Author Topic: Fix the setlist (spoiler alert!)  (Read 8992 times)

Offline Trav86

Re: Fix the setlist (spoiler alert!)
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2022, 08:23:11 AM »
For me this isn’t “fixing” the current setlist. I’m thinking what they could do if they make another round through NA later in the year, or next year. I actually love the setlist now.

The Alien
Just Let Me Breathe
Sleeping Giant
The Glass Prison
Behind the Veil
Answering the Call
Solitary Shell
Voices
A View from the Top of the World
—————————-
Octavarium
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2022, 09:06:22 AM »

I was also thinking Just Let Me Breathe could occupy that second spot - it would be a really unusual but welcome addition!

I kind of think they will keep Invisible Monster in the set, even if they make significant changes elsewhere.

Online geeeemo

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2022, 10:28:45 AM »
For me this isn’t “fixing” the current setlist. I’m thinking what they could do if they make another round through NA later in the year, or next year. I actually love the setlist now.

The Alien
Just Let Me Breathe
Sleeping Giant
The Glass Prison
Behind the Veil
Answering the Call
Solitary Shell
Voices
—————————-
Octavarium

Perfect!!

Offline Trav86

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2022, 11:55:00 AM »

The Alien
Just Let Me Breathe
Sleeping Giant
The Glass Prison
Behind the Veil
Answering the Call
Solitary Shell
Voices
—————————-
Octavarium

Perfect!!

I’m glad you like it. Looking back, I think I would trade out The Glass Prison for Blind Faith. But I would be happy with either.
Can't we find the minds

Online geeeemo

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2022, 12:24:17 PM »

The Alien
Just Let Me Breathe
Sleeping Giant
The Glass Prison
Behind the Veil
Answering the Call
Solitary Shell
Voices
—————————-
Octavarium

Perfect!!

I’m glad you like it. Looking back, I think I would trade out The Glass Prison for Blind Faith. But I would be happy with either.

I wonder... with the complaints that can come about James singing. Would TGP work well?  The vocals to me are fairly defining in the song. And Portnoy had a share of them. (which I love. I love that it's kinda growly but not. And not overdone) JP just isnt' a growler. And then if they piped in Portnoys parts?? Can they do that? If they did, omgosh. The complaints.

Offline Kram

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2022, 12:29:11 PM »

The Alien
Just Let Me Breathe
Sleeping Giant
The Glass Prison
Behind the Veil
Answering the Call
Solitary Shell
Voices
—————————-
Octavarium

Perfect!!

Good setlist - and either TGP or Blind Faith would work for me.  I would probably trade out Just Let me Breath for Peruvian Skies though - and maybe switch it's position with Sleeping Giant (Sleeping Giant 2nd Peruvian Skies 3rd).

Offline Trav86

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2022, 12:31:57 PM »
What’s funny is that vocal parts that are really “growly” are JP. Look up the live video from Bucharest 2002. You can see Mike and JP going back and forth on the background vocals.

And they could pipe it in and JP can just mimic it at the mic like they do with other stuff now.  It’s not that big of a deal to me.   Of course some people around here think they’re turning into Milli Vanilli if they don’t do all the vocal tracks live.
Can't we find the minds

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2022, 01:44:09 PM »

The Alien
Just Let Me Breathe
Sleeping Giant
The Glass Prison
Behind the Veil
Answering the Call
Solitary Shell
Voices
—————————-
Octavarium

Perfect!!

I wonder... with the complaints that can come about James singing. Would TGP work well?  The vocals to me are fairly defining in the song. And Portnoy had a share of them. (which I love. I love that it's kinda growly but not. And not overdone) JP just isnt' a growler. And then if they piped in Portnoys parts?? Can they do that? If they did, omgosh. The complaints.

Considering the complaints about his vocals on this very tour, I have thought about the very same thing when these songs get listed. And honestly, I find the thought of those complaints humorous, due to what the band will do to those songs people want to hear. The band is what it is now, and if you understand that, you will know they will be piping in backing vocals and other parts, and it will likely be in studio tempo as well.

I understand how much will possibly be piped in for S2N, and the chorus to Surrender to Reason, I can see them piping in the higher 'Restless Angels' while JLB does the lower vocal range. I do not mind JLB doing those and other lower vocal harmonies. The Glass Prison will likely have the first verse being piped in with JLB doing his response parts, and maybe they'll rely on the audience to emphasize those lyrics.

Constant Motion doesn't sound too bad with JLB doing all the trade-off vocals. I think The Glass Prison would be too demanding for JLB to do it that way.

Either way, I would still like to see all those choices live.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2022, 03:58:35 AM »
I applaud the general concept of playing some new songs, but not going overkill with it, and to dust off some rarities we haven't heard in years. So I'm just happy with the set, if I had a hand in it however....

The Alien
6:00
Answering the Call
Endless Sacrifice
Bridges in the Sky
Invisible Monster
About to Crash
Trascending Time
Panic Attack
A View From the Top of the World
-----
The Count of Tuscany

Look, I like Ministry, but since there are so many long songs already, I sacrifice that one for a song off Octavarium, an album neglected for years and years, and another new one I dig, Trascending Time. If 5 new songs are too much, The Bigger Picture will do instead.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!