Author Topic: Mr. Robot  (Read 47276 times)

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
Re: Mr. Robot
« Reply #420 on: March 28, 2022, 09:42:08 AM »
One of the best dramas I've seen in recent memory.

For anyone interested, I highly recommend taking the plunge—unlike so many other shows, Mr. Robot's 4th and final season is incredoibly strong and I personally think the show went out on a high.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #421 on: March 28, 2022, 03:46:29 PM »
I'll reiterate again, those first 5-6 mins of the show are a fantastic tone setter for the rest of the series.

I have to go back and watch this again.....but then I'm sure I'll be hooked and just do a total re-watch.

It's funny you say that, I was in two minds of just watching a little bit of the pilot and stopping but just couldn't.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #422 on: March 28, 2022, 10:36:17 PM »
I'll reiterate again, those first 5-6 mins of the show are a fantastic tone setter for the rest of the series.

I have to go back and watch this again.....but then I'm sure I'll be hooked and just do a total re-watch.

It's funny you say that, I was in two minds of just watching a little bit of the pilot and stopping but just couldn't.

Dammit faizoff……..was just going to watch the first few minutes. Just watched Ep 1 and man, I forgot just how GOOD this show is.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline faizoff

« Reply #423 on: March 28, 2022, 11:17:24 PM »
Happy to oblige  ;D  sooo good.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #424 on: March 29, 2022, 07:09:41 AM »
My middle son has been wanting a new show to watch.....I told him about this one and he was interested. I may re-watch Ep 1 with him and then just do a re-watch alone with his first viewing.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #425 on: March 29, 2022, 07:29:00 AM »
Awesome. The trippy withdrawal scene from episode 4 with Elliot has some pretty cool setups for the final season that I'd forgotten.

Spoilers for the series below..

Angela in a wedding dress, and telling Elliot 'You're not Elliot.. you're....." then gets cut off. Some hints on different personalities of Elliot right off the bat that I hadn't picked up.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #426 on: March 29, 2022, 07:31:55 AM »

Angela in a wedding dress, and telling Elliot 'You're not Elliot.. you're....." then gets cut off. Some hints on different personalities of Elliot right off the bat that I hadn't picked up.

Yeah....Even in Ep 1 when Elliot gets invited to the boardwalk by Mr. Robot and they're walking around inside talking.....from the moment the door opens and all the way through that scene the way the characters look at them was really well done. That's one of the cool things about having a person who had an end game in sight from day one....those small details.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #427 on: April 02, 2022, 08:27:20 PM »

Yeah....Even in Ep 1 when Elliot gets invited to the boardwalk by Mr. Robot and they're walking around inside talking.....from the moment the door opens and all the way through that scene the way the characters look at them was really well done. That's one of the cool things about having a person who had an end game in sight from day one....those small details.

For sure!

On season 3 now, it's a lot more straight forward than season 2. Looking back at season 2, it was really fantastic and laid the groundwork for season 3 & 4.

Some season 2 thoughts....

On my lastest viewing of season 2 I didn't realize before that Joanna was with that other bartender guy solely to set Scott up as the fall guy with his manufactured alibi. In hindsight it should be obvious but I guess it got lost on the tons of things to keep track of. With all that intercutting and out of sequence parts, it probably was easy to forget.

Also Darlene was straight up turning evil with offing that E-Corp exec and I guess only reason she sorta trurned it around was when the FBI caught up to all her shenanigans.

God damn do I love the intricacies in this show.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #428 on: July 26, 2022, 11:19:24 PM »
Just watched the final 20 minutes of the series for the heck of it……man…..powerful stuff that still makes my eyes well up.

This show was/is top tier from start to finish. So well done on every aspect.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #429 on: July 27, 2022, 05:27:30 AM »
I must have watched that scene with Krista and Elliot about 50 times. It's so well done, everything about it, the music cinematography, everything. I've been listening to the soundtrack on and off and the music in that scene is based of something in season 2 3 (track is called "3.5_1-alittlepush.ktp") and is just chef's kiss.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 08:17:49 PM by faizoff »

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #430 on: July 27, 2022, 06:03:38 AM »
Just watched the final 20 minutes of the series for the heck of it……man…..powerful stuff that still makes my eyes well up.

This show was/is top tier from start to finish. So well done on every aspect.

Mr. Robot is one of the few shows that I can think of where the ending feels complete, satisfying, and jarring all at the same time. It's a shame it never caught on beyond a cult audience, but I suspect that people will be discovering it for years to come.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #431 on: July 27, 2022, 05:28:55 PM »
I just began rewatching it the other day and now I can see all of the little hints and details. Such a crazy show.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #432 on: July 27, 2022, 07:41:43 PM »

I just did the same after your comment, you're not kidding about the welling up. Using 'Outro' by M83 was the perfect ending, that piano bit at the end is heavenly. And the score prior to it is just as good with all the people in the room leaving one by one.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #433 on: May 09, 2023, 08:41:10 AM »
Not sure if anyone listens to the soundtrack for this show like I do. The final volume which corresponds to the second half of the final season was released today (5/9) It is really great to finally have the conclusion. I regularly listen to all volumes, I find them oddly relaxing.

On my favorite pieces of music was in the final scene just before the "Outro" song my M83.

I used to listen to a version some guy ripped on youtube who removed the dialogue and it was the next best thing, but now hearing the original is so fulfilling.

This little piano version by Mac Quayle the composer is also goosebump worthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T801RoUwzE&ab_channel=MacQuayle

Now time for a rewatch!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2023, 03:03:21 PM »
About damn time, the soundtrack to this series is so good. I need to revisit it more often, but it's filled with amazing tunes and soundscapes.