Author Topic: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Final Results  (Read 159543 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Round 4
« Reply #2520 on: November 23, 2019, 10:54:32 AM »
Sent my swan songs (EP?), RIP me. I predict it will score towards the bottom of the lot

Oh great story.

Bought some weed from Luca Turilli. Smoked it. Woke up framed for a roulette host’s death.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2521 on: November 23, 2019, 10:55:43 AM »
Best song goes to Sacul.  Marketa Irglova - Without A Map   Simply amazing.
Damn, now that's a huge surprise :o :2metal:. Also glad to see Obscure Sphinx do well despite how it tanked some rounds ago.

Can’t believe that was the same band.

That Marketa song was unbelievable. Goosebumps man.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2522 on: November 23, 2019, 12:13:42 PM »
Just got to work. Working 9-5 today. Be on my computer around 6.

I feel bad the Bonus Points have been so controversial. That wasn’t my intent.

I’ll address when I have a keyboard tonight.

I don't think you need to - your roulette, your rules, and as jingle said they were there from the beginning.  I found a couple rounds frustrating, but that's OK.  Just because I grumbled a little, doesn't mean you have to do anything.  Lots more people grumbled in the last roulette about being limited to songs with man, woman, etc etc in the title, but we all had fun anyway.  :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2523 on: November 23, 2019, 02:05:37 PM »
I seriously don't have any more time to work on roulette stuff for at least the next 3 days, i'm moving stuff atm so unfortunately you're stuck with that tac
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2524 on: November 23, 2019, 02:47:35 PM »
sent my concept album

Sent it back.

Haha.  For some reason this made me laugh out loud (not at Cyril's expense, but just because it was funny).

Hey, what's the deadline.  I took a long hot shower this afternoon after working on my car and I had a lightning bolt.   I have a story, and I want to put something together.   I need at least a day or so, but that should do it.  I had my final EP and it was clever, but it was... lame.  So, having watched "A Star Is Born" again yesterday, and torturing my wife by repeating Bradley Cooper's "You've got to dig down to your FUCKING SOUL" line, I figured I had to up my game.  At the VERY least give the young whipper-snappers here something to reckon with.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2525 on: November 23, 2019, 02:53:44 PM »
I seriously don't have any more time to work on roulette stuff for at least the next 3 days, i'm moving stuff atm so unfortunately you're stuck with that tac

Did he try to reject your second EP?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2526 on: November 23, 2019, 03:07:04 PM »
I can't comment on the bonus point system.  I have no issue with it but I'm doing well so I guess I can't say anything.  I haven't kept track of who has been getting them.  I would have to go back and see how many I've got even.  Saying that, the rules and conditions of the roulette are stared before you start playing so it's not like we are not aware of it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2527 on: November 23, 2019, 03:08:13 PM »
Speaking of long stories, I have a feeling mine will be quite lengthy too.  How many characters are allowed in PM's.  Might need a few.  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2528 on: November 23, 2019, 03:58:40 PM »

Did he try to reject your second EP?

I got the impression that he wanted to, but I told him he'd have to listen to Lucy if he rejected it. Honestly I put no effort into what I sent cause I still want Lucy to be my submission
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2529 on: November 23, 2019, 04:06:03 PM »
I took a long hot shower this afternoon ...and I had a lightning bolt. 

TMI

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2530 on: November 23, 2019, 04:12:08 PM »
Hey, what's the deadline. 

I would say the deadline will be Friday. I kind of thought you guys would be a tad more ready, but I appreciate the effort being put into it.
I have Puppies to listen to tonight. It's the 3rd one in. I would like to get a couple more in the next 12 hours if that's at all possible. I can listen during the Pats game when I get home from work. If not, I'll start my second listens on the ones I have.

I had surgery yesterday, and although I'm home now, I can't really do a lot since I feel rather weak and terrible. I'll see if I can throw something together over the weekend, but if that doesn't happen, you know why.

Elite, just to follow up. You have a number of days. Don't feel rushed.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2531 on: November 23, 2019, 04:20:59 PM »

I have Puppies to listen to tonight. It's the 3rd one in.
Party on Wayne!  :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2532 on: November 23, 2019, 04:30:17 PM »
I don't think you need to - your roulette, your rules, and as jingle said they were there from the beginning.  I found a couple rounds frustrating, but that's OK.  Just because I grumbled a little, doesn't mean you have to do anything.  Lots more people grumbled in the last roulette about being limited to songs with man, woman, etc etc in the title, but we all had fun anyway.  :)

Hey Lethean, I'm sorry you're frustrated with the Bonus Points. I definitely understand. As a player, I generally don't like things like Bonus Points.

I remember JJ having Japanese Bonus Points and I didn't even get any for Loudness. And THEY'RE JAPANESE!!!! I bitched and moaned..in jest of course.

The reason I reluctantly decided to use Bonus points was because I wanted to incentify using the themes. I just didn't want someone to really put a lot of thought into the themes, and then get blown by someone that ignored the theme but sent better songs.
I was going to only have one per round, but after I accepted 14 people, with no eliminations, I decided to award 5.

My only worry is that the Bonus Points would come into play when deciding the winner. Unfortunately, it just might.

I will include the unofficial standings (without Bonus Points) so everyone can see. But unfortunately for some, Bonus Points will play a factor in the official standings.

So Lethean, I feel bad you're frustrated, but all I can tell you is that I really appreciate you playing and in the end there's on one winner....

….and it's fucking ME!

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2533 on: November 23, 2019, 04:41:01 PM »
 :lol

No - it's totally fine.  Totally fine.  I wouldn't be in the top few even without the bonus points.  I think the point you already give for meeting the theme or not would have eliminated the concern about people ignoring the theme.  But that's just me - you set it up a certain way and you have every right to.  You didn't even have to let me play in the first place since I know you wanted a smaller group, and I appreciate you letting me in. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2534 on: November 23, 2019, 04:42:39 PM »
:lol

No - it's totally fine.  Totally fine.  I wouldn't be in the top few even without the bonus points.  I think the point you already give for meeting the theme or not would have eliminated the concern about people ignoring the theme.  But that's just me - you set it up a certain way and you have every right to.  You didn't even have to let me play in the first place since I know you wanted a smaller group, and I appreciate you letting me in.

:tup

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2535 on: November 24, 2019, 12:21:56 AM »
You'll probably get mine in the next few hours, Tim. I've got half of the story written yesterday, but I was nodding off and couldn't finish it. Hopefully I can write a decent ending this morning and send it to you.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2536 on: November 24, 2019, 12:23:11 AM »
i totally forgot to work on this today and it's too late now but you'll get it Eventually. maybe in like three months

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2537 on: November 24, 2019, 12:26:09 AM »
i totally forgot to work on this today and it's too late now but you'll get it Eventually. maybe in like three months
:neverusethis:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2538 on: November 24, 2019, 04:36:56 AM »
Just sent. This might be the best thing I've done yet. Looking forward to see what you guys came up with.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2539 on: November 24, 2019, 05:09:53 AM »
I just wrote a 3 page word document with my story.  I was going to send tonight but its 10pm and I have to be up by 4:30am.  Will have to leave to tomorrow night.  I still want to write a bit on each song on how they fit etc too.

Should I just send multiple PM's Tim with everything in?  Anyone know who much you can send in one PM?

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2540 on: November 24, 2019, 05:12:53 AM »
It's 20000 symbols I think. It'll warn you if you're over the limit in which case you'll have to split it. I know this from experience :lol

My count is pretty modest this time, but I feel this is the best thing I've written yet, 8 pages (the first page is the actual songs) and ~3.3k words.

I was going to send tonight but its 10pm and I have to be up by 4:30am.

No wonder you're so pissed off all the time. I get up at 4:45 / 5am and it sucks. :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2541 on: November 24, 2019, 05:18:42 AM »
My story comes in at 2000 words.  I've never participated in a roulette with this sort of concept before but happy with my story and especially my concept. 

Yeah, getting up early every day fucking sucks.  Never underestimate sleep.  In the quiet winter period, I'd be sleeping 8 hours and getting up around 6:30/7am.  Getting up at 4:00/4:30 averaging 6 hours for 6 days a week is not good for your health.  Get your sleep people.

And cheers Rulan, I'll probably just split it all anyway beforehand.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2542 on: November 24, 2019, 05:31:42 AM »
Yeah, getting up early every day fucking sucks.  Never underestimate sleep.  In the quiet winter period, I'd be sleeping 8 hours and getting up around 6:30/7am.  Getting up at 4:00/4:30 averaging 6 hours for 6 days a week is not good for your health.  Get your sleep people.

Welcome to my last 20 years.

2000, and 3000 words, eh?  I'm only at about 800 for my story.  Just setting up the PM now.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2543 on: November 24, 2019, 05:35:43 AM »

2000, and 3000 words, eh?  I'm only at about 800 for my story.  Just setting up the PM now.

6 hours a night for 20 years.  Why is that mate, work?

Damn, I have to log off now.  :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2544 on: November 24, 2019, 05:43:29 AM »

I'm at the same shit for the last seven years which is pretty much my whole stay at DTF (with occasional 3 hours of sleep instead of 6 at Tuesday night for the last two years) and I really hope I can break the pattern because damn, I want to sleep all the time. And the worst thing I'm still pretty young. I can't imagine doing this in, say, my 40s. Damn.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2545 on: November 24, 2019, 06:44:18 AM »

6 hours a night for 20 years.  Why is that mate, work?

Damn, I have to log off now.  :lol

Kids, then dogs.

Rarely do I have the chance to sleep much past 6:30, and I'm a night owl.  It's usually midnight when I go to bed.  I've also now reached the point in life where I cannot get back to sleep once I'm awake.  So, if I happen to wake up at 5 for some reason, that's it, I'm up.  My body has adapted.

Naps are great though - whenever I can get them.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2546 on: November 24, 2019, 06:45:06 AM »
Oh, and I've sent.  Managed to squeeze a few thousand more words into my story - I wasn't about to be outdone.   ;)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2547 on: November 24, 2019, 06:47:49 AM »
Jeez, am I the only one not writing a novel with thousands of words? I mean, concept albums don't normally have that.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2548 on: November 24, 2019, 07:02:38 AM »
Jeez, am I the only one not writing a novel with thousands of words? I mean, concept albums don't normally have that.

Mine usually do! :lol

The way I think about it, normal concept albums are able to tell their story through music. But then the music is written by the storytellers themselves. I have to create a story with the tracks already written, the lyrics already written, which is why I feel the need to provide the story that runs through the tracks.

Honestly I just like writing I guess. I could never publish a book but I can write these little stories in a safe DTF environment.

But I'm also looking forward to your concept album, I'm sure you'll make it work even without a novel.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2549 on: November 24, 2019, 07:20:46 AM »

Mine usually do! :lol
Oh I meant real concept albums, rather than roulette ones.

The way I think about it, normal concept albums are able to tell their story through music. But then the music is written by the storytellers themselves. I have to create a story with the tracks already written, the lyrics already written, which is why I feel the need to provide the story that runs through the tracks.
For sure I get all that, I guess I just try and recreate a normal concept album as much as I can by making both the lyrics and music flow well and fit into the story narrative (which I think has gone particularly well this time). I still provided an explanation of the overall story setting and what each song is about, along with lyrics excerpts from each song, but that's probably a few hundred words rather than a few thousand. :lol

Personally, I feel that the more detailed and specific the story it is, the more obvious it is when lyrics deviate from that. Which happened to some extent to Puppies in my roulette (although he still did a cracking job).

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2550 on: November 24, 2019, 07:58:55 AM »
You guys are the best. Got Evermind and J Boy. Chad, got your email too.

Did you guys pick a double point song?

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2551 on: November 24, 2019, 08:08:07 AM »

I did. Look for two asterisks near the 7th song title on Part 1.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2552 on: November 24, 2019, 09:32:02 AM »

Yes, it's in the PM.

I do not envy you having to chose who to dole out the 5 bonus points to for the best concept/theme. Seems as though we're all putting a shit-ton of thought and effort in to this.

REALLY looking forward to the stories and track lists.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2553 on: November 24, 2019, 09:36:11 AM »
I didn't so that's one less person to worry about lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2554 on: November 24, 2019, 09:42:01 AM »

Yes, it's in the PM.

I do not envy you having to chose who to dole out the 5 bonus points to for the best concept/theme. Seems as though we're all putting a shit-ton of thought and effort in to this.

REALLY looking forward to the stories and track lists.

It's easy, my story deserves all the five points. :biggrin:

I didn't so that's one less person to worry about lol

What about your "game on" and all that? You'd better deliver, you know.