Author Topic: Kitchener, ON Show - Nov 11, 2019  (Read 1643 times)

Offline turbo2g2003

Kitchener, ON Show - Nov 11, 2019
« on: October 24, 2019, 08:02:17 AM »
Starting a thread for the Toronto show. Who is going?

If anyone is interested, I have 1 extra ticket as my brother-in-law has fallen ill and cannot attend. I just want to get rid of it for Face value $67.50

Price Type                Price Level Qty    Price       Fee       Cost
------------------------- ----------- --- -------- --------- ----------
Regular                   Orch W/Mez    2    54.50     13.00     135.00
                          E/Front                                     
                          Bal/Bal                                     
                          Loges/Bal                                   
                          Boxes                                       

Seating:
Level Section Row   Seat(s)   
----- ------- ----- ----------
BALC  Loge    K     6-5   

Offline Spiritus

Re: Kitchener, ON Show - Nov 11, 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 03:27:34 PM »
Monday!!    And tool next day!!!!

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 07:53:08 AM »
Can’t wait for tonight !!! Hopefully everything goes smooth due to the snowstorm

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 12:40:39 PM »
I unfortunately got caught in bad traffic on the way from Ottawa, due to snow and people not knowing how to drive in the snow lol. I missed Untethered Angel and came during the beginning of ANTR but I'm just glad I made it.

The show was amazing! Everyone stood for the whole show (or at least in the ground section where I was). We all remained sitting during Regression but as soon as O1928 started it went back to standing... legs and feet are still sore.

It was a little on the loud side; it was a bit difficult to understand James during the louder parts, thank goodness I know the lyrics already lol. Otherwise it was on point. James was really good tonight despite him apparently getting a cold recently, but he joked that he was going to give it all to us and that might be what happened to make his voice work! (Although joke's on him, I already got one! XD)

JLB did use the wrong lyrics during the first chorus of Pale Blue Dot, at least I think so... maybe I was misremembering at the time.

There was a part in Fatal Tragedy when I noticed Jordan's tech about to hand him his Zen Riffer (is that what that is? it looks quite different from his old one) and I was wondering how he was going to get it on in time for the next part, but then suddenly there was a quick drum solo, I'm talking like 3 seconds max. Just enough time for Jordan to switch instruments. That was a really cool unexpected moment.

Through Her Eyes was a big highlight is the show for me. There was a lot of singing along. The ending was also really neat!

The Spirit Carries On still gets such a great crowd reaction despite how much it got played... It definitely deserves it though, especially in context of the whole album. "Safe in the light that surrounds me" feels so powerful after hearing that same lyric at the very beginning. Hearing the crowd singing along was magnificent, and I enjoyed singing along with everyone.

I rather enjoyed Mike's rendition of the ending of Finally Free. It was kind of like the one from 2014, but he does his signature crazy play all the toms on each side thing where he crosses his arms over each other. I also didn't recognize the ending they used for that song, was it based on something in the album or was it entirely new?

At Wit's End was an AWESOME encore! I originally thought they should switch it with Pale Blue Dot, but I was wrong. Such a killer song live. Once again, the extended ending replacing the fade-out was really great.

Certainly not disappointed with this show! Glad I got to see them again and see SFAM in its entirety. Maybe if a video of Untethered Angel surfaces I'll be able to see what I missed. :lol

Offline N4Player

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 08:41:59 AM »
I'm a little late posting, but I wanted to share my thoughts. Thank you nature for a massive snow storm that turned a 2.5 hour drive into a 6.5 hour marathon. It was worth every second. This band never ceases to amaze me, no matter how many times I've had the privilege of seeing them. ANTR was a real highlight for me because I'm one of the weird ones here that loves BC&SL the most, and feels it is under appreciated. Nevertheless, SFAM in its entirety was such a treat. The visuals were so much fun, and that little on screen tribute to those we have lost like Chris Cornell was a beautiful touch. Great crowd and I loved the venue. AWE as a closer was a real treat, but I wish that FITL and Paralyzed were not rotated (we got FITL), as I love them both so much from D/T. That's how spoiled we are, we have so many songs across so many albums, that we will always pine for something. As a guitarist of 35+ years, John Petrucci just continues to increase his God status with me. However, for a change I was standing closest to JMX and I really got to see what he does a lot better than any of the other 10+ times I've seen Dream Theater live. What a beast. What musicality and what a great sound. They all sounded and played brilliantly. It was the type of show that I would bring people who have never seen Dream Theater to. They would leave huge fans. Thank you DT for all you bring to enrich our musical lives. I hope that they play this wonderful venue again along with Massey Hall. I would pay any price to see them anywhere near me. A memorable and wonderful night.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 12:11:49 PM »
That reminds me, I also really loved JM's fretless bass on Through Her Eyes. Such a great sound.

Offline N4Player

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 06:47:59 AM »
Absolutely. JMX sounded great throughout the night. Love the mix on D/T because I can really zero in on Mr. Myung, and it easy for me as a guitarist to sometimes be mesmerized by John Petrucci, and overlook just how much JMX and his tasty musicality strengthens everything.