Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 12613 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
Maybe you're clairvoyant or something.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2011, 05:57:51 PM »
Maybe you're clairvoyant or something.
That's not the first time things like this have happened... :justjen

lolz

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »
I had a dream that was part zombie apocolypse part Dexter the other night. Cole and Perpetual Change were there as well, it was pretty weird. Don't remember much else besides Cole saying something stupid and everyone shitting on him for it.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2011, 02:58:13 AM »
Tonight, I had a glimpse of a lucid dream!

I dreamed I was at a Dark Tranquillity concert. Mikael Stanne, the singer, came off stage afterwards, and we started to hang out. He was drunk for some reason and tried giving me money - he put a few 100 crowns bills in my pocket. I took them out because I thought I couldn't take his money, but when I looked at it in my hand, I noticed it looked weird. The bills were way too small and had none of the usual pictures/text on it. That was when I thought "This does not make sense. This is a dream." Naturally I became very excited, and I started slipping out of the dream because of that - I tried spinning and all that but I still woke up.

It's still awesome because now I know I can do it! :biggrin:

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2011, 10:20:57 PM »
Alright, last night I went to sleep really chemically unbalanced in my brain and depressed and sick and whatever and had this absolute barrage of fever dreams.

The first had something to do with Harry Potter, but the one after that was way better so I won't waste time on it

The big dream of the night was really clear and powerful. I watched without perspective from afar at a huge universe full of reason and logic and without predictability. There was plenty of space as we know it, but there were also these huge light purple clouds all around as well, billions of lightyears across.

Suddenly, a black hole appeared and began to pull things toward it as a time lapse of eons per second made the huge act pass right before my eyes.

As the objects (stars mostly) approached the center, the different affects of relativity took over and time stood almost completely still as more and more things packed toward it. As everything gathered in the center, unimaginable amounts of compression took place and forced all of the mass together into a single ball.

Finally, after unimaginable expanses of time, the center of the black hole collapsed and took with it all of the things it had pulled in. I then saw where all of that mass went inside the black hole. There was nothing but complete black and that infernal ball of matter the size of a microbe.

And just then, the pressure from the black hole was gone and all of the matter shot out in every direction in an incredible explosion as eon after eon passed in the blink of an eye.

And I watched as clouds of dust formed stars and stars died to form other stars and matter in absolute chaos.

Then I watched as right before me a star caught in its gravity several planets.

One of them was harshly volcanic and poisonous, and within moments flooded with water and became Earth.

I woke up screaming in my mind,

THAT'S why there's no source of anything

there are infinite universes feeding into each other through black holes in the universes that occupied them before

it's all chaos

we live in a black hole from which there is no escape

i need to stop dreaming

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2011, 10:32:24 PM »
whoa

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2011, 10:35:39 PM »
Alright, last night I went to sleep really chemically unbalanced in my brain and depressed and sick and whatever and had this absolute barrage of fever dreams.

The first had something to do with Harry Potter, but the one after that was way better so I won't waste time on it

The big dream of the night was really clear and powerful. I watched without perspective from afar at a huge universe full of reason and logic and without predictability. There was plenty of space as we know it, but there were also these huge light purple clouds all around as well, billions of lightyears across.

Suddenly, a black hole appeared and began to pull things toward it as a time lapse of eons per second made the huge act pass right before my eyes.

As the objects (stars mostly) approached the center, the different affects of relativity took over and time stood almost completely still as more and more things packed toward it. As everything gathered in the center, unimaginable amounts of compression took place and forced all of the mass together into a single ball.

Finally, after unimaginable expanses of time, the center of the black hole collapsed and took with it all of the things it had pulled in. I then saw where all of that mass went inside the black hole. There was nothing but complete black and that infernal ball of matter the size of a microbe.

And just then, the pressure from the black hole was gone and all of the matter shot out in every direction in an incredible explosion as eon after eon passed in the blink of an eye.

And I watched as clouds of dust formed stars and stars died to form other stars and matter in absolute chaos.

One of them was harshly volcanic and poisonous, and within moments flooded with water and became Earth.

there are infinite universes feeding into each other through black holes in the universes that occupied them before

it's all chaos

i need to stop dreaming

dreams are just dreams...nothing more, nothing less. THEY AREN'T REAL.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:50:22 AM by ricky »
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »

That depends on how you define real.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »

That depends on how you define real.

im curious, in all seriousness, you guys seriously, truly believe that dreams "tell us something about ourselves" and that "they mean something"?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:50:04 AM by ricky »
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2011, 10:56:26 PM »
What does analyzing dreams have to do with being afraid or weak?

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2011, 08:48:51 AM »
Ricky

what the fuck are you talking about

Offline SixDegrees

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2011, 09:22:13 AM »
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:51:05 AM by SixDegrees »

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2011, 09:57:13 AM »
im curious, in all seriousness, you guys seriously, truly believe that dreams "tell us something about ourselves" and that "they mean something"?

I don't think they mean anything. They are far to rediculous most of the time to have any real meaning. I had a dream once that I was eating dolphin cereal. Mini living dolphins were swimming around in the bowl.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2011, 10:33:26 AM »
i just re-read what i wrote last night, and it did come off as kind of brash. sorry about that, guys. i edited the posts so that they don't seem so asshole-ish.

there's reason why i am so passionate about this subject.

2 weeks ago a buddy i work with was hit head on by a car while riding his bicycle down a busy road. he escaped with minor injuries, thank god. So yesterday at work, i was chatting with another coworker who had no idea about the incident. After i told her what happened, she told me that the day before the wreck happened she had a dream and that in it, that exact coworker had got hit by a car.

It kind of made me angry, how she thought she could predict something like that. Anyways, it gives you more insight into how i feel.

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2011, 10:49:54 AM »

it's all chaos

i need to stop dreaming

I wanna hear the Harry Potter one.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:46 AM »
2 weeks ago a buddy i work with was hit head on by a car while riding his bicycle down a busy road. he escaped with minor injuries, thank god. So yesterday at work, i was chatting with another coworker who had no idea about the incident. After i told her what happened, she told me that the day before the wreck happened she had a dream and that in it, that exact coworker had got hit by a car.

That's always freaky when that happens, and while it's tempting to write it off as "just a coincidence" I always wonder yeah, but what if it's not?

A friend of mine had a dream one time where he was walking home from somewhere, and noticed someone following him.  He started walking faster, then running, as the person chased him.  The person shot at him just as he was getting to the front door of his house, and in the dream, he could feel the bullets hit him.  Then the phone rang in real life, waking him up.

It was his sister calling.  She had just gotten shot at by someone.  They had followed her and shot at her, barely missing her just as she got in the front door of her apartment building.  She called the police, then called home to talk to mom because she was still really freaked out.  Coincidence?

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2011, 10:55:37 AM »
Wow that's weird.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2011, 11:13:22 AM »
Yeah, that's what I mean when I say What if it's not just coincidence?  What if there's some kind of connection that allowed him to "sense" what was happening to his sister, and it manifested itself as a dream?  He was dreaming about it happening to him while it was happening to her in real life at the same time.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2012, 11:18:05 AM »
Resurrecting this thread from long ago because I had a pretty cool dream that I wanted to share.

----------

I was at the mall with my wife and kids.  My son is now 20 and my daughter is 14, but they will always be "the kids" to me.  Up ahead of us, there's this guy about my son's age standing there looking at us, actually looking at my son.  He doesn't look particularly tough, but he does look pissed about something.

My son gets this look of disappointment and says "What, you want to do this now?"

Four other guys appear, friends of the first guy.  They're all about 20, and all pretty good-sized guys.  Two of them are wearing green and gold varsity jackets.  My son's high school colors were green and gold; these guys were on the football team.

My son says sarcastically "Oh, you brought your army with you.  That's fair."

I glance over at my wife and daughter and wave them back.  My wife puts her arm around our daughter and they move away.

There are two kinds of dreams.  Sometimes, there's crazy shit happening.  You can fly, or breathe underwater, or lift cars with your bare hands or something.  These can be fun if, while still in the dream, you figure out that's it not real and take advantage of it.

Then there's the kind where things are very realistic, and everything is playing out just as it would if you were to encounter such a situation in real life.  This dream was the second kind.  High level of detail, none of the floaty, surreal feeling.  To me it was all real.

My son is in trouble.  Whatever he did, he's got five guys pissed off enough to beat the shit out of him right here in the mall.  They've spread out a bit, mostly encircling us.

Now, much has been said about my appearance.  I'm full Asian and have some pretty ridiculous facial hair, and people say I look "badass".  But the truth is, I'm a pacifist and have no idea how to fight.  These guys will probably beat the shit out of both of us.

But they don't know that!

I stand next to my son and adopt a defensive pose.  When this all started happening, we were nearing the food court, and I had pulled my wallet out to see how much cash I have, maybe we could grab something to eat.  I realize that I'm still standing there with my wallet in my hand, so I put it back in my pocket.  While I'm doing this, one of the guys comes up behind me.  I turn quickly and make eye contact with him, and he backs up.

My strategy is now to simply scare the fuck out of them.  I cannot actually take on five guys like in a Bruce Lee movie, but I will convince them that I can and that starting something with my son, with me there, is the worst mistake they've made in their lives.

My son is holding a knife in one hand (the hand nearer to me).  Really?  I cover his hand with mine so he can feel it, and take the knife.  It's a smooth transfer; he knows that it will probably do more good in my hand than in his.

The guys have started slowly stepping forward, cautiously but deliberately.  I dash forward and in about half a second, I grab the leader by the arm, slam his against the nearest wall, and stick the knife against his neck just under the jaw.  I press the tip in with just enough force to break the skin; I can see a little red spot.  "Do you feel that?" I ask.  "Kinda sharp, isn't it?  Maybe I should..." and I press just a little harder.  Blood starts trickling down his neck.  Not the greatest dialogue, but I didn't have a lot of time to think up anything better.

I look at the others, who are now not nearly as sure of themselves as they were a second ago.  They start backing away.

Suddenly, Sammy Hagar starts screaming/singing something that takes me a second to recognize.  It's a Van Halen song.  My "alarm" has gone off.  (Start the day with tunes, of course.)  I wake up.

----------

So that was interesting.  Obviously it was just a dream, but in the dream, I didn't know that.  I felt kinda proud of the way I handled it, and felt the need to share, even if none of it really happened.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2012, 11:33:39 AM »
I love when you use music as an alarm clock and you can hear the song in your dreams. Shit's so cash.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2012, 11:36:41 AM »
I agree. It's totally beast.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2012, 06:35:13 PM »
Dreams are such a weird thing.

I don't even know if they even serve a purpose.

Whether you believe in Creation or Evolution - either one doesn't really explain why they happen.

Just random make believe images in your brain when you sleep ?  ???

They're just bizarre. 

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »
When I was 14 up until a few years ago, I was heavily into lucid dreaming and it used to happen regularily, sometimes multiple times in one night. It really is astonishing what you can experience in this state. The emotions and the feelings are so much more intense and complex, there's really no way to explain it to someone unless they've felt it too. When we are kids our imagination is running wild and we think of all these fictional things that we wish we could do. Whatever our imagination can comprehend, it's possible to do in a dream.

I've always felt that dreams are an extension of our imagination and our subconscious. Things that happen in waking life, big or small, significant or pointless, have an effect on us. Dreams are something of a tool that our brain uses in order to see different outcomes, different situations, different effects. That's not to take any meaning away, dreams are extremely deep and complicated.

I'm only alive today because my lucid dreams saved my life. If I hadn't been able to fly, swim, do all the things I'm not able to do in waking life, I would have ended my life. It was an extremely dark time for me and I am certain I would have went through with it. That is why dreams are so important to me. Nothing I do here will ever compare to the lucid experiences I've had... completely beyond comprehension...
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2012, 07:03:16 PM »
The dreams i've had when I've been depressed were even worse than being awake.

I hate life.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2013, 07:27:41 AM »
So I didn't want to start a brand new thread for Sleepwalking/waking dreams so I'm gonna put this in here.

I just started 2 new jobs two weeks ago. One is in retail Pharmacy and the other is in Hospital Pharmacy. Between the 2 jobs I've been working 12 hour days, 7 days a week and the constant amount of time devoted to these jobs has spilled over into my dreams, or waking dreams in this case.

In a total subconscious daze, I have been getting out of bed at like 3:30am each night, turning on the light and have been re-creating the actions of my jobs with the random objects on my night-stand. Like for example, I had some guitar picks on my night stand and I have been counting them out as if they were medication pills. Or I have been lying in bed having the "feeling" that the bed was in the Pharmacy and I was surrounded by Pharmacists and felt the strong urge to get out of bed and get to work. Its a very surreal feeling.

Its relatively harmless, but its just something I wanted to share. Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

I also used to have really bad night terrors as a kid as well, so I just felt like I should throw that out there too.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2013, 08:54:41 AM »
I was in some library. It was gigantic. I was looking for someone named Scott. And then I remember picking up a book and hugging some random girl. Then I get out of this building and get into someone's car. That was it. Whose car was it? Find out in the next episode of... Lolzeez's dreams!

But seriously,this was weird. Anyone here with the name Scott?

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »
Occasionally I have dreams so wacky that one of my friends has even started writing short stories based on them.

I remember distinctly one where I was in a bond-esque type film, set in a city which had a rainforest growing amongst it (like one of those cambodian cities does, except it was a high-rise office type city). Naturally, all the bad guys were Morpheus from The Matrix, armed with crossbows.

There was some bit where I got captured by the Morpheuses, as did some young woman, who for some reason was without clothes. She shouted something at one of the morpheuses along the lines of "Eat your slimy human mucus" or something, knocked him out and then we escaped on a zip wire, and as one morpheus tried to shoot us from that window, another one accidentally shot himself in the arm.

...And then I was in the cinema, watching this film with friends, and one of them was cowering away (because of the arm shot), and there was something about a train, and someone commented "Don't worry, it's not Quantum Of Solace".

And then I woke up. I was very confused.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2013, 10:37:15 PM »
I don't remember the very start of my dream, but the first thing I remember, I'm at my primary school, and the teenage mutant ninja turtles are there, and they're fighting against some other group of 4 turtle characters that are a rip-off of them.

Then next thing, I'm with Elizabeth Banks for some reason, and Michael Bay is filming the new ninja turtles movie in the school playground, which mostly appears to be a giant game of soccer.
Then Elizabeth Banks tells me that she has a piece of paper with proof that Michael Bay doesn't hold the rights to film the new turtles movie, and they only have 2-3 days to sort out the issue before the rights to continue making the movie run out. So she was meeting with Michael Bay on the playground to come to an arrangement.
So Michael Bay meets up with us, and he's giving us a bit of a tour of the set to be friendly, and asks us what it's going to take to make us drop the issue and let them finish filming the movie. He's making worthless offers to get us to settle.
The first offer is to have us as an extra in the soccer game. I'm not into sport at all, so I'm not interested in his offer. I think his next offer was to be an extra with a line of dialog. I really just wanted money, so I wasn't interested in that either. He offers a couple of other worthless things that I don't care about. Trying to sound as apathetic towards his offers as possible, I said that we wanted to go away for a bit and think about it.

I walk aside with Elizabeth Banks and we discuss the offers. I told her I wasn't interested in being an offer, and then the idea came up about asking for my own comedy movie for some reason. Then she said we better decide quickly before it's too late and they can't make the movie anyway and we lose any chance of gaining from it. Then I asked her to hand me the evidence she had. It was a small scrap of paper, and written on it was something like "They don't know you in Brain". I didn't understand it. Apparently Brain was a place where they hadn't heard of the ninja turtles and thus the copyright wouldn't be valid, but it turns out she'd copied it wrong, and it was supposed to be Brian, not Brain. Michael Bay's researchers couldn't find a place called Brain in their research, so they were scared that it was a valid complaint, and wanted to hide all evidence.

So then I realized we better come to a deal really quickly before anybody notices that we're completely bluffing. As we're walking back, Michael Bay yells out "we'll throw in 15 million dollars". I stop right away and before he even finishes his sentence I say "we're ready to settle".
I try to remain as calm as I can, and say "I'm not interested in being an extra. I'm not into sports, or acting, so that doesn't interest me. We will just take the money, which we find acceptable." He says "deal".
So Elizabeth Banks then says "I guess we don't need this then" and rips up the piece of paper. Then Michael Bay realizes we now have nothing, and tries not to give it away by saying "well now that we''re in agreement, let's come back in a few days to sign the contracts", knowing that by then he'll be safe. I try to push to sign the contract now, realizing we're screwed.
So I do the only thing I can do. I rewind time to before he realizes. Then suddenly the dream turns into a reality show with me with a family with kids living in a run down house in the corner of the school hoping to get the money to fix up our house and feed our kids or something. The dream kind of drifted off there, and I woke up.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2013, 12:21:29 AM »
In last night's dream, I was visiting someone's house, and I needed to pee, so I went to the bathroom. There was no toilet, just a sinkhole in the ground where you pee. The floor was covered in pee. I got down on my knees to make it easier to pee on the hole, trying to avoid kneeling in pee. I started peeing, and I was peeing blue cum (or maybe it was blue milk, Star Wars style). Then I realize that there was a cat in the room, so this black cat walks right in front of where I was peeing, so I pee on the cat to get it to go away, because cats hate being wet, especially when it's blue cum, right?
But it just stands there instead just beside me, so I'm peeing all over this cat, so I figure it might annoy it if I pee on its face, but it just yawns, so I pee in its mouth. But it just sits there. So now I'm just dreaming I'm peeing blue cum into a cat's mouth. WTF brain?

Then I have another dream where it's like school, but not. My teacher is some old Asian dude from an Indian movie I watched recently. He gave me some extra folder of "work" to take home, but when I opened it, it was some letter about him that indicates I might be his son.
Then in the rest of the dream, it's an FPS game. I'm hold a holographic virtual reality gun that looks like it's from a video game, and I'm just walking around shooting people, but I don't think it was actually hurting them since it wasn't a real gun. I think it just overlaid VR bullet shots and sparks etc.
Then a bunch of dudes got pissed off, so they all started walking menacingly towards me, and I was shooting, but it wasn't doing anything, since it wasn't a real gun. Then I think the dream ended.

I swear I'm not this fucked up.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2019, 01:51:36 AM »
Just curious, when it comes to dreaming are you guys able to:

1. be aware you are dreaming?

2. Can you actually affect the dream at all or at the very least wake yourself up if you don't like where the dream is going?

The other night I was having the typical all over the place kind of dream, but it went in a direction that became very painful and I woke myself up. That's one thing I am grateful for is that I can wake myself up if need be. Typically I am not aware I am dreaming and can't affect them otherwise.

Offline 1upmushroom

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2019, 06:10:08 PM »
1. Yes.

2. Yes - I can change it or wake myself up if it doesn't go the way I want.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2019, 02:20:30 PM »
Anyone have more vivid dreams when they are sick?  I'm fighting a virus - boo - and last night I had a whopper of a stress dream.  I was on vacation and I started to get emails from various social media acquaintances that they were getting Paypal payments from me for $100.  So not friends or family, just people from my email list who I know only from social media contacts.

Well, naturally in my dream I start to panic.  Someone hacked my Paypal account and email contacts and is distributing funds from my bank account.  I'm trying to log onto my Paypal account to shut it down but because I'm on vacation, I don't have a secure wi-fi and I keep getting tossed out.  I jump in the car to drive to a computer repair shop and suddenly I'm back in my home town but it's night time now and the shop is closed.  I also keep running into people who are thanking me for the money!  Every thing I try, every where I go, I cannot stop the hackers.

When my alarm goes off, I'm in a cold sweat and in a panic.  And all day I feel like I've got this horrible nagging feeling like something very bad is going to happen if I don't do something.  But what?

Fuck it - I think I need a sick day and a  :chill pill.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2019, 02:24:25 PM »
YES.   I got sick a month or so ago - flu-like symtoms (chills, fever, body aches, etc.) and for the two days (or so) before the chills/fever broke, I had some whack dreams.  Not whack as in dark or erotic or anything, just really vivid and not very linear.