Author Topic: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Final Results  (Read 159520 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Round 4
« Reply #2590 on: November 25, 2019, 05:54:04 AM »
The whole thing should fit in a PM i would think. Send tonight. That’s fine. I have Chad’s and Lethean to listen to tonight. That’s over3 hours right there.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2591 on: November 25, 2019, 06:07:11 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2592 on: November 25, 2019, 06:52:07 AM »
I thought I would be done by last night, still have a little bit left to finish. Had a busy weekend. Hopefully tonight, if not tomorrow max.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2593 on: November 25, 2019, 07:14:41 AM »
I guess I'll have something ready later this week if you REALLY don't want to listen to the second EP I sent either. @Lethean because, like I already said, I don't have time to work on another unless Tim wants to wait until later in the week and puts off hangman because of me. I already sent one he can listen to instead of the original, but if he doesn't like that either, fuck me, I'll try to come up with *something*. To be honest I'm already checked out and don't want to make another but I guess I will
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2594 on: November 25, 2019, 07:26:50 AM »
I guess I'll have something ready later this week if you REALLY don't want to listen to the second EP I sent either. @Lethean because, like I already said, I don't have time to work on another unless Tim wants to wait until later in the week and puts off hangman because of me. I already sent one he can listen to instead of the original, but if he doesn't like that either, fuck me, I'll try to come up with *something*. To be honest I'm already checked out and don't want to make another but I guess I will
Tim didn't reject the second one, did he? I think all he's been saying is "there's no rush, if you need more time to refine it that's fine".

I'm pretty sure this round will need to be a long one, considering how long most of the albums seem to be.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2595 on: November 25, 2019, 08:04:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure this round will need to be a long one, considering how long most of the albums seem to be.

2hrs+, FTW!!! :2metal: :yarr
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2596 on: November 25, 2019, 08:54:26 AM »

You can ragequit if you want to! :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2597 on: November 25, 2019, 08:55:17 AM »
No rage whatsoever. I sent two submissions, and I am sadly working on a third apparently. Two submissions that won't get even a cursory listen, but two nonetheless.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2598 on: November 25, 2019, 09:06:44 AM »
You can sadquit then!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2599 on: November 25, 2019, 09:31:29 AM »
i'm gonna winquit

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2600 on: November 25, 2019, 09:32:04 AM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2601 on: November 25, 2019, 11:24:40 AM »
Ok my EP is turning out great since it's a personal story, and found lots of great material for it. Now I've got to trim it, it's 3 and a half hours long :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2602 on: November 25, 2019, 11:36:40 AM »
Tim, I may have to wait 16 hours. Is that alright.  If you want it now I can be late for work haha.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2603 on: November 25, 2019, 11:37:37 AM »
So, question:   what if a song you want/need is not on Spotify?  Is there a mechanism for that? 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2604 on: November 25, 2019, 11:41:40 AM »
So, question:   what if a song you want/need is not on Spotify?  Is there a mechanism for that?

No, you have to make a new EP.   :biggrin:

I routinely upload songs to my google drive account, ensure it's not private, then share the link.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2605 on: November 25, 2019, 11:42:24 AM »

I kid you not, I've run into at least 5 songs I wanted to use that are not on the service just for this round, and it sucks 'cause I don't own some of them so I can't upload them anywhere!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2606 on: November 25, 2019, 11:45:58 AM »

I kid you not, I've run into at least 5 songs I wanted to use that are not on the service just for this round, and it sucks 'cause I don't own some of them so I can't upload them anywhere!

:yarr

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2607 on: November 25, 2019, 11:47:35 AM »

Damn.  Keen to see the second one now.  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2608 on: November 25, 2019, 12:02:56 PM »
All my songs were on spotify but I sent files anyways
Only did like two tiny edits for flow's sake though

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2609 on: November 25, 2019, 12:06:40 PM »

I honestly threw it together in a few minutes so be gentle and no this wasn't a joke either, it was just to send some metal  :lol

"Cosmic Geometry"
1. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Of Michael the Archangel and Lucifer's Fall [16:02]
2. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Clash of the Titans [4:15]
3. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Ascending to Infinity [6:15]
4. Turilli / Lione Rhapsody - Zero Gravity [5:54]
5. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Of Michael the Archangel and Lucifer's Fall, Part II: Codex Nemesis [18:05]

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2610 on: November 25, 2019, 12:08:27 PM »
Well I see why it was rejected, you need to send at least 3 different artists!

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2611 on: November 25, 2019, 12:09:08 PM »
You didn't have at least three artists on that.  You can probably still use most of it and build up the story.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2612 on: November 25, 2019, 12:09:37 PM »
Well I see why it was rejected, you need to send at least 3 different artists!

I never even noticed that  :rollin

You didn't have at least three artists on that.  You can probably still use most of it and build up the story.

No, I have one in the oven, it just needs time to bake. Third time's the charm/real deal ;)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2613 on: November 25, 2019, 12:14:02 PM »

I honestly threw it together in a few minutes so be gentle and no this wasn't a joke either, it was just to send some metal  :lol

"Cosmic Geometry"
1. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Of Michael the Archangel and Lucifer's Fall [16:02]
2. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Clash of the Titans [4:15]
3. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Ascending to Infinity [6:15]
4. Turilli / Lione Rhapsody - Zero Gravity [5:54]
5. Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Of Michael the Archangel and Lucifer's Fall, Part II: Codex Nemesis [18:05]

Maybe he rejected because you need a minimum of 3 artists?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2614 on: November 25, 2019, 12:16:07 PM »
Wait, so I'm still not sure if Mike has been trolling us this whole time or was just super distracted/unobservant. :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2615 on: November 25, 2019, 12:17:46 PM »
Okay damn it.  :lol I was not trolling at all with the Lucy EP. I put Cosmic Geometry together in a matter of minutes 'cause I was checked out and struggling to put together *any* other EP, and also had to spend most of the weekend moving furniture so I definitely didn't put much effort into it. But I got over the 'block' per se, I think, and have a good one percolating right now.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2616 on: November 25, 2019, 12:21:13 PM »
It doesn't matter much anyways since wolfking is gonna get the highest score in the end  :metal
I'm just hoping for some more 8/10's for my collection, I put more effort into my concept album than I probably should have

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2617 on: November 25, 2019, 12:25:42 PM »
Okay damn it.  :lol I was not trolling at all with the Lucy EP. I put Cosmic Geometry together in a matter of minutes 'cause I was checked out and struggling to put together *any* other EP, and also had to spend most of the weekend moving furniture so I definitely didn't put much effort into it. But I got over the 'block' per se, I think, and have a good one percolating right now.
Oh yeah I just meant about the second one, I trusted that the first one was genuine.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2618 on: November 25, 2019, 01:13:31 PM »
More like KatteLOST, amirite?  :loser: ;) :hat
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2619 on: November 25, 2019, 01:15:03 PM »
This was my first concept album draft btw, TAC rejected it though  :sadpanda:
https://open.spotify.com/album/6SRlWxC7lMPu2qlwOMslrk?nd=1

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2620 on: November 25, 2019, 01:20:11 PM »
Tim, I may have to wait 16 hours. Is that alright.  If you want it now I can be late for work haha.

No worries!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2621 on: November 25, 2019, 01:23:12 PM »

Just list 'em. I'll youtube it. I've already done it in this roulette.

So if you see a "y" next to one of your songs, don't freak out like J Boy did. :lol
It just denotes youtube

See above.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2622 on: November 25, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »
Okay, then.  Write up largely done, proofed and ready to go. Need to just add one song - the perfect rap tune - and we're in.  Nine page write up and three and a half hours of music, about politics in the age of Trump.  I'm so excited! 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2623 on: November 25, 2019, 01:41:37 PM »
Sounds deplorable.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2624 on: November 25, 2019, 01:45:40 PM »
"TAC's Personal Hell: Armageddon"