Author Topic: Long Shot  (Read 5966 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Long Shot
« on: December 11, 2019, 08:50:29 AM »
So I was bored the other day and watched the movie, Long Shot with Charlize Theron and Seth Rogan and it made me realize how stupid movies can be.

In no galaxy or universe would a powerful gorgeous woman like Charlize Theron ever be with Seth Rogan.
Sorry...no way.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Long Shot
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 08:59:59 AM »
I don't know; she's partial to the marijuana. 

(But I hear you, loud and clear.)

Online pg1067

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »
I don't know anything about this show, but there are plenty of real world examples that disprove this.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 10:39:38 AM »
Me.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 10:54:52 AM »
My ex girlfriend, who while not at all Charlize Theron level of beautiful (no offense to my ex) was rather hot had a HUGE crush on Seth Rogen.

Also I've landed some amazingly beautiful women, and I feel Seth Rogen is more appealing than I am. Except his laugh.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 11:03:20 AM »
My ex girlfriend, who while not at all Charlize Theron level of beautiful (no offense to my ex) was rather hot had a HUGE crush on Seth Rogen.

Also I've landed some amazingly beautiful women, and I feel Seth Rogen is more appealing than I am. Except his laugh.
Well, she was Secretary of state about to run for president. So that makes it more silly.
I still say no way no how is that realistic. Nope.

Online Adami

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 11:04:25 AM »

Well, she was Secretary of state about to run for president. So that makes it more silly.
I still say no way no how is that realistic. Nope.

It's 100% realistic, or at least that's what I've learned from Kevin James movies/shows.

Kidding of course. A lot of hollywood is male fantasy crap.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 11:05:14 AM »
I don't know anything about this show, but there are plenty of real world examples that disprove this.
Oh yeah....
Give me one that compares to Charlize Theron with Seth Rogan?

Online Adami

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 11:14:08 AM »
Oh yeah....
Give me one that compares to Charlize Theron with Seth Rogan?

David Spade and like every girl he's dated.

Christina Hendricks & Geoffrey Arrend

Paulina Porizkova & Ric Ocasek

Probably more.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 11:46:47 AM »
I don't think rock stars count though.   There are too many exceptions in rock to make any conclusions.

But I do agree with the Hollywood male fantasy side of things.  Woody Allen, Peter Bogdanovich... there are countless douchebag directors that surround themselves with stupid hot actress/ingenues that it does strain credulity. 

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »
I don't think rock stars count though.   There are too many exceptions in rock to make any conclusions.

But I do agree with the Hollywood male fantasy side of things.  Woody Allen, Peter Bogdanovich... there are countless douchebag directors that surround themselves with stupid hot actress/ingenues that it does strain credulity.
You guys are talking about the holywood elite. Of coarse there looks don't matter!
I'm talking a stunningly beautiful woman of power with a dip shit journalist that dresses like a fool.
If Seth Rogan was in her shoes and not the other way around than yes he would have a shot with her.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:18:47 PM by Tick »

Online Adami

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 12:04:44 PM »
It's true. I completely admit that I have no examples of a stunning politician on the level of Charlize that is dating a free-lance journalist on the level of Seth Rogen.

Again though, that's just Hollywood. I mean, how long did King of Queens run for?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 12:23:46 PM »
I've seen a Captain bag a extremely hot green chick with a huge green rack.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online pg1067

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 12:42:47 PM »
It's true. I completely admit that I have no examples of a stunning politician on the level of Charlize that is dating a free-lance journalist on the level of Seth Rogen.

More to the point, I can't think of any examples of a stunning politician on the level of Charlize Theron -- regardless of whom she's dating -- so maybe that's where the lack of realism starts.

My go to for a hot female politician is former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, but she's no Charlize Theron.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 12:43:35 PM »
I'm talking a stunningly beautiful woman of power with a dip shit that dresses like a fool.

I don't know about "stunning", but...

Melania and Donald?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2019, 01:01:50 PM »
Hef FTW.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Adami

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 01:05:48 PM »
I'm talking a stunningly beautiful woman of power with a dip shit that dresses like a fool.

Melania and Donald?

Money can’t buy you happiness.  But it can buy you a Melania.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 01:38:51 PM »

Melania and Donald?

Money can’t buy you happiness.  But it can buy you a Melania.
Clearly.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 01:40:37 PM »
Hef FTW.
NO! cancel the win!
Do you not see the difference of a drop dead gorgeous (powerful) woman and yes Hef she is being with a low level journalist?
Obviously some one who is worth millions is going to get the hot woman! We ALL know that!
Its about the scrub bagging the red hot woman worth millions which would NEVER happen!!!. Do you guys not get this??? :facepalm:

Edited to say when you questioned "I don't know about stunning?" it just hit me you were talking about Melania and not Charlize correct?
Cause Charlize is stunning. Melania is just very attractive.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 01:48:34 PM by Tick »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 02:04:59 PM »
Edited to say when you questioned "I don't know about stunning?" it just hit me you were talking about Melania and not Charlize correct?
Correct.  Charlize Theron is definitely stunning.

Online pg1067

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 04:23:00 PM »

Eh...

And yeah, the pics in your original post are stylized and photoshopped, and I'd bet I could find pics of FLOTUS on the same level (especially from back in her modeling days).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2019, 08:44:06 PM »
Tick, I think I get your point here.  I was thinking "Seth Rogan", but you're talking "the character played by Seth Rogan".   I get you.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2019, 08:47:22 PM »
Tick, I think I get your point here.  I was thinking "Seth Rogan", but you're talking "the character played by Seth Rogan".   I get you.

IDN, he's a schlub like me in real life and I'm a better actor in real life.  His laugh makes me want to murder people. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2019, 06:54:28 AM »
I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think Melanie is attractive...

But on to the topic at hand. I don't know if this qualifies but I remember seeing somewhere AOC was dating a web-developer. Riley Roberts (just looked up the article).

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a25844313/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-boyfriend-riley-roberts/
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2019, 07:04:19 AM »
Just watched Long Shot, and their relationship was the most realistic thing in that movie, and their relationship wasn't at all realistic.

Yea, not a very good movie. Though they literally had a whole scene dedicated to Tick's original point.

I hope Rogen isn't going the way of Adam Sandler comedies, but it seems he is. Ah well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2019, 07:18:06 AM »
But on to the topic at hand. I don't know if this qualifies but I remember seeing somewhere AOC was dating a web-developer. Riley Roberts (just looked up the article).

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a25844313/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-boyfriend-riley-roberts/

This is about hot powerful politicians and schlub boyfriends, though...    ;D ;)

(Sorry, I just don't find Ocasio-Cortez to be all that hot.  Red lipstick and big teeth don't make you beautiful.   Now, Kristen Gillebrand and Tulsi Gabbard?  Sure, I'm in.  I even think Kamala Harris is attractive, though not nearly Charlize Theron-level attractive.)

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2019, 08:35:13 AM »
Just watched Long Shot, and their relationship was the most realistic thing in that movie, and their relationship wasn't at all realistic.

Yea, not a very good movie. Though they literally had a whole scene dedicated to Tick's original point.

I hope Rogen isn't going the way of Adam Sandler comedies, but it seems he is. Ah well.
And its funny you mention Sandler because according to reports I'm hearing, he just made the most brilliant movie of his career and its getting Oscar buzz.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2019, 08:45:32 AM »
Exactly.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2019, 08:50:31 AM »

Eh...

And yeah, the pics in your original post are stylized and photoshopped, and I'd bet I could find pics of FLOTUS on the same level (especially from back in her modeling days).

Ok, I did this on purpose. :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2019, 08:51:08 AM »

And its funny you mention Sandler because according to reports I'm hearing, he just made the most brilliant movie of his career and its getting Oscar buzz.

yea, which is why I specified comedies. When he does drama, he's still pretty great. But his comedies...man.....and SR is going the same way. They're all the same movie with slightly different settings and it's really uninteresting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2019, 09:04:11 AM »

yea, which is why I specified comedies. When he does drama, he's still pretty great. But his comedies...man.....and SR is going the same way. They're all the same movie with slightly different settings and it's really uninteresting.
I 100% agree.

Online pg1067

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2019, 10:30:12 AM »
I remember seeing somewhere AOC was dating a web-developer. Riley Roberts (just looked up the article).

Who?

Ok, I did this on purpose. :lol

:P

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2019, 02:28:56 PM »
I remember seeing somewhere AOC was dating a web-developer. Riley Roberts (just looked up the article).

Who?

Alexandria Ocazio-Cortez
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online pg1067

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2019, 03:26:30 PM »
We need to revive the Jennifer Aniston thread from the MP forum.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2019, 03:34:06 PM »
Tick, I don't think you get that people get together for a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with looks. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."