Author Topic: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Final Results  (Read 158730 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The $5.98 TAC EP Roulette V.4 Round 4
« Reply #2485 on: November 22, 2019, 07:24:17 PM »
I'm hoping to make you sweat too Kade.

Tim.... agreed completely on everything you said about each of my tunes.  1st half of Genesis slays; 2nd half is kinda weak.  Definitely do check out The Chronicles Project album - it's a VERY cool concept, and nice trio of vocalists.  Noveria.... Symphony-X-lite.  Really good though.  They just had a new release a few weeks ago (3rd album).  All three are excellent.

Bonus points... everyone knows and plays by the same rules.  For those that didn't figure out that earning a bonus point was the equivalent of a 0.5 bump in the score of each song, well... I got nothing for ya.  I tried not to sacrifice song quality, but absolutely knew that the bonus points could separate the men from the boys. Hence, I'm in 3rd, not 5th.  :biggrin:

Faizoff... crazy focking cool theme dude.   :tup  Couple of really nice EPs up there.  Gonna PM a couple of you to get the spotify links so I can have a listen after the end.  @Tim, when you reveal the submissions this round, will you also post the Spotify link so my lazy ass doesn't have to recreate the playlist?

I'd share my writeups, but I don't bother with any such attempts to dress up my EP - I let the music do the talking.   ;)  Except this round.  Got me a story to write tomorrow morning.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2486 on: November 22, 2019, 07:27:28 PM »
Chad, I have all of the Spotify links for the entire roulette. I haven't deleted those. Let me know which one's you need. 

Yes Chad, I will basically quote post everyone's entry including the link. But I'll do it intermittently after EPic Hangman.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2487 on: November 22, 2019, 07:30:45 PM »
Listening to Ariich's album now, and I can guarantee that after hangman, Chad will absolutely attribute this band to Kade. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2488 on: November 22, 2019, 07:35:32 PM »
Sent!

I know I've got basically no chance of winning this thing, but it's been fun. :) Looking forward to seeing everyone's write-ups (and maybe listening to the EPs too)!
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2489 on: November 22, 2019, 07:36:48 PM »
i was gonna try and keep my concept to just 1 hour and Maybe I Still Will but it's kind of spiraling out of control beyond that  :lol
might do the "roulette version/director's cut" type submission too at this rate

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2490 on: November 22, 2019, 07:38:29 PM »
i was gonna try and keep my concept to just 1 hour and Maybe I Still Will but it's kind of spiraling out of control beyond that  :lol
might do the "roulette version/director's cut" type submission too at this rate

Whatever you want to do is fine. :metal

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2491 on: November 22, 2019, 07:39:32 PM »
At only 42 minutes, maybe mine can win through brevity. :neverusethis:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2492 on: November 22, 2019, 07:48:26 PM »
Listening to Ariich's album now, and I can guarantee that after hangman, Chad will absolutely attribute this band to Kade. :lol

I haven't sent yet.  Could be both.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2493 on: November 22, 2019, 07:49:39 PM »
At only 42 minutes, maybe mine can win through brevity. :neverusethis:

It was so short, I was still reading the story when it finished. :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2494 on: November 22, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »
hmm alright taking a break from mine for now 'cause i've been drafting stuff for like two hours straight  :lol
i'll see if i can get it to you tomorrow

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2495 on: November 22, 2019, 08:03:46 PM »
hmm alright taking a break from mine for now 'cause i've been drafting stuff for like two hours straight  :lol
i'll see if i can get it to you tomorrow

No rush. I got the second one tonight, which I'm listening to now. Them coming in staggered isn't a bad thing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 08:41:43 PM by TAC »

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2496 on: November 22, 2019, 09:34:37 PM »
Bonus points... everyone knows and plays by the same rules.  For those that didn't figure out that earning a bonus point was the equivalent of a 0.5 bump in the score of each song, well... I got nothing for ya.  I tried not to sacrifice song quality, but absolutely knew that the bonus points could separate the men from the boys. Hence, I'm in 3rd, not 5th.  :biggrin:

For the record, I'm not complaining about bonus points.  Or maybe I am, but it's not malicious complaining.  :P  I don't think I'd be winning the roulette without it, etc.  And I'm certainly trying - my first EP was a total "change of seasons" theme, and this one offered TAC all the gods he could possibly want. :P :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2497 on: November 22, 2019, 10:18:27 PM »

For the record, I'm not complaining about bonus points.  Or maybe I am, but it's not malicious complaining.  :P  I don't think I'd be winning the roulette without it, etc.  And I'm certainly trying - my first EP was a total "change of seasons" theme, and this one offered TAC all the gods he could possibly want. :P :)

I hear ya.  And I'm only pleased about the bonus point situation since I've been lucky enough to get 3/4 of 'em. :lol  I could've just as easily swung out of favor with Tim at anytime, and I'd be bitching/moaning/complaining about the whole scoring method.  Luck is on my side - so far.  But, Rich and I have some ground to make up - and need Kade to stumble.

And Katt to settle on the Lucy EP.  :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2498 on: November 22, 2019, 10:36:23 PM »
Let's take a vote and decide if I should force TAC to listen to it.  :corn
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2499 on: November 22, 2019, 11:15:18 PM »
The bonus point system is broken in my opinion, but I'm alright with that anyway, wasn't playing to win this.

Tim, you're getting the whole uncut version then, probably today or tomorrow. I'll sit down to pen the story today, let's see if I can do it in one sitting.

Very surprised with the score for Without a Map, not complaining though, it's my favorite song from that album and it's gorgeous.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2500 on: November 22, 2019, 11:29:32 PM »

Tim, you're getting the whole uncut version then, probably today or tomorrow. I'll sit down to pen the story today, let's see if I can do it in one sitting.

This is what I just did. 4 pages of story. Tim is going to wake up to a monster album and a monster story. :corn :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2501 on: November 23, 2019, 01:04:57 AM »
 :metal

Looking forward to read It!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2502 on: November 23, 2019, 01:11:12 AM »
The story is probably terrible, but that's to be expected only taking 1 day to write it   :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2503 on: November 23, 2019, 01:15:20 AM »
Not sure if there are bonus points for the final round, but if there are, my upcoming story deserves all of them. :biggrin:

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2504 on: November 23, 2019, 01:24:56 AM »
my story is... weird, but hopefully entertaining. i'm still trying to piece it together tbh but it's mostly coherent by now
a few spots where i could have multiple songs all fitting the same story purpose so i'm trying to pick the best ones, trying to make sure i don't have any songs that are too out of left field musically, etc

not that flow matters in this roulette but

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2505 on: November 23, 2019, 01:31:36 AM »
I kept the majority of the music on mine in the same genre, with a few outliers.

Based on what I know of everyone's tastes, I think Kade, Ruslan, and Chad would all enjoy my album. Or at least most of it.  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2506 on: November 23, 2019, 01:41:43 AM »
none of those three will enjoy my album

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2507 on: November 23, 2019, 01:45:10 AM »
my story is... weird

As expected :)

As expected :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2508 on: November 23, 2019, 02:01:08 AM »
I probably would, but funnily enough you probably won't enjoy mine  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2509 on: November 23, 2019, 02:23:20 AM »
Cyril would definitely enjoy one artist on my album and I suppose we'll find out if he would enjoy one other artist in the next round of his roulette.

I'm honestly not sure who would enjoy my album other than Sacul and Tomislav tbh, I think maybe you would but not sure

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2510 on: November 23, 2019, 03:40:42 AM »
I had surgery yesterday, and although I'm home now, I can't really do a lot since I feel rather weak and terrible. I'll see if I can throw something together over the weekend, but if that doesn't happen, you know why.

Glad you enjoyed the last EP; I should have asked for double points on one of the Satan tracks, I was actually thinking about that, but then for some reason decided to go for a different one :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2511 on: November 23, 2019, 07:12:28 AM »
Just got to work. Working 9-5 today. Be on my computer around 6.

I feel bad the Bonus Points have been so controversial. That wasn’t my intent.

I’ll address when I have a keyboard tonight.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2512 on: November 23, 2019, 07:13:51 AM »
I had surgery yesterday, and although I'm home now, I can't really do a lot since I feel rather weak and terrible. I'll see if I can throw something together over the weekend, but if that doesn't happen, you know why.

Glad you enjoyed the last EP; I should have asked for double points on one of the Satan tracks, I was actually thinking about that, but then for some reason decided to go for a different one :lol

Elite. First off. Take care.

Secondly, I only got the third one and it’s long. It’s all I’ll have time for tonight probably so there is absolutely no rush. I’ll talk to you tonight.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2513 on: November 23, 2019, 08:01:04 AM »
I dunno how the bonus points are controversial. Matching the themes is NOT hard.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2514 on: November 23, 2019, 08:43:51 AM »
I dunno how the bonus points are controversial. Matching the themes is NOT hard.

I don't think it's controversial.  Then again, I'm getting the points, so there's that.  Even still, I'd probably bitch a little, but the rules were outlined at the start, apply to all equally, and have been consistent.  It'll be my own goddamn fault if I come in second by less than a point - I should've sent a better song in the chick round to earn that point!

The core of my story written.  Gotta proof-read it over, maybe dress it up a little, then one last listen to the Director's Cut tomorrow morning.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2515 on: November 23, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »

Secondly, I only got the third one and it’s long.
Sorry  :blush
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2516 on: November 23, 2019, 09:33:44 AM »
I don't know if I'll be able to do a huge write up, a lot of the song lyrics already connect together.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2517 on: November 23, 2019, 09:48:01 AM »
I don't know if I'll be able to do a huge write up, a lot of the song lyrics already connect together.

Don’t be intimidated by other people’s um...length.  ;D

Just something brief that connects all over of the songs. How you did it last Round was fine.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2518 on: November 23, 2019, 09:48:43 AM »
Sent my swan songs (EP?), RIP me. I predict it will score towards the bottom of the lot

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2519 on: November 23, 2019, 10:32:09 AM »
Best song goes to Sacul.  Marketa Irglova - Without A Map   Simply amazing.
Damn, now that's a huge surprise :o :2metal:. Also glad to see Obscure Sphinx do well despite how it tanked some rounds ago.

I'll prepare my EP, will prob send it tomorrow though.