Author Topic: Sounds familiar, right?  (Read 4308 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Sounds familiar, right?
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2019, 11:21:02 AM »
NoseofNicko actually posted in the first thread listed. :lol

:lol  It happens.  I'm sure I've done similar things.  Repeatedly.  Not a big deal.  If it came across like I was making it into some huge thing, that wasn't my intent.  It can just get annoying when new threads pop up about old topics that have been done to death, that's all.  Again, no biggie.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »
My bad. Didn’t know there was an advanced search option. Never noticed it until now.
Honestly, you don't even need to use the advanced search option. I just did a normal search now, using the song title in quotation marks and I got the same results. I think the key is to use quotation marks otherwise you'll get a crapload of other posts in the results.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2019, 11:24:45 AM »
My bad. Didn’t know there was an advanced search option. Never noticed it until now.
Honestly, you don't even need to use the advanced search option. I just did a normal search now, using the song title in quotation marks and I got the same results. I think the key is to use quotation marks otherwise you'll get a crapload of other posts in the results.

I’ll search things using quotation marks next time I’m looking for something, thanks for the info.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2019, 11:39:35 AM »
If you don't use quotations, it'll search for every time every wotd you searched for was used.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 11:40:05 AM »

I’ll search things using quotation marks next time I’m looking for something, thanks for the info.
No problem meu amigo!   :tup
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2019, 11:41:03 AM »
Karla is a bitch!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2019, 11:48:17 AM »
Karla is a bitch!
Yes, we already know.

you are accountable and if the loopholes in archaic copyright law doesn't get you, Karla will

Well, as they say, Karla's a bitch.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2019, 12:45:47 PM »
NoseofNicko actually posted in the first thread listed. :lol

:lol  It happens.  I'm sure I've done similar things.  Repeatedly.  Not a big deal.  If it came across like I was making it into some huge thing, that wasn't my intent.  It can just get annoying when new threads pop up about old topics that have been done to death, that's all.  Again, no biggie.

[insert cheers emoticon here]