Author Topic: Forum game: Musicians wearing other band's shirts  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Forum game: Musicians wearing other band's shirts
« on: October 29, 2019, 01:42:46 AM »
OK hear me out. I got this idea that could hopefully be turned into a DTF game.

I start by posting a pic of a musician wearing a T-shirt with another band or artist on it. Then you post another pic of that same band or artist wearing another T-shirt with another band or artist.

So here's Slash wearing a KISS shirt. Now you post a KISS member wearing another band's shirt.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
Re: Forum game: Musicians wearing other band's shirts
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 05:32:55 AM »
What a cool game...   ... You son of a bitch.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 05:42:56 AM »
Shadow Gallery's Mike Baker wearing Alice Cooper.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 05:44:11 AM »
Shadow Gallery's Mike Baker wearing Alice Cooper.

No you post a KISS member wearing a band shirt.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 05:52:48 AM »
Oh, sorry. I'm a noob around here.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cintus Supremus

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 07:42:42 AM »
How about that time KISS made an interviewer remove his Iron Maiden shirt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7us-KpqUE4

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 07:49:50 AM »
Well, here's Gene Simmons in a Misfits shirt :P

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 07:57:03 AM »
Goddammit... I thought I was saving the thread with this:

Bruce Kulick in a Rolling Stones shirt.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 07:59:15 AM »
Cool game, but you started it out pretty hard with Kiss.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 08:12:22 AM »
Well, here's Gene Simmons in a Misfits shirt :P

Nice! Now somebody post a Misfit member wearing a band shirt :P

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 08:26:45 AM »

Dez Cadenza.   Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

(Interestingly, there is a picture of him with a shirt of a skull and cross bones, similar if not identical to the one Gene used to wear back in '73, '74 before they perfected their stage gear.  We could get caught in a Kiss/Misfits/Gene Simmons/Glenn Danzig do loop if we're not careful!)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:40:27 AM by Stadler »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 08:33:46 AM »
I sense that we're going to keep going back to a small circle of punk bands here.  :lol

So here's a question:  Would it have been "cheating" if I posted a pic of he in a Runnaways shirt?  Other than just wearing plain black, that seems to be her go-to.  Just curious.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 08:36:17 AM »
Good question, bosk. I guess it wouldn't be cheating. I know some musicians like to wear their own band's shirt (Iron Maiden!), and that's okay with this game. Anything to keep it going, I guess :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 08:39:22 AM »
Well, that was her former band, so I figured it might be legal.  But I also figured it was too easy, so I kept looking.

And far be it from me to tell you how to run your game, but I propose a "no Sex Pistols" rule, or we're going to wear that band out in just a page or two.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline romdrums

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »
One of The Ramones is wearing a Black Sabbath T-shirt.

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 10:41:17 AM »
Well, that was her former band, so I figured it might be legal.  But I also figured it was too easy, so I kept looking.

And far be it from me to tell you how to run your game, but I propose a "no Sex Pistols" rule, or we're going to wear that band out in just a page or two.  :lol

Actually, don't take this as a criticism, but we can have a whole thread on musicians wearing JUST THAT RAMONES shirt.  Everyone and their daughter has one (well, my daughter has one but I don't).

Also, side bar, but when I grew up - 80's - it was always cheesy and lame to wear your own band shirt. In fact, it was cool to be unpredictable with that (there was a mild uproar of sorts when the nerds in my high school went to see REM at Toad's Place and Peter Buck wore a Maiden shirt on stage; as a sort of resident Maiden fan, I got about four requests for "a couple Maiden songs to check out" in the days after).    When did that become acceptable?  Maiden does it every show (somehow EVERYTHING they do is cool, though) and Jerry Only of the Misfits does it all the time too.  Ace is sort of guilty of that a lot... 

Online Mladen

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »
How about that time KISS made an interviewer remove his Iron Maiden shirt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7us-KpqUE4
Good God, this was hilarious and embarrassing at the same time. I'm not surprised by Gene's attitude, but Paul was on his side as well.  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 10:55:13 AM »

Actually, don't take this as a criticism, but we can have a whole thread on musicians wearing JUST THAT RAMONES shirt.  Everyone and their daughter has one (well, my daughter has one but I don't).

I was thinking in my mind that Sex Pistols would be #1, followed at a little bit of a distance by Misfits, with them followed just a bit by the Ramones, and whichever shirt is at #4 to be WAY behind all of those.  But you probably have more of an awareness of that as an East Coast guy, so you might be right about everybody having that Ramones shirt. 

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 11:11:46 AM »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 11:32:53 AM »
Mike Vennart
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZGzL0WhdHD/

???  What does that have to do with Black Sabbath?

EDIT:  This is a tough one, by the way.  I did a bit of Google searching for a few members.  Ozzy rarely wears t-shirts, and never band ones (except a pic I found of him wearing a Sabbath tee, so that's out), Dio doesn't appear to have worn a tee in his life, and Tony Iommi ALWAYS wears the same thing (large cross with a John Myung costume).  I'll have to search more later, unless someone else comes up with one in the meantime. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:41:12 AM by bosk1 »

Offline romdrums

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 11:49:16 AM »
Mike Vennart

EDIT:  This is a tough one, by the way.  I did a bit of Google searching for a few members.  Ozzy rarely wears t-shirts, and never band ones (except a pic I found of him wearing a Sabbath tee, so that's out), Dio doesn't appear to have worn a tee in his life, and Tony Iommi ALWAYS wears the same thing (large cross with a John Myung costume).  I'll have to search more later, unless someone else comes up with one in the meantime.

That was one of the few pictures I could find where I could even kind of make out one of The Ramones wearing another band's t-shirt.  We may have to reboot the game.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 11:50:33 AM »
Mike Vennart

I went looking too; Geezer, almost always in black (now; back in the day he looked like the Maharishi).   Best bet is to go with ancillary players.  I went through Tony Martin and Cozy Powell, and naught.   I googled "Neil Murray" and got 100 pictures of J.K. Rowling.   I'm on a conference call and I'll keep looking.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 11:51:06 AM »
Don't forget that Sabbath had a dozen or so different members throughout the 80s and 90s, so look up some of the lesser known members. And wouldn't Iommi count if he's wearing a "John Myung costume"?  :biggrin:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 11:55:54 AM »
Miley Cyrus:

Hillary Duff:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2019, 12:01:36 PM »
???  Do you guys seriously not get how this game works?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 12:14:41 PM »
nope  :rollin

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 12:19:19 PM »
I start by posting a pic of a musician wearing a T-shirt with another band or artist on it. Then you post another pic of that same band or artist wearing another T-shirt with another band or artist.

So here's Slash wearing a KISS shirt. Now you post a KISS member wearing another band's shirt.

The last pic of a band member wearing another band's shirt was a member of the Ramones wearing a Black Sabbath shirt.  So the next post should be a member of Sabbath wearing another band's shirt

Offline romdrums

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2019, 12:19:48 PM »
EDIT: bosk1 beat me to it.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2019, 12:21:50 PM »
All right, guys.  According to wiki, here's a link of the band members, find someone on this list marked under official (should we count touring as well?) wearing another band's shirt. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Black_Sabbath_and_Heaven_%26_Hell_members

Online Mladen

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »
I apologize for my previous post, I forgot that this is a game and not a discussion thread. Play along, I'll join in at some point.  ;)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2019, 12:29:09 PM »
Well, if it counts:

And I say "if it counts" because it's the same dilemma as the Joan Jett pic:  He was actually in Kill Devil Hill, so he isn't promoting a band he wasn't in.  So if you guys don't want to count it and want to continue searching Sabbath members, I'm not gonna be bent about it.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2019, 12:31:16 PM »
I'll allow it.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »
Yea, but Hillary Duff looks pretty cute in that photo.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 12:39:09 PM »
Yea, but Hillary Duff looks pretty cute in that photo.

That's really all I was going for.  Girls in Maiden shirts are hot.  In reality, I only read the title and scrolled through the pictures without noticing this was a game or any connection between the pictures (well, its definitely hard to see any connection even now  :lol )

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 12:42:00 PM »
I was going to post that Vinnie picture.  Only other things I came up with were Ian Gillan - same dilemma - and a million picture of Glenn Hughes with the same costume on:

But... Rex Brown...