Author Topic: New original 'Common Ground' By TDS and his Cosmic Orchestra  (Read 777 times)

Offline cosmicwxdude

New original 'Common Ground' By TDS and his Cosmic Orchestra
« on: October 15, 2019, 03:39:46 PM »
Well I don't really write metally progressive music but I do enjoy the genre of course,   but my music writing style is more of the Steve Wilson or Black Field, Tears for Fears, Yes, Todd Rudgren etc.. vein of things.  I have no formulas, I am self taught musician but I like writing songs/music that have strong melodic content, some progressive elements as far as a few twists or turns in the rhythm, melodic, chord progressions,  symphonic etc.   I play all instruments but with drum machine... This song is kind of like a Seinfeld episode, in that it's about a lot of things but nothing in particular.   Have a listen if you so please. About 3:48 long. 

https://youtu.be/UOgHh23S61c

-OR-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgHh23S61c&feature=youtu.be

Thanks  :hefdaddy

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: New original 'Common Ground' By TDS and his Cosmic Orchestra
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 03:54:17 PM »
Overall I liked it! There are some strong melodies here and there.

1 criticism: At times it feels the guitar comes in half a note too early and so do the vocals (though not as much). Not sure if that is intentional or not but just my observation.

Other than that, I enjoyed it.  :tup
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cosmicwxdude

Re: New original 'Common Ground' By TDS and his Cosmic Orchestra
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 04:09:14 PM »
 Vmadera00  since I am still on the board I'd like to thank you for your kind words and constructive criticism. Some of my most difficult things to overcome in performing and recording are some timing issues. I've gotten much better over the years but at times I can and do slip slightly off.  I do notice it during one of the solos in this song but when I record (just using basic 8 channel digital Tascam) I tend to record each instrument all the way through in a single take. No editing or punching in when I record and if I mess up subtly here or there after several takes I let it slide sometimes.   If I were paying by the hour at a studio I'd be sure to have it as tight as possible.  :lol

Thanks again and glad you enjoyed it.

TDS