Author Topic: THE John Petrucci thread  (Read 22182 times)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Re: THE John Petrucci thread
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2021, 06:15:18 AM »
Wow, it really is!! Is it a real drummer on this? The drumming is excellent, the style is very similar to Mangini's.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline erciccio

« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2021, 06:36:31 AM »
Super cool!

It would perfectly fit Terminal Velocity...and to my ears it's better than most of what he has played in AVFTTOTW

Ora che ho perso la vista,ci vedo di più

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2021, 09:52:36 AM »
I'm so pumped about my new collaboration with Neural DSP, Archetype: Petrucci! Get your 14-day free trial at neuraldsp.com/plugins/archetype-petrucci

🔥 4 unique amplifiers
🔥 Wah, Compressor, Overdrive, Phaser/Vibe, Chorus, and Flanger
🔥 Cabsim + IR loader with IRs made by Jimmy T at DTHQ
🔥 Room mic section with adjustable level and distance
🔥 Transpose control to pitch your instrument up or down
🔥 Doubler projects your signal to a stereo field
🔥 Metronome allows you to control time signature, accent sounds, and note values
🔥 4-Band Semi-Parametric EQ
🔥 MIDI-controllable volume pedal
🔥 Stereo Chorus
🔥 Stereo Delay
🔥 Reverb with Shimmer
🔥 Standalone version included - no DAW required

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wzdppk2_F9w

I'm honestly much more interested in the backing track, which sounds more like a new JP solo track we've never heard before :eek

Does any one know what brand of shoes is JP wearing in this video?

Offline Tunnel Vision

« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2021, 10:16:42 AM »

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2021, 12:03:09 PM »
I wonder if there is a name to this track.

Offline Kram

« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2021, 02:02:58 PM »
Petrucci rules!!!  And it does sound like MM on drums.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2021, 03:28:18 PM »

I believe they are Philipp Plein
https://www.plein.com/us/phantom-kick%24-hi-top-leather-mix-skull/A19S-MSC2364-PLE006N_02.html?cgid=sneaker-men-high_top

My good lord those are some sick shoes, but the price tag is prohibitive for me now. Thanks for sharing the info.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2021, 03:39:28 PM »

https://www.plein.com/us/phantom-kick%24-hi-top-leather-mix-skull/A19S-MSC2364-PLE006N_02.html?cgid=sneaker-men-high_top

My good lord those are some sick shoes, but the price tag is prohibitive for me now. Thanks for sharing the info.

Holy shit, you ain't kidding.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2021, 04:10:42 PM »

At least they're cheaper than a Majesty :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2021, 04:48:22 PM »

What do you mean?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2021, 04:53:14 PM »
MP Majesty shoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U81ETXCbiL4

Sadly these are impossible to find, I would buy those.

Offline Kram

« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2021, 05:05:20 PM »

What do you mean?
Majesty guitar.  I was in Guitar Center the other day - they had one for $5,349 - was pretty sweet though!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2021, 06:06:12 PM »
Is that really how much it was? That's fucked.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kram

« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2021, 06:45:10 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2021, 06:47:40 PM »

Offline Kram

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2021, 07:10:02 PM »
Most majesty guitars start around $3000, the Family Reserve are a little more expensive at $4000 and up.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2021, 11:19:34 AM »
Most majesty guitars start around $3000, the Family Reserve are a little more expensive at $4000 and up.

Some Majesty's are less expensive... especially when you purchase from a forum member  :biggrin:  Nothin' but love for Victor; I know Copper has a good home and is being exercised regularly.

Wonder what Mesa thinks of this?  Honestly, from my single DSP experience, I don't see why JP and Maddy can't load JP's entire rig/set-up catalog in the DSP and tote the thing on tour with a 1x12 cab and mic it into the PA system of the venue.  Think about how much easier/cheaper travel would be for JP... and JMX as well if he chose to work with Neural.  With the quality of solid state and plugin type system amps improving at a parabolic rate, boutique amp companies may be in for a shock in the next few years.

I've though long and hard about replacing my rig with a Neural DSP and calling it a day.  It's a tough decision tho... love my PRS MT and my Positive Grid.

Love the song too... must be a cut from TV that didn't make the album. 

JP seems to only put his stamp on quality items... the Beard Oil is honestly different than any other oil I've used or made for myself (tight cranberry, leather, and spice smell that does last), picks, straps, and guitars are all a cut above the rest, PUPs are incredible... take your pick.  I'm on the list for the Whiskey if there's another run of it... I'm sure it's quality.  As someone else said... he has an appreciation for multiple income streams and he truly is a Brand.  Personally, I'm very happy for and proud of JP!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2021, 03:38:14 PM »
I wish the backing track was on TV or A View, I think I like it better than anything on TV tbh lol. Sick  song

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2022, 12:07:12 PM »
New Archetype: Petrucci video https://youtu.be/-3IvgVHYpAQ

He also talks a little bit about that new track, which is something he wrote inspired by and entirely using the new plugin. It's called Mystic Fyre (as you can read in the video description) :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2022, 02:23:56 PM »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2022, 02:33:33 PM »
If I paid that much, then JP has to come to my house every night to play it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2022, 02:34:46 PM »
 :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2022, 05:38:42 AM »
$5,499 actually.  Here it is - https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-Music-Man/Majesty-6-Quilt-Top-Electric-Guitar-Hydrospace-1500000351759.gc

There is no way I would ever pay that.

Meh, minority priorities. I'll bet either of you would pay $5,400 for something that would baffle me, and I know for sure I have spent that much on something you all would find crazy. I think it's a beautiful instrument and it's probably worth every penny to the right player. EB wouldn't make them if they couldn't sell them.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2022, 07:50:05 AM »
$5,499 actually.  Here it is - https://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-Music-Man/Majesty-6-Quilt-Top-Electric-Guitar-Hydrospace-1500000351759.gc

Meh, minority priorities. I'll bet either of you would pay $5,400 for something that would baffle me, and I know for sure I have spent that much on something you all would find crazy. I think it's a beautiful instrument and it's probably worth every penny to the right player. EB wouldn't make them if they couldn't sell them.

I don’t think I’d spend that on anything that would baffle you, honestly.

Offline Kram

« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2022, 10:05:33 AM »

It was very very nice!  I didn't play it, but got to touch and feel it when I was in the store, and it's a beautiful instrument for sure.  But yeah, I wouldn't pay that much.  They had a few other JP Majesty guitars there in the $3,000 range (not sure what all the differences were to account for the difference in price) - but I'd probably go that way if I was ever serious about picking one up.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2022, 11:21:31 AM »

I read somewhere that one of those Majesty guitars (no idea which version) is MusicMang's best selling guitar. I'm pretty sure it was one of the more expensive ones too.

Edit: I think I read this on this forum or perhaps even in this thread.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 03:02:41 PM by Herrick »
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2022, 01:05:54 PM »

Disneyworld Vacation?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2022, 01:29:54 PM »

Besides a big ticket item like a car, I have never spent that amount on one single thing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2022, 06:24:22 PM »

Disneyworld Vacation?

Have never spent $5000 on a Disney vacation.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2022, 02:32:48 PM »

Disneyworld Vacation?

What about a Lampoons vacation?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2022, 03:48:28 PM »

Disneyworld Vacation?

Then you're doing it wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2022, 03:53:06 PM »
Geesh, I can't win can I?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2022, 05:21:11 AM »
 :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2022, 07:55:56 AM »
Geesh, I can't win can I?
Why start now?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.