Author Topic: Blast from the past to be back amongst friends.  (Read 718 times)

Offline playfan

Blast from the past to be back amongst friends.
« on: November 12, 2019, 07:19:02 AM »
Hi there DT Forum,

I used to be a regular MP Forum reader (and less occasional contributor) but upon returning to this DT Forum for the first time in years I was pleasantly surprised to see the regular MP Forum crowd still seems to be here, Stadler, Emtee, Dave Manchester (even with the same pic of that album he spoke about) and many others I remember reading countless replies of over the years... 
As for me, well I wasn't exactly at the centre of any of the regular crowd but I lurked about a little bit before leaving forum world pretty permanently after MP shut his down. I've been lucky enough to be performing music for a living these past 3 or so years with a local guitar player, but I think it might be nice to hang out in a forum again and see what everyone is up to these days. 
(To be honest, the reason I landed up here today originally was because I came across an article of MPs latest antics, no comment, but then when I saw everyone from the old days still here, I thought I should pop my head out and say hi). 
So, hi forum! I was playfan before and still am, guy all the way from South Africa. I'm a keyboardist and I play for a guitar player called Dan Patlansky that people in the blues rock scene might be familiar with. Anywho, good to be back!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Blast from the past to be back amongst friends.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 08:22:24 AM »
Hello there! This forum is pretty fun and a frequent stopping place for me personally. Even if there's days I don't post or comment a lot I'm still reading a lot of what the members are discussing. Throw yourself into the mix  :biggrin:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 08:31:46 AM »
Good to see you, playfan.  Stick around! 

Online faizoff

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 11:20:06 AM »
I remember you! Welcome to the forum!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline playfan

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »
I've had a considerable lack of good new music suggestions to go on these last two or so years, the forum used to be a great place to speak about good new and old music prog and otherwise. Looking forward to getting back into the mix!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 05:57:02 AM »
Welcome, can't wait to get to know you :mora:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise