Dream Theater > Concerts and Set Lists

London

<< < (9/9)

geeeemo:

--- Quote from: Max Kuehnau on February 27, 2020, 11:48:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Blokhut on February 27, 2020, 08:58:44 AM ---Had a great time saturday! The show was excellent (haven't been friday, so i can't say anything about that show), but i liked this one better than the Amsterdam show (which was great btw). The crowd was more enthousiastic (maybe because of the DVD recording) and the venue in London sure had a greater vibe.  Been to the Duke & Cornwall, before and afterwards. Maybe i drank one pint too many, considering the headache sunday morning.  ;D :angel:

Unfortunately, i had to stay one more day in London because of a cancelled Easyjet flight, due to heavy winds in Amsterdam. So, i went to Leicester square and Soho and grabbed a bite. A weekend to remember!  :metal

--- End quote ---
Doy after doy and noight after noight, reploying the event, once a disc sees a blue loight :D (seriously though, that's the consensus I read both here and elsewhere)

--- End quote ---

Lol!

We went Saturday - it was great!  I went to 4 concerts this tour. My son asked, what has been your favorite DT concert? (I have also seen TA 3x - and that is all).  Honestly they all have a different aspect that is great! For London, it was the bands performance!! Spirit was very moving (and not usually the case for me) and the the build-up of emotion that climaxed at the end of the show was. SO. Good. 

A cool thing.  I was reading a review today  https://decibelreport.com/live-reviews/dream-theater-live-at-hammersmith-apollo?fbclid=IwAR0vl_WeZe0Roe8_jmJp7ii7YF9bfyBf0vyKYu4Ujzb2CW_XT12P9HS_Q_I - and they had a pic of the crowd and the band.  I went to see if I could see us (doubtful as we were about row 12), but then see that it is a pic from one of the LA shows. We are in the 4th row there and yep - there we are.   :metal

The Curious Orange:
My God, that was a badly written review. "Musical molecules elided to create a controlled mass of sonic precision..." my arse.

Blokhut:

--- Quote from: The Curious Orange on February 28, 2020, 01:49:18 AM ---My God, that was a badly written review. "Musical molecules elided to create a controlled mass of sonic precision..." my arse.

--- End quote ---

reads like a medieval sound poem

"Mostly dipping their collective fingers into the darker end of the sonic spectrum

the palette of both ethereal and brimstone tones sizzled the ears

and super heightened the senses of an astonished audience"

Podaar:
Yeah, I read that yesterday and had to laugh. Someone is mistakenly proud of their vocabulary or guilty of thesaurus abuse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version