If Symphony X finally decides to change their set for their 20th, and ,a big, IF they play a song from their self-titled debut what would you want it to be?

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
I love early Symphony X   very talented guys  sometimes Russ's voice cant get a bit grating though
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"