Author Topic: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Final Results  (Read 156984 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Round 4
« Reply #2415 on: November 21, 2019, 09:02:22 PM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2416 on: November 21, 2019, 09:28:10 PM »
More bets for Chad to lose. Awesome!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2417 on: November 21, 2019, 09:28:29 PM »
Lucy
1. Kendrick Lamar - For Free?
2. Eminem (feat. Kendrick Lamar) - Love Game
3. Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah - Lake Shore Drive
4. Daft Punk - Contact
5. Kendrick Lamar - For Sale?
6. D12 - Purple Pills
7. Kendrick Lamar - u
8. Eminem - Framed

Don't be a dick Kattlelox.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2418 on: November 21, 2019, 11:24:19 PM »
My concept album will consist of a couple of 15-minute saxophone solos.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #2419 on: November 21, 2019, 11:28:46 PM »
My concept album will consist of a couple of 15-minute saxophone solos.
Some new Six Roaming Owls  material?  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2420 on: November 22, 2019, 04:46:46 AM »
Lucy
4. Daft Punk - Contact
6. D12 - Purple Pills
7. Kendrick Lamar - u
8. Eminem - Framed

Rite?!?!  This playlist seems to be intentionally trying to piss on Tim's musical tastes.  I mean, the point of roulette's is to have fun - and Tim has said that's his #1 priority - but ya also gotta try and send music that ... you know.... the host might actually enjoy.  This list of songs screams "fuck you". 

This coming from a guy who sent Shania Twain and Carrie Underwood.  Sure, they were love-song ballads, but there was a point, and I did actually try to send tunes that had a chance of appealing to some sense of his tastes.

That said, Lake Shore Drive is dope.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2421 on: November 22, 2019, 04:49:59 AM »
For the record, I've been saving this "don't be a dick kattlelox" thing for 6 months. It makes me laugh for some reason, maybe it's the typo in the nickname. :lol

For my concept album, I hope Tim likes violin and cello. Lots of violin and lots of cello.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2422 on: November 22, 2019, 05:32:30 AM »
For the record, I've been saving this "don't be a dick kattlelox" thing for 6 months. It makes me laugh for some reason, maybe it's the typo in the nickname. :lol

:lol

Lucy
4. Daft Punk - Contact
6. D12 - Purple Pills
7. Kendrick Lamar - u
8. Eminem - Framed

Rite?!?!  This playlist seems to be intentionally trying to piss on Tim's musical tastes.  I mean, the point of roulette's is to have fun - and Tim has said that's his #1 priority - but ya also gotta try and send music that ... you know.... the host might actually enjoy.  This list of songs screams "fuck you". 

This coming from a guy who sent Shania Twain and Carrie Underwood.  Sure, they were love-song ballads, but there was a point, and I did actually try to send tunes that had a chance of appealing to some sense of his tastes.

It’s all good.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2423 on: November 22, 2019, 06:08:32 AM »
I said I knew all along he'd dislike it, I'm just bummed he didn't even entertain the idea of listening to it once, that's all.

Even though I said you shouldn't be surprised and that I would more than likely reject too, I do think that's fair enough mate.  Really interested in what you come up with now truthfully.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2424 on: November 22, 2019, 06:18:11 AM »
Lucy
4. Daft Punk - Contact
6. D12 - Purple Pills
7. Kendrick Lamar - u
8. Eminem - Framed

Fine, I'll send some boring predictable rock and metal instead of trying to have Tim listen to something new. Ya got me. Yawn. Also   :lol :lol @ Evermind.

Actually I know exactly what my concept will be now. I don't even want to send it but I will cause I stand behind Lucy. Hope you like Luca Turilli
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2425 on: November 22, 2019, 06:38:55 AM »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2426 on: November 22, 2019, 07:19:45 AM »
Don’t you mean Lucy Turilli?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2427 on: November 22, 2019, 07:26:28 AM »
Don't you mean Round 4 Results? :biggrin:

No hurry though, still haven't begun writing the story, although I know what it'll be. Just need to put it in writing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2428 on: November 22, 2019, 08:12:30 AM »
Results in 5 hours when I get home.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2429 on: November 22, 2019, 09:23:12 AM »
:corn

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2430 on: November 22, 2019, 09:25:28 AM »
Lucy
4. Daft Punk - Contact
6. D12 - Purple Pills
7. Kendrick Lamar - u
8. Eminem - Framed

I like the story. Guy gets into argument with his girl named Lucy, then drops LSD (also nicknamed Lucy) and reflects on his relationship and life. Then his thoughts get dark so he offsets it by partying some more and taking pills with his friends, but quickly gets back into the dark thoughts, and the next day upon waking thinks he's been framed for murdering Lucy. TAC just won't look past the rap to hear it :(
I don't know every song here but this is a great EP :metal

I get not liking him, Pup, but "terrible"? No way. The guy is an amazing talent. Truly gifted from a lyrical and rhythmic perspective and he communicates serious messages and themes through his music better than a lot of rock and metal artists do, imo. What he does is nothing to sneeze at. Like... For Free? a 0/10? It's cool if you don't like it, but that is some awesome stuff he does in that tune.
For Free? is amazing, some really solid rhymes there, and the last free flow section is just so intense. Damn I love that album.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2431 on: November 22, 2019, 09:26:07 AM »
Just curious... how many listens to each EP do you actually get in?  Hangmen 1 just went up 5 days ago, and you said you have 8.5 hrs of music.  Even if you're listening to every EP once a day, that's 5-6 listens at most.  Is that about right?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2432 on: November 22, 2019, 09:28:03 AM »
Me when I get my "Nothing blowing my mind but it's decent 8.5/10" score also ty Sacul

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2433 on: November 22, 2019, 10:23:04 AM »
Me when I get my "Nothing blowing my mind but it's decent 8.5/10" score also ty Sacul

In an earlier round, one of Tim's song reviews was literally "This is terrible" and it got 7/10. :lol Can't remember which round or which song though.

Anyway my concept album is finished and I'm pretty damn pleased with it. I'll need to write-up the narrative and so on but should hopefully be able to get that done this evening.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2434 on: November 22, 2019, 01:15:57 PM »
Just curious... how many listens to each EP do you actually get in?  Hangmen 1 just went up 5 days ago, and you said you have 8.5 hrs of music.  Even if you're listening to every EP once a day, that's 5-6 listens at most.  Is that about right?

So for this round I got three solid listens to each. But I heard a number of songs 4 or 5 times because I was undecided on the scoring.

I took anyone who wanted to play but I made two commitments:
1. No eliminations, and
2. Keeping this thing on pace.

I'm actually two days late in relation to the first three rounds. But I needed a couple extra listens to a lot of songs to decide on the scoring.

And speaking of the scoring..

In an earlier round, one of Tim's song reviews was literally "This is terrible" and it got 7/10. :lol Can't remember which round or which song though.

Most of the songs are being graded 7.0 -8.5.

I think Cyril had it pretty close.

6.0- Wrong roulette
6.5- Not good
7.0 I don't really like it
7.5 There's something about it that I do like, but it's still below average
8.0 Average, but I mean that in a good way
8.5 Above average, I really like it
9.0 Excellent, Top Notch

This round has some 9.0's and even has a 9.5 for an absolutely spectacular song. A surprising choice for sure.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2435 on: November 22, 2019, 01:24:24 PM »
we have the same 9/10 but your 8/10 is like my 6/10

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2436 on: November 22, 2019, 01:41:28 PM »
Most of the songs are being graded 7.0 -8.5.
Oh yeah for sure, you were pretty clear about your scoring up front and you've applied it consistently, I was only teasing.

Also, while we're waiting for results, I figure I'll post my PMs and EPs from the last two rounds, in case anyone is at all interested in the narrative I put together. I was really pleased with both and concerned I wouldn't be able to come up with something as good for the concept album (but thankfully I did!).

Round 3 - "Grief and What Comes After"
This is a journey through grief - I know we're not doing concept albums yet but I wanted to get both a musical and a narrative flow to this EP and it worked out better than I'd expected in terms of both song titles and lyrics (with some extent of interpretation of course) based on the 5 stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and ultimately acceptance.

Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ZRkr1BdQvsxE4aNiSbRqW?si=RD9iJJGfSsmn2Mk3tW22SQ

The tracklist and a brief explanation of the narrative is as follows:
  • Wilderun - And So Opens the Earth - denial and anger, the initial shock and all-encompassing feeling of being swallowed up by everything
  • Soilwork - The Windswept Mercy - bargaining, struggling to come to terms with the loss, questioning everything
  • Psion - Void - depression, the feeling of complete emptiness
  • Soilwork - Death in General - the beginning of acceptance, reflecting on the nature of death and how it affects people and relationships
  • Wilderun - Far From Where Dreams Unfurl - full acceptance, and being able to move on rather than hiding from the world

Round 4 - "A Question of Faith"
Another pretty miserable theme this time, about someone religious who experiences tragedy and begins to question his faith. The last track is a bit risky and I'm honestly just interested to see what you think about it, but it ends the album it's from (which has another regular song on this EP too) in such an emotive fashion that it felt like a perfect ending here.

Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0e12EMOysZgxoHfokwrR2c?si=OqRtVwcOQfCWwqD1TsMr0Q

The tracklist and narrative is as follows:
  • Borealis – Past the Veil – After experiencing tragedy, a man asks God to help him through the suffering (“Free my silence, heal my soul. If I had just one more chance I'd know to make it right”)
  • Nightingale – Fields of Life – Finding it hard to move on, he seeks guidance on what to do next (“But still I find it hard to smile … On the fields of life, I don't know where to go”)
  • Evergrey – More Than Ever – Struggling to accept his new reality, the man begins to question his faith (“Believing more than ever … Every road has its end and my end's here, and so does my faith”)
  • Nightingale – Better Safe Than Sorry – Having lost everyone in his life, the man begins to feel abandoned by God as well (“Oh, that I'm lonely without someone by my side … And maybe I was born to wander through this world alone”)
  • Borealis – The Ghosts of Innocence – The man throws down one final challenge to God to help him (“Oh will you guide me, or leave me in despair … Now we're alone here and left to find our own way on the pathway home”)
  • Evergrey – When the Walls Go Down – Deciding that he has been abandoned, the man gives up hope, and lashes out in anger at God (“And I've never had anything that's been any worth to God, in my 50 years, that wasn't born in agony … I broke down and I wept and I mourned, does it matter to you at all?”)

I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2437 on: November 22, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »
About to post results. I need three consecutive posts...please stand by!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2438 on: November 22, 2019, 01:48:31 PM »
Round 4 Results

STADLER-Self Titled

"I regret to say this, but I don't know any other way to say it. This EP is incredibly boring."

I'm sure you'll be disappointed with this, but I just couldn't connect with this. I wasn't unfamiliar with the Jethro Tull song, and it's a good one. The Neal Morse was quite nice, but everything else just felt....there.

1. The Allman Brothers-Sailn' Cross The Devil's Sea 8.0

Cool tune to um..jam to.

2. Jerry Cantrell-Devil By His Side ** 8.0

Nice enough song, but it is missing that next level moment.

3. Soundgarden-Searching With My Good Eye Open 7.5

Too mid tempo mumbo jumbo. the only really interesting thing in this song was the Hendrix style guitar solo, but Chris Cornell saw fit to blubber all over the first half of it.

4. Mad River-River Of Deceit 7.5

Never really been a fan of this song. It's just not my thing. I also find it a bit melodramatic.

5. Jethro Tull-Hymn 43  8.5

I totally recognize this. and I have always liked this song a ton. I would've never known it from the title. Great tune.

6. U2-Acrobat 8.0

Typical U2. Nice enough.

7. Neal Morse-Momentum 8.5

Wow, I really liked this. Very nice surprise and really pleasant.

8.0+(8.0+8.0)+7.5+7.5+8.5+8.0+8.5=64/8=8*2=16
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARIICH-A Question Of Faith

"I was getting concerned because this seemed merely solid, but it did end pretty well."

Lucky for you, you got saved by the Theme Bonus. I could clearly follow this, and thought the idea was cool. I loved the effect of the baby crying in the beginning and the lament in the final song. The overall quality of songs really wasn't that great, but this ends quite strong, and you did a great job of picking your double points song.

1. Borealis – Past the Veil 8.0

The baby crying is a great way to open the EP. Definitely a solid tune though.

2. Nightingale – Fields of Life 8.0

I really loved the beginning of this, but in the end, it's a decent song that never fulfills my expectations at the start. There's some tasty keyboard bits in this.

3. Evergrey – More Than Ever 8.0

Another solid and straightforward song. I struggle with Evergrey mainly because of the lack of dynamics in Tom Englund's voice. I find him vocally so boring. The music needs a better voice.

4. Nightingale – Better Safe Than Sorry 7.5

Have you ever posted in the Wuss Thread? You could, you know.

5. Borealis – The Ghosts of Innocence** 8.5

Now this is more like it. Really epic playing and feel. Outstanding song and you picked the right one for double points.

6. Evergrey – When the Walls Go Down 8.5

This is a fantastic way to end the EP. It's emotional and powerful. No coincidence that Englund isn't singing on this.

8.0+8.0+8.0+7.5+(8.5+8.5)+8.5=57/7=8.1f*2=16.3
Meets Theme=1.0
Theme Bonus=1.0

Total=18.3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELITE-The Desert Road Where My Creation Comes To An End

"I was surprised how much I enjoyed this. There a couple of old school gems in there."

The Satan tracks were real interesting and quite surprising. I liked the Opeth tracks, but this EP is pretty much half killer/half filler.

1. Opeth - The Devil's Orchard 8.5

Honestly, I don't know what to make of Opeth. But this song on its own is really good.  No issue with the vocals, and that short guitar solo towards the end rips.

2. Satan - The Devil's Infantry  8.5

Old School styled heavy metal. I love this. Takes me back literally 35 years. Great riffs and pace. Cool back and forth solo section.

3. Satan - My Own God  8.0

Another cool Satan track. Sold as hell heavy metal.

4. Queens of the Stone Age - My God is the Sun** 7.5

This song won't convince me to follow up with them. It doesn't suck or anything, but I just don't find it all that compelling either.

5. Indukti - ...And Who's the God Now!? 8.0

The beginning reminds me of Hell Awaits. I'm not sure what to do with this. It's really cool, and long. There's no part where I go Holy Shit! But it's cool nonetheless, and really interesting.

6. Opeth - Demon of the Fall 8.5

Gotta go back through the Opeth catalog at some point. This is a strong way to end the EP, especially that outro which is fantastic.

8.5+8.5+8.0+(7.5+7.5)+8.0+8.5=56.5/7=8.07*2=16.1
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sacul-Faith, God, Or Lack Thereof

"One song on this came out of nowhere and is amazing. The rest is somewhat..OK."

If I had a sixth Theme Bonus, you would've gotten it. Some real interesting to choices as usual to send me, but there's always a hidden gem. Without A Map is spectacular. I LOVE that song and it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. I thought Seven Devils was really interesting and I liked it a lot.

1. Marketa Irglova - Point Of Creation 8.0

This song works great as the EP opener. Creates a great atmosphere.

2. Marketa Irglova - Without A Map 9.5

This song is simply amazing. Anyone reading this needs to check this out. Phenomenal track that gave me goosebumps every time I heard it. The vocal is nothing short of perfection. What a wonderful song, and thank you so much for sending this.

3. Florence And The Machine - Seven Devils 8.5

This song has an addictive quality to it. It's hard to explain it but it's quite mesmerizing.

4. OM - State Of Non Return 7.0

Really interesting instrumental second half, but not nearly good enough to pull it up.

5. Myles Kennedy-The Great Beyond** 8.0

This is OK. Not a huge Kennedy guy. He shows some range and the song is pretty decent. I fell like this song doesn't reach it's full potential.

6. Indukti-And Who's The God Now? 8.0

The beginning reminds me of Hell Awaits. I'm not sure what to do with this. It's really cool, and long. There's no part where I go Holy Shit! But it's cool nonetheless, and really interesting.

8.0+9.5+8.5+7.0+(8.0+8.0)+8.0=57/7=8.15*2=16.3
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROMDRUMS-Losing My Religion

"One band on this is an absolute complete miss. Everyone should know that I don't like this singer. Perhaps you don't."

Rom, I know you don't know me that well, but if you did, you would know that I cannot stand Chris Cornell. The Karnivool was merely OK, though I really liked All I know. The Intersphere proved quite interesting though, and if I followed up on anything from this EP, that would be it.

1. Karnivool-Goliath 8.0

Not sure what this song does, really. It's not bad, but just never really grabs me.

2. Karnivool-New Day ** 8.0

I find this a bit more interesting than Goliath, but I'm having trouble connecting with this band.

3. The Intersphere-Sleeping God 8.5

Ooh, I like this. This is tasty stuff. I've never heard of this band. Great bass and groove in the verses.

4. Karnivool-All I Know 8.5

Real nice song, and easily the best Karnivool song on this EP.

5. Temple Of The Dog-Wooden Jesus 8.0

This song isn't actually that bad. I liked the moodiness of it, and when Cornell reached high, he stayed in control and stayed low enough for me to get through it.

6. Temple Of The Dog-Your Savior 7.5

Can't say I would ever listen to this again. I see how it fits the theme though. The instrumental section keeps it from a 7.0.

7. The Intersphere-The Grand Delusion 8.0

Pleasant enough if not unmemorable.

8. The Ocean-The Origin Of  God 8.5

I liked this, and the outro was a fantastic way to close out the EP. Great placement. I did not care for the harshies, but they weren't to much of them.

8.0+(8.0+8.0)+8.5+8.5+8.0+7.5+8.0+8.5=73/9=8.1*2=16.2
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.2

EVERMIND-Dawn Breaks and Silence Falls

"Really cool feel throughout most of this. There's nothing I didn't really like on this, but I'm not sure I loved anything either, save for the first song."

This EP starts of really strong, but then kind of fizzles out a bit. The Lee Abraham was amazing. I've never heard of him. I could've taken another 3 or 4 minutes of that. The first Lonely Robot song was cool, and the Headspace, which I let slide,  was a great song. I do not care for Damian Wilson, but that song is killer.

1. Lee Abraham - Realization  8.5

Damn, so short. i wanted more of that! Such great guitar.

2. Lonely Robot - A Godless Sea 8.5

This was excellent. Great guitar and tasty keyboard parts.

3. Headspace - In Hell's Name ** 8.5

Really strong song, and while I'm not a huge Wilson fan, this track is a beast.

4. David Gilmour - Red Sky at Night 8.0

Thought this was Octavarium for a minute. Really cool and moody piece that really sets the scene.

5. IQ - Fall and Rise 8.0

Really nice song that I'm not quite sure how I feel about. It's certainly good, but I'm not sure if it's exactly my thing.

6. Lonely Robot - God vs. Man 8.0

Real solid song, I've never heard of this band but they are quite interesting. This song is good, but doesn't have the strength of A Godless Sea

7. Oh Hiroshima - Aria 8.0

Can't say I loved it, but it is an effective way to close the EP. Definitely worth the risk sending a song like this, but this really just missed.

8.5+8.5+(8.5+8.5)+8.0+8.0+8.0+8.0=66/8=8.25*2=16.5
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.5
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 02:28:54 PM by TAC »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2439 on: November 22, 2019, 01:49:29 PM »
PUPPIES-Myths In Time

"This EP is heavy AF.  A lot of the vocals are quite challenging though."

Believe it or not, I already had that Nile album saved. I can only take a couple songs at a time because of those vocals, but damn, that is crazy drumming. The Stormlord, Aeternam, and especially the Enslaved are all excellent. You sent me a lot of shitty vocals, but you've generally supported it with great music.

1. Nile - Annihilation Of The Wicked  8.0

Really strong music with some ridiculous drumming. Loved the outro. But those vocals..WTF? They literally made me laugh especially when reading the lyrics. I can't believe they're serious with that.

2. Stormlord - And The Wind Shall Scream My Name** 8.5

A band that I'm somewhat familiar with. Musically, this song rules. Vocally, It can be a bit much, but the payoff is quite big if I can get through it.

3. Enslaved - Lightening 8.5

This song fucking rules. I don't even know what else to say. I love the part where it picks up big time. I must check this band out. I got them in my last roulette and also liked them.

4. Aeternam - Sun Shield 8.5

Love the cleans on this and the musical sections are tremendous.

5. Absu - Ontologically, It Became Time And Space 8.0

This takes a hit because of the vocals. Musically, amazing.

6. Mithras - On Strange Loops 7.5

The first three minutes is an ear porking. The second half is really cool.

8.0+(8.5+8.5)+8.5+8.5+8.0+7.5=57.5/7=8.2*2=16.4
Meets Theme=1.0
Theme Bonus=1.0

Total=18.4

CYRIL-TRVE KVLT

"Parts of this are fucked up. Best song is easily the last one."

All in all, this EP is really strong. The Panegyrist is one of the best songs so far in the roulette. The Aenon was really cool. I was totally headbanging while laughing at the vocals. Still, highly enjoyable. The Hail Spirit Noir was really interesting, and I'm still ni=ot sure to make of the Indukti song.

1. Indukti - And Who's the God Now? ** 8.0

2. Waste of Space Orchestra - Seeker's Reflection 7.5

Great drum sound on the intro. Not much else grabbed me though.

3. Aenaon - Fire Walk With Me 8.5

This song is awesome. The vocals are a bit goofy, but musically this is fantastic. Plus boobs!

4. Hail Spirit Noir - Blood Guru 8.5

Love the old school bits in this. There is so much crammed into its six minutes, yet it never feels choppy.

5. Panegyrist - Hierurgy 9.0

Musically, I hear a lot of original Alice Cooper in bits of this. Really epic tune. Feels a heck of a lot shorter than 12 minutes. This is just fun to listen to.

(8.0+8.0)+7.5+8.5+8.5+9.0=49.5/6=8.25*2=16.5
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KATTELOX-A Gathering Of The Gods

"That was really heavy. I can't believe you actually like that."

This EP was quite heavy. Heavier than I expected. I liked the Amon Amarth a lot. Sons Of Seasons was also a nice surprise. The Ghost and Naglfar were the weak spots, but this was quite strong nonetheless, and I found it surprisingly heavy coming from you.

1. Sons Of Seasons-Bubonic Waltz 8.5

Wow, this was really excellent. Great start to the EP.

2. Amon Amarth-Destroyer Of The Universe 8.5

This song fucking rips!

3. Persuader-When Eden Burns 8.5

I like this a bit more than Blind Guardian. I'm not a huge fan of Hansi's voice, but over BG, everything sounds too busy. This is a solid metal track.

4. Ghost-Majesty 8.0

I love this musically. Love the old school organ feel. Not a fan of the studio vocals. Seem fairly subdued.

5. Amon Amarth-Twilight Of The Thunder God 8.5

Awesome tune. Don't love the vocals, but the music is undeniable.

6. Angra-War Horns 8.5

I love this tune. Fabio!!

7. Amon Amarth-War Of The Gods**  8.0

Definitely a solid tune. Not as good as Twilight though.

8. Naglfar-Black God Aftermath 7.5

With so many excellent tunes on this EP, this just isn't as strong. Not terrible, but not up to the snuff of the rest.

8.5+8.5+8.5+8.0+8.5+8.5+(8.0+8.0)+7.5=74/9=8.2*2=16.4
Meets Theme=1.0
Theme Bonus=1.0

Total=18.4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JINGLEBOY-A Higher Purpose

"This is really solid. I like a lot of this. Real nice job with the theme"

This was a great EP. I loved the narrative which was really clear. Genesis is obviously such a great way to open a religious EP. I thought the confession interlude was really clever, especially as the EP transitioned to the second half. Outstanding job with this.

1. Dominici-Genesis 8.5

DT styled long into was fantastic. Would be a 9.0 if the second half musically, was as exciting. Still excellent all the way around.

2. Labyrinth-Architecture Of A God** 8.5

Really excellent track. This really hits the spot. Quite epic, actually.

3. The Chronicles Project-Interlude I: The Confession Not scored

Outstanding use of an interlude. Really great choice.

4. The Chronicles Project-When Darkness Falls 8.5

This album may require a follow up. This is excellent.

5. Noveria-Archangel 8.5

This is a high quality track. Sounds really great. Real nice vocals and instrumentation. Follow up needed.

6. Now Or Never-An Angel By My Side 8.0

Real nice track to close this out. Nothing rally wrong with it, but if I had to pick a weaker track here, this would be it.

8.5+(8.5+8.5)+8.5+8.5+8.0=50.5/6=8.4*2=16.8
Meets Theme=1.0
Theme Bonus=1.0

Total=18.8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUDDYHUNTER-Unholy Rituals

"I liked this EP, particularly the amazing final song. This EP also contains what I consider a highly overrated band though."

I find Ghost extremely overrated. Everything studiowise I've heard has been pretty underwhelming. I know Cirice is a strong song, much stronger live. The Behemoth grew on me, but The Presence Of Goddess was a tour de force. That song is amazing.

1: Behemoth - Solve Not scored

Interesting and cool intro to the EP.

2: Ghost - Year Zero 8.0

The studio version pales to the live version and feels quite lifeless.

3: Ghost - Cirice ** 8.5

I know the live version of this song well, and I think this is a great song. The studio version does not do this song justice.

4: Behemoth - Bartzabel  8.5

This song really grew on me. The lead vocals were passable, but I loved the back and forth with the backing vocals. that was really cool. That outro is fantastic.

5: Obscure Sphinx - Void  Not Scored.

It's longer than two minutes, but clearly a segue.

6: Obscure Sphinx - The Presence Of Goddess 9.0

Damn, this song is fantastic. What a journey. One of the best things I've gotten in this roulette. I can't believe this is the same band I got earlier in this roulette. I remember cautioning you against using them. I'm so glad you did.

8.0+(8.5+8.5)+8.5+9.0=42.5/5=8.5*2=17
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=18.0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOLFKING-From The Depths Of Hell

"Total metal"

You brought the metal, bro. This EP makes a fantastic playlist. You just missed on the Theme Bonus, but made up for it with the quality of the tracks.

1. Halford - Resurrection** 9.0

Classic. Fucking. Metal.

2. Halford - Made in Hell 8.0

I feel like this is a big drop in quality against Resurrection. It's OK.

3. Lizzy Borden - There Will Be Blood Tonight 9.0

A great classic burner here. Some amazing bass playing on this. Great vocals. really surprised at how good this is. The chorus is great.

4. Annihilator - Alison Hell 8.5

Classic old school thrash. Reminds me a lot of Metal Church. Great tune. Hits the spot for sure.

5. Lizzy Borden - Hell is For Heroes 8.0

Tough to grade after the great There Will Be Blood Tonight. This song is simply not in that league.

6. Cans-Beyond The Gates 8.5

I love Hammerfall, and especially Joacim Cans. But this is nice to hear him sing in something other than Hammerfall's "tribute to 80's metal" formula. His voice is fantastic, and he is severely underrated.

7. Halford - Hell's Last Survivor 8.5

Again, what can you say. Metal all the way. Love it.

8. Candlemass - Lucifer Rising 8.5

I definitely liked this. Was not what I expected. I though Candlemass would have ear porking vocals, but this was a really nice surprise. Solid as hell.

(9.0+9.0)+8.0+9.0+8.5+8.0+8.5+8.5+8.5=77/9=8.55=17.1
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=18.1

FAIZOFF-Journey Of The Soul

"I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this. I went into it with some trepidation, but this was quite easy on the ears."

I loved your concept for this EP, and it earned you the Theme Bonus, which bailed you out big time. The EP was enjoyable. I didn't hate anything, but I'm not sure I loved everything either. Dead Again was a fun song and sets the stage. The Everlasting is the clear standout track.

1.    Type O' Negative - Dead Again 8.0

Fun little song that fits in really well with the theme.

2.    Faith No More - Digging the Grave 8.0

Same. Not much feedback to give this one.

3.    Volbeat - Slaytan  Not scored

It's a minute long but it's awesome!!

4.    Volbeat - The Everlasting 8.5

This is a damn nice song. I've avoided Volbeat, but have now gotten two really good songs from them. I need to check them out.

5.    Ugly Kid Joe - Goddamn Devil  7.5

Not really my thing. It's honestly hard to take UKJ seriously. I did a double take when I saw them listed, but was hopeful. Unfortunately, I wasn't crazy about this.

6.    Volbeat - The Devil's Bleeding Crown  8.0

Another enjoyable Volbeat song. Definitely not as good as The Everlasting though.

7.    3 - Numbers **  8.0

I do like this song. I'm just not sure how much.

8.    Deliverance - Purgatory Sandwich with Mustard  8.0

I like the old school feel of this. Fits in nicely with the theme.

8.0+8.0+8.5+7.5+8.0+(8.0+8.0)+8.0=64/8=8*2=16.0
Meets Theme=1.0
Theme Bonus=1.0

Total=18.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LETHEAN- Self Titled

"This EP is really good. Really solid. But I'm asking myself, which band or song truly stands out? I'm not sure there is one."

I found this EP very consistent throughout. Perhaps you don't know this, but Kamelot does absolutely nothing for me. My favorite song would be Heaven Denied, the vocals reminding me of early Ray Alder. I enjoyed the Pagan's Mind, which has been another band that has not been able to stick with me. Two really strong Angra tracks here as well.

1. Kamelot - March of Mephisto 8.0

Typical of what I've heard from Kamelot. It's not bad, but it really doesn't reach me.

2. Angra - Waiting Silence  8.0

Similar to the Kamelot. It's a good song for sure. But grab me dammit. i will say the middle instrumental part is easily the bast part of the song.

3. Labyrinth - Heaven Denied 8.5

Sounds a lot like Perfect Symmetry Fates, especially the vocals. Just not as progressive musically obviously. This really good. I'd check out more of this for sure.

4. Pagan's Mind - Through Osiris' Eyes - 8.5

Lots of really cool parts in this. I've sampled Pagan's Mind, and nothing has ever jumped out at me. But this was excellent.

5. Angra - Winds of Destination ** 8.5

Love the upbeatness of this. I need to check this album. I got Temple in my last roulette and loved it. Amazing guitar solo in this. Really strong track.

6. Solefald - Waves over Valhalla  (An Icelandic Odyssey Part III) 8.0

Cool tune. Was not expecting these vocals from you, though I think you warned me about them. Solid for sure.

7. Angra - Late Redemption 8.5

Fantastic way to end this EP. Strong and dramatic song. Very powerful.

8.0+8.0+8.5+8.5+(8.5+8.5)+8.0+8.5=66.5/8=8.3=16.6
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.6

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2440 on: November 22, 2019, 01:50:10 PM »
Round 4 Scores

JingleBoy...18.8
Puppies...18.4
Kattelox...18.4
Ariich...18.3
Wolfking...18.1
Buddyhunter..18.0
Faizoff..18.0
Lethean...17.6
Cyril....17.5
Evermind..17.5
Sacul...17.3
Romdrums...17.2
Elite...17.1
Stadler...17.0

Standings

Wolfking...19.5+18.5+17.1+18.1=73.2
Ariich...17.8+17.8+18.8+18.3=72.7
Jingleboy...18.6+17.3+17.8+18.8=72.5
Evermind….18.2+18.7+17.5+17.5=71.9
Kattelox...19.0+17.2+16.9+18.4=71.5
Cyril...17.8+17.1+18.3+17.5=70.7
Puppies...17.0+18.1+17.2+18.4=70.7
Buddyhunter...17.9+16.4+18.2+18.0=70.5
Lethean...17.0+17.3+17.3+17.6=69.2
Stadler...18.0+17.3+16.8+17.0=69.1
Elite...16.8+16.6+18.3+17.1=68.8
Faizoff...16.7+16.0=16.6+18.0=67.3
Sacul...16.5+14.7+18.1+17.3=66.6
Romdrums...17.3+13.1+16.1+17.2=63.7
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 02:29:27 PM by TAC »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2441 on: November 22, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »
I had a feeling you'd like that. Cool beans. On to my next huge embarrassing failure. ;)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2442 on: November 22, 2019, 01:52:50 PM »
Theme Bonus Points went to
Jingly Boy
Kattelox
Ariich
Faizoff
Puppies

This was a really strong round with some fantastic narratives. I feel like I could've easily granted 9 Bonus Points.

Best song goes to Sacul.  Marketa Irglova - Without A Map   Simply amazing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2443 on: November 22, 2019, 01:54:19 PM »
Round 5

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2444 on: November 22, 2019, 01:55:30 PM »
:metal

Ok I caught up 0.1 points on Kade. And I'm in second place going into the final. Honestly didn't expect that before I joined but am so glad I've found some music that's been up your alley!

Bring on the final. :hat

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2445 on: November 22, 2019, 01:55:50 PM »
*sighs about bonus points*

*But relieved Tac liked Late Redemption*

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2446 on: November 22, 2019, 01:58:48 PM »
top 4 are all 4 people who got bonus points
falzoff would be there too but he had the lowest song score

an astonishing turn of events  :lol

way too far back to stand a chance at winning so i'm just gonna toss together some crap and see what happens

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2447 on: November 22, 2019, 01:58:57 PM »
I am the Cleveland Browns of this roulette. 

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2448 on: November 22, 2019, 02:05:00 PM »
top 4 are all 4 people who got bonus points

I'm going to choose to take heart from that.  My EP was the second most liked group of songs, and that's how I'm going to look at it. :)

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2449 on: November 22, 2019, 02:05:33 PM »
I am the Cleveland Browns of this roulette.

Can you translate that? :)