Author Topic: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Final Results  (Read 157077 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2019, 07:10:59 AM »
In all seriousness, TimTACPaddywhack - do you ONLY listen to rock/metal? I have SO many potential submissions but I fear you won't like any of them because they aren't rock or metal. I mean I can definitely send metal songs, but...

No shit, no lie, because that banned list might as well be my CD collection, I toyed with the idea of sending ONLY country songs for the roulette.  I won't (at least I haven't so far) but I'm definitely going to have to test the definition of "rock" to get through this.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2019, 07:13:40 AM »
In all seriousness, TimTACPaddywhack - do you ONLY listen to rock/metal? I have SO many potential submissions but I fear you won't like any of them because they aren't rock or metal. I mean I can definitely send metal songs, but...

No shit, no lie, because that banned list might as well be my CD collection, I toyed with the idea of sending ONLY country songs for the roulette.  I won't (at least I haven't so far) but I'm definitely going to have to test the definition of "rock" to get through this.

I'll jump if you jump.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2019, 07:17:45 AM »

He's not even listening to rock, he's only listening to metal.  ;)
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline faizoff

« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2019, 07:19:13 AM »
I've already lined up my next set of EPs and they are a mix of non-rock songs so I too am curious to see/hear what the reaction will be. I think I will send them regardless of genre.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2019, 07:27:15 AM »
Screw it. I was gonna send a fall-themed EP but for some reason metal bands only like to fucking sing about winter and cold emo crap so whatever. Sending in a minute.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2019, 07:40:22 AM »
So two things.

Stadler sent no metal songs and it’s actually an excellent EP. It does, however contain the worst song sent out of the first 7 EPs.  :lol

K-Lox, send whatever you want. I appreciate any submission.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2019, 07:41:45 AM »
So two things.

Stadler sent no metal songs and it’s actually an excellent EP. It does, however contain the worst song sent out of the first 7 EPs.  :lol

Sadly, I can't narrow down that "one song" to any less than three tunes.  :) :) :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2019, 07:44:48 AM »
*reads TAC's reply immediately after sending a bunch of metal*

:facepalm:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2019, 07:57:27 AM »
*reads TAC's reply immediately after sending a bunch of metal*

:facepalm:

You can change it if you want.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2019, 07:58:08 AM »
Nah let's stick with it, I'm sick of looking at season-themed song titles now  :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2019, 08:13:52 AM »
I should totally be in this roulette, because not only would I send lots of metal, but I'd enjoy sending it too.  :P  Having said that, I still don't like making concept albums and the banned list looks pretty big.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2019, 08:27:16 AM »
I should totally be in this roulette, because not only would I send lots of metal, but I'd enjoy sending it too.  :P  Having said that, I still don't like making concept albums and the banned list looks pretty big.

If you promise not to send 5 Katatonia EPs then jump in.

But that is it!!!!!!!!!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2019, 08:43:33 AM »
It's funny because Tim's banned list is probably the first banned list that is not problematic whatsoever for me  :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2019, 08:44:02 AM »
4 Katatonia EPs it is!!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2019, 09:00:04 AM »
It's funny because Tim's banned list is probably the first banned list that is not problematic whatsoever for me  :lol
Yeah I have to say I'm finding a bunch of stuff that seems like it might be up Tim's alley (giggity) but isn't banned.

I'm saying this now so I can laugh at my own naivety when everything I send completely bombs.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2019, 09:09:59 AM »
Yeah I have to say I'm finding a bunch of stuff that seems like it might be up Tim's alley (giggity) but isn't banned.

I'm saying this now so I can laugh at my own naivety when everything I send completely bombs.

Revenge motherfucker!

At least I’ll let you play in all 5 rounds bastard.  :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2019, 09:14:27 AM »

Revenge motherfucker!

As someone who has been eliminated in the prelims of ariich's last two roulettes, I had a sensible chuckle at this response.

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2019, 09:28:47 AM »
By the way, if anyone fails to submit anything for whatever reason, I actually have something ready to send, believe it or not.

Elite, go ahead..

I'll add you to the list! :)

Wow, I didn't expect that to work :lol

SENT!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #193 on: October 24, 2019, 09:43:33 AM »

I'll jump if you jump.  :lol

Fast track to getting Tim to re-evaluate his decision not to have eliminations.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #194 on: October 24, 2019, 09:47:39 AM »
I could send a jazz EP for the hell of it. Pretty sure there’s some guys that could throw together some hiphop (Sacul? Counting on you!). If Parama could do his best black metal noise, I’m pretty sure the lot of us could give TAC a very challenging round indeed! :biggrin:
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: October 24, 2019, 09:48:43 AM »
Since flow doesn't count for much you bet I'll be sending mostly non-rock/metal after this round... unless Tim somehow likes the fondue fountain I just sent him

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #196 on: October 24, 2019, 10:37:30 AM »

Revenge motherfucker!

:lol Hey, I let you play in 5 rounds last time (and it paid offf as you sent me Kaelling and Euphoreon :metal ).

As someone who has been eliminated in the prelims of ariich's last two roulettes, I had a sensible chuckle at this response.
Sadly you seem to make questionable prelim decisions. :P The post-roulette album you sent me in my previous roulette was awesome!

Anyway my next roulette will be a no prelim, no eliminations roulette, so you better both be in otherwise quit yer whinin'. :P

I be am boner inducing.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #197 on: October 24, 2019, 11:16:15 AM »
Anyway my next roulette will be a no prelim, no eliminations roulette, so you better both be in otherwise quit yer whinin'. :P

Another album roulette or perhaps a song roulette for a change?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2019, 11:54:04 AM »
I could send a jazz EP for the hell of it. Pretty sure there’s some guys that could throw together some hiphop (Sacul? Counting on you!). If Parama could do his best black metal noise, I’m pretty sure the lot of us could give TAC a very challenging round indeed! :biggrin:
Now you're tempting me :corn :corn :corn

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2019, 11:58:49 AM »

Another album roulette or perhaps a song roulette for a change?
Absolutely, I love my album roulettes but in terms of how much time it's possible to give them, I have to cap numbers which makes them less inclusive. So yes, it'll be my first song roulette in 8 years. :O

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #200 on: October 24, 2019, 12:23:26 PM »
Oh crap that just makes things harder for me  :lol
I gotta like, pick out songs? Heck off

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #201 on: October 24, 2019, 12:34:16 PM »
Now you're tempting me :corn :corn :corn

Sacul, I’d like the EPs by this Sunday at the latest, not NEXT Sunday.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #202 on: October 24, 2019, 12:59:46 PM »
I haven't decided for certain yet as it won't be for a few months, but it's also often harder for me to get a sense of an artist from just a single song too, so my current thinking is that I'd allow and encourage everyone to send two songs from the same artist each round (probably with a maximum time limit or you'd be able to send an entire Moonsorrow album!). So hopefully that would also help with not having to narrow down the choice to a single song, and also make it easier to demonstrate different sides of an artist.

Anyway, that's as far as my thinking has got, so I'm going to stop derailing Tim's roulette now (sorry Tim!). :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #203 on: October 24, 2019, 01:01:50 PM »
Disappointed you're not gonna run two roulettes at the same time tbh

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2019, 01:40:34 PM »
I haven't decided for certain yet as it won't be for a few months, but it's also often harder for me to get a sense of an artist from just a single song too, so my current thinking is that I'd allow and encourage everyone to send two songs from the same artist each round (probably with a maximum time limit or you'd be able to send an entire Moonsorrow album!). So hopefully that would also help with not having to narrow down the choice to a single song, and also make it easier to demonstrate different sides of an artist.

Hey Rich... if I express any interest or thought about joining, I give you outright permission to ban me.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2019, 03:17:52 PM »
I'm starting to work on round 2's EP.  This one is going to be a challenge for me indeed.

I listened to the round 1 EP I sent Tim in the car yesterday.  It was very enjoyable.  I think I even nailed the track order well too.  Some stuff I would never normally send but worked out nicely.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2019, 05:57:10 PM »
Thursdays blow!

Home and listening!

Hey L-Lox, I thought you were sending me metal. ;D

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2019, 06:23:32 PM »
Hey L-Lox, I thought you were sending me metal. ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2019, 06:41:12 PM »
Announcement!

Obviously I have a lot of classic rock and popular bands not on the banned list.
I'm thinking bout the next round. Obviously Heart is not on the banned list, so they're fair game. But please find a deep track if you are going to use them. Anything on the radio should really be left off limits. So no Barracuda, Magic Man, Alone, etc...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2019, 06:53:02 PM »
Announcement!

Obviously I have a lot of classic rock and popular bands not on the banned list.
I'm thinking bout the next round. Obviously Heart is not on the banned list, so they're fair game. But please find a deep track if you are going to use them. Anything on the radio should really be left off limits. So no Barracuda, Magic Man, Alone, etc...

Wonder who that was directed towards?