Author Topic: How Much Longer Will DT Tour?  (Read 3948 times)

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: How Much Longer Will DT Tour?
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2019, 06:21:21 AM »
For my money, I don't think they're going to downtune every song and make soft neoprog albums with zero technical complexity and stop dying their hair so you can see the gray (James and Mike, I'm looking at you :P).

Why does JP get a free pass?! :lol
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2019, 09:58:19 AM »
For my money, I don't think they're going to downtune every song and make soft neoprog albums with zero technical complexity and stop dying their hair so you can see the gray (James and Mike, I'm looking at you :P).

Why does JP get a free pass?! :lol
Haha, I completely forgot about him! He should trim the beard before he makes any hair decisions  :P

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2019, 10:23:23 AM »
As a dude with a big ol' beard himself (JP said "nice beard!" when he saw me after the IW&B show a couple years ago  ;D), I hope JP delays doing anything to his beard by a month every time somebody tells him to cut or trim it.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2019, 10:28:30 AM »
HISTORIAN!
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2019, 10:32:46 AM »
As a gal who dyes her hair, my thoughts occasionally go to this topic....why do they all choose the same "metal band black" color? James is light brown, JP brown, and MM dark brown ( he could get away with the black )..Just random hair thoughts.  Fortunately I cannot comment on the beard.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2019, 10:35:16 AM »
I always pictured you having an epic beard, geeeemo.  Guess I was mistaken.  :dunno:

:biggrin:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2019, 01:23:12 PM »
Sorry to disappoint!! :rollin

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2019, 01:05:12 PM »
As a dude with a big ol' beard himself (JP said "nice beard!" when he saw me after the IW&B show a couple years ago  ;D), I hope JP delays doing anything to his beard by a month every time somebody tells him to cut it
Reasonable!

or trim it.  :lol
Not reasonable! Beard hairs get split ends too.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2019, 05:56:54 PM »
As a gal who dyes her hair, my thoughts occasionally go to this topic....why do they all choose the same "metal band black" color? James is light brown, JP brown, and MM dark brown ( he could get away with the black )..Just random hair thoughts.  Fortunately I cannot comment on the beard.

I don't know. It makes them all look older with jet black hair & old man faces but they must like it 'cause they keep doing it *shrug*.

Whatever Dream Theater chooses to do with their future concerts, I hope they still sound good. It's sad to hear some of these older bands that keep playing live.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!