Author Topic: Guilty Pleasure Song or CD for 2019  (Read 994 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Guilty Pleasure Song or CD for 2019
« on: December 02, 2019, 08:55:25 AM »
I thought it would be fun to post a song or CD that is a "guilty pleasure" for 2019
For me it was this fun 80s sounding glam hair type  CD a bud involved sent me on a friend Matt Thorr and his new CD, PLATINUM OVERDOSE
it sounds like Trixter, Bulletboys, Slaughter and a tad of Biff from Saxon at times , go figure,  I think Tac and Stad will enjoy, like a any sugar based product consume at your risk  but its got some fun grooves   :metal :D
ENJOY and post one if ya got one

THOUGHTS?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh2r5OD7aeA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWeUWZadrKg
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 11:27:19 AM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Guilty Pleasure Song or CD for 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 09:14:44 AM »
can a nice mod move this to Gen Music  ,,,sorry I posted this in wrong section  my apologies
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 09:16:43 AM »
I listened to that link; the first song started awesome, but the chorus was just okay.   I got into typing a reply to a P/R question and let it go not realizing it would play a second song after, and man am I glad I did.  That second song - Rise Up - kicks ASS.  It's the melody to "Cherry Pie", but that's not a bad thing and I dig that singer.   That's the good friggin' tune.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 09:20:28 AM »
Im glad you enjoyed  its so yesteryear but so much fun, the CD is fun because it sounds so good and not a "cassette" LOL  the mix and sound is very good on it

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 09:27:28 AM »
Actually, the first song played again after (I don't know if it's a different mix or something) but it sounded better the second time around.  Thanks for the tip, that IS right up my alley.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »
my pleasure STAD!!!

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 07:46:18 PM »
It needs to be released in 2019? Or can it be something we discovered in 2019 that could be from decades ago or twenty years ago?
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 08:07:05 PM »
Well, I've been listening to a lot of JPop/JRock recently this year (which is really something out of the norm for me that I always wanted to dive more into) and for me, Aimer was the greatest discovery of a band/artist for me this year.  I don't think if I can really call it a guilty pleasure, but it's close to one for me this year.  It's so odd to hear a vocalist that can sing acoustic stuff, the rock stuff that somewhat reminds me of Evanescence, the upbeat stuff, the sorrowful bombastic orchestral stuff, and can also go full pop, but dang it, her voice just makes it work in all of these outlets so seamlessly.  Here are some songs.

We Two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL7oMlMgDBc

3Min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGRCx-g402I

Here's also the song that got me into diving into her work, Brave Shine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byPofX1IEZY

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 09:56:57 PM »
Well my go to guilty pleasure is Babymetal, so I'll drop my favorite track from their last album... Starlight... Babymetal likes to sample all the genres, this is their take on djent, complete with growls...

https://open.spotify.com/track/2iAIBHvSNH5oHrCCpmeaBV?si=ovgYaZxHTfG_nZe2418vbA

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 02:14:08 AM »
There's an italian company for funeral honours that became famous for their brilliant, funny and witty commercials on social media, offering often sarcastic and funny social commentary through the lens of "well, remember that you all end up eventually here with us". I assume everyone follows them just to enjoy their FB and Instagram posts.

Well, this summer they took it to the next level and they commissioned a song for their funeral services, called Magari Muori ("Maybe you'll Die"), which is an hilarous reggaeton with lyrics in the Carpe Diem category - they're not about hoping you'll die so that you'll use their funeral services, it's more of a "enjoy life, who knows if tomorrow you'll still be alive", but with a very funny approach.

This made me discover the singer for the song, one Romina Falconi, which shouldn't interest me at all because she's your usual pop italian singer, but her songs - including the funeral services one - are so catchy and witty with clever and above average lyrics, that I can't help but enjoying them.

So that has been my main summer guilty pleasure - enjoying a pop reggaeton song about enjoying life in case tomorrow you'll die (and other assorted pop songs from the same singer).
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 07:28:11 AM »
 White Lion - Pride
    Just listened to it a couple nights ago. A cool album with good production and a unique singer. A good melodic hard rock band from the late 80's.  Great lead guitar player too!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 07:45:54 AM »
I must have listened to Let in Enfold You by Senses Fail about 200 times this year.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 09:27:37 AM »
Glad everyone is enjoying  ...

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 09:29:27 AM »
I have no guilty pleasures :2metal:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 09:29:44 AM »
It needs to be released in 2019? Or can it be something we discovered in 2019 that could be from decades ago or twenty years ago?

well this year would be best but please share anyway if its not 2019

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 09:30:13 AM »
I have no guilty pleasures :2metal:

work on that :  )

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 09:31:21 AM »
Well my go to guilty pleasure is Babymetal, so I'll drop my favorite track from their last album... Starlight... Babymetal likes to sample all the genres, this is their take on djent, complete with growls...

I cant open spotify as Im not on it  but will look into that

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2019, 08:12:04 PM »

I cant open spotify as Im not on it  but will look into that

It's on youtube as well.