Author Topic: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Final Results  (Read 161574 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Round 3 rEPsults
« Reply #1890 on: November 14, 2019, 06:20:31 PM »
Oh, damn. I thought mine really nailed the theme. Well sticking to rock-based songs was an unfortunate strategy apparently, since Chad's worked out well. That gives me confidence for the last round because I am not planning any hard rock or metal for that

He nailed the theme better...

Dude...I DON"T LIKE TOTO!!!!!

Or Timo Kotipelto.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1891 on: November 14, 2019, 06:21:52 PM »
oh man i'm only two bonus points away from first now!  :metal

i love all the 8's. beautiful. someday i'll give my double points song to something that isn't an 8

You might say I really um..."ate" up your EP. :neverusethius:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1892 on: November 14, 2019, 06:22:51 PM »
Oh, damn. I thought mine really nailed the theme. Well sticking to rock-based songs was an unfortunate strategy apparently, since Chad's worked out well. That gives me confidence for the last round because I am not planning any hard rock or metal for that

Or Timo Kotipelto.

So, real talk, why didn't you just tell me not to send them? I was under the impression you would dig them if you heard some other stuff but even in the writeups you said you had heard each Toto song I sent already. :tdwn Just a minor gripe, but yeah
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1893 on: November 14, 2019, 06:24:10 PM »
oh man i'm only two bonus points away from first now!  :metal

i love all the 8's. beautiful. someday i'll give my double points song to something that isn't an 8

You might say I really um..."ate" up your EP. :neverusethius:

I can see my next EP results now...

(8.0 + 8.0) + 8.0 + 8.0 + 8.0 + 8.0 = 8.0 / 8 = 8.0 * 8 = 8.0
Meets Theme: 8
Theme Bonus: 8

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1894 on: November 14, 2019, 06:24:33 PM »
I don't like bonus points. :P

Very glad you enjoyed Riverside and Leprous so much though. :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Round 3 Best/Worst
« Reply #1895 on: November 14, 2019, 06:27:05 PM »

This is decently lame.

Perhaps the greatest description I've ever read in a roulette.  Untoppable.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1896 on: November 14, 2019, 06:29:27 PM »
also to be clear, I sent you that xanthochroid song before you sent me that gates to the morning song  :P
the difference is that one is a 2-minute, emotional hymn and the other is the same two segments looped for 6 minutes  :lol

i am really surprised my non-metal EP did as well as it did, though the theme bonus helped

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1897 on: November 14, 2019, 06:31:26 PM »
How the HELL did Chad score that much higher than mine?! :lol I'm this close to sending Rap God next round for shits and giggles.

And you beat ME!   I lost out to Billy Vera and the BEATERS!  :) :)

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1898 on: November 14, 2019, 06:32:16 PM »
Niiiice.

Time to do significantly worse this round!  :metal
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1899 on: November 14, 2019, 06:32:25 PM »

Or Timo Kotipelto.

So, real talk, why didn't you just tell me not to send them? I was under the impression you would dig them if you heard some other stuff but even in the writeups you said you had heard each Toto song I sent already. :tdwn Just a minor gripe, but yeah

Well, it's not news that I don't like Toto. I mean, everyone knows that. I am letting somethings slide because frankly putting together 5 EPs is asking for people to come up with a lot of stuff. If the band is not banned, even if I've heard the song before, I'll allow it. I know it's a lot of work to make an EP.

I did ask that if anyone sends in a classic but not banned bands, to send me deep cuts. I did recognize the Toto songs, but it's not like you sent Hold The Line. I also did tell you Roseanna was banned.

Your impression that I would dig them is inaccurate. I would be willing to give a deep cut a shot, but honestly, at this point, TAC and TOTO are not a match.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1900 on: November 14, 2019, 06:35:33 PM »
I'm just disappointed 1/2 my songs were ones you'd heard upwards of a million times.  :sad:  I would've re-loaded (somehow).  At least I got the bonus point, otherwise I would've been at the bottom with Stads.

Ok Katt... lay on my my punishment.

P.S.  I still blame Evermind.

Back to the metal this round.  Have to roll thru things one more time tomorrow morning, as I'm still torn on what direction to take - I have two EPs lined up, and have to decide between them - one is a very ... creative ... way to hit the theme; the other is quite direct. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1901 on: November 14, 2019, 06:36:39 PM »
I think TAC trashing my favorite band of all time is enough punishment for me. Unless I can make you wear the old avatar I made you again. :)

Sending another heap of shit that'll still net me 16+ points in a few minutes  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1902 on: November 14, 2019, 06:38:14 PM »
I'm just disappointed 1/2 my songs were ones you'd heard upwards of a million times.  :sad:  I would've re-loaded (somehow).  At least I got the bonus point, otherwise I would've been at the bottom with Stads.

I mean, how wouldn't I know them? It's a pretty standard trying to get laid playlist.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1903 on: November 14, 2019, 06:39:41 PM »
I think TAC trashing my favorite band of all time is enough punishment for me.

I'm not in any way trashing them. I am just saying that I don't care for them. That's not trashing. That's just sayin'.

But again, this is not news.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1904 on: November 14, 2019, 06:43:32 PM »
Eat my shorts, I just sent you my next EP. Get listening!  :biggrin: :corn

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Round 3 Best/Worst
« Reply #1905 on: November 14, 2019, 06:46:48 PM »
JINGLE.BOY-Feelings..Nothing More Than Feelings

4. Billy Vera And The Beaters-At This Moment  8.5
Would you like to go to the prom with me?

Will you put out?

It will be cool to be the first inductee to the DTF Roulette Hall of Fame!

I mean, how wouldn't I know them? It's a pretty standard trying to get laid playlist.

Well, I didn't know of Poco was ubiquitous in the US, and the others... it's a fucking country music artist!

You'll know nothing of the religious EP, I promise.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1906 on: November 14, 2019, 06:48:01 PM »
Toto sucks.  Dude, sending Toto to Tim the way he yrashes them is just roulette suicide.  Don't know why you would be upset.  If Tim had a list of artists not to send, that kind of defeats the purpose of a roulette.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1907 on: November 14, 2019, 06:49:39 PM »
Eat my shorts, I just sent you my next EP. Get listening!  :biggrin: :corn

Oooh..love the title and EP cover!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1908 on: November 14, 2019, 06:50:52 PM »
Toto sucks.  Dude, sending Toto to Tim the way he yrashes them is just roulette suicide.  Don't know why you would be upset.  If Tim had a list of artists not to send, that kind of defeats the purpose of a roulette.

You telling me not to get upset after your comments in my last roulette amuses me, considering you got annoyed at the results after sending me something I explicitly said I didn't want and warned you against. ;)

Also I literally wrote why I was a little annoyed, because he said he had already heard the songs, they weren't new to him but he never told me that. He even heard one "a million times." I always tell people when I've heard songs 'cause I don't think that's fair to the participant, here I thought I was sending him stuff he had never heard. But, hey, a roulette's a roulette, whatever. It truly isn't a big deal  :tup

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1909 on: November 14, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »
i'm continuing my trend of sending EPs with silly/meme-y names

thus far:
winter sux tbh
Lover 2.0: Electric Boogaloo
Songs for a Dead Friend

the next one is not even original but it's fitting

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1910 on: November 14, 2019, 06:54:22 PM »

You telling me not to get upset after your comments in my last roulette amuses me, considering you got annoyed at the results after sending me something I explicitly said I didn't want and warned you against. ;)

Also I literally wrote why I was a little annoyed, because he said he had already heard the songs, they weren't new to him but he never told me that. He even heard one "a million times." I always tell people when I've heard songs 'cause I don't think that's fair to the participant, here I thought I was sending him stuff he had never heard. But, hey, a roulette's a roulette, whatever. It truly isn't a big deal  :tup

Don't make me come back there!

i'm continuing my trend of sending EPs with silly/meme-y names

Songs for a Dead Friend

What's funny about this? That the friend is dead? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1911 on: November 14, 2019, 06:56:25 PM »
Song for a Dead Friend by Kevin Gilbert is a low-key meme in roulettes because it got spammed in like, all of them a few years back  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1912 on: November 14, 2019, 06:59:08 PM »

Situation was a bit different mate.  You didn't have the level of hate for VP as Tim does for Toto.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1913 on: November 14, 2019, 07:05:15 PM »

Situation was a bit different mate.  You didn't have the level of hate for VP as Tim does for Toto.

So, in the spirit of being friends, and being called out and wanting to justify my responses, here ya go: I don't, but I sure do for Slipknot.  :)

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1914 on: November 14, 2019, 07:08:42 PM »
:corn

But do one of you find the other's vocals annoying?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1915 on: November 14, 2019, 07:13:25 PM »
Oh, yeah, Corey Taylor is dreadful. Unless he's singing that 'through the looking glass' song they still play endlessly on radio. That one's good.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1916 on: November 14, 2019, 07:13:39 PM »

So, in the spirit of being friends, and being called out and wanting to justify my responses, here ya go: I don't, but I sure do for Slipknot.  :)

I know.  That's why I sent them.  :tup

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1917 on: November 14, 2019, 07:14:36 PM »
:corn

But do one of you find the other's vocals annoying?

I don't think they've heard each other sing, but I'm pretty sure they find the other's vocals annoying.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1918 on: November 14, 2019, 08:54:32 PM »
Huh, would have thought the live version of Fourth of July would score a lot better, considering how powerful the climax is. Oh well :P

Will put together something and send it in a day or two, college is at its busiest right now, but I should have a lot more free time from next week.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1919 on: November 14, 2019, 09:31:33 PM »
The math in my score is all kinds of wrong but the score checks out in the end :lol

9.0+(7.5+7.5)+8.5+8.5+8.5=9+16+8.5+8.5+8.5=48.5/6=8.42*2=16.5/b]
Meets Theme=1.0

It should be

9+(7.5+7.5)+8.5+8.5+8.5 = 9+15+8.5+8.5+8.5 = 49.5/6 = 8.25*2 = 16.5
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1920 on: November 14, 2019, 11:54:07 PM »
:metal

Yeah it's more effort to craft an EP with a narrative than just a collection of songs, but it feels completely worth it when it enhances the host's enjoyment of it! I liked making it and I'm really glad you liked listening to it. And yeah, I knew Soilwork's harsh vocals were risky (they're pretty aggressive) but the cleans and the overall sound are so amazing.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1921 on: November 15, 2019, 12:24:09 AM »

Yeah it's more effort to craft an EP with a narrative than just a collection of songs, but it feels completely worth it when it enhances the host's enjoyment of it! I liked making it and I'm really glad you liked listening to it. And yeah, I knew Soilwork's harsh vocals were risky (they're pretty aggressive) but the cleans and the overall sound are so amazing.

The Ride Majestic will be high on my list for albums of the decade.  It's phenomenal.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1922 on: November 15, 2019, 02:39:06 AM »

The Ride Majestic will be high on my list for albums of the decade.  It's phenomenal.
Yeah I think I've come round to the view that it's my favourite of theirs. It's also amazing just how consistent the quality is.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1923 on: November 15, 2019, 04:09:48 AM »

Yeah I think I've come round to the view that it's my favourite of theirs. It's also amazing just how consistent the quality is.

It actually took SO long to grow on me.  At first I didn't get it but it may have overtaken Chainheart machine as my favourite also.  The bonus tracks are better than a lot of the album tracks IMO.  It's such a complete album with them included.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1924 on: November 15, 2019, 05:30:04 AM »
Huh, would have thought the live version of Fourth of July would score a lot better, considering how powerful the climax is. Oh well :P

Well, it did score an 8.0.  So it didn't score poorly relatively. It's a great piece for you, so that's cool.

The climax and ending was amazing. But honestly, it took so long to get there, and I can only listen to "We're all gonna die" so many times.

Will put together something and send it in a day or two, college is at its busiest right now, but I should have a lot more free time from next week.

Anytime over the weekend is fine. But definitely by Sunday.

You should start thinking about the final round then too. :)