Author Topic: THE John Petrucci thread  (Read 21384 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: THE John Petrucci thread
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2022, 09:25:27 AM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2022, 04:29:37 PM »
Thanks, buddy!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2022, 05:40:20 PM »
Is that really how much it was? That's fucked.
$5,499 actually.  Here it is - https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-Music-Man/Majesty-6-Quilt-Top-Electric-Guitar-Hydrospace-1500000351759.gc

There is no way I would ever pay that.

Meh, minority priorities. I'll bet either of you would pay $5,400 for something that would baffle me, and I know for sure I have spent that much on something you all would find crazy. I think it's a beautiful instrument and it's probably worth every penny to the right player. EB wouldn't make them if they couldn't sell them.
It was very very nice!  I didn't play it, but got to touch and feel it when I was in the store, and it's a beautiful instrument for sure.  But yeah, I wouldn't pay that much.  They had a few other JP Majesty guitars there in the $3,000 range (not sure what all the differences were to account for the difference in price) - but I'd probably go that way if I was ever serious about picking one up.

The Hydrospace finish is one of these small batch runs that EBMM sometimes does with the JP models. They might only put out one or two hundred of them and they usually have a distinct finish and use the higher end woods they they have access to.

$5,499 actually.  Here it is - https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-Music-Man/Majesty-6-Quilt-Top-Electric-Guitar-Hydrospace-1500000351759.gc

Meh, minority priorities. I'll bet either of you would pay $5,400 for something that would baffle me, and I know for sure I have spent that much on something you all would find crazy. I think it's a beautiful instrument and it's probably worth every penny to the right player. EB wouldn't make them if they couldn't sell them.

I read somewhere that one of those Majesty guitars (no idea which version) is MusicMang's best selling guitar. I'm pretty sure it was one of the more expensive ones too.

Edit: I think I read this on this forum or perhaps even in this thread.

I haven't seen the exact stats, but I believe it's that the Petrucci line of signature models (which would include the Majesty, the older signature models, and maybe also the budget Sterling versions) is the second best selling artist line, behind only the Les Paul.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2022, 06:41:41 PM »
Thanks, buddy!

Awww...you called me Buddy.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kram

« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2022, 07:15:09 PM »

It was very very nice!  I didn't play it, but got to touch and feel it when I was in the store, and it's a beautiful instrument for sure.  But yeah, I wouldn't pay that much.  They had a few other JP Majesty guitars there in the $3,000 range (not sure what all the differences were to account for the difference in price) - but I'd probably go that way if I was ever serious about picking one up.

The Hydrospace finish is one of these small batch runs that EBMM sometimes does with the JP models. They might only put out one or two hundred of them and they usually have a distinct finish and use the higher end woods they they have access to.

I read somewhere that one of those Majesty guitars (no idea which version) is MusicMang's best selling guitar. I'm pretty sure it was one of the more expensive ones too.

Edit: I think I read this on this forum or perhaps even in this thread.

I haven't seen the exact stats, but I believe it's that the Petrucci line of signature models (which would include the Majesty, the older signature models, and maybe also the budget Sterling versions) is the second best selling artist line, behind only the Les Paul.
Thanks for the clarification, makes sense - but I'd still go the $3K route if I were to get serious about picking one up.

And I have heard that as well (2nd best selling signature guitar of all time behind the Les Paul).  I believe I even heard JP himself say that in an interview in the last year or two..
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 12:18:15 PM by Kram »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2022, 12:49:46 AM »
Second best signature line behind Les Paul?  Well done JP, never would have picked that, outstanding.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2022, 01:05:23 AM »
Second best signature line behind Les Paul?  Well done JP, never would have picked that, outstanding.

I find it hard to believe that Majestys could come anywhere near the sales of Ibanez Jem over the years.  That's amazing if true.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Awaken

« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2022, 03:22:36 AM »
This article from 2019 references Forbes' statement regarding JP signature models; 'According to Forbes, the top selling signature model of all time is technically the Gibson Les Paul with John Petrucci’s right behind it.'

Appears to take into account the sale of Sterling models, which may/may not be fair as I'm not aware of many other popular signature models (i.e. Clapton, Yngwie) being offered by the main brand's budget line.  Either way - it's an impressive accomplishment for EBMM and JP.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/features/the_not-so-secret_success_of_john_petrucci_and_ernie_balls_signature_models-90453

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2022, 03:24:51 AM »
How would you guys rate his last 3 albums purely on riffs and solos? I guess I would go:

LTE3
Terminal Velocity
A View

Offline Kram

« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2022, 12:54:02 PM »
How would you guys rate his last 3 albums purely on riffs and solos? I guess I would go:

LTE3
Terminal Velocity
A View
Terminal Velocity
LTE3
A View

There's some crazy playing on TV.  I mean there's crazy playing on all of them, but that's how I would rank them.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2022, 12:56:23 PM »
If we are counting the improv sessions from LTE3:

LTE3
Terminal Velocity
AVFTTOTW

If only the main disc of LT3

Terminal Velocity
LTE3
AVFTTOTW