Author Topic: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Final Results  (Read 157016 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Round 2
« Reply #1330 on: November 06, 2019, 03:14:25 PM »
Very surprised to see Diablo Swing Orchestra as your fav, 

Why? I'm a hard rock guy and it's the only thing on your EP that remotely resembled hard rock.
You sent me chamber folk  :lol

I know. High risk/No reward.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1331 on: November 06, 2019, 03:47:26 PM »
Struggling hard with the next round.  Shame we can't do multiple emotions haha.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1332 on: November 06, 2019, 03:50:07 PM »
Struggling hard with the next round.  Shame we can't do multiple emotions haha.

Well, I let people use multiple seasons in the first round. If you think you can somehow make it flow from one emotion to another, then I'm fine with that.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1333 on: November 06, 2019, 03:55:14 PM »
I picked the wrong Triosphere song for double points.  Glad I picked Cellar Darling to only send two songs from.  But I kinda think I should have sent all Triosphere and one song each for the other two. :)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1334 on: November 06, 2019, 03:57:22 PM »
I totally picked the wrong band for double points.  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1335 on: November 06, 2019, 04:11:09 PM »
I picked Winter for double points before round 1 results and don't regret it even if it isn't my highest scoring track  :corn

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1336 on: November 06, 2019, 04:17:15 PM »
Shit. I forgot which song I chose for double points. I think I went with Yours Is An Empty Hope. Shit.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1337 on: November 06, 2019, 04:18:50 PM »
Shit. I forgot which song I chose for double points. I think I went with Yours Is An Empty Hope. Shit.

You have an empty hope for double points. ;D

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1338 on: November 06, 2019, 05:18:17 PM »
Corn on the Sob

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1339 on: November 06, 2019, 06:13:23 PM »

I can't remember either, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's not going to pay off for me.  I think it might have been the Slash tune.   :tdwn

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1340 on: November 06, 2019, 06:15:12 PM »

I can't remember either, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's not going to pay off for me.  I think it might have been the Slash tune.   :tdwn

It was WTF. It proved to be one of the better scores so it did in fact help you.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1341 on: November 06, 2019, 07:55:56 PM »
Results are incoming. Please wait until the standings are up before posting!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1342 on: November 06, 2019, 07:57:11 PM »
 :corn :corn :corn

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Round 2 rEPsults
« Reply #1343 on: November 06, 2019, 07:58:17 PM »
Round 2

Women In Uniform

PUPPIES-Ladies Of Metal

"I liked most of this. One song nearly lost me, but you brought me back with an amazing track."

This is certainly a consistent EP. I felt it was a sleeper. I really liked The Aging Man. I'm going to check them out for sure. I'm finding out that Jinjer is not for me. The Messa grew on me from the first listen. I was really WTF the first time, hence the First Impression comment. The YYNOT is a fantastic song, which earned you a Bonus Point. I found the Dreadnought very interesting.

1. The Great Discord-The Aging Man  8.5

I like this. Has lots of cool parts.  It builds as it goes, and I like the chorus.

2. Jinjer-I Speak Astronomy** 8.0

There's really nothing to latch onto until the mellow part three and a half minutes in. The second half was a lot better.

3. Messa-Leah  7.5

This takes a while to unpack, but it does have kind of a cool vibe.

4. YYNOT-Etheria 9.0

This song is awesome. So much energy. I really like it. Actually has a Rush hard rock style. This stands out as quite different on this EP, but I really like it. I knew immediately this was likely getting a Bonus Point.

5. Dreadnought-To Luminous Scale  8.0

This is really interesting. Pretty intense to be sure.

6. Oceans Of Slumber- A Path To Broken Stars 8.0

This song starts off well enough, but I don't know. It kind of loses me. These are really good vocals, and decent enough music, but they just to mix well to my ears.

8.0+(8.0+8.0)+7.5+9.0+8.5+8.0=56.5/7=8.07*2=16.1
Meets Theme=1.0
Theme Bonus=1.0

Total=18.1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CYRIL

"Wow, that was really interesting. I can't wait to listen to it again. Lots to chew on here."

I loved the Bent Knee track, and The Earth And I. Both were close to getting a Bonus Point. The Unexpect was cool enough. I'd check that out for sure.

1. Oceans of Slumber - Winter** 8.0

2. Messa - The Seer 8.0

This is pretty cool and creepy.

3. Bent Knee - Way Too Long 8.5

I love this. it's quite different, but it works really well. It's weird, and addicting.

4. Dreadnought - Immolate 7.5

This got better as it went on with the instrumental part. The first half wasn't working out so well.

5. The Earth and I - The Timekeeper 8.5

This is an excellent song. Real nice hard rock with

6. Unexpect - Until A Few More Deaths Do Us Part  8.0

This is really cool. But ultimately it lost a little more luster with each listen.

(8.0+8.0)+8.0+8.5+7.5+8.5+8.0=56.5/7=8.07*2=16.1
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KATTELOX-The Pussycats Of Poontang

"The first half of this EP was so awesome. Then WTF happened?"

I find that I'm really lukewarm on Nightwish. I find the symphonic elements highly distracting, especially when overdone. I loved Suckerpunch. It has a great energy about it. Hyperdrive showed up on a handful of EPs and it's a really strong track. I've checked in on Triosphere before, but I really need to give them some real effort. I felt the second half lapsed a bit, but overall a strong and consistent EP.

1. Nightwish-Storytime 8.0

A little too symphonic for me. I mean, it's not bad. It's not overdone. The chorus is quite catchy. This song actually kind of grew on me.

2. Devin Townsend Project-Hyperdrive  8.5

I like the vocals in this, especially the chorus.

3. Delain-Suckerpunch  8.5

Quality tune. Really catchy chorus. This song has a nice pace.

4. Triosphere-My Fortress  8.5

Solid tune. It rocks pretty good. Nice solo section.

5. Nightwish-Weak Fantasy  8.0

I like the vocals on this. I wish they'd leave out the symphonic elements on this. I find it really distracting.

6. Nightwish-Yours Is An Empty Hope**  8.0

I should like this more than I do. I don't know.

7. Epica-Unleashed 8.0

These are some serious vocals.  But I feel like that is all this song has.

8. Delain-Masters Of Destiny 7.5

I liked Suckerpunch a lot more than this. But this isn't bad. I feel like musically, this is a step back, but the last minute is a great way to end the EP.

8.0+8.5+8.5+8.5+8.0+(8.0+8.0)+8.0+7.5=73/9=8.11*2=16.2
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARIICH-Girls Just Wanna Rock

"This EP needs some trimming. Lots of tasty hard rock but I find a lot of it generic. It ends pretty strong though."

I would like to rename this EP to the Three Bears EP. One band ...almost. One band...not quite. One band...just right.
The After Forever tracks were excellent, earning you a Bonus Point. I've sampled Kobra before, and they're definitely nice enough. They are not a "must have" band for me.
But unfortunately the Halestorm didn't work.

1. Kobra and the Lotus - Velvet Roses 8.0

I like this song. It really goes by in a flash, but very enjoyable.

2. After Forever - Equally Destructive 8.5

Another song that's easy on the ears. Those are quality vocals right here. 

3. Halestorm - Mz. Hyde 7.5

I don't really have an opinion of this song. It's not bad, I guess. This round a much better vocals, and the song is just OK.

4. Halestorm - I Miss the Misery 6.5

I've definitely heard this song a few times on the radio, so thank you for solving the mystery of who made this totally sucky song that I can't stand. lol

5. After Forever - Envision 8.0

A quality tune with some great vocals. I definitely like this. Good and solid.

6. After Forever - Energize Me 8.0

Beginning reminds me of Pat Benatar. This is really nice music.

I like this band. These vocals are great.

7. Kobra and the Lotus - Light Me Up** 8.0

Nice enough song. I don't have much to say about it. It's really just there.

8. Halestorm - I Am the Fire  7.5

This is the best of the three Halestorm songs. Sounds like Kelly Clarkson on bat shit steroids.

9. Kobra and the Lotus - Burn!  8.0

Like a lot of other songs on this EP. It's good.Nothing more. Not much to say on it.

10. After Forever - Cry With a Smile  9.0

This is a great song. I'm very impressed with this vocalist. Very powerful track. Reminds me of early Pat Benatar. I think is song is amazing. That chorus absolutely slays.

11. Kobra and the Lotus - In the End 8.0

The EP ends with a song with some character. This song has a nice flow. That part around 3:30 where the guitars pick up for a brief time is cool.

8.0+8.5+7.5+6.5+8.0+8.0+(8.0+8.0)+7.5+8.0+9.0+8.0=95/12=7.92*2=15.8
Meets Theme=1.0
Theme Bonus=1.0

Total=17.8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUDDY HUNTER-Ladies And Djents

"The EP title is appropriate. These bands sounded a lot alike on first listen"

I really struggled on scoring this EP. It definitely didn't suck, but I really had trouble connecting with a lot of it.  Destiny Potato proved to be a moving target, while you reaped the rewards of Hyperdrive. And definitely the best EP Title of the round.

1: Destiny Potato - Indifferent **  8.0

Really nice vocal. This song feels more hard rock than the other two.

2: Jinjer - Teacher, Teacher! 7.5

I wasn't in love with this, but the last half of the song was decent.

3: Destiny Potato - UYM 7.0

The electronic elements in the first half really don't agree with me. It does eventually develop into something decent though.

4: Devin Townsend Project - Hyperdrive! 8.5

5: Jinjer - Perennial 7.0

The beginning of this song is a bunch of noise. The harsh vocals are...harsh. The clean female vocals are nice enough but not enough to save this song.

6: Destiny Potato - Addict 8.0

Cool enough song with lots of interesting parts. 

(8.0+8.0)+7.5+7.0+8.5+7.0+8.0 54/7=7.71*2-15.4
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=16.4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JINGLE BOY-That's What She Said

"I liked this a lot. You've hit the spot with a lot of this."

Really strong and consistent EP. Was really looking forward to the Vandroya, and it did not disappoint. I really need to follow up and make them stick. Triosphere is solid AF and of course to me, the band of the round was After Forever. Unfortunately, you should've quit while you were ahead and made this a 7 song EP.

1. Beautiful Sin-Lost 8.0

Not a bad song at all. Quite enjoyable.

2. Vandroya-No Oblivion For Eternity 8.5

This starts of really progressive. Really strong vocals in the chorus.
Sounds like Perfect Symmetry/Parallels era Fates Warning. Musically this is excellent. the guitar solo sounds really familiar.

3. Triosphere-Worlds Apart 8.0

Can't say this was a great song, but I loved the changeup for the instrumental section. That was amazing. And it carried the song out to the end.

4. Vandroya-Why Should We Say Goodbye 8.5

I love the vocal in this song. And that second half of the guitar solo is outstanding.

5. Ad Infinitum-I Am The Storm 8.0

This is nice. Excellent vocal.

6. After Forever-Equally Destructive** 8.5

Another song that's easy on the ears. Those are quality vocals right here. Has  Pat Benatar feel to it.

7. Beautiful Sin-Take Me Home 8.5

Excellent solo section. This is a solid tune to be sure. This actually really grew on me.

8. Arch Enemy-Walk In The Shadows 7.0

Ooff.

8.0+8.5+8.0+8.5+8.0+(8.5+8.5)=8.5+7.0=73.5/9=8.16*2=16.3
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOLFKING-The Bitches Are Back In Town

"Half of this EP is excellent, and half is really good."

I appreciate the crash course in Arch Enemy. Damn, their music is ridiculously killer. But those vocals...wow. Females are not supposed to do this. I'll be honest, I didn't love their vocals, but their music is fantastic, especially the Schenker inspired nemesis.
I am getting that Sinergy album. Spit On Your Grave earned you a Bonus Point for the best song of the round. And I found The Superjesus really charming. A total bonus track if there ever was one, but I enjoyed the hell out of that song.

1. Arch Enemy-Blood On Your Hands** 8.5

This song is total metal. Not sure I'm totally on board with this chick's vocals. Kind of creeps me out.

2. Arch Enemy-Nemesis  8.5

I like this one a lot, vocals notwithstanding. This song is loaded with Schenkerisms, and you know I appreciate that.

3. Sinergy-Spit On Your Grave 9.0

Tis song kicks some serious ass. I like this. I see it has Alexi of CoB. That's cool. THis tune is top notch.

4. Beautiful Sin-This Is Not The Original Dream 7.5

This feels a bit out of place here.

5. Sinergy-Midnight Madness 8.5

Excellent metal tune. I like the vocals, and they fit the music pretty well. This band is a find.

6. Arch Enemy-The Day You Died 7.5

This one is rough. I like a lot of the guitar though. Reminds me a lot of Accept, actually. These vocals suck though.

7. Sinergy-Suicide By My Side 8.0

Not sure I like this song as much as the other two, but it's still pretty solid.

8. The Superjesus-Down Again 8.5

I think this is actually pretty neat. I love the feel of this. The vocals are really endearing and inviting.

(8.5+8.5)+8.5+9.0+7.5+8.5+7.5+8.0+8.5=74.5/9=8.27*2=16.5
Meets Theme=1.0
Theme Bonus=1.0

Total=18.5

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1344 on: November 06, 2019, 07:59:26 PM »
ELITE

"Even though we always don't connect, it's always interesting. This EP follows suit. It needs some more listens."

Another benefactor of Hyperdrive. That's a really strong track. I liked the Scarlet Stories tracks as well. I've already saved that album on Spotify to check out. One of the better Messa tracks, and you EP really managed to hang around.

1. Messa - Snakeskin Drape 8.0

I like this upbeat style from them.

2. Devin Townsend Project - Hyperdrive! 8.5

3. VUUR - Days go By - London 7.5

This is interesting. Has a bit of a 90's style vocal. I don't hate it.

4. Scarlet Stories - The Gallows Tree Part II: The Price You Paid 8.5

This is a cool tune, I enjoyed it a lot.

5. Devin Townsend Project - Pandemic** 7.0

This was kind of a hot mess. And I didn't even like the female vocals.

6. Scarlet Stories - In Blood and Limbs and Gore and Clay 8.0

This is really interesting stuff. I dig it.

8.0+8.5+7.5+8.5+(7.0+7.0)+8.0=54.5/7= 7.8*2=15.6
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=16.6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERMIND-Per Aspera ad Astra

"Nothing really jumped out at me on this. I think you'll be disappointed in the score."

Real solid EP, earning you a Bonus Point for After Forever. You picked an excellent tune to double up on. I really enjoyed the Beyond The Black. Only blemish was the Jinjer.

1. Triosphere - The Sentinel  8.0

This is a solid song, but I'm not sure really what to do with it.  More metal but not quite as "hook-y" as the others in this round.

2. Epica - Unleashed  8.0

Real solid track with some ridiculous vocals. However, they were a bit over the top and the symphonic elements are distracting.

3. After Forever - Cry With a Smile   9.0

This is a great song. I'm very impressed with this vocalist. Very powerful track.

4. Beyond the Black - Unbroken 8.5

This is actually an excellent song. I think the production understates how powerful this track could be. I would love to have the singer really go for it. Everything feels so restrained. I'd love to hear a live version of this song.

5. Triosphere - The Heart's Dominion ** 8.5

Solid song. I like the vocals.

6. Jinjer - I Speak Astronomy  8.0

There's really nothing to latch onto until the mellow part three and a half minutes in. The second half was a lot better.

8.0+8.0+9.0+8.5+(8.5+8.5)+8.0=58.5/7=8.35*2=16.7
Meets Theme=1.0
Theme Bonus=1.0

Total 18.7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STADLER

"Wow, I'm not going to lie. Parts of this were really bad."

The Sweet cover was fantastic. I can't stand Joan Jett, but this totally worked. Desolation Boulevard is an all time favorite album of mine, and this cover totally killed. You doubled up on the next best song so that is good.  Was shocked to see the Nightwish here. It kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. Unfortunately, I'm not really a fan, as explained already. You sent some pretty suspect material here, but you managed to survive the round fairly unscathed.

1. Heart -WTF** 8.0

This was interesting. It's a decent tune. Fairly hard rocking.

2. Slash & Fergie-Beautiful Dangerous 7.0

If you wanted me to slap to this, a picture of Fergie would've sufficed.

3. Joan Jett And The Blackhearts-Wait For Me 7.5

This sounds like something off of KISS' Unmasked.
In that vein, it's acceptable.

4. Heart-Wait For An Answer 7.5

Fantastic vocal, but the song is not.

5. Garbage-Empty 7.0

I knew I could count on you to send me some Garbage.  :neverusethis:

6. Concrete Blonde-Carry Me Away 7.5

Well, it's better than garbage.  :lol

7. Nightwish-Ghost Love Score (Live) 7..5

Genuinely suprised to see this on your EP. Didn't know you liked Nightwish.  I'm very luekwarm on Nightwish. Sometimes I feel like the vocals are trying too hard, and I generally find symphonic elements in rock way too distracting. And this song is 10 minutes with tons of symphony.

8. Joan Jett And The Blackhearts-A.C.D.C. 9.0

I'm not in any way a Joan Jett fan. At All. But she's perfect for this song. Most of the songs from Desolation Boulevard have been covered, and this one stacks right up with the best of them.

(8.0+8.0)+7.0+7.5+7.5+7.0+7.5+7.5+9.0=69/9=7.66*2=15.3
Meets Theme=1.0
Theme Bonus=1.0

Total=17.3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAIZOFF-Feminarum Sojourn

Really up and down EP. I loved the raw energy L7 and Meanstreak. You doubled up on a really awesome Sara Bareillis track. i wished you sent another in that vain, because Let The Rain was pretty rough. Very disappointed in The Cranberries. I was looking forward to that track.

1.  L7 - Wargasm  8.0

So I like the "playing in my parents' basement" feel and production. Not a fan of the lyrics, but I really like the feel of this.

2.  Meanstreak - Roadkill  8.5

I love the spirit of this song. So Old School. Another album recorded in somebody's mother's basement. But that's part of the charm. Really thrashy. Nice.

3.  L7 - Scrap  8.5

When I posted pics of Blondie and Hole albums, this is the perfect mix. Sounds like a Lemmy track too. I think this is really cool and different. Exactly the type of gem I was hoping to find.

4.  The Cranberries – Copycat 6.0

Butal. Copy that.

5.  Kate Bush - Cloudbusting 6.0

The vocals are fine, but this is not a song that will resonate with me, even in the vacuum of a roulette round.

6.  Sara Bareillis - I Didn't Plan It **  8.5

But this is exactly the type of song that will do well in the vacuum of a roulette round. Lots of character and really nice vocals.

7.  Sara Bareillis - Let The Rain 6.0

But I feel like this song is totally lacking in character. Feels like some very average pop song.

8.0+8.5+8.5+6.0+6.0+(8.5+8.5)+6.0=60/8=7.5*2=15
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=16.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romdrums-Mitt Romdrums Playlist Full Of Women

Rom, I don't know what to say. The first Gathering track was excellent, so I thought we were on our way. But then the next two songs happened. The EP continued to struggle save for the really nice song from Neko Case

1. The Gathering-Strange Machines**  8.5

Well, you picked the best song to double up, that's for sure. Love the Sabbath part around 2:00. Excellent vocal. I really liked this.

2. Bjork-Hyper Ballad 6.0

Oh my.

3. Karshe Kale-Free Fall  6.0

Oof.

4. Massive Attack-Dissolved Girl  6.5

I had no idea what to expect next. This is wierd, man. I liked the last minute. A chill outro. It's really not so bad.

5. Neko Case-Oracle Of The Maritimes 8.0

This is really cool. Fantastic vocal. Gripping lyrics. This song has a lot of atmosphere.

6. Imojean Heap-Closing In  6.5

Closing in? To the end of this EP!
The chorus is nice. But this feels way too produced for my liking. This would be better if there was a piano only version or something more stripped down. I feel like this song is fairly well written, but the chosen execution of it kills it for me.

7. The Gathering-Probably Built In The Fifties  6.5

I'm glad you doubled the other Gathering song. This is too strange for me. It has riffs, but i don't know. It was tough to get through.

(8.5+8.5)+6.0+6.0+6.5+8.0+6.5+6.5=48.5/8=6.06*2=12.1
Meets Theme=1.0

Total 13.1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SACUL-Mother, Stranger, Lover, Friend

The only song I really liked was the Diablo. I was really disappointed with The Cardigans as I've liked what I've heard from them. I gave The Cardigans and Janelle Monae songs credit as songs. The execution of the instrumentation was brutal to my ears.

1. Obscure Sphinx-Lunar Caustic 6.0

My ears hurt. That screaming is terrible. I liked the part from 4:15-6:05. That's it.

2. Chelsea Wolfe-Iron Moon 6.0

Wow, man, that was weird. I am not a fan of sludge, and that felt as sludgy as you can get.

3. Messa-Tulsi   7.5

Like most of the Messi tunes, these are really cool to sink your teeth in. It's a little slow, but it feels cool nonetheless.

4. Diablo Swing Orchestra-Kevlar Sweethearts  8.5

A band I've seen mentioned here but I have literally never heard a single note. This was really good.

5. Kimba-Come Into My Head  6.0

Oh boy.

6. Kate Bush-The Big Sky**  6.5

This song is better than Cloudbusting at least. Not a fan of the instrumentation at all. The song proper is fine as are the vocals.

7. The Cardigans-Explode 7.0

I was really disappointed with this. I hate the electronica going on. The vocal is great though. Another song that would've been much better with just piano. I actually like the song, but they killed it. "There's a shame what they do to a song". How fitting..

8. Janelle Monae-Cold War  7.0

Great vocal. Nice song.
Brutal instrumentation. Put this with real drums, bass, and guitar, and I think you're onto something.

6.5+6.0+7.5+8.5+6.0+(6.5+6.5)+7.0+7.0=61.5/9=6.83*2=13.7
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=14.7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LETHEAN

"A little uneven, but there's some decent stuff here."

Really consistent EP, only dipping below 8.0 for 1 song in 8. Excellent choice to double My Fortress, a very strong track. I really like the Triosphere. Both cellar Darling and Oceans Of Slumber weren't great, but you managed to send songs just good enough to keep you out of trouble.

1. Triosphere - My Fortress**  8.5

Solid tune. It rocks pretty good. Nice solo section.

2. Oceans of Slumber - A Path to Broken Stars  8.0

This song starts off well enough, but I don't know. It kind of loses me. These are really good vocals, and decent enough music, but they just to mix well to my ears.

3. Cellar Darling - Black Moon 7.5

Not a bad song. Not really a fan of the vocalizations in the middle leading into the instrumental break though.

4. Triosphere - Onwards Part 2  8.5

This song rocks big time. I really like this. Vocals are Dioesque.

5. Oceans of Slumber - Suffer the Last Bridge 8.5

This is actually a really decent song. The best OoS track of the round.

6. Triosphere - The Sentinel  8.0

This is a solid song, but I'm not sure really what to do with it. More metal but not quite as "hook-y" as the others in this round.

7. Cellar Darling - Freeze  8.0

This is a song with a real nice vocal. Nothing to complain about really.

8. Oceans of Slumber - ...This Road  8.0

This song is just missing something. I feel like it's lacking "that moment". I don't know. Feels like a missed opportunity.

(8.5+8.5)+8.0+7.5+8.5+8.5+8.0.+8.0+8.0=73.5/9=8.16*2=16.3
Meets Theme=1.0

Total=17.3

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1345 on: November 06, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »
Round 2 Scores

Evermind...18.7
Wolfking...18.5
Puppies...18.1
Ariich...17.8
Jingle.Boy...17.3
Stadler...17.3
Lethean...17.3
Kattelox...17.2
Cyril...17.1
Elie...16.6
Buddyhunter...16.4
Faizoff...16.0
Sacul...14.7
Romdrums...13.1

Standings

Wolfking...19.5+18.5=38.0
Evermind….18.2+18.7=36.9
Kattelox...19.0+17.2=36.2
Jingleboy...18.6+17.3=35.9
Ariich...17.8+17.8=35.6
Stadler...18.0+17.3=35.3
Puppies...17.0+18.1=35.1
Cyril...17.8+17.1=34.9
Lethean...17.0+17.3=34.3
Buddyhunter...17.9+16.4=34.3
Elite...16.8+16.6=33.4
Faizoff...16.7+16.0=32.7
Sacul...16.5+14.7=31.2
Romdrums...17.3+13.1=30.4

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1346 on: November 06, 2019, 08:00:42 PM »
Everyone, be sure to check your math. ;D

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1347 on: November 06, 2019, 08:04:02 PM »
those scores are way, way better than i was expecting :P
my lowest score was 7.5 and i was still in the bottom half

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1348 on: November 06, 2019, 08:06:14 PM »
You were hurt by just missing out on the Bonus Point and doubling up on an 8.0. I thought your EP was excellent. The Bent Knee was really freaking cool.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1349 on: November 06, 2019, 08:07:00 PM »
Business is open for Round 3 people!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1350 on: November 06, 2019, 08:08:01 PM »
You were hurt by just missing out on the Bonus Point and doubling up on an 8.0. I thought your EP was excellent. The Bent Knee was really freaking cool.
that album is all over the place but that's the heaviest song on it tbh  :lol
really good though, but i kinda doubt you'd like all of it

Online faizoff

« Reply #1351 on: November 06, 2019, 08:25:35 PM »
The math for my score checks out ;)
I should've kept with my second instinct and pushed more of the hard rock stuff seeing as you're a Hard Rock guy :D
Round 3 should be sent soon. Going to make minor tweaks after that last evaluation.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1352 on: November 06, 2019, 08:26:30 PM »
I feel like I just got a free sundae at McDonald's.   I was expecting SO much worse than that.

TAC, to your question; I don't know if I like Nightwish or not, but I love that song.   I was sent that in a roulette, then Dave from Manchester pointed it out for the ending; I just love how she sings that last couple minutes.   The problem is, it IS too long, but the ending probably doesn't work without the rest.   

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1353 on: November 06, 2019, 08:30:17 PM »
Bonus points are critical.

Lol @ Evermind impression "Nothing really jumped out at me on this. I think you'll be disappointed in the score." = highest score of the round.  :rollin. I'm sure he's really disappointed!

Time to flame out!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1354 on: November 06, 2019, 08:31:24 PM »
Tim, I may be about 24 to 36 hours in sending an EP.  4 12 hour days this week is killing me.  The lack of sleep is kind of clouding my judgement with this round also.

I knew the Beautiful Sin would somewhat bomb.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1355 on: November 06, 2019, 08:32:55 PM »
I feel like I just got a free sundae at McDonald's.   I was expecting SO much worse than that.

Well, you lucked out big time with the Bonus Point.

I felt funny at first considering that cover for it, as there were a lot more intricate and exquisite songs in the round. But if I was truly being honest with myself, it came down to what did I really enjoy more, and I ultimately couldn't look past it.

That's a tough song to cover, and she nailed it. I mean, she's kind of androgynous to begin with, so it totally worked.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1356 on: November 06, 2019, 08:35:04 PM »
Tim, I may be about 24 to 36 hours in sending an EP.  4 12 hour days this week is killing me.  The lack of sleep is kind of clouding my judgement with this round also.

I knew the Beautiful Sin would somewhat bomb.

Absolutely NO rush.

Lol @ Evermind impression "Nothing really jumped out at me on this. I think you'll be disappointed in the score." = highest score of the round.  :rollin. I'm sure he's really disappointed!

You know, I write those immediately after listening. I had just listened to K-lox's, Ariich's, and yours when I listened to Evermind. The 4 EPs are all kind of similar, and I think my ears were glazed over for that first listen.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1357 on: November 06, 2019, 08:46:35 PM »
Genuinely stunned I'm doing this well. I expected much worse! You're gonna hate the next one!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1358 on: November 06, 2019, 09:13:16 PM »
Genuinely stunned I'm doing this well. I expected much worse! You're gonna hate the next one!

Bet you an avatar he hates mine more.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1359 on: November 06, 2019, 09:40:38 PM »
Bonus points are critical.

Time to flame out!

:lol

Good thing I didn't go with Jinjer for my double score song.

I'll send something today.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1360 on: November 06, 2019, 09:51:03 PM »
Sent for round 3. Going to be very different from round 2. :D
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1361 on: November 06, 2019, 10:08:51 PM »
TAC, I cant remember if I picked which song I wanted a double score on for round 3.....and for round 4 for that matter...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1362 on: November 06, 2019, 10:09:13 PM »
4. Beyond the Black - Unbroken 8.5

This is actually an excellent song. I think the production understates how powerful this track could be. I would love to have the singer really go for it. Everything feels so restrained. I'd love to hear a live version of this song.

I'll actually have this chance at the end of the month, seeing them live for the first time, hopefully they'll play it. Thanks to Bolsters for introducing me to this band.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1363 on: November 06, 2019, 11:15:01 PM »
Feels fitting that my double-points song got 8.0 as almost all the other songs got 8.0 as well. :lol

Shame about the Halestorm but I knew it was a little riskier, and I'm glad you at least somewhat enjoyed two of the songs. I definitely recommend checking the self-titled After Forever and the most recent Kobra albums though!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1364 on: November 07, 2019, 12:32:05 AM »
It's astounding how I managed to choose the worst possible song for double points twice in a row now.

Also, some of these write-ups are hilarious :lol

"Oh My" / "Oof." / "Oh boy" - all 6.0

"Ooff." - 7.0 . I guess the extra F does it.

"I don't hate it."  - 7.5

:lol

Also "I don't like the female vocals" on Pandemic vs. "I like the vocals on this" for Weak Fantasy kind of doesn't make sense, as they're the same singer! :)

Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey